FIRST NIGHT

LOVE ME LIKE YOU DO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FIRST NIGHT

 

+++

 

“That’s the last box. Ugh, I though we’ll never finish.” Youngjae announced as soon as he stepped into the apartment with a medium sized box on both hand. He put down the package somewhere near the door and threw his tire body hastily on the couch.

“Why on earth do you have so many things? How did all of these fit in your former room?” Himchan panting by the door, tossing a duffel bag on the sofa almost hitting the sprawled Youngjae in the leg.

“That is not mine.” Youngjae said kicking the bag off the couch and into the floor.

“Hey, be careful. There are important stuffs inside.” Daehyun whined emerging from one of the two bedrooms. He picked up the bag and put it on the other single settee before plopping down on the same couch Youngjae was, sitting on his limbs on purpose.

“Ouch. You, dude, it hurts.” Youngjae sat up pulling his legs from the under the other’s weight. “What, are your made of rocks or something?”

“Who gave you the right to feel my ?” Daehyun narrowed his eyes and hitting the other on the buttocks. They laughed and instantaneously followed by an intense pillow fight.

“Ugh. You decided to share an apartment and now you’re acting like married boyfriends. Is there something that I need to know?” Himchan said giving them a quizzical look.

“Ew!” They said in unison. They looked at each other, lips tingling with amusement before they broke into another fits of laughter. Himchan just rolled his eyes on them.

“But really Himchan, even though it is a little tempting with his kittenish look and smooth accent I must remind you I don’t swing that way.” Youngjae said standing up before looking down at Daehyun with a mischievous frown. “Sorry, babe.”

Daehyun scoffed smacking a pillow straight to the boy’s . “Don’t be. You’re not my type. So dream on, babe.”

“Oh c’mon, you love me. You think I’m cute and handsome and smart. And I have the body to die for.” Youngjae stood up, running his hands down his body to emphasize his statement. Daehyun surveyed him up and down and shrugged.  

“Oh god. I can’t watch no more.” Himchan cried throwing his hands in the air as he walked out of the room. 

The two friends fell into another round of laughter. It took a minute or so before it subsided, leaving them both out of breath next to each other. They shoulders were touching; heaving at the same time as their breathing were synchronized unconsciously.

“So,” Youngjae spoke up first, breaking the comforting silence they shared for a while. “You think I’m y,”

Daehyun scoffed tilting his head to the side to give his friend a once over. “Let’s settle with cute. It is more—tolerable.”

Youngjae’s laugh was louder than he intended it to be. It died down faster though. “Fine. Cute, it is. But you can’t deny the love.”

Daehyun pushed him on the side before straightening up on his feet. “Whatever. Come on, we’ve been wasting a lot of time already. We need to at least clear the area from these boxes before sundown.”

 

+++

 

“what are you cooking?” Youngjae peeked from Daehyun’s shoulder taking a look at the pot the boy was continuously stirring on the stove.

“Kimchi soup. This is the only food we have in the fridge.” Daehyun said side-stepping to get the pot’s lid on the dish cabinet. He opened the cupboard and produced the two packs of rice Youngjae had brought along. He placed them on the microwave and set to heat.

“We should go to the grocery, maybe tomorrow?” Youngjae was washing two sets of plates and utensils that he had dug out from the kitchenware box lying beside the counter. They hadn’t finished arranging the whole place. So far, they were able to remove the boxes from the common area maki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter