♒ 2 ♒

The Illegitimate Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]♒ Poor Unfortunate Souls ♒[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Lee Joon put the last of his most precious belongings in his back pack. Hoisting the bag over his shoulder, he glared at the room around him. His apartment he’d been living in since moving to this country. It never really felt like home, but at least he could call it his. Or so he thought.

As the time went by, and he made himself semi-comfortable in the home, he had forgotten that he was only renting it, and from Chef no doubt. Now that he was fired, and without a backup job to cover his rent, he had been kicked out of here as well.

It’d be uncomfortable if he stayed though, so this was for the better.

Lee Joon descended the stairs and entered the main dining area of the bakery. Everyone but the Sous Chef had gone home for the day. The only reason she as still here was to do the day’s numbers, and to make sure Lee Joon left before she locked up.

As the male entered the room, she glanced up to look at him. She did not take her eyes off him or give him a moment to take in the only place he’d known for the past five years. She didn’t care. All she wanted was for him to leave so she could quickly finish in peace and then get home to her new husband. They’d only been wed a month and half ago and were still in their honeymoon phase.

Lee Joon sighed to himself and went straight for the door. “Make sure to shut the door tightly,” the Sous Chef called out without feeling. Swallowing a lump, Lee Joon put his hand on the door and uttered a noise of understanding. Without a second thought he exited the building and pushed the door back into place, making sure he heard the tale-tell sound of the lock clicking back into place.

Now standing under the maroon and brown awning of the pub, he looked up to the black metal sign of a croissant overlapping a beer mug. Every shop and store and restaurant in the land held a similar metal hanging that made it obvious what was offered in side. It made it easy for people that couldn't read and foreigners to find their way around. 

Lee Joon glared at it for a moment, his signature smile lost, before reaching into his pocket. He dug out his wallet, apprehensively checking out its contents. After flipping through the bills, and jangling the coins, Lee Joon let his body relax, He had enough money to last him another month in a half. Still, that wasn't very long. The Kingdom was small, but the people were plenty, and there wasn't much available work. He saw it everyday by the beggars in the streets, and those brave enough to enter the pub. 

Folding up his wallet, and placing it back in his pocket, Lee Joon chewed on his lip. He was at a fork in the road; he could stay and hope to find another occupation and a place to stay or he could do what he did the last time this happened and leave. It wouldn't be so hard to find another town to move to, but it would be a long journey. There wasn't another substantial town for a thousand miles, and there were no trains that ran through the Kingdom. 

So what now? What should he do?

 

Ulla hid behind a pile of jagged rocks, her eyes set on the sparkling palace of Atlantica. It gleamed in the calmly churning waters, its pearl like appearance ensnaring her and inviting her in. In a daze, she swam forward; her chiffon like tail swishing excitedly when she had snuck past the guards and entered the main foyer of the palace.

From afar she could hear the whispered calls of Glut, but she only turned long enough to shush and wave him away. Being careful to make sure he swam back to hide his massive form, Ulla, now satisfied, went in search of her father.

She found King Triton not too long after in an open corridor with a brunette dawning a pointy crown similar to his own, but slightly smaller, and a coral orange tail that curved regally under her. Ulla hid behind a pillar as she eavesdropped on their conversation.

“Father,” the girl said, “I was wondering when we were going to start looking for musicians for the ball. It’s in a few days and all we have are a few string players that still haven’t gotten the opening song down, and with Sebastian on the surface I don’t know how in the seven seas we’re going to get find other musicians and have them learn the notes in time!” The girl, with her small shoulders squared, and chin straight had a panic in her eyes and a squeak to her voice. Whatever ball they were planning was obviously putting a stress on her.

“My dear Attina,” Triton replied distractedly, “don’t worry so much. You’ve not even in charge of the planning, Alana and Andrina are. As for music, just get Arista to set that up.” He turned to swim away, causing Ulla to gasp and push herself further behind the pillar so she wouldn’t be seen. When she peaked back around, she saw that the Attina girl had moved to block the King’s path. Ulla scrunched

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter