Next door

College Year with Super Junior

I quickly walk towards the door while running my fingers through my long hair, mainly fixing my bangs. I open the door with a growing sense of nervousity. Who could it be?! Can he or she speak English? I'm in trouble... In the hallway is a skinny guy with raven black hair smiling at me. My mind can't really comprehend it and only after a few seconds I am willing to believe that I am right in front of Super Junior's leader.

He smiles and waves, I gain my senses back and open the door completely.  He stands a bit awkwardly in front of the entrance and I hurriedly let him in. He smiles again and enters, after taking of his shoes he follows me to the living room.

Not sure of what to do next, I ask him if he wants to drink something. Please say water, I have nothing else...  He looks up surprised but thanks me. Thank the Lord... Then I motion him to sit down on the couch and there we are. Both of us smile shyly and it's so quiet that I'm afraid that my fast heartbeat can be heard.  Then he looks up and starts speaking "We were notified of your job and we're looking forward to meet you." He chuckles as I look down and smile dreamily.  Then he looks at me and asks "The guys send me here to ask you to join us at dinner tonight at our place... So can you?" I look up happy and nod " I'd love to! But is it not a problem?" I manage to say (with a bad sense of grammar). "No no of course not!" then he said something I couldn't understand so I just nodded and gave a wide smile. "Alright!  Well then, I'll see you in one hour at our place,oke?" "Sure I'll be there!" I reply. He nods and takes his leave. 
 

YES YES YES!!!! I have dinner tonight! With SJ. BUT IT'S FREE FOOD!!!! I cheer and pump my fist up before rushing to my room and open my suitcase.

I get changed in my red jeans and white t shirt with a short, red, cotton jacket. I put on some red silver bracelets and brush my hair. I decide to pull it in a simple high ponytail and wear silver earrings. I check my breath, a mint couldn't hurt...

After nervously waiting for half an hour, while repeating simple sentences to use during the dinner, I get up and get out. I press the bell next door and fidget with my fingers.  Some noise could be heard from inside and after one minute the door opens and reveals a smiling Leeteuk.  "Hey! You're right on time,  come on in!"

In the hall the first thing I notice is the enormous amount of shoes.  Like nearly twenty shoes in all shapes and sizes and colours. And together they formed the greatest mess I have ever witnessed. And I have seen some things. Then I hear a deep roaring sound, it turns out to be the noise of grown man who were laughing. I take of my shoes and follow Leeteuk into the living room. There I see a sight I'll never forget:

Fourteen handsome men in casual clothing having fun with a bunch of dogs, turtles and an unfortunate cat. The poor thing is hissing non stop and trying to escape the many hands trying to it. Leeteuk chuckles when he sees my amazed look and shouts to the guys to behave themselves infront of their new neighbour. They stop and walk over. Now I feel small... I usually feel small since I'm about 1.60 m and lived in the Land of the Human Giraffes aka the Netherlands.... but now I seem to be a dwarf.  They may not be very tall but they sure have a great presence. Everywhere I look (oke almost everywhere) I see fit, handsome man looking at me curiously.

I decide that I can't look less in front of them so I look back and stand up straight while smiling calmly.

" Hello everyone, my name is Mitra Kohnesheen and from today onwards I am your new neighbour and personal creative director. Please take care of me!" I say as charming as I can and bow ninety degrees.

"Whoa! You speak Korean!" Someone I recognise as Heechul shouts. I look at him and smile.  Then the questions start flowing and soon I am unable to understand a single word. "YAH! You guys! One at a time! " Again Heechul, only now he is in a bad mood. The questions stop and a new voice belonging to Ryeowook announces that dinner is ready.

After a couple of minutes everyone finds a place at a low table in the living room. It is a feast! I have never seen such a large amount of dishes in my life (except Afghan weddings). I slowly make my way to the food but soon decide that it is saver to wait until the hungry mass has taken place. In the end I have found a seat between the forever calm Kibum and the especially happy Shindong.

We start eating and I can't help but notice that every once in a while one of the guys peak at me. I try to keep my eyes on my food but it still uncomfortable. Leeteuk notices and speaks up "Guys, is there anything you want to ask our guest?" The table becomes silent, then Henry asks "Where are you from?" " I am originally from Afghanistan but I lived the biggest part of my life in the Netherlands." is my response. "Oh wauw..." is the reply and it becomes quiet again.

Then Siwon looks up and ask my age,"I'm born on the first of February 1997, so I'm a twenty one in Korean age. I think." The others nod and we continue to eat until Eunhyuk asks "What are your hobbies? " "I like to read, write, play the violin, dance and draw. Oh and I played volleyball for nearly eight years. "

"That's awesome! How about we play the violin together? " My cheeks feel hot and I nod enthusiastically "I'd love to. " "Then that's settled." Henry grins.

The rest of the evening passes peacefully, they ask some more standard questions and the guys play a card game (which I had taught them) and soon it's time for me to leave. They walk to the door with me and high-five me before loudly slamming the door close. I stop to stare at the door with the many messages from fans. The walls are chalked with messages and covered with scratches and letters. That's some crazy popularity...

That night in my bed I finally let go of my inner fan girl feelings: "OMG! I JUST HAD DINNER WITH SUPER JUNIOR!