Studying

The College Bachelor - The idiots guide to a healthy, successful college career

I wasn’t supposed to be the one writing the next blog, but I had a friend ask me of how I study. Because we’re all different, I found it quite hard to narrow a path so I did some research and I’ll give you some ideas with what helps for me, and what may help for you.

Chimchim and I usually study together, we both work well when we talk and maybe this isn’t the thing for you; so I’ll get to that as well later on!

The best kind of learning is when you teach the material to someone else. This could be a roommate that hates the subject that you’re learning, random person on the bus, a plant; whatever is most handy. The only thing I want to stress is not to limit yourself in the way you study.  Sitting at a desk for hours does not work for everyone.  It doesn’t work for me, so, take hike and study outdoors, invite your friends over to a study date, or you know what?  Technology is getting popular these days so study via skype.

If reading is your thing, it’s definitely not mine, leave yourself time to understand the concept.  Give yourself small treats, for once you have managed to read over a huge chunk of hard material.  Because for sitting down and reading the material, you deserve a chocolate kiss.

Recording lectures.  If you have a good teacher, that explains everything paying attention in class is all you need to pass. To those that cannot do this, trust me, I can empathize with that. Chimchim often sits in class with me, and makes my life miserable and this is why recording it would be a good method; you could re-visit the lecture if you have annoyingly long trips back home.

There are many ways to study and I want to talk about it all here, but I have a test tomorrow and I have a study date with Kanji in about 5 minutes.

My little buddy’s clawing at me because he cares.  Here’s my boy.

Don’t worry, appa will study hard and become really big and make tons of money after college.

Before I go! Remember, study the way that works best for you and you don’t have to stick to the more traditional methods.

In the next few updates we’ll be talking about food, friends, textbooks and giiirrlfriends so stay tuned for that. 

Stay aweosme, 

V