Surprise

Bad Luck?

Dara's POV

YG Building

30th July, 2013



I cannot be seeing things clearly. This must be some sort of nightmare and I'll be opening my eyes any minute now and retreating to the real world. Yeah, that's it. I just need to calm down and convince myself that I'm still sleeping so I'll wake up.

 

Blink.

 

Blink. Blink. Blink.

 

, nothing's happening. That can only mean that it's real. My eyes widen to the size of the London Eye as I stare at the two very familiar figures before me; though they seem to be more familiar with each other at the moment. 

 

My leader is with Big Bang's rapper on the couch of our recording studio. Oh, how I wish that was all I had to report, but no. Chaerin is straddling Seunghyun's lap like it's the most common thing as she grinds her hips into his. They're in a heavy makeout session that has even an innocent one like me squirming. 

 

One of his hands thread through her shoulder-length, blonde hair while the other is resting comfortably on her . Now that I think about, I do remember Seunghyun mentioning how the YG cafeteria food settles in the right place, but I didn't think he meant that! Who'd have thought cold guy TOP could even say such things aloud. Chaerin-ah must really be treating him nicely for him to be so open. 

 

I should just leave right now and pretend like this never happened, but as one of 2NE1's eldest, I need to make sure that he's treating my member right. Yeah, yeah, that's all I'm doing. I'm looking out for Chaerin. I'm not-

 

"Oh, oppa!" she moans, cutting my thoughts, and suddenly he positions them so that she's lying on the couch with him on top. He hikes her already short skirt up to reveal her lace underwear before his hand moves to go between her legs. 

 

"Shh, baby," he silences her with another long kiss, voice husky. "We can't have everyone know that I'm about to you senseless in here."

 

What. The. Hell. 

 

I quietly close the door behind me practically run down the hallway until I'm at the elevator. I press the button like my life depends on it and wait agonizingly for the elevator to reach my floor. I rub at my eyes; a final chance to convince myself that it's all imaginary, but no such luck. 

 

Damn, I wonder how many other people in YG just completely ignored the in-company dating ban and are going at it in recording studios. Hopefully not much because I have to sit on those very couches. Ew, to think that I've been eating and even sleeping where CL and TOP had makes me gag. Couldn't they take that to his villa? Surely he didn't spend that three million on nothing.

 

Bing! 

 

When my metal escape arrives, I jump in and I'm met with Daesung's curious eyes. I force myself to look normal, but the little is always nosy. I press the underground floor quickly.

 

"Oh, noona," he greets, not even bowing. We've gotten too comfortable with each other for that anyway. Besides, if we bow so much we're sure to be permanently hunched within the next few years as if we're from Notre Dame. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

 

"Something much worse," I mumble under my breath before smiling at him; time to put those acting lessons to work. "Oh, no! What are you even taking about, Daesung? I just went to the gym, that's why I'm sweating so much."

 

He arches an eyebrow at me, dubious, "You went to the gym in a dress?"

 

"Yes," I lie, mentally cursing myself for not thinking things through thoroughly. "I saw somewhere on the internet that it helps you get in shape faster, as weird as that sounds. But I think it works."

 

"I thought you didn't know how to use the internet..."

 

"No, that's Chaerin-ah," I correct, wishing the we'd get to the underground parking lot faster so I can get the hell out of here. I really don't need to be going though any sort of inquisition right now. 

 

The kid's eyes practically light up like he knows something I don't, "Oh? How's my little Chaerin? I haven't seen her in some time."

 

"She's..." I search my brain for the right word that won't have him asking more questions. "...satisfied. She's busy in the studio, working on our new album and other stuff."

 

"I asked her to feature me on the album, but she refuses," he pouts, looking more like an ajumma than he already does. "I think she's secretly letting Seunghyun-hyung rap on it, though. He's been staying back late at nights to help her on the album for about two months."

 

My mouth goes dry as it drops open. "T-two months?" That means I've slept where they've had about ten times. I can feel the blood leaving my head at his words. 

 

"Yeah," he nods, oblivious as always. The elevator comes to a halt on the fifth floor. "Anyway, this is my stop. See you soon, noona!" 

 

I wave the doom-bearer off as the doors shut close. I rub at my temples, willing myself not to get a headache. I'm probably just overthinking things again. Wow, come to think of it, the place where I'm rubbing feels really firm. In fact, my whole face has felt a bit tighter the past month and I've actually started to look a bit more youthful. 

 

Realization hits me as I recall reading about how can tighten pores because of the protein it contains. It also leaves the skin with a glow. Chaerin and Seunghyun had on the couch, then I laid there so does that mean...I let out a scream as I think about my dongsaeng's on my face! Can this day get any worse?

 

Suddenly the elevator comes to a halt and the light flickers on and off before completely going black. Well, . I'm not even surprised anymore. I'm more terrified of the previous situation than my present one so the darkness of the elevator does little to scare me. 

 

I reach into my pocket for my phone but then I remember that it's still in the studio. I had been going to retrieve it earlier when I saw the pair.

 

"Huh," I say to myself, leaning my head back against the wall opposite the door, "Who would have thought that those two would get together..."

 

If anything, I'd have guessed Seunghyun would've gotten with Bom since they were so playful. However, looking deeper, it's clear that they are not as close as they used to be when they'd collaborated years ago. Besides, if they'd ever gotten together, Bom would have spilled ages ago since 's bigger than her appetite. 

 

Chaerin, on the other hand, is much like Seunghyun in the sense that they carefully control what others see about them. They're the two most private ones in the company. My leader may post revealing pictures on Instagram, but it's more to show everyone what they can't have. That minx has been teasing her followers all this time, knowing that she's for TOP. Maybe she was teasing him, too, letting him know what he's missing when they're apart for schedules. 

 

I'd even seen videos of the couple chooming it out on stage but hadn't really put much thought into it. I merely assumed that they started talking a bit more than usual. At one point, I thought Seunghyun was gay so they bonded over that but clearly not. 

 

All this thinking has me going grey. I'm not too worried about my face though, seeing as it's tight as . Just reflecting on that thought makes me feel to cry ugly tears. I'll need to get into songwriting as soon as possible to release the sadness and disgust that's building up within me. Everyone else be damned if my heartfelt album doesn't get an all-kill after this tragic mess. Ugh.

 

However, at the end of it all, I'm genuinely happy for the pair. They're y together and their personalities really do seem to match so this might be a long-term thing. Fans will definitely eat them alive should the news be revealed to the public, but neither party really seems to care what people think. 

 

It's a shame that those two will most likely be quiet about the whole thing if everyone finds out. Some people just really don't know how to milk things in their favour. If it was me, I'd have secretly called up a bunch of paparazzi and have news sites write on the matter, after they pay a small fee that is. Both fandom and public interest would be gained, thus a huge increase in popularity. But, to each their own. Neither of them really know how to media play anyway. 

 

The elevator light switches back on then, causing me to blink a handful of times to adjust to the change. Hm, I've probably been stuck for fifteen or twenty minutes. Nothing too bad; it could've been worse after all. The stupid thing just seems to have forgotten that I want to go to the car park and instead goes back up to the fifteenth floor, as indicated by the red outline around the number, that someone probably pressed. 

 

I release an exasperated sigh as I ascend. 

 

11...12...13...14...Ding!

 

I must've killed a bunch of innocent people in my past life because this cannot be happening. No, no, no! This is too much of a coincidence. Something deity has to be channeling negative energy towards me. 

 

"Unnie!" a freshly-ed Chaerin grins when the doors open. It's like she didn't even try to finger-comb her hair to look presentable and she completely missed the stain on her skirt. "You forgot your phone. I wasn't sure where you'd be so I left it in the studio. It's still on the couch where you put it last."

 

Note to self: destroy that phone. Unless, of course, it somehow managed to capture voice evidence of what happened. In that case, I'll sell it at a later date for a lot of money so I don't have to work again. I want to tell myself that I'm kidding, but my reasoning is strong. It's a good plan.

 

"Oh, I'll go get it," I assure her. Just then I spot TOP coming down the corridor to stand a bit behind CL. He bows and I return it, putting a lot of effort into not blushing now that they're both looking at me. I don't even want to breathe in too heavily in fear of smelling their previous activities. "I was just going to go home."

 

"Get home safety, Dara," Chaerin wishes, coming into the small space with Seunghyun while I move out of it. "Oh, I left a sandwich for you in the studio."

 

"Where is it?"

 

On the couch. I know she's going to say that so I don't know why I bothered asking. 

 

"It's in the mini fridge," she answers. 

 

Finally! Some positive news coming my way. I control my expression and nod, thanking her. I'm really hungry now that I think about it.

 

"Oh no," Seunghyun speaks up in the tone that I'm used to, not the seductive one from earlier. "I thought that was yours, CL-ssi, so I took it out for you, but I guess I forgot it on the couch."

 

Bastard.