Story About Love

I Love Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is not a love story. This is a story about love.”

− (500) Days Of Summer –

 

***

 

Seoul, 1999.

Jongin is scared and shock. His mouth is lock and just stand still. He can’t say anything while looking at Soojung’s drawing paper which is wreck and wet. Soojung shock as she open . Her eyes glisten and then she cries so hard which is startle the whole class. Mrs. Park approach her and say, “What’s happening, Soojung-ie? Why are you crying?” Mrs. Park hug and patted her back, trying to calm her down.

“Jongin.. Jongin.. Jongin.. He ruin my precious drawing.” She answer while sobbing and still crying in Mrs. Park’s arms. Mrs. Park release her arms from Soojung and wipe the tears in her face. “It’s okay, Soojung-ie. You can draw it again.”

She shook her head. “No, I don’t want. That’s my precious drawing which I made it special just for Sooyeon Unnie, and he destroy it.”

“Okay, I understand, honey.” Say Mrs. Park with loving tone. “Jongin, you should apologize to her.” While looking at him, Mrs. Park said, “Come one, give me your hand, and sincerely apologize to her.”

Jongin remain in silent.

“I know you didn’t intend to do that.. Come on, give me your hand. I don’t want to see my lovely kids have a bad relationship as a friend.” She persuasion him.

He slowly give his hand to Soojung as Mrs. Park said to him. Soojung still sobbing while covering her face with hands. Mrs. Park patted her arm and said, “Come on, Soojung, give me your hands too.”

They shake hands. “I.. I.. I’m sorry, Soojung-ah.” He said. Soojung answer him with a nod.

“Because you want to give it to Sooyeon Unnie, you should draw it better than before.” Said Mrs. Park to Soojung.

“Jongin, you should be careful to not destroying it again.” She added.

“Okay, now, Jongin should help Soojung to draw. And remember, you two must helping at each other to finish it.” Mrs. Park who had managed to calm them both back to work while oversee the other kids.

“I want to give it to Sooyeon Unnie tomorrow as her birthday present. So now, you should help me to finish it.” She say with an order tone. Jongin nod in agreement. “And you should promise to me that you won’t ruin it again!” She warn him once more and Jongin just nod without saying anything.

 

− the next day −

 

Jongin approach Soojung who is sitting alone in her seat while put her head on the table. He slowly patted her back and said, “Soojung-ah..” with soft tone.

She awake to see who’s the kid that bothering her and he’s Jongin. “What do you want?” she grumbled.

Jongin didn’t say anything. His hand slowly move, try to give her his favorite choco cookies. “This is for you.”

“What is this?” she ask.

“My facorite choco cookies. I give it to you as my apology.” He open the plastic wrap and give the cookie to her. “You will like it.” And smiling to her.

Soojung let his hand hang up in the air, leaving him alone in the classroom, and go to playroom right away. Jongin keep in silent because he shock with her response. He understand why Soojung still mad at him because of what happened yesterday. Soojung really loves Sooyeon Unnie. The drawing that she have been made for several days become broken because of his carelessness. But he don’t give up and still trying to reconcile with her.

After school, Jongin plan to invite her to going home together. “Soojung-ah!” he calls while running towards her. “I know we live in a same area. Let’s go home together.” He said in front of her.

Soojung didn’t answer. She ignore him and walk away. He followed after her. He still have some choco cookies in his bag and trying to give it to her again. “Here. This is for you.”

Soojung still didn’t answer. I’m hungry.. Should I eat it? She said to herself. Suddenly, Jongin hear a voice from her stomach. He giggles. Soojung feel embarrassed.

“Come on, eat it. I know you’re hungry.” He offer it again. And finally Soojung receive the cookie and eat it.

“Thanks.” they said in a same time.

Jongin said thanks because he feel relieve. Because Soojung accepted his apology. And Soojung said thanks because Jongin has tried so hard to apologize and gave her his favorite cookies.

“Promise me you won’t be mad at me again.” He said. She nod. Both of them make a pinkie promise.

Since then, they always together.

 

***

 

“After that day

We always stuck together like a twin star

You were me and I was you”

− Goodbye Summer –

 

***

 

Seoul, 2012.

Today is the day. Both of them will perform at the school events. Soojung will sing and Jongin will dance. They prepare themselves before going up to the stage. Soojung look so nervous. She looks around, her eyes look so busy.

Meanwhile, Jongin warm up his body and he smile while looking at her. After that, he walks towards her who is standing in the corner.

“Don’t be nervous, Soojung.” He embrace her with his left hand and caress her arm.

“Uh.. Thanks, Jongin-ah. What should I do to relieve my nervousness?” She ask him. They look at each other for about five second and suddenly someone say, “Soojung-ah! Come on. It’s your turn.”

Chanyeol break the silence between them.

“Oh! Okay!” she replies him while make an ‘O’ sign with her thumb and index finger. “Jongin-ah, I have to get ready, now.”

He replies her with nod. “Don’t be nervous, Soojung. I know you can do it.”

Before she’s going up to the stage, he say “Fighting!” while smile and fist his right hand in the air. She replies him with a big smile. “I promise I will do it well.” She says while putting up her little finger.

Soojung is on the stage now. She is sitting in a chair in the middle of the stage. The lights and all eyes are on her. She pick up the guitar. And start open .

“Hello, everyone, I’m Jung Soo Jung. And today, I will sing one of my favorite song to all of you.” She cleared once. “Love Story by Taylor Swift.” Everyone clap their hands.

We were both young when I first saw you.

I close my eyes and the flashback starts.

Everyone listen to her carefully. Enjoying every tone that came out from .

And Jongin.. His heart beating so fast and suddenly old memories come to his mind. He remember when she sang just for him for the first time. He still feel the same feeling like the first time he heard her sing. Nothing’s changed at all. All he can see is just her side profile because he look at her from the edge of the stage. He smile without realizing it. Still listening her voice and admiring at God’s creation. Jung Soo Jung.

She ended her performance perfectly. She successfully makes everyone that heard her sing feel amazed. Everyone claps for Soojung, including Jongin, the man who can’t take his eyes from her. “Good job, Soojung-ah! You’re amazing!” he said to Soojung with two thumbs up and claps for her again.

She just answer him by showing up her brightest smile. She breathe freely. “Now, it’s your turn.” She said to him. “Come on, make them feel amazed too.” She smile and patted her arms. “I will watching you in here.” Soojung stand in the same place when he watched her performance.

Now, it’s my turn. He said to himself.

Music with a slow tempo is playing. He enter the stage with passionate movement. Soojung got hypnotized by him. She can feel her heart beating so fast. All the lights are shining just for him. He followed by those lights which make him brighter. He dance with his soul. She feels something strange inside her heart. For the first time she got mesmerized by him. Oh my god.

The song stop playing. He turns his body once more and ended his performance. All audience claps for him because of his excellent body movement. Especially girls, they screaming calling out his name.

After his performance ended, he walks approaching Soojung right away. At the backstage, he received lots of compliment.

“Jongin sunbae, you’re awesome.” A lot of female junior are crazy about him.

“Wow. As expected. Our Kim Jong In.” Chanyeol said while clapping his hands.

He doesn’t know what to say. He just giving them his brightest smile and said thank you.

And now, it’s time for Soojung to compliment him. “Jongin-ah, you’re amazing! I don’t know what to say. You just.. Wow!” she compliment him with exciting tone.

Suddenly, Jongin hugs Soojung really tight and say, “You too, Soojung-ah.”

Soojung startled with his sudden movement. This is not the first time he hug her tight. But this time is different. She feel it again. Something strange inside her heart. She can feel the same feeling like when she saw his performance. After

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter