One

Tall and Dark, Handsome Might Be A Little Far [Looking for New Author]

One

Kyungsoo’s Pov

 

There he is. The idiot of the century. The sophomore with the whole school wrapped around his finger. The one person in this entire school who everyone worshipped. the guy who was too popular for his own good. Arrogant prick.

“Hello? Are you even listening? I am having a crisis here” Baekhyun was pouting again, interupting my inner monologue. Why do I keep you around again? Oh, right, because I’d eventually miss your whiny . Every afternoon went like this for them. Sitting around the table to the left of the door in the café on campus, listening to Baekhyun complain until Kyungsoo reconsidered their friendship.

“Your eyeliner is right there. You look fine. You won’t fail your classes this semester just like you didn’t last semester. You will survive. Am I getting warm? Have I covered it yet?” I turned to the short (well he’s actually a cm taller, but I LOOK taller, and that’s what counts) and frantic brunette. He’s actually very dainty, but I had no patience for listening to him when he was in a panic. Baekhyun just humphed and stuck out his lower lip farther. I sighed.

“C’mon Soo, lighten up.” Xiumin rounded the corner and sat next to the child. “Just because tall dark and handsome doesn’t know your name you don’t get a free pass to be an .” My eyes snapped to his. The mischevious look in his eyes said he knew exactly what I had been so preoccupied with.

Him.

Over on the other side of the café, a couple of sophomores and a junior were laughing altogether too loud. Here sat the source of my “dness”. Kai. He was tall, yes, and also dark, that too was true. His attractiveness was marred by the undoubtable cockiness that was plain on his face. Said person chose this exact moment to look up in my direction. He looked me in the eye and smirked. Then he looked away.

[I’d like to take this moment to inform you, I was not impressed. Who does he think he was to be smirking at me simply for looking at him. Unlike many of the students at our school, I did not worship this male’s feet. End note.]

 

We soon had to part to get to our classes, it being the new semester I had all new classes. Lucky for me, this was going to be an easy semester. Music theory and Composition, Foods III, and Expressive writing. It being a Monday, I had Music at from 1-2 and Foods after that at 3-4:30. I looked at my watch: 12:30. I had plenty of time to walk to class. On the way there I started thinking about what song I was going to sing in class. There was no way I was going to walk into a music class with nothing prepared.

The classroom was small, room for about 25 in the various seating spread haphazardly around the room, some already filled. I grabbed a rolling chair near a windowsill in the middle. A recording studio was attached directly to the classroom, a window showcasing the inside. Different instruments were lining the walls of the studio.

At about 1:05, the professor came in, quickly waving down the few freshmen that actually stood when he came in. he dropped his armful of staff paper and song books on the desk towards the front. “welcome to Music theory and Composition. Aka, singing class. Anyone who is adverse to showing your talents to the group can walk out the door now.” He gestured at the door just as it opened. Much to my surprise, in walked Kai.

Great. Just what I needed. Yaaayyyy….

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N-

this is just a little snippet. it is not really edited and has it's issues, but here it is. let me know what you think. (^.^)

~Summer