Final

Don't Poke Your Nose Where It Doesn't Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Put her down for her nap at 2:30, she gets cranky if she doesn’t get her beauty rest.” He laughed.

“Don’t worry Mr Lau, I’ve got everything covered. You can trust me.”

He smiled at her and turned to his daughter, Narae, “Okay sweetheart, be good to Chaerin, I’ll be back at 6.” He leaned down and kissed her forehead and she wrapped her little arms around his neck. Chaerin smiled at the sight.

He straightened up and looked at her, “Well, Chaerin, my numbers are on the fridge, her snacks are in the top cupboard and don’t let her watch anything scary on television.”

She laughed, “Don’t worry, I won’t.” she looked at her watch, “Now go Mr Lau, you’ll miss your meeting.”

“You don’t have to call me that, just call me Henry.” He smiled again and went out the door, closing it gently behind him.

Chaerin turned to Narae and grinned, “Now, it’s time to have fun.”

-

Chaerin tiredly flopped down onto the couch in the living room, trying to catch her breath.

“Wow, that kid has energy for days.”

Narae had pulled Chaerin along for the entire morning, playing games in the yard, playing hide and seek, you name it, and they did it. The only time they stopped was to eat lunch.

Chaerin was so happy when the child’s eyes began to droop while watching TV. So she carried her upstairs and laid her down to rest.

A few minutes later, Chaerin grew bored; there was nothing interesting on TV so she decided to have a look around.

She walked throughout the house, looking into each room. In one of the rooms, she saw a variety of instruments but a beautiful violin rested on a polished wooden table. At that moment she wished that she didn’t give up the violin all those years ago.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter