Early Morning

Early Morning

7:00AM

 

Sehun tangles his light fingers in Minseok's hair.

 

The sun is just rising, and the calming sounds of a piano ballad playing from the radio in the corner can be heard.

 

The slight scent of coffee fills the air. Americano coffee to be exact. (Sehun had awoken early to put it on.)

 

White sheets half-cover both bodies that entangle in each other's presences, gliding along every possible contour present.

 

This is how Minseok and Sehun wake.

 

Tradition is something silly to call it. Though it's the same every day, knowingly.

 

Sehun awakes in a ball held tightly, close to Minseok's soft chest.

Rising, falling, rising, falling.

Sehun counts the amount of times Minseok's chest rises and falls before his eyes flutter open, and even the wait is content, whether long or short.

 

Because when Minseok is awake, Sehun can idly wrap arms around his neck and sweep him in for a dozen good morning kisses. Sehun can twirl his hair and listen to him laugh with every "I love you" spoken. Sehun can feel tranquility and pure happiness when Minseok awakes.

Because when Minseok awakes, Sehun knows he can start falling in love. Over and over and over again, every morning, Sehun finds himself falling in love with the way Minseok groans and the way he scratches his hair into a mess. The way he accidentally kicks Sehun in the midst of adjusting his position. The way the sunlight shimmers through the window and hits his face at the perfect angle. The way Minseok makes Sehun feel, just by being next to him so early; Sehun falls in love. With everything Minseok does from the moment he wakes up, all the way to the moment he falls asleep. Sehun falls in love.

 

And if Minseok wasn't too occupied listening to Sehun coo sweet "I love you"'s every second of the day, he'd say, "I love you, too."