Slow Motion

Slow Motion

Junho sat with his hands covering his face.  He was currently recieving another lecture from his friend.

"Junho, are you listening to me?!"

He looked up to the feisty face of Niigaki Sora. A few months younger than Junho, but acted like an older sister.

"No, Sora, I'm not listening to you...."

"Aish... what do you plan on doing with Sunny? I think you should just stop altogether and find a girl who'll love you completely."

"You know I can't do that, Sora. I love Sunny and I know she doesn't exactly.... want to go fast in this relationship, I'm willing to take it slow and wait for her."

Sora shook her head and twirled a few strands of her hair between her fingers.  Junho suddenly stood up and walked past Sora, he stopped when they were touching shoulders.

"Didn't you take it slow with Sunggyu? Who are you to tell me to speed up my relationship. You're being hypocritical."

"You know my reasons, Junho."

"Almost the same reasons as mine and Sunny's."

Sora was about to respond back, but Junho never gave her a chance and walked out the room.

-

Sunny was sipping on her hot coco, while flipping through a magazine.  She was waiting for Junho to come and he was already 10 minutes late.  Sunny finally saw him walking inside the cafe.  He shook his head, shaking off the excess snowflakes from his hair.  Sunny felt her heart beating faster and faster just by looking at his handsome face.

"Hey Sunny."

"Hey Junho... so it's snowing, huh?"

"Yup. Anyways, how've you been lately? Sorry, I've been.... not hanging out with you this past week. I've just been busy with... tests."

"Oh. I'm doing fine, Junho. And it's okay. I was just catching up on my reading, so it's fine."

"That's good."

Junho took Sunny's hands and just played with them.  them, caressing them, just touching Sunny's hands.  She didn't mind since Junho does this all the time, but for some reason, it felt like her skin was on fire.

"J-junho...."

Sunny squeaked and pulled back her hands.

"I'm sorry, Junho.... I have to get going...."

Sunny got up and out of the booth seat.  Just as she was leaving, Junho grabbed her by her wrist, preventing her from taking anymore further steps.  Sunny turned to look at Junho, but couldn't look at him directly.

"Sunny, what's wrong? Why are you acting like this? I know you wanted to take things slow, but you never acted like this before."

"Seriously, Junho. I have to get going."

"Not until you tell me what's wrong."

Sunny shook her head.

"If I knew what was wrong, I'd tell you, but I don't."

The answer seemed to stun Junho and Sunny used this chance to escape the cafe.

Sunny found herself in the park.  She sat down on some swings and tried to calm her beating heart.

"That was close...."

She looked at her surroundings and most everything was covered in a light blanket of snow.  She realized that this was the park where she and Junho first met.

Flashback

She sat there crying her eyes out.  The tears never ending, the tears never stopping.  She just wanted the pain to go away.

He was walking home from soccer practice one day.  He saw her crying on the swingset and ran to see what was wrong.  He never liked when girls cried, it made his heart hurt. Especially a cute one like this girl.

"Why are you crying?"

She looked up to the guy in front of her and stopped crying.  She still sniffled, but that didn't matter.

"My parents are getting a divorce...."

He opened his soccer bag and took out some tissues and held it out for the girl in front of him. He waited for her to take it, which she gladly accepted.

"It's okay... the pain goes away, pain always does. You might feel sad now, but you'll be happier. Don't worry."

"Really...?"

"Mhm. I went through pain just like you. If you ever need someone's shoulder to cry on, you can come to me. Or if you just want to talk or hang out."

"That'd be nice..."

"I'm Junho."

"Sunny."

She and him shared smiles, both of their eyes disappearing.

End of Flashback

Sunny suddenly realized why she was so afraid of taking this relationship with Junho any faster.  She didn't want to end up like her parents did.  Her parents were young teens in love, who quickly ran away and got married.  Eventually, it pretty much ended fast and they divorced with a child.

"No... I'm not going to be like them. Junho and I are different."

She figured that he already left the cafe and just headed straight for his house.  She ran as quickly as her legs could carry and finally ended up at his doorsteps.  Sunny took a deep breath in and knocked on the door.

...

...

There was no answer.  She was about to knock again, when the door swung open, revealing Junho in sweats and wifebeater.

"Sunny?"

"...Can I come in?"

Junho nodded and motioned for her to get inside.  Sunny sat down on the couch and waited for Junho to sit down as well.

"What brings you here?"

"To apologize. I'm sorry that I walked out on you today. I finally know what I want....."

Junho sat and watched Sunny as she talked; her hands were trembling and her voice was shaky.

"I want.... to love you, Junho."

"Sunny..."

"I was scared. I was scared that we'd end up like my parents and break up and never see each other again. I know now that we'd never be like that, right?"

Junho embraced Sunny in a hug and held in her tight in his arms.

"We won't ever end up like them, I promise. I will make sure of that."

"We don't have to take it slow anymore, Junho, I love you."


FINISHED. :D