Hello, Autumn

Goodbye, Summer

                It has been exactly a month since then. A new school year is starting. I was in my final year. Thinking that I can stay low, I did not expect to meet someone new, a person that is willing to talk to me. He is really annoying. I did not let him get too close to me. I was afraid of falling in love again.

                "Eun-Ji ah, let's eat together!" I shrugged his arms off. Not looking at where I am going, I bumped into someone. There was a petite girl standing behind him. I did not recognize her; she did not seem like a senior here or someone who attended this school before. I forgotten that Woohyun was pestering me to go out and eat.

                "Are you okay, Eun-Ji?" He reached his hands out and helped me up. Woohyun brushed his hands away and held onto me. I glared at him but was thankful for what he did. The four of us walked and talked a bit. Soyou... That was her name. She was prettier than me and was better than me in many ways. That was probably why he liked her. I wished I had someone like that.

                I was surprised when Woohyun asked if Soyou wanted to come with him and order something to drink. I got the gist of what Woohyun had in his mind but I honestly did not think Soyou would agree. It was just me and him sitting in front of each other with silence filling up the air.

                “It has been quite a while, Eun-Ji. How are you?” I looked down on my fingers, asking, “Does she know what happened between us?” He nodded. He told me all the things about her that makes me envy her. His eyes still shine brightly as he talked about her... Just like that day when he called off our deal. Then, he said something that I never gave a thought about. “You should stop pushing Woohyun away. He is a nice kid. He also knows what happened between us. He was so mad that we didn’t talk at all.” He chuckled. After that, we began talking about Woohyun. As Sung-Kyu talked about him, I realized that I have been too harsh on the poor kid. Maybe, it was time to let it happen between us. I noticed Woohyun at the corner of the eyes. I guess it’s time to let go and start anew.

                “Woohyun! Me, you, date today. Call?” I shouted, smiling. That day was the day Woohyun smiled the brightest.

                Sometimes the one who you love the most can be someone who helped you the most. I got to admit, despite him having a girlfriend, Sung-Kyu was the type of guy that kept his promise. And Woohyun, he was someone that made my life turn for the better.