Baby Steps

Baby Steps

 

 

“Let me go!” Yuri cried as she tried to lose her arm from the tight grip that was stopping her.

 

“No, you’re not going anywhere!” a masculine voice answered her with a low tone, as if he was trying too hard not to hurt her.

 

“ you!” Yuri cried once again. “You don’t have any right to be here, I can call the police if I want! Let me go, we are done!”

 

“No, we are not until I say so!”

 

“If someone listen to us, they will know what kind of man you are, Seungri,” Yuri whispered, trying hard not to broke down and cry.

 

“Oh, really?” the man standing in front of her asked her sarcastically, “and what will they know, then?”

 

“That you’re nothing but a liar, a cheater, you… broke my heart,” as a tear rolled down her cheek, Yuri lost it. Her shoulders started to shake due to her cry.

 

“Baby…” Seungri said, getting closer to her and holding her in his embrace.

 

“I told you to let me go!” she yelled one more time.

 

Seungri took a couple of steps back, startled. “You’re going to regret this, you know? You will be begging me to get back even before you realize it. And I will be waiting,” he smirked, “good night, my love”.

 

Yuri tried to muffle her sobs covering , but she couldn’t stop her shoulders from shaking. It was that afternoon that she discovered that her longest relationship was a failure. She discovered that her loved boyfriend was cheating on her. It wasn’t once, twice, but many times.

 

She felt like an idiot.

 

Silently, she opened the door of the dorm, trying not to wake anyone up, but it was too late.

 

Eight girls were already on the living room, wearing their comfortable pajamas but with worried expressions on their faces.

 

“Unnie,” the youngest among them dared to speak up, “please don’t cry…”

 

Seohyun hurried herself to embrace and comfort her.

 

“ing idiot,” another one said in English.

 

It wasn’t necessary a translator for the other girls to understand. They all felt the same way.

 

“Go back to bed,” the tanned girl told them, but none of them listened.

 

“I’m going to cut his balls off!!” Hyoyeon hissed, getting support from the tallest, “count me in”.

 

“Girls, it’s okay…”

 

“No, it is not!” Taeyeon replied immediately, “We are going to kick him until he can’t even remember how to say boom shakalaka!”

 

Yuri smiled. “Thank you,” she said, taking Taeyeon’s hand in hers, but not letting Seohyun go. “Our schedule tomorrow is no joke, let’s sleep now. We’ll take about it later. Alright?”

 

Even though they doubted it, they agreed and everyone went back to their rooms. Everyone but her.

 

*

 

“How long are you going to stay there?”

 

Yuri tried to wipe her tears as soon as she could.

 

“You don’t have to hide it, Yul. I’m not going to judge you or else,” the same girl took a sit beside her. “Are you feeling better?”

 

Yuri just shook her head.

 

“You shouldn’t cry over him,” Tiffany said, running her hands through Yuri’s hair, “you’re too much for him. You deserve someone better”.

 

“And you think you’re that someone?”

 

Tiffany chuckled, “I know I’m not. No one in this earth is… but I can try”. She took her chin and made Yuri look at her, “you know I would do anything to make you happy.”

 

Yuri sighed and her eyes got watery again, “don’t say that. What’s done it’s done, there’s nothing to do about it.”

 

“Why did you choose him?” Tiffany asked, letting Yuri’s face go and looking to another place. She wasn’t strong enough to look at her while listening that answer.

 

“I-I… I don’t know,” Yuri answered, after thinking about it. “We could have gotten into a lot of trouble if someone found us, we could have been kicked out of the group, even from the media. I don’t know if I’m ready to let it all go…”

 

“But we could have been happy,” Tiffany refused, “do you really care if you have all of that but don’t have love?”

 

Yuri looked to the ground, avoiding Tiffany’s piercing gaze.

 

“I love you, Yuri,” those words flew out of Tiffany’s lips as she had said it millions of times, and she had, “I’d do anything for you, for us. I have always been ready to lose it all if that is what it costs to be with you”.

 

“Now it is me who doesn’t deserve you”.

 

“Shut up,” Tiffany smiled sadly, punching Yuri’s arm playfully.

They stayed in silence.

 

Tiffany traveled her gaze over Yuri’s face once again, like she had done many times before. She meant every word she said.

 

“Why are you doing this?”

 

Tiffany chuckled, “you know why I’m doing this”. She took Yuri’s hands and intertwined their fingers.

 

The younger girl just shook her head.

 

“Silly,” she whispered, “Because I love you, and I know that deep inside you, you love me too”.

 

Yuri’s cheeks turned pink, “how are you so sure about it?”

 

“Because of the way we feel. It may seem crazy when I say it, but I feel complete when I’m with you, like this,” she looked at their hands, “And I know you can feel it too”.

 

“You are silly”.

 

A soft chuckle escaped Tiffany’s lips once more, “I know”. She let go one of Yuri’s hands to caress her cheeks, “you’re blushing”.

 

That comment made Yuri blush even worse, “not true!”

 

Tiffany’s eyes turned into two crescent moons. “Yes, it is”.

 

She stood up and held Yuri in her embrace. The younger girl reciprocated to the hug with the same intensity.

 

“I love you,” Tiffany whispered in her ear, “I really do”.

 

Yuri let her go to look at her eyes.

 

“Maybe I’m not the best person in the world, but I want to try to show you how much I can love you,” she continued, “let me try it”.

 

Yuri leaned in and left a kiss on Tiffany’s cheek, “I don’t know what I deserve,” she said, her lips lingering, “but I know you’re definitely more than that”.

 

Tiffany lost herself on those eyes. Slowly, she leaned in to rest her forehead on Yuri’s, “I want to heal your wounds, Yul. I will protect you heart, I will protect you”.

 

She leaned in, her lips tickling Yuri’s, “I promise,” she whispered, right before closing the gap between them.

 

When they finally got apart and their eyes met, Yuri smiled shyly.

 

“Baby steps,” she said, wrapping her arms around the girl in front of her and bringing her closer.

 

“Baby steps,” Tiffany agreed, as she smiled in satisfaction, enjoying the warmth of her source of happiness.