iii.

Get back in line

 

"Please put your feet off the table Mr. Oh," Minseok saysexasperated. After their encounter, the sweet and helpful Sehun became rude and stubborn. He's terribly hard to control, he used to be well-behaved but now he's the reason onto why the class would turn chaotic and noisy. As much as Minseok hates this, hedoes his best to be patient and to tolerate him because even if he's ignoring the boy, the guilt of being harsh to him would always be present. 

"I don't care Mr. Kim eh eh eh," Sehun sing-songs in the tune of 2ne1's song which earned him a few cat calls and loud cheers for being able to come up with such a great comeback.

Minseok sighs inaudibly and turns his hand into fist and imagines that he's holding his stress ball, the one his old friend gave to him. He turns his back to the class and starts to write on the board and continues their discussion. The room is a little hot and stuffy and it is a known fact that he sweats a lot thus his dress shirt is plastered on his skin, making it itchy and irritable.

He diligently continues to do their lecture in the midst of the noisy classroom. Minseok made his voice louder, his throat starting to get scratchy and strained. "Mr. Kim, did you piss your back?" The class erupted into another fit of laughter and Minseok had lost all his patience plus the heat is getting into his head. Minseok stops talking and puts his throws his chalk out of the window, making a tiny clink when it hit something. He's enraged and as much as he hates to admit it, Sehun knows that everything gets bad when Minseok loses his

Minseok gathers his things and briskly walks out of the room. The room is terribly silent now, even Sehun straightened his posture, his legs properly tucked and mind in chaos. Everyone inside didn't dare to make a sound even if their teacher already went out and they knew they are all in trouble and who knows what their consequence will be. 

There's still 3minutes before their science class is supposed to end.

--

"I just don't get it, they've been really nice to me during the past few weeks but now-" Minseok waves his hands frantically in order to get his point across. He and Yixinga fellow substitute and classmate in college, are seated in the faculty room's pantry. Yixing is mixing a powdered juice into a transparent jar and reaches to the cabinet to get a glass for him and Minseok. He tastes the drink first and when he's already satisfied with the taste, he pours it into a glass and gave one to Minseok. "Thanks," he mutters and gives the other a smile of gratitude

"You know, it's normal they're a bunch of teenagers and it's not like we didn't act like that when we were at that age."

A sputter of indignation bubbles out from Minseok's mouth and he whines at Yixing to say that he's that poster student and the teacher's pet (but really, the teachers sometimes shout at him when he gets dragged by his best friend into doing something naughty). Yixing smiles fondly at him which made Minseok's heart melt a little and it's funny because he is the only person Minseok could be comfortable with and show his true colors which others could not ever see (except some people from his past which he does not ever want to recall).

--

Even if he's also a little at fault for walking out from the class, Minseok still feels a little nervous when thinking about facing his students again. He quietly slides the door and puts his things on the table as neat as possible. The class stands up and bows in greetingstheir eyes looking into anything but him. Minseok knows that the class is now afraid of him and Minseok does not want that to happen.

"Good afternoon!" Minseok greets cheerfully, his voice higher than normal then he smiles adorably at everyone which made the girls' eyes for into hearts and the boys gush inside. He's not being cocky but Minseok is aware of his charm and he only uses this when he's truly desperate. 

Everyone sighs in relief as they settle down on their respective chairsat least their teacher went inside the classroom as if nothing had happened.

"I'm sorry for walking out yesterdayit's that the heat is adding up with my anger," he says while bowing deeply to everyone occupying the room. Minseok knows it's unusual for a teacher to bow for an apology to a bunch of kids especially when they are at fault but Minseok would not be able to shut his consciencoff he could sense that someone is mad at him.

There's a question that's been bugging Minseok ever since the change of attitude with his student. "Now class do you like your teacher or not?" He asks trying not to sound demanding but imposing a confident stance, his fingers are shaking though, clearly afraid of rejection and negative responses.

The room buzz for some time until the students hum in approval while some of them yell 'yes'. "Um- it's not like I could force you to like me and I know some of you arjust following everyone's answer but if there is someone who's got something to settle down with me, feel free to see me after class," Minseok says with a smile, his eyes darts into someone only to see that Sehun is already starring straight to his eyes and he knows that this kid would approach him later on.

--

Minseok glances at his watch to see that it's almost 7 in the evening and that the school custodian had already passed by to let him know that he's going to lock the faculty room in some time. Concluding that no one would see him anymore at this time, Minseok begins to pack his belongings and he gives his watch a glance for the last time and Minseok swears he's not disappointed that a certain tall student did not visit him and talk about things.

--

The next day is not really a good one for Minseok. He hardly slept last night and even the pills he took did not take effect, instead of letting him fall asleep, his eyes were fully opened which let him think of things which he should not be thinking. Thventi americano he asked from Chanyeol that morning, which earned raised brow from the barista, is also useless. He feels even more restless and he thinks that he could sleep to any surface that he thinks is clean and acceptable.

"Rough night?" Yixing askplayfully though a hint of concern is there, he pokes Minseok's ribs with his index finger which earned him a groan and a frown.

"I know what you're thinking and stop it, it does not suit you,Minseok rolls his eyes to his co-teacher.The bags under his eyes must be visible as Yixing gave him a stick of concealer which he claims is his lifesaver whenever some random dude give him a hickey.

"Whatever, I need to go!" Yixing speaks in panic after seeing the time, the man is definitely late for his first class.

Minseok walks out of the room by dragging his feet with heavy steps to attend to his own class, notbothering to apply concealer under his eyes and leaving it to Yixing's desk which he knows would throw a fit later on.

--

He is truthfully tired and sleepy so after walking to the his roofor the time and telling everyone that they could do whatever they want as long as they would not create much ruckus, he heads to the clinic and decide to sleep until he would already be functional.

The clinic is empty, void of the nurse who always sits by the entrance and there is not a single trace of students pretending to eye sick just so to escape class which Minseok is truly thankful. He signs on the logbook and proceeds to one of the bed and gently pulls the curtains that protects his privacy. He lays his body on the stiff cushion and arranges his head to find a comfortable spot on the thankfully, fluffy pillow.

Minseok closes his eyes and rests both his hands on his stomach, he relaxes against the bed and allows his tensed shoulders to slowly melt into the surface. He could heacollective chatters of students from each classroom which oddly calmed his nerves. He's succumbed into his inner peace for awhile, sleep almost overtaking his whole self until a muted footsteps and slight rustle of curtains disturbed his calm.

He expected it to be the nurse but when the curtains where pulled off, dread fills his stomach after seeing a face he would not want to see that day. 

"I hate you," Sehun quietly says, as if he's just talking to a sleeping Minseok.

Minseok sighs and starts to count in his head to keep his calm, he pulls the thin blanket over his head to cover his face from the student. "Not noSehun, you could have approached me yesterday,his voice muffled by the blanket.

Footsteps fill the room once again and Minseok thought that Sehun had already left the room and he breathes out a sigh of relief which made his face feel the hotness of it as he is still covered by the blanket.

Oh dear, Minseok is wrong as the cloth is harshly pulled out from his body and his collar is pulled by a raging Sehun. The student's eyebrow is furrowed, his lips thoroughly chewed, tiny spurts of blood showing and his unoccupied hand curled into fist.

"You need to move on hyung," Sehun grits his teeth and eyes speared into Minseok's eyes which made the latter look away from his direction and pulls Sehun's hand off from his shirt. He's choking in some way and he's lost his voice to tell Sehun to stop what he is doing.

Seeing that the teacher is starting to cough, Sehun waked up from his reverie and lets go from his strong hold, his eyes flashes a concerned look for awhile but is immediately changed into the same piercing look.

Minseok puts on a questioning stare at the boy while rubbing his neck. "There's nothing for me to move on from," he says nonchalantly

"You certainly know why you're having a sleepless night hyung, why there are times where you're afraid of sleeping and know why you've been avoiding me, claiming that you don't know a single thing about me because you're still rooted by the past hyung! You haven't still accepted the fact that Luhan hyung is dead, gone and is never coming back."

The boy in front of him heaves after saying them all without a pause. Minseok looks at him blankly, his mind the same state as his face, he does not know what to do, he does not have any clue onto how Sehun was able to crack down all the things that happened to him.

Without noticing, a "how" came out from his mouth which earned him a sigh of defeat from Sehun. 

"Mom told me hyung, after you gave her a drunken call a month ago. You apologized profusely to her and you said that you haven't moved on yet but you need to hyung, you know that everything was an accident."

The last word snapped Minseok as he raises his head to look at Sehun properly, a sudden wave of laughter falls out from his mouth and he's doubling his self from laughter almost choking himself from the lack of air until tears start to pour out from his eyes. The next thing he knows is that he's crying, he's letting out all of the tears which he hadn't shed from the past years, he feels exposeand visible to Sehun's eyes, as if he's stripped from his clothes, his dignity.

Sehun reaches out to Minseok to offer a rub on his shoulders which he coldly turned down by slapping the farmer's hand away. "You think that was an accident?" Minseok scoffs, looking at Sehun in disbelief. Sehun is taken aback from the sudden revelation, he's too afraid to ask further questions so he letMinseok spill the answer from his own mouth.

"There never was an accident Sehun-aheverything was already planned by himit's just that I was too oblivious to notice."