finish.

Piano

Chanyeol is a drummer and a guitarist.

 

It's not that he doesn't like piano, it's more of his childish grudge that he won't give up.

 

Chanyeol plays many instruments and had started out at an early age. However, when he tried playing the piano, only the most horrendous of sounds came out. (The large hands he's always had wasn't the best suit for the particular instrument.)

 

But he loves music unconditionally.

 

When he hears the beautiful notes emitting from outside a cafe building he and his friends are walking past, he almost trips over his own feet.

 

He imagines this as how a sailor would have felt around a siren; captivated.

 

He jumbles excuses and goodbyes to his friends, who he was hanging out with before and aimlessly wandering the busy streets with, before almost bursting through the door of the building separating him and the source of the music. Chanyeol is glad he didn't burst in and cause a commotion. After just a gaze around the room, he already knows he sticks out like a sore thumb.

 

He feels underdressed compared to everyone else. He looms over at 185 cm and in a simple shirt, jeans, and sneakers. This would be a time where he feels insecure about his height, but it goes to his advantage as he can see above the heads of people gathering around in a crowd.

 

Chanyeol pushes makes his way through the crowd, trying not to knock down ahjummas who have done nothing wrong. He is half expecting there to be an ahjusshi, but instead, there is a boy.

 

A rather attractive male who looked around his age.

An attractive, very sharply dressed male who looked completely out of his league.

A petite blond, wearing a tux, with his coat draped over his shoulders. 

Who was also incredibly musically talented. 

 

Chanyeol found himself in over his head, and when he made eye contact with the pianist, he could feel his own nerves tingling.

 

Even when he finished performing and the crowd slowly dispersed, Chanyeol stayed.

 

The pianist took his break and grabbed a coffee. Chanyeol went and got a cup as well, so it wouldn't be completely awkward talking with him later, and approaches the table where the other resided.

 

"H-hey," Chanyeol greeted the other (after clearing his throat.) "-do you mind if I sit with you?" He asked, pulling the chair out. A pair of eyes looked up into his and he could feel his nerves acting up again.

 

"I mean, if you don't want me to, that's completely fine too!" Chanyeol quickly backtracked, starting to push the chair into where it had been before.

 

"No that's alright! Sit down," The stranger said, while giving him a reassuring smile.

 

"T-thanks," He could feel the tips of his ears turning red while he was making himself comfortable. "You know, you're really, really talented," Chanyeol gushed, his former shyness seemily gone and his true personality coming through.

 

"Ah you really think so?" Was what the other replied with, then turning into the shyer one.

 

"I do! What was the name of the song you were playing earlier? I play guitar and would love to learn the song..." Chanyeol trails off, taking a sip of coffee.

 

"Oh. I kind of created it myself - I call it 'Miracles in December', but I don't play guitar so I wouldn't be much help there," He says, bowing his head a little bit.

 

"I take back what I said earlier," the pianist looks mildly alarmed, but Chanyeol continues, "you're insanely talented," He ends off with a friendly chuckle and the other's eye's sparkle.

 

"My name is Park Chanyeol and it's an honor to meet you."

 

"Byun Baekhyun... and likewise," Baekhyun grins.

 

They immediately hit it off, maybe a little too well, and they're too immersed in their conversation, neglecting their now cold coffee. Until it's once again time for Baekhyun to play the piano for the cafe again, but Chanyeol happily stays.

 

The night ends with Chanyeol walking Baekhyun home while chatting away, but then Baekhyun stops and tells him they've arrived, and all he's thinking is 'oh god I don't want this night to end.'

 

But it hasn't, and Baekhyun stops and turns around, facing him again, "Do you want to trade numbers?"

 

"Huh?" Is Park Chanyeol's intelligent reply.

 

Baekhyun chuckles, "Take out your phone, I'll put in my number." 

 

Chanyeol fishes his phone out and hands it to him.

 

The typing sounds stop and Baekhyun hands him his phone back, "Text me so I can have your number as well. Let's hang out again and we can work on transferring Miracles in December into chords for your guitar." He unlocks the door to his house, but before going in, he shoots Chanyeol a tiny surprise.

 

Chanyeol is still in a mild daze, but is still able to register it because hold up did Byun Baekhyun just wink at him?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

A/N:

HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT EXO'S COMEBACK /wheezes/

 

Anyway I have no idea what this story even is (the combination of bad ideas & only getting inspiration at 2 am) but thank you for reading this cheesiness!!

have some baekyeol gifs ^^

 

height differences are what i live for