Chapter Five: A Bit Of A Filler

You Really Got Me

Chapter 5

The next day I woke up hangover but happy. I mean at first I wasn’t even sure if I liked Kibum but after yesterday I knew I was attracted to him. At the end of the night he hadn’t even tried to kiss me because I was drunk. He didn’t want to take advantage of me in case my judgement was impaired. And let’s be honest, it was.

But life had to go on. It was Tuesday, so it meant school and work. No magic or cute boys will help me escape that Hell. And now I had to worry about Yoo Ra too.

At school, I had tried to avoid her but it was hard as we were in the same class. And there were only so many times I can go to the restroom during break time. So finally, at lunch she cornered me. Literary. I was sitting at a table in the far corner hoping she wouldn’t notice me. Being a white girl amongst bunch of Koreans wasn’t an advantage.

Yoo Ra dropped her lunch tray next to mine. –Did you bomb that test too? I just don’t get maths like what’s the point of it? Sorry mom, but I’d rather become a stripper than do another of those god awful trigonometry questions. - She rambled on. I guess she was really upset. That was the only time she talked about becoming a stripper.

-If you’re failing trigonometry then just ask someone to tutor you and that excludes me. At the moment I’m barely passing any of my classes, except English, obviously. - I was rubbish at giving advice but I did try.

-I have tried but even the best have declared me to be a lost case. My mom says that I should go to an academy, she is even ready to pay for it but they do further mathematics and if I can’t follow at school then what’s the point really? - She sounded hopeless. –But enough about that. Have you been ignoring me, Harley? Or have you got a really bad case of diarrhoea?-

-Uh, the second one? - I didn’t know how to escape the situation.

-You really are a rubbish liar. I mean, come on! - Her eyes narrowed. –Was it really that bad? Did his breath stink or something?-

I thought back to yesterday and Kibum’s breath against my neck. I blushed. –His breath was fine. And so was the date. Can we just not talk about boys for one day? - I sighed.

-No, Harley! We are teenage girls, so boys are the main part of our conversations, second being make-up. Ugh, it’s like you’ve never watched any teenage dramas. - She rolled her eyes at me. –Do you expect me not to be curious? I mean, it’s the first time my dongseng has been on a date. I feel like a proud mother. - Yoo Ra wiped a fake tear from her eye.

-Shut up! - I threw a piece of pickled radish at her. She did make a good point, though.

-So are you talking or do I have to start reminiscing about that time when had the biggest crush on Moon Hee-Joon?-

Those were very dark times for me. I mentally shivered. –Okay, fine. It was nice. He took me to a fancy restaurant and we talked a lot.-

-And then? - She wiggled her eyebrows.

-And then nothing, he took me home. - I deadpanned. Inside I was whishing there would have been more. But they do say, best things come for those who wait.

-So you didn’t even kiss! You’re too pure, I swear to god! Did you at least hold hands?-

-No but he did hold me by my waist. - I smiled, remembering his manly scent.

Just then my phone buzzed. A text form none other than my date. Maybe, soon-to-be-boyfriend.

How’s your head? J  

I’m managing. But the cafeteria food’s not helping much. :D I wrote my reply but then my finger hovered above the send button, wondering if I’ll seem too eager if I answer this quickly.

-Is he texting you? - Yoo Ra asked, trying to snatch my phone.

-Yeah, should I answer now, though? Or should I wait a little? - I questioned, keeping the phone away from her grasp.

-Why would you? I mean when a guy frees his schedule just to text you, it means he fancies you. - She said while plopping back in her seat.

I understood where she was coming from. And idols probably have quite busy lives. Ah, let’s be honest, I don’t know anything about the k-pop star lifestyle! So, I just sent the message.

Soon enough came the reply from the star himself.

L!!! Was it a nice date anyways?

Now I wasn’t waiting to answer. I already told you yesterday. Or do you still don’t believe the drunk me????

My phone buzzed. I wasn’t sure how much you remembered. You were pretty hammered yesterday. And just from a few glasses of wine :D

I laughed. That . I thought that guys should be romantic if they’re trying to seduce a girl!!

Who says I’m trying to seduce you???

Wow, rude!!! I replied back.

-Is the great, unsocial Harley actually texting with someone? - Yoo Ra finally exclaimed after quietly watching me texting. –I’m hurt. You don’t even text with me. ‘Oh, just call me, you know I won’t reply anyways.’- She was mimicking me.

I stuck my tongue out at her. –Real grown up, Harley! - She laughed.

-I don’t know what’s happening to me, either. I mean, I haven’t been this happy for a long time. And it seems like he actually likes me. There won’t be any chance like this ever again. -  One of my greatest fears was dying alone in a flat surrounded by cats. And after my death they’d eat my flesh and the neighbours would find me with missing limbs and only one eye. I shivered from the thought.

-You’re making this out like he’s a celebrity or something. Come on, there will be at least another boy or two who’ll try to get into your pants. Don’t get your in a bunch because of this one dude.-

Her wisdom made my guts churn. She was spot on, good thing she didn’t realize it. I laughed awkwardly. –Yeah, I guess you’re right.-

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Aaand, that's all folks!! I've been a bit stuck with ideas to continue this story... Also my exams are coming up and the deadlines for my coursework so it makes me tired and uninspired. I'm sorry if this lacks quality and I promise to make the next one better....

Love u <3!!!!