An interesting school year ahead

College Year with Super Junior

'I can't believe that my parents let me go!!!!' I nearly screamed on the phone to my friend who screamed just as loud back. Laughing and wincing at the same time, I pull my phone away from my ear. After another half and hour we bid goodbye and I let myself fall on my bed, still unable to wipe the huge smile of my face. It has been three hours since my parents finally gave in to my plea to let me go to my dream job. It's a good thing that my teachers helped me...

I get back up and stare at my room, I have to decide what I will bring along and what I will have to leave behind. Knowing myself, I will probably pack all my 'extremely important' stuff that my mom and aunt will throw out again to save space for actual neccesities like clothes. I'll be leaving a week before the summer vacation is over so I can settle in a bit. Because you know, South Korea isn't like the Netherlands at all... Now I have one month left, every day is one day closer to my new life.

I'm a nineteen year old art and technology student and in my third year we have to work in a business, so I choose SM entertainment. A pretty normal choice for a kpop addict, be honest. I know that a lot of people don't even bother because they don't believe that they stand a chance. However, I am a bit crazy and live according my all-time motto "No regrets". So, I broke up with my beloved bed and worked on my porfolio for months. And then, I pressed the send-button and started praying. 

AND THEY ACCEPTED ME!! *drops down sqealing*

I won't go into details of how I reacted but just imagine a.... Tornado. Yes. A very excited and whirling tornado. I received a mail with some basic information and my school got in touch with the company. In the end this came out:  I'll be an assistant creative director and will follow my lessons through Skype. It'll probably be exhausting but it is worth it. After all, I'll be working with my idols! Secretly I'm hoping to become a trainee but we'll see...

*One month later*

At last I managed to break free from my parents bone breaking hug. For the first time (at least the first time I can remember) I step in the gate. My phone buzzes almost immediatly and I take some steadying breaths to stop the treathening tears. But it is no use, my moms' choked voice makes my cheeks wet and dripping. After a glance at my watch we say goodbye, I wipe of my tears and quickly get in the plane. I look out of the window and mentally prep myself up against becoming homesick. The plane takes off and it feels as if I'm releasing myself from my old life. the ropes snap and swing towards the other side of the planet pulling me closer every second.

*Many hours later*

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome on Icheon airport. We wish you a good time here." The nasal voice through the speakers wakes me up from my slumber.  I have arrived! It is afternoon when I get out and I already sense my jetlag, I keep on yawning throughout the wait for my suitcase. Once I gathered all my stuff I start dragging them away. After a few moments I sigh and  put my bags down to pull out my phone to text my father. I receive an 'okay' back. Now let's find my contact person. I squint my eyes to look at the group of people in front me.  Soon I spot a bord with 'art and technology' beneath the dull face of a lady. I walk towards her "Mitra Kohnesheen?" I nod, surprised by her flawless pronunciation. She turns and walks towards the exit. I have to keep up a fast pace not to lose her out of sight. Soon we are in the car driving through busy streets in the warm city, until we arrive in front of a large building with a sign that spreads a swarm of ants in my stomach. SMTown is right in front of me. Here are my idols practicing and hanging out...

She leads me through the door, through halls, up various stairs and eventually to the final floor. On my way I see some men and woman in suits but hardly anyone in tracksuits, indicating that they are training. I shrug and focus myself on the big event coming up, at least a big event for me. There is a large door in front of me, the ants start biting, she knocks and a voice let's us in...

*Half an hour later*

I walk out of the building and slump down on the stairs, competely exhausted because of the time difference but even more of the stress and anxiety to meet the big boss. During my conversation, mr Lee Soo Man told me that I will be an assistant of the creative directors. He also gave me an assignment to begin with, my guess is that he wants to put me to the test. I have to make up a story for a mv (which took me by surprise since SM is known for box mv's) and the chance is high that I'll work for one group. I was excited about the last bit because that would mean that I would practically be spending the whole day with them.

I squeal by the thought and immediately face-palm myself mentally and fysically. I'm in public...

Mr Lee had also given me a map with everything I need to know and my schedule for the next week. I'll be meeting the creative directors first and guess what, they're none other than BoA and Kangta! My inner fan girl was about to be revealed when I read their names. Good thing I can control my feelings like a pro...

I wonder how they're like in real life.  But no matter what,  I'll stick to my motto and just let it hit me. I'll learn so much this half year. Maybe I can convince my parents to let me stay here for... maybe forever... *sqealing*

I get up and take a few steps in the squirming and warm street before I see someone from the other side opening his bag. I focus my eyes and jump up when I realise that it's reporter who's readying his camera complete with a monstrousity of a lens. But before he can focus on me, I already forced my trained but tired leg muscles in a sprint, far away from the curiousity from the gossip media.