''Let's start your first quest!''

Magical Fairy Tail

The morning sun came through the windows. Birds were chirping their morning song. Some people were still sleeping but the rest were making themselves ready for another day.

 

Taemin slowly woke up. He tried opening his eyes but got blinded by the sunlight. He closed his eyes and turned to his right, where was the only place of shadow. He felt something. A warm breath. He was facing someone. But who? He opened his eyes. It was Minho. He was still sleeping tight. He looks peacefully when he sleeps. His hair was messed up and some bangs hung before his closed eyes. He the bangs aside and smiled. His heart was beating fast.

'Why did I do that?' Taemin thought. How did he even ended up laying next to Minho? He turned around. Key was laying next to him. However, Jonghyun was laying with one half of his body under the mattress and Chin Soo was laying at the feet end with 3 blankets. Even Key's cooking gear was spread in the room. And then he remembered how they all end up like this.

 

When they arrived at this place, they asked the housekeeper for a room. She didn't had that, but she could lent 2 mattresses and blankets. The mattresses were placed in the living room on the second floor. They shove everything on the side so that there would be enough place. But then came Jonghyun and Chin Soo, who were still drunk, with the idea to place their mattresses in the living room to. So everyone went sleeping in the living room. Minho was the first one to sleep. He said he had to wake up early tomorrow. He didn't said why and took place on the mattress laying at the wall. Taemin and Key were trying to talk but got interrupted many times by Jonghyun and Chin Soo. They tried to poke them and turned the light on and off. They even hit each other with the pillows. Key had been trowing some of his cooking gear at them to shut them up, because they were annoying when they were drunk. In the end, Taemin decided to lay somewhere and lied down next to Minho without knowing. And at some point of time, the others went to sleep as well.

 

And now it's morning. Taemin didn't felt like trying to sleep again and went to the bathroom. When he washed his face he heard something from the living room. He heard someone mumbling. Saying something about it's already 6:30. Then it went silence. Taemin thought it was just his imagination and went on with washing his face. He grabbed the towel next to him and dried his face. Then he looked into the mirror. He was startled and dropped the towel. Behind him was standing Minho. He didn't even hear him coming and now he was standing behind him with a sleepy look. Taemin picked up the towel and turned to him. Minho his hand trough his hair and yawned.

 

''Good morning.'' Taemin said. He looked at the sleepy Minho. He putted a sleepy smile on and replied a good morning too. Taemin realized that Minho had a bandage around his neck. Yesterday he wore a scarf so he didn't noticed.

 

''Are you hurt?'' Taemin asked and looked at the bandage. Minho patched it.

 

''This was from a mission. A while ago. I think I can remove it tomorrow, so don't worry about it.'' Minho gave Taemin a little pat on the shoulder.

 

''Can I use the bathroom? I have to leave soon.'' Minho asked Taemin. He nodded and before leaving the bathroom he turned around.

 

''Why do you have to leave so early anyways?'' Taemin asked. Minho never mentioned and was quite curious about it.

 

''If got some old friends of mine coming to the town today. They wanted to spent a full day so they wanted to come early as possible. I won't be coming with you all today, but I'm sure you will have fun with the rest. Maybe you should try a quest with the four of you. Then you can see everyone’s magic. It's always nice to see it.'' Minho smiled and washed his face. Taemin nodded and wanted to walk back.

 

''Oh Taemin.'' Minho said fast. Taemin turned back to Minho.

 

''If you want something to eat or drink, feel free to use the fridge.'' Minho said, whipping his face with another towel. He turned his face to Taemin.

 

''Okay. Thank you.'' Taemin said. He couldn't look away from the messed up hair Minho had. He smiled and walked to the kitchen.

The second floor had a living room, a bathroom, a kitchen, a bedroom and a small room where they had stuff that wasn't needed but couldn't get thrown away, because some items had memories they didn't want to forget.

 

Taemin opened the fridge. It wasn't full but at least you could live 3 days with it. He wanted something to drink and his eyes fell on a drink. It was banana milk. He loved it and without a doubt he took it from the fridge. He sat down on the mattress next to Key and drank it happily. After a while, Minho returned from the bathroom and went to the fridge. After that he returned to the living room. He wore his usual clothes.

 

''Really, what happened when I was asleep?'' Minho looked at the cooking gear of Key that was spread out on the floor on different places. He also looked at Jonghyun and Chin Soo.

 

''Well, they still had a lot of energy.'' Taemin said smiling. Minho shook his head and laughed.

 

''They really don't know when to stop.'' They both stared at each other. Taemin nodded and Minho went to the door. He putted on his shoes and opened the door and looked back at Taemin.

 

''Then I'm going. See you later.'' He waved and left. Taemin decided to look around the room. Maybe he should pick up the cooking gear from Key. But first getting himself dressed. He threw the package of the banana milk away and went with his clothes to the bathroom. He wore his favorite outfit, but this time without the cape.

 

When he left the bathroom he saw that Jonghyun was awake. He tried to push the mattress away, but it was to heavy for him. He looked at Taemin.

 

''What are you grinning about?! Can you at least help me, please!?'' Taemin kept on smiling and pushed the mattress off Jonghyun. He stands up and faced Taemin.

 

''Thanks. This always happens when I had some drinks. My strength becomes weaker than it is.'' Jonghyun looked at the place where he had been sleeping and was puzzled.

 

''How did I even got underneath that mattress?'' Taemin shrugged his shoulders. Jonghyun did the same.

 

''Ah well, it's already 7:08. If everyone is on time, we can leave around 9 o'clock. I guess you two want to have your first quest today. At the Guild is a pin-up board for the quests, remember.'' Jonghyun walked to the other side of the room, avoiding the cooking gear on the ground. He scratched his back and walked to the kitchen. Taemin went picking up the cooking gear from the ground and placed it back in the bag of Key. When he was done he sat down on a mattress. Key yawned and stretched his arm.

 

''Good morning. Have you slept well?'' Key sat up and stretched his arms again.

 

''You guys are to noisy!'' Key removed the blanket and stood up. He looked at the clock and then at Taemin.

 

''But how about you? How long have you been up. You're already dressed up.'' Taemin scratched his head.

 

''I was awake around 6:30. I couldn't sleep anymore so I dressed up.'' Taemin said.

 

''So have you seen Minho leaving around that time?'' Jonghyun stood in the doorway from the living room. Taemin nodded and tried saying he even was awake before Minho but he got interrupted by Key.

 

''You really were annoying last night! If this happens again then I won't go easy on you.'' Key walked at him and searched in his pocket. Then he looked on the ground, looking for his cooking gear.

 

''Relax Key, I really don't know what I did last night, but if it made you angry. I'm really sorry.'' He apologized. Key frowned a brow and slapped him on the shoulder. Then he picked his clothes from his bag and walked to the bathroom. Jonghyun rubbed his shoulder and looked concerned. Was it really such a big deal what happened last night? That's what he thought.

 

''Don't worry. His mood will return as soon we leave.'' Taemin assured him because he experienced Key like this many times. ''If you say so.'' Jonghyun grabbed a pillow from the cough and walked to the still sleeping Chin Soo. He was all wrapped up in the 3 blankets he had and it looks like he had been drooling because his left side of his chin was wet. Jonghyun lifted the pillow above his head. Taemin realized he was going to wake him up like that.

 

''Wait!'' He stopped Jonghyun's arm from moving. He looked surprised at Taemin. He let go of his arm and ran to the cough and grabbed a pillow too. ''Let me help you.'' Taemin walked back with an evil grin on his face. Jonghyun also grinned.

 

''Let's count to three. 1...2.'' Before Jonghyun could say three, they both began to slap Chin Soo with the pillows. He woke up but the guys didn't stop because they found it very funny. Now Chin Soo had to wiggle out of his blankets which were tight around him. After some struggling he came free. They laughed when he stood up. They really didn't knew when to stop. So Chin Soo grabbed the pillow from Jonghyun and started slapping them back. They looked ridiculous with all the laughing and giggling. They looked like some 7 year old boys, who didn't knew the word 'serious'.

Key was done and came into the room. He sighed. ''Aren't you done yet? Hurry up, we don't have all day.'' The boys realized it was late and listened to what Key said. After a while they were done and went to the Guild. When they arrived they went to the pin-up board immediately. The board was filled with a lot of requests. Some were close by and the others were on places they never heard of. Looking for a suitable quest wasn't always easy. It didn't matter if it was an easy quest or one with a challenge, as long they didn't had to travel far. Key and Taemin also wanted to know a bit more about the town so it was the best if they returned earlier.

 

''That's the single drop! I can't take it anymore!'' An angry voice was heard at the door of the Guild. ''Please calm down, gramps. Think about your back.'' A worried voice said. A man and a boy walked inside the Guild. ''The only thing I can think about now is how I can kick that guy his ! The guards are really useless again!'' The man's face turned red from anger and kept on nagging. The boy tried to calm him. Victoria walked towards them and also tried to calm him.

 

''Hello. Is there something going on?'' Victoria asked. The man crossed his arms. His face was still red from anger. ''That guy came back again. And he is more annoying than ever!'' Victoria didn't knew who he talked about but still nodded.

''That's not so good. But what kind trouble did he make to make you angry?'' The man took a deep breath.

''That guy made my costumers go away. Not only by me but also at other people. He's too fast and the guards are useless. Last time, some Mages could take him down, gave him what he deserved and then he left. Everyone thought it was forever, but now he's back and he.. he..'' The man couldn't get out of his words anymore. He was frustrated. The boy saw that Victoria was still puzzling about who the man was talking about.

''Mr. Vexing is back and still causes trouble. Last time, Mages of your Guild could shut him up. So we thought we could ask your help again.'' The boy explained it shortly and Victoria understood.

 

''Well, then you're at the right place. I will see if I can find some available Mages.'' She turned around and she almost stumbled. The guys were standing behind her and had been listening at the conversation for a while. ''That was fast.'' She said and turned back at the man.

 

''Do we get a reward if we succeed?'' Jonghyun pocked Chin Soo in the stomach with his elbow.

''He meant where we could find Mr. Vexing, cause we would love to help you.'' It is always rude if you talk about the rewards first. That's not the reason to do quests. It's to help people who need help.

 

''I think he is at the North of the town right now. He was probable at the East side of town first, cause I heard a lot of people talking about him there. And he still looks the same as before, wearing a mask and a tuxedo with a cape. '' The boy informed them. They thanked each other and the man and boy left. Not later the boys were walking to the North side of town.

 

''Let's start your first quest!'' Chin Soo said excited, like a little boy going to a school trip. They nodded.

 

''Yeah, but how are we going to find this guy?'' Key asked. They thought and Chin Soo came with an idea.

 

''It's time that I show my magic.'' He sat down on his knees and putted his hands on the ground. He whispered: ''Dragon of Earth, lead me to the person who calls himself Mr. Vexing.'' It became quite. The ground around him started trembling and roots came out of the earth. The roots grabbed his hands. Slowly, a green light shined. The roots let go of the earth when Chin Soo stood up and formed some sort of accessory, wrapped around his fingers to his wrist. His light-brown eyes turned into bright green ones with a glow in it.

 

''I found him. He is at the Northern park. Let's go!'' They went to the Northern park as fast as they could. While running to their destination, they witnessed some people who probable just got pestered by Mr. Vexing.

 

After a while, they finally entered the Northern park. And just like Chin Soo said, there was the guy they were looking for. He looked the same like the boy described him. He was tall and the colors of his clothes were black and dark blue. He was standing in front of a woman with her daughter.

 

''Hello, lovely weather isn't it? And such a cute daughter you have ma'am.'' The guy kneels in front of the child. His voice was weird and unpleasant to hear.

''You have a beautiful ribbon in your hair. Look, I have one to.'' He pointed at his bow tie and then squished in it. There came water from it and it sprayed right in the girls face. She started crying and threw her lollipop to his face. He caught it and stood up.

''Why thank you. I love lollipops! I love them even more when I crush them!'' He dropped it and than stamped on it with his feet. Then he got a slap in the face.

 

''How dare you to do such things. Get away, you creep.'' The mother of the child pushed him away and he almost stumbled. She picked up her daughter and walked away. The guy rubbed at his cheek.

 

''Well, that isn't nice of you at all ma'am. Let me teach you something then.'' He reached out his hand to the woman. She was at a distance far away, but it looked like that the guy was planning it to happen like that. He got interrupted by the Mages who blocked his way between him and the woman. The guy laughed.

 

''It's sure very lively here. I like it. So many people in one town is pure entertainment.'' He laughed harder and then coughed.

 

''Mr. Vexing, it's time that you stop this nonsense at once.'' Key shouted at him. Mr. Vexing leaned towards him to have a better look at him and then laughed again.

 

''Kekeke. What nonsense? I told you it's entertainment.'' He walked around. It looked like he was making his own dance, but it looked kind of sloppy.

 

''Leave or we'll make you leave.'' Jonghyun gave him a glare. They all looked at the guy very seriously. This guy is just insane, he starts laughing again like he can never stop.

 

''Oh, I'm so scared! I'm peeing in my pants right now.. Not! Ahahaha. Hoho, you really look angry. Relax! Chill! How about you all freeze.'' His weird attitude made him look like a madman. But there was something weird about what he just said. They all couldn't move anymore. They really froze and couldn't move an inch.

 

''What did you do?!'' Taemin and the rest tried as hard as possible to move.

 

''Nothing.. Okay maybe something that has to do with my magic. My words, you will always listen to my command. It is an illusion but also reality. Very funny, right?'' He made a turn and danced again.

 

''Don't be a coward and fight like you mean it!'' Chin Soo tries to use his magic but failed. Mr. Vexing stopped dancing and walked towards him.

 

''Do you think I'm not serious? We will see what you think of me when I say that your magic won't work anymore for this day.'' And just like he said, the roots of Chin Soo crumbled and his eyes returned to normal.

 

''How about we have some more fun? Let's play hide and seek.''