Chapter 2

Sacrifice

Krystal POV

Owner of Boice Cafe.

Turns out nobody in the clan had any affiliations with my task, so I ended up swearing my oath a couple days earlier so that I could quickly get back to the real world. Jessica unnie wanted to go over details with Sooyoung unnie regarding her task and Jinri had to get basic training in order to be hired as a secretary for the investor she was assigned to. Not wanting to feel trapped by myself, I decided to go over details on my assignment alone, in my room where I was most comfortable.

Alright, so Kang Minhyuk, 23. 3 years older than I am. 184 cm. Pretty decent looking, clean cut. Wealthy background, yet no explicit details regarding his family. He has one sister. I roll my eyes; The Jewels must be getting lazy, they can't provide me more information on his sister, or even a picture? Why is his family profile in general so vague? I let out a sigh of frustration. I continue reading, and luckily his cafe isn't too far off from where I live. Well I thought, I might as well get started somewhere.

I roll my chair over to my bed away from my desk and grab hold of my phone. I text one of my best FFs, Amber, who is one of my few friends that speak English. Freedom Friend, meaning they aren't in anyway affiliated with a clan.

"Yo Amber, want to try out a new cafe with me? It's a new place near my house that actually has overall good ratings. Lets meet up there." Having a habit of playing with my pen, I kept outlining the words Boice Cafe as I waited for Amber's response.

Katalk. I unlock my phone to read her message. "If you're buying, sure lets check it out." I make a shameful face despite knowing Amber can't see it. "Amber, you're the older one, shouldn't you be treating your favorite dongsaeng? Pout emoji* " I impatiently sent my reply.

Katalk. "Krys your argument may have a point if you would have had the manners to ask me nicely with an unnie. XP" Whatever, I give up. I tried to think of smart remark, but I couldn't. "Fine I'll buy. Even though we both know you pull the honorifics card only in times of your need. X( Just be there in an hour."

I highlighted and went over details a couple more times before getting ready. Though my ultimate goal was to be on friend basis with this guy, I had to plan accordingly so that my approach of my task would be as natural as possible. Not forced, or deliberate. Just being natural, as if our encounter a coincidence to the both of us.

Not realizing I took more time then anticipated, I rush over to the cafe after receiving Amber's message saying she arrived already. I walk in to the cafe where the bells on the door let the employees know of my arrival. A tall, lanky, yet beautfiul haired guy greeted me with a smile. "Welcome to Boice Cafe! My name is Jungshin, How may I be of help today?" 

I smile shyly back at him. "Hi, I think my friend is already here..." That is when I see amber already in line. She waved to me, and I give her a little eye nod. "Oh, I see my friend in line already. Thanks though!" I rush over to Amber's side and give her my chic pat on her back to let her know I've missed her company. Amber, being chic and tomboyish herself, knew exactly what I meant and just gave me a wink.

"Way to invite me to a new cafe, say you'll buy, and arrive after I do. What are you trying to pull Krys?" She stuck her tongue out me. I just give a short laugh. "Sorry llama, didn't know the time was passing by so quickly. What are you going to order?" I myself looked at the menu as we started to move up the line steadily. The foods looked pretty appetizing, and come to think of it I was pretty hungry from studying Minhyuk's files. 

"I don't know, probably a boice club sandwhich with a smoothie. What about you?" I nod in agreement with her choice. "That sounds really good. I'll probably get the same thing, just with caremel frap. In the mood for some caffeine." We finally go up to make our orders, greeted by another decently tall guy with a cute dimple, yet with a deep impressioning set of eyes. "Hello, what can I get for you guys today?" Finishing our orders, the guy gave us a small and pointed toward the direction of the tables. "Alright ladies, your guys' orders will be ready in just a few minutes, take a seat anywhere you like. My name is Jonghyun, so incase there are any problems with your orders please don't hesitate to ask for me." We gave him a chirpy thanks before we picked a booth near the window, where the sun was pleasant but not overpowering.

Amber and I were wasting no time catching up and chatting about this and that. Only until I noticed a white, obviously chef outfit, yet still professionally and modernly trendy, right in front of our table. Only then did I realize our food was here that I was able to clear the table for him to set our food down. I look up to make quick eye contact with the guy to give him my thanks before I realize my senses were naturally heightening as I have finally encountered my task. Shooting us his eye smile with a wide grin, "Hello, our waiter suddenly fell ill so I have temporarily taken his place to be your server. I am also the chef, so please feel free to get my attention if you find any problems with the food." I give a shy nod of my head, and look up again to stare at his backside as he walks away from our table.

"Nice to meet you, Kang Minhyuk." I thought.