Chapter III : Changjo

Flings

This is the worst.

I stare at the piece of paper for a long time till I decide to crumple it.

An eviction notice.

I'm getting kicked out the house for not paying rent.

Good job Choi Jonghyun.

I sigh and throw the crumpled piece of paper away. I pour hot water in my noodle's cup and stir it. Now what should i do? If i went to see my aunt, she would probably keep nagging about how I'll never be responsible enough to take care of Nara.

Nara.

My 4 years old daughter. I had her when i was 17 years old. Her mother,who had just graduated from high school, didn't want to get rid of her,but she also didn't want to keep her. In the end, she secretly had her and dropped her in front of my house (which was my aunt's house since she'd been the one who raised me.) I've never seen her after that.

I sigh and finish my noodles. Now I'll probably have to get a third job. I grab the book bag i had when i left my aunt's house and put the most important things i needed: The few bucks I've saved up,clean underwear, and the magazines that'd been under my mattress for i don't know how long. Basically everything I owned.

I close my bag and look around the apartment one last time. Wasn't going to miss it, but it was probably better than living on the streets.

I head out the door and lock it. I put the keys in the landlords mailbox and walkaway. 
 

"So,you got kicked out huh?" Hansol asks for the fifth time today as he mops the floor.

"Yeah." i answer once more not looking up from my phone.

"Mmm..I would take you under my wings and all,but-"

"I don't exactly want to live with you and Byungjoo. Especially since...just ugh. Thanks but no thanks." i say shaking my head trying to get rid of the images of my friend trying to the purple haired boy.

"You know,you should probably go back to your aunt. She knows you've been working hard Changjo."

Hansol put his hands on the mop and looks at me worriedly.

"I would..But i don't want to hear her blabbing on about how i'm being a bad father and stuff." I sigh.

"Well maybe you should stop sleeping around with woman so much. What would you do if you got another one of them pregnant?"

I glare at him as a costumer walks in while putting my phone in my pocket. It's very easy to say 'don't go and sleep around with woman.' When you don't work at night and have ladies surrounding you trying to get under your pants. Especially when they're good looking.

"Don't say these things out loud you retard." I whisper-yell as the costumer walks around the candy bar aisle.

Hansol makes a weird face and whispers a sorry before going back to work.

I sigh and stare at the costumer as he walks around suspiciously.

He was tall with light brown colored hair. His lips were thick and on his nose stood black sunglasses. The strangest thing was the long detective jacket he was wearing. 
After awhile he comes to the cashier only to check out a snickers bar and a pack of gum. I scan the two items.

"Want them in a bag?"

"Y-Yes please." he stutters.

I eye him more suspiciously and put the two items in a plastic bag.

"That will be 1.38" I tell him.

He puts his hands in his pocket and gets out two ones.

"You can keep the change." he says after i take the two bills.

I nod and hand him the bag. He bows and starts speed walking to the door and as soon as he opens it,a king sized Twix bar falls out of his pocket. He looks at me like a deer about to get ran over by a car and starts running.

"You-You damn delinquent!" I yell.

"Hansol, take care of the register!" I order before running after the culprit.

I swear if I knew working at a convenience store would make me run this much... I need a raise.

"Hey you in the detective jacket! Stop! Someone stop him!"

I yell as i run after the tall skinny brunette. I swear the guy must've done track or something. He was fast. we run through narrow streets and past dozens of people,we arrive at a park and I seem to be catching up to him.

"Yah!" I yell just a little behind him.

I bring my body forward and extend my hand gripping unto his collar just as he trips. The next second I'm falling on top of him, trapping him under me. His glasses fall to the side and his strange alien eyes stare at me.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to it was a dare please forgive me I really didn't want to. I won't do it again,you can take back everything." he blabs on.

"A dare? Pfft. Like I'd believe you thief."

"But i swear it's true! Please don't report me to the police, my dad would kill me please. I'm suppose to be at school,if he finds out i didn't go he'll kill me." he pleads.

I sigh and let go of his collar.

"Get up you delinquent!" I say standing up.

He stands up and looks down at the ground.

"Alright..I won't tell on you."

"R-Really?!" he says looking up at me with a shocked face. He sniffles and wipes away a tear.

"Yeah."

"Oh my gosh,thank you so much! How can I pay you back? Thank you so much. I'll do anything, hyung."

Pay me back?..Pay me back... I grin.

"You want to pay me back?" I ask him.

He nods happily and smiles.

"You..You have a house?"

I swear it sounded better in my head.

"…Huh?"

"Like..Could you give me a place to stay?"

Yeah..It sounded way better in my head.

"You..You need a place to stay?" he asks with a frown.

You know what,this is embarrassing...

"Never mind i'l-"

"Mm, Alright. You can sleep at my house. I'll house you." he smiles softly.

"Wait, you'll..You'll really house me?" .

"Mhm!"

"Oh?"

Is he being serious?

"I'll go put the things I stole back,and write you my house address..I'll just come get you when you're done with work if you want."

"N-No no,that won't work. I have another job after i'm off with this one."

He raises an eyebrow and looks at me.

"How many jobs do you have?"

"Two."

And soon three.

"Oh. Do you work late for the second one?"

"Yeah..Till 3 o'clock."

"Wow...Do you have a break in between this job and the other one?"

"Yeah. I start this one at 7am and end at 6pm. My other job starts at 8pm and ends at three in the morning."

"Oh..Sounds like a lot of work. Well here. I'll just come at 6pm anyways. And show you the way home. Then I'll give you an extra key so you can get in at one o'clock. My dad's a heavy sleeper so he won't hear you."

"Do you think he'll be okay with having a stranger at his house?"

"Yeah. I'll just tell him you're going through stuff and you're a friend or something. His a Christian man who loves helping people so.."

"Oh. Cool."

"Yeah. So..See you at 6pm?"

"Yeah..See you."

The boy smiles and bows. As he bows tones of chocolate bars fall out of his jacket and i have to try hard not to laugh. He blushes and picks them up.

"Forgot about those." he says handing me the chocolate bars. 
------ 
Author note: Niel the thief. Well would you look at that lol He just let's a stranger get into his house smh. Anyways hope you liked the first three intros!

Ps: If you ain't talking Hanjoo I don't wanna talk They shipp-able af