Breaking Codes

Target Locked On

“Krystal, what’s your status?” Said a voice from the intercom.

Krystal gave a side kick to the opponent on her right.

“Kinda busy, Sulli.” Krystal replied with a hiss as she landed a punch on her other opponent’s abdomen.

Krystal swiped her leg on the floor, tripping another one and ducked herself from the blow coming from behind her.

“I need you to go upstairs, the database is triple-crypted. Can you buy me some time here? The security guards are coming, I can see it from the security map here.” Replied Sulli with a hint of distressed in her voice.

“I’m coming. Amber unnie?”

“Yup?” replied a deeper voice on another side of the intercom.

“Mind holding ‘em up for me here? I’m coming for Sulli, she needs back-up.”

“Got it. Don’t worry, I have Vic unnie here, right leader-nim?” Amber replied while teasing her leader.

“Yup, we’re good, now help her out quick! I don’t think Luna can hold our target any longer.” replied the leader.

“Thanks, Victoria unnie!”

“Yeah quick, our target has noticed something wrong, he looked worried.” Joined another voice in the intercom.

“Well, you better do something Luna, you’re the one out distracting him on a date.” Said Victoria.

That was the last thing Krystal heard as she rushed up the stairs while trying to get rid of security guards in her way. Right as she reached upstairs, she saw Sulli in the main database room across her, typing to what seemed to be codes to hack through the cryptic database.

The corridor to Krystal’s right started to echo the footsteps which are coming nearer. Krystal immediately run through the corridor and turned at the end, coming face-to-face with all the security guards that were going after Sulli.

“Six on one, no problem.” Krystal said coldly.

Krystal ducked as one of the guards charged towards her. Grabbing the guard’s arm that was supposed to hit her face, she put her strength on her arms as she swung the guard to the wall, making him unconscious. Krystal charged forward, sending a flying kick toward the guard right in front of her, sending him two feet away from her.

“Krys, I’ve cracked two crypt of the database, just one more. Can you still hold them up for me?” said Sulli thourgh the intercom.

“Don’t worry Sul, I got them. Just make it quick.” Krystal replied as she avoided a kick sent towards her face.

“Thanks.”

Krystal nearly caught off-guard as she avoided yet another kick just in time, this time it was sent towards her leg. As soon she regained focus, she grabbed the leg of the owner and swung him towards the other two guards.

Apparently the last guard was able to past through without Krystal noticing, and locked Krystal from behind her with his arms. Krystal realized that the guard forgot to hold her left arm, so she bend her arm and hit the guard with the point of her elbow, sending him in pain. Using the chance while her opponent was off-guard she immediately swung her leg to the guard’s head rendering him unconscious along with his colleagues.

“Sul, I’ve knocked them out, but anytime soon the back-up team will be coming. How’s your status?”

“Wait, just a minute… done! I’ve opened the crypt, give me ten seconds to transfer the files.” replied Sulli as her tone started to relax a bit.

“Good, make sure you get all the database files we’re looking for. I’m coming to pick you up.”

Krystal turned back to the main corridor and headed towards the room Sulli’s in.

“How is it, Sul?” Krystal asked as she arrived in the main database room, catching her breath after taking out six security guards.

“Eight, nine… ten! We’re done! Help me out on removing fingerprints here, would you?” Sulli announced along with a grin.

“Sure. Let’s dash, though.” Krystal replied, wasting no time after pointing at the security screen to Sulli. The back-up team is coming.

“Oh crap, let’s get going then.”

Krystal and Sulli rushed toward the computer Sulli used and started removing any sign that Sulli was there. Soon after they had removed all fingerprints, they both run to the stairs as another footsteps were coming.

“Agent Sulli to Agent Victoria, do you copy?” Sulli said as she and Krystal was running down the stairs.

“Agent Victoria to Agent Sulli, copied. You’re done, Sul?”

“I’m done, Vic unnie.”

“How’s Krys?” Victoria replied with a worried tone

“This is Agent Krystal speaking, I’m with Sul, unnie, don’t worry.” Krystal replied to the leader’s question.

“Okay, good. Luna, we’re done with our business in this building, how’s your err… dinner with the target?” Victoria said through the intercom, diverting the topic to Luna since she was the one undercover distracting the target.

“Guys, our target has received a distress call from one of his staffs, he’s coming to the main building now. You all better hurry.” Luna said while controlling her tone not to sound panic in the intercom.

“Can’t you hold him up?” asked Amber as she joined in.

“Aish, I’ve tried. I even flirted with him and asked if he wanted to go clubbing after this.” Luna answered with a heavy sigh.

“Wait, you actually asked him clubbing?” Amber asked in surprise.

“Luna unnie used her legal age for distraction. Nice.” said Sulli playfully, knowing that her teammate had just gotten her legal age three days ago.

“Okay f(x), time to get back. I’ll inform the base to send us a pick-up team. Let’s all meet up outside near the left wing building.” Victoria said as she pulled off her leadership authority.

“Ne.” said her teammates.

“Hurry, you only have 20 minutes.” Luna warned.

Krystal took Sulli’s hand and rushed down the stairs. Immediately heading towards the front door, Krystal and Sulli tried to be careful not to step into the unconscious bodies, leaving unnecessary footprints that could lead them into compromised state.

Arriving outside of the main building, Krystal and Sulli tried to find the left wing building, though failing miserably. Their coordinate watch broke when they were doing their job inside. Krystal broke it while she was fighting, Sulli broke it when she had to break the door to the main database room. The only thing that soothed them was the beautiful view of the full moon, and that “barely” soothed them.

“Damn it, I broke my watch.” Krystal hissed.

“Aish… I should’ve broke the glass door with the axe.” Sulli whined.

“Then why not?” Krystal asked while trying to control her temper, knowing her teammate could’ve done a better alternative than letting both of them stranded.

“It’s a block away.” Sulli sighed.

“Oh.” Krystal replied, realizing Sulli had no choice if she wanted to save time.

“Mmm… Vic unnie, Amber unnie? We’re kinda lost here.” Krystal spoke through her intercom.

“You broke the watch?” Victoria asked.

“Err… yeah.” Sulli answered in defeat.

“Again?” Amber beamed. A laugh was herd across the intercom.

“Yah, Amber unnie it was three months ago!” Krystal defended.

“Unnie just show us where your rendezvous point is.” Sulli whined.

“Yah, Sul, Krys, over here.” Amber said through the intercom.

“Here where? We’re talking through intercom unnie.” Krystal said with tone of exhaustion.

“We’re behind you guys, just over the hedge.” Victoria replied.

“Mwoh?” Sulli said in surprise as they both turned their heels.

“Coming.” Krystal replied as she pulled Sulli along.

Krystal went over the hedge with ease being a forte in combat.

“Phew, we’re finally united, unnie!” Krystal said as she saw Victoria and Amber.

“Yah, how could you! At least stay with me through this hardship!” Sulli complained over the hedge.

“Aish, you’re a knife protégé! Just slice through the hedge, it doesn’t even reach a feet above you!” Krystal whined.

“Guys, five minutes.” Luna suddenly spoke through the intercom.

“Okay, fine, fine. I’m cutting through. Get to your safe distance, girls.” Sulli warned.

“Roger that.” Amber replied.

Krystal, Victoria and Amber backed away while looking at what seemed like once a stiff-standing hedge turned into a curved-abstract art as Sulli sliced through with her combat-ready knife.

“Well, that’s a lot of work.” Sulli said as she blew a leaf that landed on her hair.

“Uh, guys, three minutes.” Luna intervened through the intercom.

“Okay team, time to go to the pick-up area.” Victoria said using her authority as the leader to lead her teammates along with the plan.

“Where exactly is the pick-up point?” Amber asked.

“I’ve contacted the base while Sulli was getting through the hedge. Follow me. It’s about a block away, but we should be able to make it in time if we move now.” Victoria pointed out.

Victoria speed-walked to the pick-up area first, leading the way. Soon Amber followed along with Krystal and Sulli. They walked as stealthily as possible, and when the coast seemed clear they would fasten their speed into running mode.

 They finally arrived on time. A black van sent by their agency was waiting for them to arrive. They wasted no time to climb into the van.

“Guys, he has already arrived at the building. How’s your status?” Luna broke the tense with a report.

“We’ve just arrived at the pick-up point. You don’t have to follow him anymore.” Victoria replied.

“Okay, give me five. I’m quite near with our target, should I assassinate him now?” Luna asked for permission form her leader.

“No need to, just knock him unconscious. He’s not at the top list of SM killing priorities. Our main target was his database files, and we didn’t actually took much from his database anyway.” Victoria commanded.

“Yeah, so much for a triple-crypt.” Sulli said as she rolled her eyes.

“Okay, I’ll be there in five minutes, unnie. Don’t worry.” Luna said through the intercom.

“Okay, just make sure you’re taking precaution on taking him down.” Victoria warned. Though her voice sounded intimidating with her position as the leader of f(x) team, all of her teammates know there is a sense of worry for her teammates in Victoria’s voice.

Luna ended her report through the intercom while the other waited in an agonizing five minutes wait, knowing that in every case there would always be a chance of death coming for you. Something that they’ve learned since they were officially grouped as one of the units in their secret agency, SM.

The agonizing wait ended as Luna’s playful face came into view.

“I’m here!” Luna waved at her teammates.

“Oh thank god you’re okay.” Sulli said as she sighed with relief.

“Glad you’re back. C’mon get in!” Victoria commanded.

“Roger that, leader-nim!” Luna grinned as she climbed into the van and closing the door.

“This is Agent Victoria reporting to base, copy.”

A voice came up after a few seconds idle.

“This is base to Agent Victoria, copied. How is the mission status?”

“I’m here to inform that our current mission has been completed, requesting order to get back to base.”

“Mission completed, your permission to get back to base is granted.”

“Thank you.” Victoria said before she cut the line.

“Well then, I guess today has been another successful day for f(x).” Victoria announced.

“Yeah, it is!” Amber beamed with passion.

“Well, it was tiring for me to keep that flirtatious eyes and kissable lips. I swear if I had to stay any longer, I’m so gonna get one of you guys to give me a face massage.” Luna complained as she straighten her legs.

“But, you offered him to go clubbing with you.” Sulli teased. Krystal couldn’t help but smirk alongside Sulli.

“Yah, I was running out of option! He was playing so hard to get.” Luna whined.

“And you could’ve gone into trouble if he actually accepted your offer. We all know what happened to you when we celebrated your birthday with just a glass of beer for each.” Victoria intervened with a deadly serious tone in all of a sudden.

“Well, for the legal ones, of course.” Amber added as she looked at Krystal and Sulli who weren’t at their legal age to drink until next year.

“Mwoh? What did I do?” Luna said as her face scrunched up in confusion.

“You guys didn’t tell her?” Victoria asked as she diverted the question towards her two youngest-and-not-legal-yet-to-drink members.

“No… not yet.” Krystal answered hastily, acknowledging that the atmosphere was a bit tense.

“Yah, you two maknae! What did I say?” Luna cried as her eyes nearly bulged out of her eye sockets.

“You kinda told us about your first date when you were fifteen where you failed miserably just because you farted.” Sulli answered as she lowered her head.

Silence suffocated the van as they waited for Luna to give response. Luna eyes widened even more (if it was even possible), before her lips twitched, trying to hold back her laughter. She finally gave up, and laugh erupted from her, while her teammates’ expression filled with confusion.

“Hahahaha…. Omo…. THAT secret… Hahahaha….” Luna said as she continued to laugh.

“Yah, you could’ve told him the whole mission if you did went out clubbing!” Victoria warned, though she seemed more relaxed now. Luna’s smile always melts down the tense between them.

“Well, then, thank god he didn’t accepted my offer. I’m really sorry though. Now, can we just forget about it for a while? We’ve just finished this mission.” Luna said, shrugging as the sign of defeat.

“Well, since today has been a long day, let’s call it off for today. And for our good work today, the dinner is on me.” Victoria announced.

“Yeah!”

“Woohoo…”

“Alright!”

“Now that’s the spirit, unnie!”

Victoria just smiled at her teammates’ reaction.

“Well, before we officially wrap it up for today, let’s say the word, shall we?” Victoria spoke to her teammates with her confidence as the leader of the team.

They all looked at each other with confidence written in their faces with the passion from their leader.

“Mission accomplished!”

[A/N: Omo… I’ve finally written the first chapter! Aaaaa… I thought it would take me half a year like before… XD yeah, I got lazy in writing so easily that writing block would be my bestie by the end of my life. Okay, I’ll stop talking like I’ve drunken bottle of soju (no wait, I’m not even legal yet, and my belief doesn’t even allow me to drink) sooooo….

Yeah, this is the first chapter featuring f(x). Don’t worry, EXO will appear in the next chapter, this is just an introduction. Anyway, when I wrote the prologue I actually knew little about f(x), that’s why I also watched a few episodes of one of f(x) TV shows to better understand them before I wanted to write this chapter.

Anyway, have you seen EXO’luxion? And their Pathcode teasers of EXODUS? LOVE THEM! Aaaa~ *fangirl squeal*

Okay, that’s all for my author note for now. It could go further… and further… and further….

But I don’t want to hurt your eyes :p. Until then, bye~ *chu*]