Our Little Girl, Jung Jinyoung *OneShot*

Our Girl, Jung Jinyoung

Jinyoung paced around the room, her long bangs falling into her brown eyes. I didn't understand her apprehension and anxiety. She had forced me to sit on the couch with a, “Umma! Please just listen to me!” I had no clue what had her in a stir until she had finally stopped pacing, staying frozen in front of me. She parted her lips yet shut them quickly, chewing on the bottom lip before she let out a sigh. I had never seen my daughter in such a state. Not even the day I had picked the child up from the orphanage for young girls at the age of eight. She was never in such a state-of-mind. It was a surprise to me.

Umma... Umma Kyungie... I don't want to... live like this anymore.” Jinyoung whispered in a soft voice. I looked at her in confusion. “Jinyoung, I don't understand what you mean,” I said softly. She looked at me, eyes wet with fat tears. “Umma... I don't know how to tell you this so I'm just going to say it out loud. I don't know how you'll react but I hope you react well. I don't want to disappoint you or how you view me.” My mouth dropped open and I grasped Jinyoung's hands tightly. “Jinyoung, I'd never view you differently. Ever. No matter what you tell me. What would Appa Jongin say if he heard you?” I scolded the girl.

Jinyoung gave me a broken smile. “Umma... I don't want to behave like a woman. I want to be like you and Appa Jongin. I want to act like a man,” she said, her voice lighting up with exception. Her words had me frozen yet moments later, a smile crossed my face. “Would that make you happy?” I asked her to which she replied with an eager nod. I smiled at her, a sweet and genuine one. “Well then I can't do anything but grant you what you wish. As long as your happy that's all that matters.” I said with a smile.

She let out a gasped, arms wrapping around me. “Thank you, thank you, thank you! Thank you, Umma Kyungie!” I smiled at her and pushed he back a bit so I could she her face. “Now we can't do anything drastic until Appa Jongin comes home and you tell him. Tomorrow, since both Appa and I have a day off, we can go out and buy you new clothes and get you a hair cut,” I told her. She smiled at me and hugged me even tighter, head buried in my shoulder and tears soaking my plaid button up.

I held the girl in my arms as she cried. At least an hour had passed with us still like that when the sound of the door opening and closing. “Kyungie-ah! Jinnie-ah! I'm home!” I smiled at the cheerful voice and called for the man to come into the living room. When Jongin entered the room, his eyes fell on the crying Jinyoung and looked at me in surprise. I shook my head, silently telling him that he shouldn't worry about our little girl.

Jongin padded softly until he was seated next to me and had Jinyoung in his arms. “Jinnie... Baby, what's wrong?” Jongin asked the child. The seventeen years old wiped her eyes and looked at Jongin. I smiled at the sight. It was the poster picture for all adopted children, crying in the arms of a concerned parent in joy. It was bittersweet of a sight, the way Jongin cradled the girl in her arms as she wiped the tears on her face.

Appa... I already told this to Umma... Umma said it was okay and alright as long as I was happy with my decision. I hope that you feel the same way,” Jinyoung's voice shook as she spoke. I rubbed her arm, coaxing her to continue. “I don't want to act like a woman anymore. I want be like you and Umma. A man. Is that okay?” I looked at Jongin. He was surprised, I could see that. He had always wanted to pamper Jinyoung like a princess and now he was going to have to treat her like a prince.

Jinyoung... Appa will do anything to make my little princess... my little prince happy. Will you be happy and content that way?” Jongin asked. The question had both Jinyoung and I sighing in relief. I watched as Jinyoung nodded and hugged Jongin when he merely smiled at her. I smiled too as I stood up. “Well, now that we have Appa's approval, it's settled. We'll go outside and get a haircut and some new clothes tomorrow.” I said as I pulled the two up to their feet and pushed them along to the bedrooms. “Go to bed you two. Tomorrow will be a big day for us.”


Jinyoung touched her now shorter hair. It was much shorter than it used to be, even a different colour. The hairdressers had cried to see such beautiful hair laying in a splayed heap on the ground. I didn't know what the fuss was. Jinyoung looked just as beautiful without the hair. She marveled at the way she looked in the mirror before she grinned that toothy smile at us. “I love it!”

Jongin and I smiled at each other. “Kyungie, she's really handsome, isn't she?” he asked me to which I nodded. She really did look beautiful like this. The blonde stood out like a sore thumb. I'd never loss her at all like this. It truly was a stunning colour on her though. It suited her.

Let's go, Umma and Appa! We have to buy the new clothes!” Jinyoung smiled at us as she hopped out of the chair she had been sitting on to do her hair. I smiled at her, bowing to the hairdressers before being pulled out of the salon.

We had ended up in a male store in a mall not to far away. Jinyoung, with her new haircut and perfectly flat chest (we had taken her to a doctor to ask about her not developing to which the doctor said she was born unable to develop any), blended in perfectly with the other males in the store. Jongin and I watched as she darted into the tank top section. She looked like she was in heaven, her eyes illuminated at the sight of the clothing.

She showed us a black tank top with yellow smiley faces. I smiled at her and shooed her off, telling her to leave the article of clothing in the shopping cart to which she did. She smiled at us from the cart before she had trotted off, eyes glued to the racks of clothing.

An hour must have passed before Jinyoung's shopping escapade had finish. The cart was overflown with shirts, tank tops, shorts, and skinny jeans. It had Jongin crying (and me laughing at his cheapness) when we had to pay. The cashier was overjoyed at the purchase, probably the largest he had even made, as he rung up the items. “Your total is Three Hundred Sixty-Four Dollars and Forty-Two Cents.”


Jinyoung had began for us to address her as a male after that. “I can't be identified as a female when I'm dressing and acting like a male,” Jinyoung stated one day at breakfast. Jongin and I froze and looked at her, confusion masked on Jongin's face and most likely mine as well. It was a sudden affirmation.

Alright, son. What do you want to do after breakfast?” Jongin asked her... him. Jinyoung smiled at Jongin before her smile dropped and he stared at me. I looked over at Jongin and frowned. “Is something wrong with our little boy? Something seems off with him.” I looked at Jinyoung who smiled at us, words never leaving hid lips.


It was maybe a year later when Jongin and I had come home from a business trip to the sound of soft moans and a bit of groans. I looked at Jongin, who was already staring at me, before we slowly dropped the suitcases and padded our way to the basement door. The sounds were much louder there.

Jongin looked like he wanted to puke. I couldn't blame him. Our son was done there for a sure. It was his high pitch voices doing the . I quickly turned the knob (knowing that if it was turned slowly, it would've made more noise) and pushed the door out as fast as I could to prevent it from squealing.

I looked at Jongin, a sign that we'd go down when his face returned its colour. After a few moments, he nodded and took the first (careful) step down, leaving me to follow him. It took as a while to get to the bottom with making noise. There was the fact that Jongin would give me looks that pleaded for us to wave the white flag and go up stairs until they came up themselves (which I declined with a prompt head shake) and the fact that the stairs were a bit creaky and need to be gently landed upon.

When we rounded the corner, Jongin silently let out a relieved sigh. There was Jinyoung, fully clothed, on his back making out with a... girl(?) on top of him. A very tall girl at that. I cleared my throat, gaining the attention of the two teens and (surprisingly) Jongin. Jinyoung looked at me in surprise as the girl hid behind him.

W-when you two are done, meet us upstairs,” I stuttered before grabbing Jongin by his upper arm and directing us back upstairs. A few moments after the two of us sat on the love seat in the living room, Jinyoung and the (still shy) girl walked upstairs and knelled in front of us on the ground.

Jongin had his face buried in my neck as I tugged my husband to me with an arm around his waist, a mirror image of the girl and Jinyoung. The girl had her face buried in Jinyoung's neck and he pulled her closer, arm around her waist.

Soo... it's good to see your well after not seeing you in, like, two weeks,” I teased. Jinyoung blushed and looked down. “So whose your girlfriend?” Jinyoung looked up as the girl cowered closer to Jinyoung, head delving deeper in his neck. “S-she's a h-he, Umma Kyungie. Th-this is Shinwoo,” Jinyoung's voice shakily introduced. I nodded before freezing. S-she's a h-he.

I smiled at the couple before I looked at Jongin. He now had his legs wrapped around my waist, arms around my chest, feet crossed. I rolled my eyes at him before looking at the young pair in front of me. “So does Shinwoo know about that?” I bluntly asked. Jinyoung looked at me before he dropped his head. “About me being a girl despite my male appearance? He knows.” I smiled. “And Shinwoo,” I finally address the hiding boy. He peeked up a bit so I could see only his eyes. “You don't have a problem with Jinyoung being a girl, right?” I asked, eyes twinkling with mirth. Shinwoo shook his head no quickly.

I smirked and leaned back, dragging Jongin with me. “Then there's nothing left to talk about.” The couple looked at me, Jinyoung's face plastered in confusion and Shinwoo's eyes a mix of relieve and shock. “There's nothing left to talk about,” I repeated, “Absolutely nothing. I mean, as long as your not having , protected of course, without giving Jongin and I fair warning before hand, then we'll have no issues.” I shrugged at them.

Jinyoung smiled at me. “Really? Your not mad?” I shook my head. “Why would I? I mean, you guys weren't screwing in the basement, although you sounded like it. By the way, I hope you know your Appa was prepared to let you guys as long as he was able to escape checking on you two. Also Jinyoung, your two loud. Like if that's what you sound like and all you two were doing was face, I can't imagine what you'd sound like actually getting skewered by Shinwoo. Lord, I can't imagine the pleasure Shinwoo would get hearing you like that.” Jinyoung face went red as Shinwoo giggled into his neck.

U-Umma!” Jinyoung squeaked. I laughed as I untangled a sleeping Jongin from me, laying him across my lap seconds after. “What? I'm only being honest. Besides, I guess it's only natural, you being loud as I mean, seeing as your a .” That only made Jinyoung's face boil and Shinwoo freeze. I smirked (I couldn't help all the smirking when they were acting like that all the time) before picking up Jongin bridal style.

Well, now that everything is settled, why don't you two run along and play. I'm just going to put Jongin in the room before I start dinner. Is Shinwoo staying to eat?” This was the only time Shinwoo detached himself from Jinyoung's body. “I don't want to impose, Mr. Jung.” I snickered. “I'm not a Jung. I'm Kim Kyungsoo but call me Umma Kyungie.” Shinwoo nodded eccentrically.

I smiled before walking off to the stairs and ascended them. When I had Jongin against the soft linen of our bed and the bedroom door was shut, I flopped beside the younger male. I curled into his side with a soft smile. “Hey, Ginnie... our little girl has finally grown up.” I whispered to the sleeping male. I felt Jongin's arms encase me and pull me to his chest.

I know... She's all grown up now,” Jongin sleepily murmured. I smiled at him and snuggled deeper into him. “Its... endearing in a way,” Jongin went on. I nodded in agree. He was right. It was endearing in a way. I looked at him and with slight relieve in my voice said, “That's our little girl, Jung Jinyoung.”