You'll Be In My Heart

You'll Be In My Heart

You’ll Be In My Heart - JunSeung


Salty tears fell from Hyunseung’s face, leaving wet, glittery streaks on his cheeks. The sixteen year-old sat in the dim corner of a small coat closet; his knees were pressed against his chest and his arms rested on top of his knees. He tried to silence his crying by burying his face in his sleeve-covered arms, but despite his effort, every once in awhile a small hiccup escaped.

“It isn’t fair. I know I’m different, but it’s not like I can help it. It’s not like I chose to be the way I am. Why did they have to say those things? Can’t they see that it hurts?” Hyunseung sniffed as he felt another wave of tears coming to his eyes. A hiccup. “And Junhyung. He was with me while they were insulting us. Is he okay?”

There was a knock on the door.

Hyunseung felt his heartbeat quicken. Was it them? Did they follow him to the closet? Were they going to harass him even more? Why? Wasn’t the public humiliation enough?

A voice came from the other side of the door, “Seungie? You okay?”

The orange haired boy felt relief wash over him. It was Junhyung.

“Seung-ah?” A pause.

The teen tried to reply, but he was crying too much to even make a sound.

“I’m coming in now, okay.”

Another hiccup.

The doorknob turned and the door opened. At first, all the orange-headed boy could see was a dark silhouette. But after Junhyung closed the door, and his eyes readjusted, Hyunseung could see the other teenager’s familiar face. His black hair was swept to the right like usual, but beneath his bangs were a pair of unusually worried brown eyes.

It hurt Junhyung to see Hyunseung like this – crying and huddled in the corner of a coat closet. He knew what the other boys in the class said to him. He was with him. He also knew that it hurt – hell, it hurt him too – and it pissed him off. But Hyunseung was so sensitive that the words that those boys said completely shattered what little confidence the older boy had. And after watching Hyunseung run away like that – tears escaping his eyes – Junhyung couldn’t help it. Cursing, he swung at the nearest guy, before chasing after Hyunseung.

Sitting down next to Hyunsenug, Junhyung wrapped an arm around the other boy’s shoulders, and with his other hand, he wiped the tears from the older boy’s face. The black haired teen gave him an affectionate look. Hyunseung sniffed and leaned his head on Junhyung’s shoulder.

Junhyung pulled Hyunseung closer, “They’re bastards.”

Hyunseung blinked; letting what Junhyung said process through his fogged mind.

Junhyung grasped the other teenager’s hand tightly. “Everything they said about you – about us – forget it. It doesn’t matter what they say. I’ll always be there for you; my feelings for you will never change. Remember that.”

Hyunseung nodded.

“I mean it,” Junhyung said intently. He didn’t want Hyunseung to think he would ever – never in a million years – leave him.

“…I…I kn-know you do,” Hyunseung managed to whisper. He could trust Junhyung. Junhyung never lied. Holding back his tears, he asked, “Wh-why can’t th-they understand? It’s n-not f-fair.”

The dark-haired boy pressed his lips against his boyfriend’s forehead, “Because they don’t want to understand. They think we’re different from them. You and I both know we’re really not that much different. But they don’t want to accept it; to them, what we have, it’s not normal.”

Frowing, Hyunseung wiped his eyes with his sleeve. “Screw normality,” he sniffed.

Junhyung couldn’t help but let his lips curl into a small smile, “Yeah, screw it.” With the arm wrapped around Hyunseung’s shoulders, he ran his fingers through the older boy’s dyed hair.

They sat in the dark coat closet in silence for a few more minutes – giving Hyunseung time to steady his breathing and get his emotions back under control – until Junhyung finally said something.

“You feeling better?” he asked, looking at Hyunseung’s slightly red face.

The now-calm teen nodded, “Yeah.”

Junhyung stood up and held out his hand, “Ready to go outside?”

Hyunseung grabbed his boyfriend’s hand and nodded.

The younger boy gripped the doorknob.

“Jun,”

“Yeah, Seung?”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Junhyung opened the closet door, and they both stepped out.


-xXx-