Don't go

Don't go.

(Just a heads up, this is not proof read so please pardon any mistakes!) 

 
"Channie! Ice cream ice cream!" Byunghun tugged on Chanhee's sleeve excitedly. 
 
"Hmm? You want ice cream byunghoney ah?" Chanhee gently ruffled Byunghun's hair. 
 
He nodded, giggling as he hugged his bunny plushie tighter to his chest. "Mmmm byungie wants." 
 
Chanhee smiled as he set down his laptop and grabbed a leather jacket to put on himself before pulling another navy blue hoodie over Byunghun's head to put it on for him. 
 
"Hot, hot byungie hot!" Byunghun whined as he tugged at the hoodie. 
 
"It'll be cold outside baby. We need to keep warm." Chanhee holds Byunghun's hand tight as he led Byunghun out of the house, not forgetting to remind Byunghun to put on his shoes. 
 
Byunghun grinned as he skipped down the pathway, still tightly clutching his bunny plushie in his right arm while holding Chanhee's hand with his left.
 
"Be careful, you're going to trip and all if you keep bouncing like, the pathway is slippery. Look it's wet." 
 
As if Chanhee had jinxed it, Byunghun slipped after hopping into a puddle. 
 
"Oh my god are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere? Byunghoney ah!" Chanhee hastily bend down to check on Byunghun who has started to cry. 
 
"Channie! Painful!" Byunghun sniffed and pointed to his scrapped ankle. 
 
Chanhee wipes Byunghun's tears away and blows on his wound. "It's okay honey yah. After I blow on it for you it's won't hurt anymore okay. Don't cry." 
 
Byunghun bit his lips and nodded, "ice cream?" He pouted.
 
"Yes baby I haven't forgotten, we're heading for it now." 
 
-.-.- 
 
"Starberry starberry!" Byunghun jumped up and down excitedly in front of the ice cream counter, attracting judgmental stares from passerbys which none of the two seem to care. 
 
Chanhee chuckled and patted Byunghun lightly on his head, "Strawberry? Again?" 
 
"Starberry!" 
 
"Ani Byunghoney ah... It's strawberry. Look at my lips. S-t-r-a-w-berry." Chanhee pointed to his lips as Byunghun giggled and pecked Chanhee's lips lightly. 
 
"Starberry! Twinkle twinkle starberry!" 
 
Chanhee sighed and shook his head. What a way to steal a kiss huh. 
 
-.-.- 
 
"Is it good?" 
 
Byunghun nodded enthusiastically. "Yummy starberry!" 
 
Chanhee smiled affectionately and wiped Byunghun's ice cream stained lips. 
 
"Shall we go home?" 
 
"We go home? Byungie tired." Byunghun snuggled closer to Chanhee. 
 
"Okay Byunghoney, let's go home..."
 
-.-.- 
 
"Byunghoney... Wake up honey. The sun has been up a long time ago." Chanhee gently shook Byunghun awake. 
 
"Mmmm... Good morning Channie." Byunghun greeted Chanhee adorably as he rubbed his eyes. 
 
"Go wash up okay baby. Breakfast will be served very soon." Chanhee kissed Byunghun on his forehead before guiding the sleepy boy into the toilet. 
 
-.-.-
 
"Oh dear... How could we be out of milk. Aish how could I have forgotten to replenish it. Byunghun needs his milk..." Chanhee groaned as he slapped his forehead with his palm.
 
"Byunghoney ah! Channie will go to the market to get milk. I'll be back really soon. Please be careful. Don't touch anything dangerous." 
 
Making a haste decision he decided to leave Byunghun alone at home to go out and buy the milk. He was so focused on the fact that he wanted to quickly buy it and return home that he forgot to make sure Byunghun heard and understood him from the toilet before leaving. 
 
-.-.- 
 
"Baby. I'm back. Time for breakfast!" Chanhee shouted once he stepped into their home. 
 
"Byunghoney baby?" 
 
Silence. The house was quiet. Far too quiet. Something was very wrong. 
 
"Honey...? Oh !" Chanhee panicked. The bathroom was empty, the rooms were empty, the entire house was empty. 
 
And a thunderstorm had started to rage outside...
 
Chanhee bolted out of the door immediately. 
 
"Byunghun ah! Lee Byunghun where're you?" Tears had made its way down Chanhee's chubby cheeks and mixed into the rainwater pelting on his skin harshly. 
 
"Byunghun please..." 
 
"I've already lost you once. Don't do this to me again..." 
 
"Byunghun?"
 
Soft whimpers could be heard as Chanhee spotted a curled up figure at the corner of the small alleyway. 
 
"Channie? Channie!" Byunghun leaped into Chanhee's arms as he sobbed loudly. 
 
"Channie, Byungie scared. Byungie very very scared. Channie left. Byungie couldn't find Channie." He was shaking badly in the cold, wearing only his thin pajamas. 
 
"Channie. Don't go." 
 
Chanhee froze. That was the exact same words Byunghun had said before that life changing incident. 
 
"Channie won't go. Channie will never leave Byunghoney again. I promise."
 
-.-.-
 
Flashback
 
Byunghun hummed happily as he put the freshly baked and decorated cake into a box. 
 
"Hopefully Channie will like this." He smiled to himself, satisfied with the final product that he had spent the entire day baking and decorating for their anniversary. 
 
Chanhee had been very busy with work lately, barely even coming home at all and Byunghun hadn't seen him in weeks.
 
Oh how he missed his love. 
 
He quickly cleaned up the mess in the kitchen and changed into a set of fresh outfit before heading out with the cake carefully held in his hands. 
 
-.-.-
 
"Chan..." Byunghun gasped in shock at the sight presented in front of him. The box of cake fell to the floor with a loud thud. 
 
Tangled up with a girl was Chanhee on the sofa at the corner of his office room, completely . Their clothes were scattered untidily all over the floor. 
 
"Channie.....?" Byunghun whispered. "I must be dreaming..." A tear rolled down his cheek. 
 
"Yah Lee Byunghun what are you doing here?!" Chanhee shouted harshly as he tried to hastily put on his clothes as the girl did the same. 
 
"Channie wae... Why must you do this to me...? Waeyo..." By now streams of tears have already cascaded down Byunghun's flawless complexion.
 
"Well, I'm sick and tired of baby-ing you. As simple as that. As a man I have my needs. And I absolutely hate it when I get called a gay every time I'm with you. You get it Byunghun? We're done. I'm done with you you pathetic piece of that never grows up. Stop living in your fantasy world. This is reality Lee Byunghun." Chanhee smirked as he tidied up his tie and held onto the girl's hand. 
 
"Let's go Minah." 
 
"No... Channie please. I'm sorry..." Byunghun chased the couple out into the streets. "Channie! Don't leave me! Please... Cha..."
 
BANG
 
THUD
 
"Argh..." 
 
Chanhee immediately whipped his head back at the loud sound of the impact.
 
His heart skipped a beat. He wanted to scream but nothing came out. 
 
"Byung! Byunghun!" 
 
There Byunghun lay right in front of a grey truck motionlessly, soaked in his own pool of crimson. 
 
"Byunghun. Hold on. The ambulance is coming. Just hold on..." Chanhee cradled the broken boy in his arms lightly as he held Byunghun's fragile small hand into his. "Minah call the ambulance please! Now!" 
 
The Minah girl rolled her eyes as she punched 119 into her cellphone. 
 
"Ch... Cha...nnie... Don't.... G...go...." Byunghun coughed out as blood started to make it's way out of his mouth. His grip on Chanhee's hand weakened slipping from his grasp onto the ground as his eyes slowly shut themselves. 
 
-.-.- 
 
"TBI. Traumatic brain injury. In simplified terms brain damage. It's the cause of the patient's mental retardation." The doctor explained poker faced as he flipped some documents. 
 
Chanhee looked like he had just been slapped on the face. 
 
Waiting for months for Byunghun to wake up only to be told that Byunghun will never be the same anymore. 
 
It's painful. Too painful. 
 
But it was his fault. 
 
He was the one who killed Byunghun. Inside and out. 
 
End of flashback. 
 
-.-.- 
 
"Channie stay, stay please. Byungie selfish. Byungie needs Channie to stay with Byungie forever."
 
"Channie. Don't go." 
 
Now Byunghun needs way more care and attention. But this time, Chanhee won't go. 
 
Never.
 
Chanhee will never leave Byunghun's side ever again. It's a promise. 
 
 
A promise that won't be broken this time. 
 
-.-.-
 
Soooooo... Sequel anyone? <- honestly got 0 idea how it'll go about but am quite tempted to brainstorm one up. 
Comments deeply appreciated. Let me know how you feel! Hope you guys enjoyed this one even though it's a little angsty. 
(I may or may not like angst a tiny bit too much. *cough I used to be a tragic story writer back on winglin ahha cough*) 
 
Till next time! 
 
Xoxo