(HyukStal) Goodbye

Oneshot Anthology

"The hardest thing to do is letting go not because you want to but because you have to"

 

"Okay.. let's head home now!" Luna announced as soon as the clock striked at six. I looked up and saw that it's already late in the afternoon yet I'm not halfway done yet in my report.

I sighed. What should I do?

"Alright. Let's go to the mall or something" One of our classmates answered and Luna gave him a nod before turning her attention to me.

"What about you? Why aren't you saving it yet?" Luna asked while taking a peek at the file that I'm working on. Looking up, I gave her a weak smile.

"I'm not finished yet.. not even halfway there so I need to continue this" I explained but Luna just gave me a look of disbelief.

"Are you sure you will? Hey, you've been here since five in the morning working for that book and you haven't had a proper rest yet. Come on.." Luna said while shaking me or basically my arms frantically making me stop what I am doing.

"I need to finish my hypothesis first.. you go" I told her but Luna wasn't miving from her place so I stood up and gave her a weak smile.

"Just go.. I need to finish this" I said while pointing at the file I'm working on and Luna grumbled in annoyance.

"That is why we have TOMORROW right?" Luna asked and I shool my head disapproving with her. "Yeah.. I know but the remaining days before my research defense day is not enough for me to finish this all. I need to finish my book as soon as I can to make my mentor check the book for  mistakes and revise it as soon as I can too" I reasoned out determined not to go with them today.

I would love to, alright? But sometimes we all need to sacrifice for the better.

"Geez.. come on. Minhyuk's here too you know, waiting" Luna said and I turned my chair around only to find Minhyuk standing infront of the room while talking to Sulli. He even handed her something, well, maybe it was a chocolate since for as long and as far as I know Minhyuk likes her.

"Uhh.. no thanks. I'd rather love to know that those two love birds spent some time with each other besides I know Minhyuk wants to have Sulli for himself too even if it's just a good few minutes"  I said and Luna sighed finally giving up on making me leave.

"Alright, you win. But it's your treat next time" Luna said and I chuckled before nodding my head. "You have my word.." I told her and she gave me a thumbs up before leaving me alone.

Seeing her join the two in the hallway, I just shook my head before turning my  eyes to Mihyuk who is now carrying Sulli's bag.

Letting out a chuckle, I gathered all the paperworks I have done the whole day before giving my friends a last glance. Seeing Minhyuk turn back while walking, he gave me a wave and not wanting to be rude I waved back at him.

No, we weren't that close but he's my song buddy. We share the same love for music and he's the one who keeps me updated about songs or whatever it is that are related to music, and I like him for that.

He's a good friend.

Returning back to my seat, I focused on the computer again and after a few minutes my eyes are glued on the screen again.

Now, it's only the sound of my fingers tapping the keyboard are echoing in the empty room. No more noises from my classmates or music from any open computers.

Maybe I'm too drawn to finishing my book, maybe I'm too drawn to get it halfway that I didn't realize that it was already getting late.

It somewhat felt like a few minutes for me but it was already a few hours that had passed. My eyes are tired, my body's drained and my mind's been  wanting to shut down because of all  the sleepless and restless and stressful nights I have to go through.

Taking a glance at the computer I silently whispered the words I'm copying from the paper and typing it in the computer not even knowing the presence of my mentor standing a few neters away from me, watching everything I do.

Glancing sidewards, I saw her watching me intently. Standing up, I cleared my throat before giving my work a glance before completely drawing my attention to her.

"It's already late. Why aren't you home yet?" My mentor asked and I faked a smile before pointing at the computer.

"I need to finish this directress so you can have time checking it and I can have time revising it" I told her and my mentor smiled. I don't know why but maybe it's because she saw how serious I am working on this.

"I know but you have been there since early in the morning. Your classmates have gone home already and here you are staying here this late just to finish your work.." My mentor said and I smiled before scratching my nape.

"I know directress but I need to be responsible" I reasoned out and my mentor nodded. "You've already proven enough. I know you're pressured right at this moment since the school president expects something from you but you already gave him what he expects, you showed him enough that you're worthy of the scholarship and you've been the best student so far and as what I see now your research work is the best.. I'm not saying this for you to, you know, be carefree but I'm telling the truth and for you to keep calm and not be stressed" My mentor said while patting my shoulder and I smiled weakly.

That time I was thinking, did I really proved and showed them enough?

What if they want something more?

"I.. I know directress. I'll save this first and I'll go" I said before finally turning back to the computer and saving my work before turning it off. Turning around, I saw my mentor standing at the door waiting for me  to get finished.

"Let's go now?" My mentor asked and I nodded. Heading out, I saw that the sun had already gone and I sighed.

Why can't I just be like any other people? Just like my classmates?

The ones who aren't afraid to fail? It's like I have a phobia, that fear of failing my works at school. I always wanted to see myself get good grades and having a failed one seemed like a nightmare to me.

"Is there something wrong?" My mentor asked me and looking sidewards, I shook my head. "Nope, there's none directress" I told her and she smiled before nodding her head.

Going out of the school gates, my mentor still went with me. While walking, silence surrounds us, I kept looking down on the ground watching my feet take steps.

"So.. what can you say about Minhyuk and Sulli?" My mentor asked me out of the blue making me stop my pace and look up.

"Me? I'm.. happy for them" I said not caring about it at all. I'm happy for them alright, but isn't it weird to talk about such topics like that with your mentor? Besides, I'm still young and I don't give a single thing about relationship  at all.

"What about you? Do you have anyone special? A crush maybe?" My mentor asked me and I chuckled before shaking my head. A crush? No way, I don't even know how it feels like to have a crush.

"Me? No there isn't, besides, I'm just fourteen. I know a lot of people say that I'll experience those feelings at this stage but sorry directress but I never really feel something special about anyone" I told her and she chuckled. I don't know if I said something funny but she looked like I said something ridiculous.

Is it wrong not to have aby crush at all? Is it wrong for me to not feel love at all?

"I see.. not even before?" She asked further and I shook my head. "I never really know how to like someone ma'am. Besides, I cannot say that I like or even specifically love that person if I haven't been with him for years and moreover I want to study first" I said and my mentor, again, nodded her head while smiling.

"Love surely has a lot of different ways.." My mentor said and I smiled before nodding my head choosing to agree with her even when I don't exactly understand what she said.

"I'll be fine here ma'am.." I said before we stopped infront of the mall entrance. "Are you sure? You can go home by yourself?" My mentor asked me and I nodded my head in assurance.

"Yes ma'am.. I'll be fine" I said and she nodded her head before leaving me. Continuing to walk, my phone suddenly vibrated and the screen lightened up showing a name on the screen.

'Where are you? Still at school?' It was Minhyuk.

'Nope.. I'm on the way home now. Walking' I texted back and decided not to return my phone in my pocket since soon enough he'll reply and I was right.

He did.

'Alone? Hey, it isn't safe for you to walk alone' He mesassaged and I chuckled before shaking my head. I remember that he's only talkative when we talk on the phone but when we're around each other he lessens that.

Let's say he's a shy guy too. But not because of me but because he's not close with some of my classmates and that makes him hang out lesser with me but not to Sulli and Luna.

'I can handle myself, alright? Besides I'm used to going home alone so you don't need to act like an old man worrying for his daughter' I replied before softly chuckling picturing hs reaction after he reads my message.

'I'm not an old man >< besides I'm just being a caring friend' Minhyuk replied and this time I laughed. I don't know but teasing him makes ne feel destressed.

'I know.. I know' I quickly typed before sending the message back. Not long after, my phone vibrated again and I opened the inbox.

'Can I call?' He messaged but before I can answer him, there's an already incoming call from him making me have no choice but to pick it up.

"You just asked me and you already called.." I said in annoyance jokingly and I heard him chuckle on the other line. "It's not like you're going to say no.." He talked back and I shook my head looking from left to right before walking accross the street.

"Why did you even call?" I asked. "Just to make sure you get home safely.." He answered and I chuckled before shaking my head.

"I can handle myself, I already told you" I said and I heard him chuckle on the other line. "I'm just making sure you can Krys..." Minhyuk said and I chuckled.

"I am.. and speaking of I'm a few blocks away" I said as I turned to go left on the other street practically making my pace quicker to arrive home already since my feet felt like it's going to get worn out soon.

"Sure?" He asked.

"Yeah.." I said while catching my breath since I'm walking as fast as I can. "Hey.. what's happening?" Minhyuk asked me curiously.

"I'm.. walking.. as.. fast.. as I can" I said and take a huff everytime I paused. "Geez.. you're so weird" He said and I just rolles my eyes.

"So as you.. call you later. Bye!" I said and hang up after arriving in front of our front gate. Catching my breath, I unlocked the gate and entered and as soon as I did my dog greeted me happily.

"Hey there shadow.." I said as I crouched down and ruffled my dog's fur. "You miss me?" I asked and my dog shook her tail frantically. Yup, she's a girl but I named her shadow.

I'm really weird aren't I?

"Let get inside.." I said as my dog ran inside with me following her. Entering the living room, I saw mom and dad watching the television.

"Hey guys.." I said before giving them both kisses on the cheek and continuing my way upstairs. Slumping my back on the bed, I sighed comfortably.

This is life.

Hearing my phone ring again, I lazily picked it up before answering the call and putting the phone against my ear.

"Hello?" I asked not knowing who the caller is.

"Why did you hang up on me?" Faked sobs can be heard through my phone and upon hearing this I suddenly laughed.

"Honestly, fake crying doesn't suit you Minhyuk" I said while trying hard to stop my laughter. "But you just hang up on ne earlier before I can even say 'be safe' huhuhu" Minhyuk said and then again I laughed.

"Geez, act like a grown man and I'm sorry alright? Mom and dad will bombard me questions if they here me talking to a guy" I said and I heard him hum.

"But what about that childhood bestfriend of yours? Isn't he close with your parents?" Minhyuk asked and I nodded my head remembering my bestfriend Minho.

"Yup, Minho's close with mom and dad actually I miss his mom already. I miss aunt's cooking" I said as I remembered him. It's been a while since I had dinner at Minho's place, maybe I can visit him after the revising of the reports, I told myself mentally.

"So, you're really close?" Minhyuk asked. "Hmm yes.  We've been bestfriends since third grade so we kinda grow up like siblings" I said and I heard him hummed in response again.

"I see.." He said and I chuckled. After that, the silence wins over us for a few good seconds.

"Can I ask you something?" Minhyuk asked. "Shoot.." I said.

"What's Sulli's favorite stuffed toy?" He asked and I bursted out laughing. I thought it was something serious but then again I remembered, Minhyuk's world only revolves to Sulli alone.

"She likes all the cute stuffed stoys so I think you can give her anything.." I simply told him. "Ahh.. thank you then" Minhyuk said and I smiled before nodding my head as if he can see me.

"No biggy.. hey I'll hang up now. I need to wake up early" I said. "Alright.. sweet dreams and sleep tight" Minhyuk said and I hummed in response.

"You too.." I said then hang up.

The next morning, as I entered the school gates, I saw some students running in the school's quadrangle and upon seeing this I smiled.

I thought, maybe I got used to going to going to this school ever since I was young that I can't find myself going to another school anymore.

"Hey.. You're early but I'm earlier" Minho said as he approached me after entering the school gates.

"Hey, why are you so cocky?" I asked while giving him an annoyed yet playful look.

"I'm just stating a fact"

"Gross.."

"Are you really my bestfriend?" Minho asked and I chuckled. "I am.. so what's wrong? Why are MIRACULOUSLY early today?" I asked and Minho rolled his eyes.

"You hurt me  but I'll forgive you first, can you please help me do my report book? Pretty, pretty please?" Minho asked and I chuckled upon seeing him act like a child.

"Sure!" I said wholeheartedly and Minho did a fist pump.

"Thank you Krys! I really love you!" Minho said as he gave me a teddy bear hug ans before I can answer him back, Minhyuk walked past us.

I gave him a smile but it seems like he didn't see me so I frowned.

"Something wrong?" Minho's voice cut my train of thoughts.

"Uhh.. no. Let's get going, I'll help you so I can start my own" I said and Minho nodded before walking to our computer room leaving me in confusion why Minhyuk ignored me.

"You just need to carefully explain all these and you're done" I said as I typed the final word for Minho report book.

"Thank you Krys.  I don't know what to do without you" Minho said and I chuckled before nodding my head.

"Alright.. I'll just go back to my desk alright? See you later" I said and before taking  a few steps Minho called me.

"Hey.. let's grab some drinks and snacks first. My treat" Minho said and I smiled before walking back to him and intertwining my arms on his.

"I'll order a lot.." I said and Minho shook his head while smiling.

"Just make sure you'll finish it all.." Minho said as he pushed the door open with me still clinging on his arms.

"It's alrigt.. I know you're there" I said ans Minho shook his head. Stepping out of the room, I saw Minhyuk at the stairs sitting with his guitar on his lap.

I saw Sulli there too. Watching him sing for her, he turned his gaze from her and our eyes met but as soon as it did, he immediately looked away.

"Hey Krys.. I know you're curious of what Sulli and Minhyuk are doing there on the stairs but let me tell you that he's just singing a song for her" Minho said and I nodded my head.

"I'm not curious.." I mumbled making sure that it's only me who heard what I said.

The whole afternoon was like hell to me, I don't know why he's ignoring me but I'm not used to this until..

"That was epic you know.. the bend Luna made hahaha" I was laughing my heart out inside the classroom with Sulli and Luna when suddenly the door opened.

"Hey.."

It was Minhyuk, my laughter stopped and my gaze fell on him but he walked past me and approached Sulli.

"Hey.. what are you doing here?" Sulli asked and Minhyuk gave her a warm smile. I just walked to Luna and linked my arms on hers as we both watch the two exchange stares.

"I.. just want to give you these" Minhyuk said as he gave Sulli assorted chocolates and a small teddy bear and Sulli smiled before taking it from him.

"Thank you.." Sulli said and Minhyuk scratched his nape before giving her a small smile and a nod.

"You're welcome Sul.. I''ll.. uhh.. leave now. Bye" Minhyuk said and Sulli smiled before giving him a nod. After that, Minhyuk went out of the classroom.

"He really likes you huh.." Luna spoke and Sulli smiled before giving her a nod. Turning to me, Sulli gave  me the small teddy bear.

"What am I going to do with that?" I asked Sulli and she chuckled nervously. "I'll be dead if mom's going to see this, can you.. can you keep it for me?" Sulli asked and I sighed before looking at the teddy bear for a few good seconds.

"Just tell her that it's from me.. or whatever" I told her not wanting to keep the gift Minhyuk gave her.

"But still.. if mom smells this she'll know that it's from a guy. The perfume he used was for boys" Sulli reasoned out and not wanting her to be scolded by her mom, I took the teddy bear from her even when I really don't want to.

"I'll keep it but as soon as I told you to get it from me promise me you will" I said and Sulli nodded her head before putting the small bear inside my bag.

Letting out a sigh, I went out of the room and headed straight to the computer room.

After a long tiring day, I'm finally home and because I'm tired, I just slumped my whole body on the bed but then I remembered something.

Getting my bag that was just placed beside me, I opened it and the small bear fell out. I picked it up and stared at it before lightly caressing it.

"Poor you.. the owner doesn't even want to take you home" I said to the bear as if it can talk back. Lazily getting up, I put the bear above my drawer and leave it sitting there.

Going back to my bed, I kept thinking..

Why did he ignored me like I was invisible?

Days, many days have passed and I was done with my research, the graduation day is already coming in a week too and Minhyuk and I are again in good terms but I never asked him why did he ignored me until one day..

"So.. did Sulli gave you her yes?" I asked before plopping myself onto the couch and putting the phone on my other ear.

"Nope.. and I'm not going to ask her. I guess" Minhyuk said and then it was followed by sigh. I don't know why but I feel bad for him, I mean, hey, he gave Sulli his best, he gave her everything she wants, picked her up from home to school and vice versa,  introduced her to his friends, he was loyal to her but then he got dumped?

Rejected.

"But why..?" I asked cautiously. No, not that I was curious but I just felt like I need to be his friend that time, I don't know but I felt like he needs a shoulder to lean on and that's me.

"I.. I'll tell you soon enough. Hey, it's late.. I'll see you tomorrow bye Krys and thanks for being a good friend" Minhyuk said and I nodded my head as if he can see me.

"No biggy.. just call me if you need a friend"

"I will.. thanks again and bye" He said then hang up. I just stared straight into the ceiling and inagined what was he feeling.

Does it really hurt to get rejected? I don't really have an idea, I never even know love that time right?

I felt like a complete idiot before especially when it comes to love.

As Minhyuk got better, I can say that we got closer, we became inseperable that some of my friends thought that we are 'dating' but it never really crossed my mind.

I was young, I don't know anything at all.

Until that night when everything became clear to me. When everything was clarified and when I found out that maybe, just maybe I'm liking someone already.

"What are you doing?"

My phone rang and it revealed Minhyuk's name. Lazily picking it up, I typed a message back.

"Movie marathon"

Pressing the send button, I lightly throw my phone away at the other end of the couch.

"What movie?"

I grumbled. Reaching the remote, I paused what was watching and typed a message back.

"HSM"

"What?"

I groaned, he really have a lot of ways to annoy me and texting me in the wrong time is one of those.

It's not that I don't want to talk to him but hey it's my favorite movie we are talking about.

HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL.

I repeat.

HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL.

"It's High School Musical"

I typed back and after a few more messages sent to him I already got used to him texting me while I'm watching the television.

It had been a few hours too and I'm down with the last cd when I sent my classmates a group message saying.

"Down with the last cd, my eyes are swollen from watching several straight hours. What about you guys?"

After that I threw my phone back on the couch and concentrated watching the movie again wen suddenly my phone rang.

Picking it up, I saw Minhyuk's name flashed on the screen.

"Krys.. I need to tell you something"

It was just a message bit his voice rang into my head while saying this in the most serious tone. Furrowing my brows, I quickly typed a reply back.

"Alright. What  is it?"

I replied back.

"Remember when I told you that I'll give up on Sul?"

He asked.

"Yeah.. and why is that?"

I asked. I don't know but I found his messages weird.

"I like someone else"

Oh, he likes someone else-- What?

"Really? Should I say it's good?"

"You could say.."

"Can you tell me who?"

"It's you.."

Oh.. alright it's me. Wait what?! ME?!

I don't know what had gotten me that very second but I pressed the call button on my phone and waited for him to answer my call.

"Hey.." Minhyuk greeted me.

"What the heck did you just said?" I asked. No it's not that I hate him or whatever but I was surprised.

Me? Seriously? He liked the girl who's never the popular one?

"I like you.." He then said again and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't play pranks on me Kang Minhyuk. You thought I'll believe you? Better sleep" I said and sighed before shaking my head.

"I'm telling the truth Krys. I like you. Sul.. Yes I do like her as a friend but it never escalated into something more" Minhyuk reasoned out.

"You're kidding me. It wasn't something more? Hey you just said it yourself before that you're going to make her say yes" I said wanting to prove him that I'm right.

"It was a deal. My friends and I made a deal, they dared me if I can make her say yes but I know it's wrong that's why I gave up" Minhyuk said with his voice a notch higher this time.

"Minhyuk don't play games on me if this is just another dare for you" I said and I heard him sigh.

"You're never a game to me.. Believe me" Minhyuk said and I hang up. Maybe out of frustration I turned the t.v off and went to my room before clearing my mind.

Everything's a mess.

Days have passed and Minhyuk went after me. I'll be lying if I say that I don't feel giddy at times but he never let anyone know about this.

We're still in good terms until..

"Krys.. do you hate me?" Minhyuk asked me.

"No. Why?" I said shortly. "Because.. you haven't gave me your answer yet?" Minhyuk asked and I just sighed before pinching the bridge of my nose.

"I will.." I said.

"When?"

"Now"

Taking a deep breath, I managed to gather myself up before giving him my answer. After this, wouldn't I regret? After this, would we still be okay?

Will anything change?

"So what is it?" Minhyuk asked.

"It.. won't hurt if we give it a try right?" I asked with voice still hesitant. But I know that after all those days of continously being by my side, for the first time, I was the reason why he smiled.

"Yeah.. Yeah, I promise you" Minhyuk said with his voice full of excitement and happiness and I just smiled.

"But.."

"But what?" Minhyuk asked upon noticing the change of the tone in my voice.

"Can we just.. keep it a secret from others first? I don't want them to you know, in, in what we have now especially mom and dad and our teachers" I said and I heard him chuckle.

"I know.  Being the first couple in the campus is a big deal and I know that as soon as they'll find out about this they'll probably in so I understand. Let's take the time we have.." Minhyuk said and I smiled not even thinking that there's already a challenge coming against us.

"So, I think you're ready for the grad day.." My mentor suddenly spoke while I was busy typing some lists needed on our research. Turning my head to her, I smiled before nodding my head. 

"I'm more than ready.. I think" I said with a smile on my face but having the thought of going up the stage and making the the last message would be great especially that Minhyuk will be there watching me. I suddenly felt giddy as I unconciously chuckled. 

"It seems so.. By the way, I'll leave you first and take your time smiling there" My mentor said then left and I immediately stopped smiling. Did she just saw me chuckle? Urgh, I don't even know what Minhyuk did to me to be like this. I was the type of person who never really admits I love someone unless I've been with that person for long years but him..

He just made me fall for him in mere weeks.

"Hey.. are you busy?" Minhyuk asked and I looked up. He smiled at me and I can't help but to smile back at him, taking the chair beside me and sitting there, he looked at me straight in the eyes while still smiling.

"No, I'll be done in a few more minutes. Why?" I asked and Minhyuk nodded his head before looking at the computer screen while I just watched him. Unconciously, I lifted my hand up and caressed his cheek with my thumb making him look at me with his innocent yet beautiful eyes.

"Is there something wrong?" Minhyuk asked and I shook my head, I was about to put my hand down but he immediately grabbed it making my hand stay on his cheek. "Nothing.. Aren't you going home?" I asked and Minhyuk shook his head before giving me a small smile.

"I'll wait for you.." 

My research was a success, and our grad day was nearing and I can't help but to be excited over it. Minhyuk and I were doing well too but we never told our friends anything, my mentor found out about our relationship too. Why? It was because Minhyuk was just too happy that he told my mentor about it, I was mad at him at first because he broke his promise about keeping our relationship a secret but seeing him cry while asking for apology made me feel guilty too. 

So I didn't have any choice but to forgive him, I got a light scolding from my mentor but she said that it was fine as long as we both know what we're doing. It was the last day of practice for the grad ceremony and I've been at school since early in the morning practicing everything that was in the program, of course, Minhyuk can't be there since we weren't classmates but he calls me every hour checking me out.

"How's the practice?" Minhyuk asked as soon as I got home, of course he wasn't with me instead, he's on the phone calling me. I would not let dad see him too since I know that dad will be mad about this but I just learned to love him that's why I don't want to break up with him, other than that, I don't want to lose this relationship we're having now.

"It was tiring.." I said as I climbed up and the stairs and entered my room. "Really? Is my baby tired?" Minhyuk asked and I chuckled. Although I opposed him about calling me that, he just did it still saying that he just wants to call me that way and not my name. He said it makes him feel happier when he calls me baby, he said that it just proves that I'm really his.

"I am.. let me call you later alright? I'll just help mom cook the dinner" I said and I heard him hum on the other line. "Alright.. Can I come over there too and eat dinner with you? It's lonely here" He said making me chuckle before shaking my head. I wanted him to meet my parents too but we are both afraid, we're too young to handle the problems too if ever one of our parents opposes this relationship we have.

"I hope you can.. I'm sorry" I said and I heard him sigh. "Don't worry, I don't want my baby down. Just go cook dinner and eat. I'll call you later" He said and I nodded my head as if he can see me. My whole night was spent that way, talking to him and not even minding if I have to wake up early for the grad day tomorrow, I just want to hear his voice before going to sleep.

"Krys.. Sleep now. I'll sing to you" Minhyuk said right after he noticed that it was already one in the morning. It was our habit already ever since we started dating, I never really want to go to sleep unless he sings to me until I close my eyes and not answer back to him anymore.

"Really? Alright then.." I said and I closed my eyes hearing his soft voice. Soon, I drifted off to dreamland. 


"I just want to thank everyone who supported me throughout the whole school year, for the people who became my inspiration and for the people who supported me even when I, myself doesn't even believe in making my research successful anymore. For those people who loved me.. and for those people who I love. Thank you" I said and I ended my speech. But all throughout, my eyes are only glued to him, Minhyuk.

The ceremony is slowly coming to an end and my phone is just on my hands, I wasn't even listening to the speech given by our principal since I was focused on answering back Minhyuk's message. 

"Congratulations.." He messaged me.

"Thanks.." I answered back as I finally stood up. Soon, the ceremony ended and everyone was there in their places taking pictures and remembrance of that day's event. I was looking around, trying to find my mom and dad but instead I spotted Minhyuk standing a few meters away too. He seemed like he's looking for his parents too, I was about to approach him but I saw his dad approached him first and I heard my name being called.

I sighed. Maybe I can just have some time alone with him later.

Later that night, dad took us out for dinner which made it harder for me to contact him. Until I fell asleep and forgot to call him anymore because of my tiredness..

Four months later..

"I can't believe we're going to see each other again" I said and smiled widely knowing that our vacation is ending already and I'm going to see him again. "Me too.. I'm excited" He said with an excited voice that made me smile. All those four months, we had been through a couple of rough times, there's this time when he got jealous about my closeness with one of my friends that it made us argue and not talk the whole day, there's also this time when I thought I could see him but I found out that they visited his grandparents back at the province, there's also this time where he sneaked out of the house late night just because he wants to talk to me and her sister found out about it and his dad 'almost' kicked him out of the house.

But spite of that, Minhyuk never thought about leaving me, we even planned about telling our relationship to my parents until..

A few days before our school starts again, the sky outside my room was as dull as my mood. The days seems to have passed slower than before and it made me feel frustrated about seeing Minhyuk again.

"Hey there.." I greeted as soon as I answered Mínhyuk's call. "Hey.." Minhyuk said weakly.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked and I heard him sighed. This made me feel worried about him, this made me feel like something is going to happen.

"I want to tell you something.." Minhyuk said and I nodded my head as if he can see me. "What is it?" I asked and I heard him took a deep breath.

"Let's break up.." He said and I felt like nothing happened to me. Like it never hurted me at all I as abruptly agreed at him. 

"Is that so?" I asked while furrowing my brows. "Alright then.. Let's break up" I announced and hang up before taking a seat on my bed. 

Did we really broke up? 

A year later..

Right after those that came from both of us, we never really talked about it. I never talked to him nor he did to me. I transfered to another school but after a week, my parents decided to take me back to my old school saying that I wasn't doing well there at my new school but even when I came back, everything is still the same.

No, those days right after we broke up. It seems like nothing really happened, it seemed like nothing ever happened to us, we never talked but I never felt the pain I should have went through right after breaking up with him. It's not that I don't want to feel that pain but I never really experienced it at first, but now that a year had passed, everything slowly gets to me. 

Slowly, after a year, I felt the pain I should have felt the moment he asked us to break up.

Weird right? I never felt the pain right after we broke up but after seemingly a year, that's when everything occured clearly to me. That I was hurt. Also after a year, that's when our friends found out that we dated, they teased us and asked us to get together again but Minhyuk never said anything about it. We never talked and it killed me, slowly, I felt the pain little by little.

The pain I should have felt a year ago just happened how when a lot of things had changed. When a long time had already passed.

"You should really talk to him Krys.. He said he's willing to talk to you if you let him to" Kangta oppa said and Boa unnie nodded with him. Well, they're my sunbaes and close friends of Minhyuk too. They were the ones who found out about my relationship with Minhyuk first and they asked me to patch things up with him since it's already been a year that we ignored each other.

"I don't know.." I said as I took a seat on one of the chairs at that vacant room. Boa unnie just sighed before kneeling infront of me and looking straight into me eyes..

"Do it please.." Boa unnie said then she turned to Kangta oppa and he opened the door. Soon, Minhyuk entered. 

"We'll leave you two first.. better patch things up or you'll be dead by tomorrow" Boa unnie said before leaving two alone. Minhyuk took a seat beside me and I just moved my chair away looking out of the window, I heard him sighed and soon after, he took my hand as he started to speak.

"I'm sorry Krys.. For hurting you" Minhyuk said and I just bit my lower lip preventing myself from crying. Why does it even hurt now when it's already a year that had passed? I never felt this when we broke up, how come now? 

"You shouldn't have asked me to date you if you planned to leave me like that.." I said with my voice full of anger. Of course I was, why wouldn't I right when I heard that he dated me just because I took his joke seriously. Everyone on the campus said that him asking me to be his girlfriend was just a big joke and I fell into it. 

"I admit I planned to play a prank on you the day I told you that I like you but believe me Krys.. I really fell inlove with you and I didn't take it as a joke anymore, I hated myself even more when I know that you're hurting like this. I never wanted us to be this way and I never wanted you to believe my lies anymore that's why I asked you to break up with me but believe me.. I love you.. I really do" Minhyuk said as his grip on my hand tightened. There, I saw him looked down and tears flowed out from his eyes.

He mean it. I know he mean every words he said but my mind was telling me not to do so.

"I do love you too.. but let's just be friends and forget about this. I just don't want to get played anymore" I said as I removed my hands from his hands. I stood up and faced him with a weak smile on my face..

"We should let go of each other now.. maybe we aren't meant to be together" I said as I turned my back and tried to walk away. 

"Just give me one more chance please..." I heard Minhyuk say but the pain in my heart keeps on getting harder and harder for me to bear with and even it was painful for me too. I sighed and turned to him before hugging him tight and kissing his cheek, the first time I did after all the days I spent with him. I looked straight into his eyes, I don't know if I can even love him still anymore so I sighed, I don't want him to run after me anymore nor I want to get hurt again that's why I decided to end things up that day.

It was painful, but I know that I have to do it.

He has to hear those words from me, he has to hear those for the last time so he can let go of the last string he's holding on to hold me back.

"Let's break up today.." I said with a weak smile and turned my self away. Maybe it was wrong, maybe it was foolish but sometimes we find it hard to hold on to something that was never meant to be held on to that's why we should learn how to say goodbye.

Because if you let it go and it comes back.. It's meant to be.

But if not.. then it's not meant to be..

and that's what we are, so I'm saying goodbye..

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:  KaiStal up next~