Chapter Two

You are now aware you're breathing

The kiss happened much without me being ready for it. Although when I think about it, it was more of an attack than a kiss. He came at me so suddenly and was gone just as soon.

Regardless of how short the kiss was, the feeling still lingered on my lips for hours afterwards. Long after we had finished our schedules for the day and returned home.

However, I noticed him watching me throughout the day. Every time I absent-mindedly touched my lips or caught his gaze he would smirk at me and turn away. He no doubt knew I was thinking about his kiss. That glint in his eye made me wonder how long he had known about my feelings. Or if indeed he did know about them.

I spent most of the day blushing, which meant our manager spent most of his day telling me off for looking like a love-struck schoolgirl. He would just wink at me and tell our manager to take it easy on me, promising him I'd be my normal, charismatic self, tomorrow.

Yes, He actually used the word charismatic!

I wanted to ask him what this all meant. I wanted to ask him why he had kissed me and what all those looks meant. I wanted to know what the smile on is face as he leant in was for, and if the sigh he let out against my lips was of contempt of content. I wanted to know if his heart was beating like this too or if he even knew what he does to me. But I didn't know how to ask.

So I didn't.

Days later that same boy with that same smile came up to me. He doesn't say anything for a while he just intertwines our fingers and stands next to me. Much too close.

"You never said anything to me about that kiss" He says finally breaking the silence between us. His tone of voice making him sound amused and somewhat unsurprised.

"I couldn't think of the right question to ask." I reply, feeling stupid and small. I keep my gaze downcast, hiding from the grin I know is on his face and the eyes that are boring holes into my scalp.

"Well," He says smiling "You'll never find out anything if you don't try." His voice is playful, and maybe a little bit hopeful. But that might have been me trying to find something where there is nothing.

I stare at the ground for a long time, thinking about my answer. This feels like a test. He's pretending it isn't one but I could feel the pressure in the air. I can feel the way his fingers clutch to mine ever so slightly more every second I remain silent. As if he's worried that soon he will have to let go, but does not want to.

Despite that, I asked the stupid question anyway.

"Why did you kiss me?" I blurt out, feeling foolish and childish as soon as the words hit the air. But it's too late, so I just stand there, blushing like an idiot.

"What?" He he asks sounding comically surprised.

And before I have time to apologise for being stupid his smile growing even wider and he's talking again.

"You mean you don't know?” He gapes, looking as incredulous as someone can with a eating grin on their face. “I thought the whole world knew by now. I kissed you because that's what boyfriend's do silly."

Even as the words start leaving his mouth I feel my jaw start to drop. There is no way he's saying what I think he's saying right now. I definitely heard him wrong. Or maybe I'm day dreaming.

Perhaps I fell asleep in the van again. Or maybe this is some elaborate secret camera. Because there is no way, absolutely no way that this is happening right now.

I mean, I may forget my car keys sometimes or even forget lyrics sometimes, heck I may even forget to eat dinner sometimes, but one thing I know for certain I would remember 24/7 seven days a week, would be, oh I don't know, that I have a freaking boyfriend!.

"What?" I stutter out, as coherent as ever.

"Well,” He starts, now looking a little bashful, but with the smile still lingering on his features. “I know we haven't really talked about it, but since you're in love with me and I'm in love with you it totally makes sense that we''re boyfriends.” He says swinging our entwined hands, as if to further backup his point before continuing.

“And you see, I was talking to Kibum about it and he pointed out that boyfriends kiss and we hadn't kissed yet, so I kissed you."

He spoke as if it were the most natural thing in the world. As if it was totally normal to just decide you were dating someone and go around kissing them without so much as a word to the other person.

And of course Kibum was involved. This had his meddling little fingerprints all over it. Who else would have told Jinki about my feelings? I certainly didn't talk to anyone else about them.

He was so going to get it later, he triple pinky swore he wouldn't tell a soul for fear of all his hair product being poured down the drain.

But never mind that for now. There were matters to be dealt with. Matters like, Jinki had just confessed to me. Like, he actually used the word L-word.

B-boyfriend?” I whisper. I guess it was meant as a question, but half of me feels like I was just testing the word out, seeing how it fit on my tongue.

Yeah. Boyfriend.” Came Jinki's reply, in that same steady voice that makes me go weak at the knees.

You lo-” I pause, the word love getting stuck in my throat.

You like me?” I ask instead. “Like, you like me, like me?” I still feel childish, but the little bubble of hope rising in my chest is helping me to not care.

Yeah.” He replies. “I Love you.”

My body kind of freezes at the word love. I must have heard that word a million times in my life, but never has it made me feel like this. My stomach is doing all sorts of twisty things, like someone built a theme park in my lower intestines and my heart feels like it could fly out of my chest it's beating so hard.

I love you too.” I finally manage to say back. The words surprisingly light as I say them. They dance off my tongue making me feel skittish, but in a good way. The feeling new and exciting.

Jinki just grins. “I know.” He says chuckling as my cheeks blush. “But I like hearing it. You should say it all the time.”

Somehow I don't feel like arguing.

Instead I just burst out laughing, because who knew that today would be the day I sort of confess to him after what I would call the weirdest confession of all time.

And then the reality of what has just happened starts to sink in and all I can think to do is throw my arms around him and spin around and around and around because I am filled with such giddy joy.

Lee Jinki is my boyfriend! Who'd have freaking thought?!

When I put him back down again I just grin at his pink cheeks and suddenly think of a rather important question.

"So tell me, how long exactly have we been dating?" I ask, a slightly cocky hint to my tone.

Jinki blushes even more at that and I can't help but think he looks pretty.

"Well...." He mumbles. "Officially, it would be since we kissed five days ago....”

"And unofficially?" I ask, slightly enjoying the fact that he is now the shy one.

"I... um..” He stammers. “Somewhere in the region of three years? Maybe?"

He tries to hide his face in my shoulder, making awkward shy noises as I just smile at him feeling stupidly happy.

"Does that mean we've missed our 100 day anniversary?” I ask with his face still buried in my shoulder. “And our 300th day and our 1st, 2nd and 3rd anniversary?! And valentines day? And white day?" I ask in a mock tone of horror.

"Oh no" I groan after the sudden realisation. "I'm just a poor innocent singer I cant afford to buy three years worth of gifts. Spare me this most awful of fate." I pretend to faint dramatically while trying to hold back a giggle.

Jinki just laughs at me while pulling me into a warm hug. "Don't forget all those dates you're going to have to make up for."

"But we're both guys!" I argue. "Surly you pay at least sometimes."

"But Jong, I'm the one who had the balls to confess, the least you can do is buy me cute couple shirts and dinner."

I grin at him. "Okay. Anything for my boyfriend."

Suddenly my phone starts going off and my phone informs me that Kibum is on the line.

"Jongh-

"KIBUM" I cut him off. "I could not care less about what you have too tell me right now becAUSE I HAVE A FREAKING BOYFRIEND! HAH I TOLD YOU I WOULD FIND SOMEONE BEFORE I HIT THIRTY YOU PEICE OF BEST FRIEND."

"That's great Jong, but you're both late and it looks pretty bad when the leader and main vocalist are both absent. So get your hands out of Jinki's pants and come do some work."

"Be more excited for your best friend and your leader." Jinki interrupted. And I nod in agreement even though Kibum can't see us.

"Yay, congrats. I totally didn't see this coming and you both totally didn't whine to me about his perfect hair or his cute voice or blah blah blah” Kibum says in monotone.

“And for the record, now that you two are actually dating I don't have to listen to a single word about either of you from either of you ever again. Are we clear?" Kibum asks sounding stern as ever. We both just laugh, telling him we'll be there soon. Which he must have taken as as good as he was going to get because he hung up right after.

Jinki was just about to turn around and go when I slipped my fingers back between his and pulled him close.

"You know, that kiss we had before wasn't really a proper kiss." I say as I lean in closer so we were practically millimetres apart. "I think we should try again."

With his eyes fluttering closed Jinki murmurs " I agree" as the distance between us disappears.

Our lips brush together in something akin to harmony. First kisses are never the most elegant of things. But still, the places where his body meet mine feel like fire. My mind a mix of should I close my eyes, or open my eyes? Does he like it? Am i doing it right? Gosh this is nice.

There is nothing rushed about the kiss. It is the definition of innocent.

Quite lame for two twenty something's if you think about it. But it feels perfect to me.

Jinki's lips feel just right and his hands in mine feel just right and they way I feel short of breath when we finally pull apart feels just perfect. Our foreheads are pressed together as we smile at one another feeling content.

The moment only ruined when I get a sudden notification on my phone.

"Quit face (or ) and get here now. I'm not kidding." - Kibum.

So we both reluctantly make our way to the practise room. Hand in hand. Dorky smiles on our faces, hearts most definitely on our sleeves

 


 

~A/N~ Welp, there it is. I hope you like it. It's kinda cute right? But whatever. Let me know what you think and as ever if you see any mistakes please yell at me and stuff. <3 Thank you for reading <3