I Want It All

After Hours

Three years I had been working here, I swear this scene right before my eyes was the last thing I wanted to see. I was standing by the door and my hands were gripping files my boss should be signed and there I was watching my boss and Bora, the front office girl, were each other’s face. Bora was straddling him as my boss ran his hands through her hair. She started to grind her body on his lap and moaned softly.

I could not believe it. Work would be over in an hour and half and here they were, couldn’t even suppress their raging hormones and make -face.   

I faked a loud cough before this live in front of me could continue and I actually saw he put his dong in her seafood.

I loved my job, I really did. Working in an Ad Agency really made my day as colorful as rainbow, meaning there were no dull and boring moments because every day I would discover and do something new. My colleagues were the other reason I loved my job; they were professional and creative but they surely knew how to make working so much fun.  As much as I loved my job, there was still one thing that made me consider my job’s here: yeah, my dearest boss. Please note the sarcasm.

Like I said, every day I would discover about something new. Today I found out my boss making out in his office, right on his Aeron chair. What a great discovery.

Bora immediately jumped off him and stood by his desk while straightening her dress. Her face was as red as Bozo’s hair. As for my boss, the only expression on his face was his smirk. “See you later, Kyuhyun.” Bora said as she dashed to the door, embarrassed.  She should be!

“Did you enjoy the show, Sungmin?” My boss, Cho Kyuhyun, said smugly.

I gagged.

Kyuhyun’s smile widened. “Why, Sungmin. I really like your reaction. It reminds me of old times.” His eyes scanned my body up and down. “I still clearly remember how your body looks like without any clothes.”

Here were things I didn’t like about my boss; first, he was always thinking with his instead of his brain. And second, he was… he was… my ex-boyfriend. No, I didn’t choke saying the last word, it was just a long time ago and I kind of forgot about that already. Really.

I tried to ignore his remarks and put the files on his desk. “I need you to sign these, Sir.”

“That IT guy didn’t give you a nice laid, Sungmin? That’s why you always in bad mood?” He didn’t look at me when he said that because he was signing the files but I could see a glint of mischievousness from the corner of his eye. 

I collected the files when he’d finished. “At least he finished his job, unlike someone who left in the middle of ion and then I found out the said person got arrested the next day for God knows what the cause was.” I said with malice.

Touché.

Gone all his mischievousness and replaced by jaw gritting and hands . His eyes were now so large and dark. There was fury behind them and he didn’t even try to hide it. If it was a cartoon movie, there might be hot steam coming out of his ears and nose. Ha!

It was almost four years ago yet it still stung. He was answering his phone when we were in the midst of doing it. I was lying there, waiting. Then few seconds later, he put his clothes on and got out of my room. I felt used, like a . What hurt most was, he said nothing. Even when I visited him in jail and asked about that night and the reason he got sent to jail, he said nothing. Nada.

Kyuhyun was sentenced to three years in prison. None of our friends knew anything about the reason and Kyuhyun didn’t want to spill the beans to anyone either.

If you’re wondering of how he could get this job with such promising position when he’s basically an ex-convict, well it’s simply because this Ad Agency was his parents’. No, don’t you dare to judge him. He was cocky, yes. But I knew Kyuhyun. He didn’t live off someone else. Few days after he’d been released, he went here and there to find a job. He was struggling to find a decent job because the only options available were like wiping someone’s piss in McDonald’s toilet, carrying someone’s luggage, or any jobs which required his physical strength. He was juggling between two jobs for six months before he took this job. He didn’t want to take this job but he needed to because at that time his mother chose to end her life by slicing her wrist. People also chose him over his sister to take over the Agency because they thought he was ‘saner’ thus he was more ‘compatible’. Besides, the lad himself was bloody genius.

Kyuhyun looked at me in the eye, the fury was still there but it subsided. “What’s my next appointment?”

I sighed. The topic was closed—for him, always. “You have a presentation with Mr. Takuya in ten, Sir.”

He didn’t blink. He kept looking at me; it made me a bit queasy. “Okay. And I need you to work late tonight because I need the new RFP finished before Monday.”

What did he just say? Work late? On Friday of all days? He was cra-ing-zy. If he noticed my annoyance, he didn’t say a thing. Instead he said, “You can go now, Sungmin.”

There, I was dismissed.

 

I got more annoyed when I saw Hyukjae sitting in my cubicle eating my cronuts. My cronuts which I spent my lunch time standing in-line for almost an hour just to get them, my freaking cronuts! I snatched my cronuts box before he could eat the last piece of my dear cronuts. Bless Dominique Ansel for inventing this pastry.

“Sungmin, no! That’s the last piece!” Hyukjae cried.

“That’s why! That’s the last piece!”

“That’s why! I have to finish that monster!”

I hit him with the files in my right hand. “Did you hear yourself? You just called my dear cronut a monster!”

How could a person call cronut a monster? And this person had just finished ‘murdered’ five cronuts.

“Damn you Chris Brown!” He whined, stoking his arm. “I‘m saving you from the mother of monster called obesity. Haven’t you seen yourself in mirror, Sungmin?”

“What? Did you just call me fat? F-A-T fat?”

Hyukjae loved to eat as much as he loved to visit those RTA websites which was equally as breathing for normal people. Yet his body was a resemblance to a broom stick was still beyond me. I liked to eat and everyone could see it by looking at my body, though I didn’t think that I was that fat. Still, it’s rude to say it right in front of my face.

“You bastard! What are you doing here anyway?”

“I was bored, Sungmin. Got nothing to do but now I can harass you.” He flashed his infamous gummy smile.

“Then you better move your off my chair and pick someone else to harass because that in there wanted me to finish the RFP before Monday. I’m so sorry I can’t entertain you.” I said the last sentence with mock sadness.

“But I like harassing you.”

“Come again next week then, Mister.” I folded my arms on my chest and kicked his foot. “Go disturb Bora!”

As if on cue, I saw Bora walking toward my cubicle. “Speak of the devil.” Hyukjae whispered.

“Hyukie, you’re here!” She exclaimed. “I have been seeking you out.”

“And why have you?” He gave her his dirty smirk.

“One of the computers in the front desk stopped working. I know you can fix that.” She suddenly leaned her face close to Hyukjae’s ear and whispered. “And I’ll give you head later.” She winked.

This made me gag. Couldn’t she be blunter about this?

Hyukjae, whose brain wave was same as Kyuhyun’s—parallel to his , immediately jumped to this opportunity. He sprinted to the front desk.

“Weren’t you just faces with Kyuhyun few minutes ago, Bora?” I asked when she started to walk following Hyukjae. She shocked me by walking back to my cubicle and leaning in to whisper in my ear.

“This is between us all right, Sungmin. I think there’s something wrong with him. He didn’t even get hard when I was dry-humping him.” She leaned back and shook her head in distaste. “What a waste. He’s such a hunk.”

I couldn’t help but laughed out loud at Bora. Unlike Hyukjae the manwhore who enjoyed sausage and seafood. Kyuhyun was my ex-boyfriend; of course he only enjoyed sausage.