Blind Date

Every little piece of me.

Her sore feet and tired body scream comfort as soon as she reaches her couch.

She made a decision while going home to call her mom first thing in the morning to stop making blind date arrangement for her. She just turned 27 a month ago, and as soon as the clock hit her birthday, her dear mom ask her about her marriage plans, or if she’s seeing anybody. She now realized that sometimes being too honest could be disastrous, she will just endure her mom’s whining and  treat her to whatever she want than waste her time.

 

She doesn’t notice that she dozed off until someone is waking her up. She will probably be alarmed if she wasn’t too familiar with his chuckle and the scent she loves so much.

 

“So-Eun ah, wake up and eat something first before you doze off again” He said before pinching her cheeks.

“Oppaaa… Stop, I’m tired.” She whine before opening her eyes and be greeted by his infamous grin. He is sitting comfortably on her small coffee table which up until now confused her.

“You have to eat! Your stomach grumbles when I went here, and its meat so you shouldn’t waste it” Before she can even protest, a piece of meat is already met her lips.

"I wonder how come you manage to go out and still be hungry" He said again before getting another piece of meat to feed to her.

"Oppa, I can feed myself and if you will be in my position, you wouldn't want to eat either" She said while munching the remaining meat.

"The guy I met is a major jerk." Her voiced is laced with irritation.

"Imagine, before I can even order, he said that we should pay for our own dinner, I don’t really expect him to shoulder everything, I planned to foot half of the bill, but that cheapskate open his rude mouth  before we can start eating . And that is only the first." Her voiced reached a pitch higher expressing all ill feeling she had earlier that evening. She wouldn’t be surprise if her face turns crimson now, that man is really a shame to his specie.

"I wonder if he can spurt any word that doesn't include the pronoun I or me. He speaks as if he is the greatest thing that ever land on earth. He is not tall, or even half as good looking as you! He didn't even know how to be a gentleman, he escorted me to my car, but that egotistical prick tried to kiss me, too bad for him I know how to defend--" She stops her muttering she heard him laughing and holding his stomach.

"What's so funny?" Her eyebrows knit together due to confusion. Before she can punch him, she felt his arms enveloping her, she can feel his breath on her neck and the shaking of his shoulder from laughing at something she can't understand.

"Nothing’s funny So Eun-ah. You're just too cute describing how awful your night is" He whisper in her ears, that she only remember to be too sensitive whenever she’s around him.

"And I can't help but feel happy that you found me good looking"

She's pretty sure now that her face is similar to a cherry now, if it wasn't already from the time he hug her. She can't believe said those things, she is now trying to recall if she said something that shouldn't be said aloud in her dialogue. 'Brain, please tell mouth to stop being stupid'

She is still consumed by her inner monologue when she felt him kissing her temple before kissing her forehead.

"Let's finished this meat, then change your clothes so you can really take a rest on your bed. Tomorrow morning I will call Auntie to stop sending you to these Blind Dates because this good looking man wanted to date you instead. Okay?" He said slowly while looking into her eyes, as if he is afraid that she won't understand what he is trying to imply.

She blinks a few times trying to calm her heartbeat, before she nods her head when she realized it will be futile. Her face still red and she's pretty sure will remain crimson until he leave her apartment. She is speechless for what had happened, but definitely not against it and made a mental note to call her mom in the afternoon, if she wouldn't beat her to it.