♒13 ♒

The Illegitimate Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]♒ Missing Melody ♒[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

More than an hour had passed since all celebration stopped and the entire royal guard had invaded the castle and conjoining city. The castle itself felt grey with confusion and worry. All its inhabitants milled about either with purpose or with melancholic demeanors. The most morose of the castle were the two, now childless, new parents.

Ariel sat hunched over and bawling as Eric, red eyed, held her tightly. They’d been like that since the head of the guard advised to wait for more info rather than running around a panic. It made sense to let him and his men handle such an incident, but it took both Ulla and Grimsby to convince the duo.

What didn’t make sense was how a new born could be kidnapped from her own nursery in a guarded castle on hill where all eyes were faced. Ulla couldn’t wrap her mind around it.

The blonde glanced at her broken looking sister. Her heart ached all over again as if she just found out the child was missing. Her own eyes were puffy with overuse, her face red with feeling, and drawn down with displeasure; Ariel looked even worse.

To make the matter more difficult, the red head was still recovering from just having given birth; she shouldn’t have to deal with this.

Ulla wanted to comfort her, but she knew no one could understand her heart break the way Eric could. So instead she sat back, holding a trembling cup of tea, and watched the couple weep.

It was too much though. She was not used to or prepared for a situation like this. Gently excusing herself, Ulla escaped to her room and slammed the door harshly behind her.

Within seconds she tore at anything and everything she could get her hands on. Perfume shattered, drapes were torn from their tracks, a vase was thrown to the floor, and feathers were thrown in the air. Then, within a snap, Ulla’s momentary loss of mind ended, and she slumped to the floor, feathers slowly following her lead.

Chest burning and breath short, Ulla let her tears flow for the nth time. She couldn’t help but wince as under eyes ached with anger. She could not stop though; her worry overwhelming her.

Her gaze swept the disaster of a room, and she winced for a different reason. She should really clean up; she wouldn’t want the maid staff to have to work harder because of her selfishness.

Ulla struggled to get up, but once she managed, she started with the drapes and avoided looking at the many feathers that stuck to everything; it was an impossible task.

As she cleaned, her eyes caught on certain package that made her anger rise.

Gently throwing the small shards of glass into a bin, she approached the package and immediately unwrapped it. She of course recognized the black pearl bracelet her mother had given her as a birthday gift along with the matching earrings supposedly from Jetsom and Floatsom. She immediately put on the earrings, but her anger made her hesitate with the bracelet. Still, no matter h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter