Chapter 4: Blue

The taste of colors

Blue: the color of trust, peace, loyalty and integrity.

 

When Sunggyu woke up on Saturday morning and saw the sleeping face of his baby brother, he thought that maybe he had been a little too harsh on him. He smiled, moved a strand of hair that was falling on his brother’s face and got up. He looked at the clock: 8:53. Given that Sungjong wouldn’t usually wake up before ten, it gave him time to take a shower and go buy breakfast.

As he was standing under the hot water, he started to play back the evening before in his head. Even though it ended… almost in a murder, he couldn’t help but think it was still a very good evening. Violet, the color of imagination. Never would he have imagined going up on a scene in a bar to sing, or even being able to feel Woohyun’s breath on his lips. Well, maybe he had imagined that one. The man was just too handsome for anyone sane not to have thoughts like that about him. Sunggyu thought about the different feelings that had filled him last night – good and bad –, feelings that he hadn’t felt for way too long. And for the first time, he thought that he might like violet. He thought about the week before, the laughter of his two friends, the music and the chatter with the barman and he thought that he liked orange as well. However, he felt his heart pound against his ribcage when he thought of the first evening he had spent with the barman. The rock band, the atmosphere, the weight of the alcohol on his brain, the invasive and compelling taste, the intoxicating feeling. The more he thought about it, the more he felt like going crazy. He needed to know what color that was, because that one was definitely the best.

After his shower, Sunggyu went to the store then to a nearby bakery to buy some orange juice, strawberry jam and croissants. It was now fifteen minutes to ten, but he was starting to be really hungry, so he decided to wake his brother up anyway. He cut the croissants in half, put some jam on them just like Sungjong liked it, served two glasses of orange juice and put them on a tray before going to his room. Sungjong woke up in a very good mood that day, probably because the first thing he saw was a croissant.

“I shouldn’t have done this. Now I have to wash the covers.” Sunggyu looked around the two of them and saw all the crumbs on the bed.

Sungjong, with his mouth stuffed with food, answered: “It doesn’t matter, you love to eat in bed and you know it!”

Sunggyu ruffled in his little brother’s hair and smiled. “That’s because I only do it when you’re here.” Sungjong rolled his eyes, just like every time his brother said something sweet like that, even though, inside, he was really happy. But when he heard Sunggyu sigh, he knew it was explanation time.

“Songjongie… Look, I’m sorry about my reaction yesterday. I mean, you’re an adult and you do what you want and I shouldn’t have been that mad. But… why the hell did you kiss my friend when you knew very well he had a boyfriend, which happens to be my boss? Also…” Sungjong waited for his brother to continue, even though he kind of knew what his next question would be. “… are you gay? Why didn’t you tell me about it?” He already knew the answer to his question, since his did witness his brother making out with a guy after all, but he was still a bit hurt that his brother hadn’t told him. They had always told each other everything and, last time he saw Sungjong, he still liked girls.

“It’s not that I didn’t want to tell you, but I actually understood that I was gay just recently and I wanted to tell you yesterday, but… we didn’t really have time to ourselves, right?” He smiled at his brother, who forgave him in an instant. “Oh, and said it to mom and dad… Mom cried, saying they definitely would never have any grandchildren, but I guess it went ok.” The elder chuckled. He could very well imagine his mom making a drama about grandchildren: she had had the same reaction when Sunggyu had told them. But he frowned once again, trying to look angry.

“Ok, now back to the point where you acted stupid and made me get mad at my boss on the phone.”

Sungjong chuckled. “I didn’t force you to get mad at your boss, you know! Okay, so… you know how Sungyeol just kept talking about his boyfriend all evening? Well, it went worse with the alcohol. At some point, I got kind of sick of it and told him to call Myungsoo, but he refused. I even tried to steal his phone to call him myself, but his reflexes were quite good for a drunk man. So-“

“So you kissed him?” Sunggyu was giving him the are-you-kidding-me look again and Sungjong rolled his eyes.

“Are you going to let me explain or not? But yes, I kissed him. I guess it was partly because I wanted him to shut up, partly because I know you too well and I knew you would call his boyfriend, and partly because… Sungyeol is kind of y.” Sungjong laughed at the incredulous look on his brother’s face. “Come on Sunggyu! I’m not ten years old anymore, I’m allowed to have fun, right? You can see it as killing two birds with one stone.” He thought about it for a second. “Well, three birds I guess.”

Sunggyu sighed once again. “You really are a little devil, you know that?”

Sungjong stuck his tongue out at him. After a few seconds of silence, he talked again. “But I was kind of impressed, you know? That Woohyun guy even managed to drag you on a stage! And when I thought you would just run out, you stayed there and actually sung in front of all these people.”

Sunggyu shifted from his sitting position to lie down in the bed again, his hands behind his head and after a few seconds, his brother laid down on his right side to face him, waiting for his answer.

“Some crap about violet being the color of imagination or something.”

“Stop acting all grumpy when you can barely hold back your smile!” Sunggyu blushed at the remark. “And when did you start to blush so much? You used to say it was very unmanly.” He didn’t let his brother a chance to answer though. “You changed.” Sunggyu turned to face him, a confused look on his face. “He changed you somehow. You smile more, you laugh more. Not just with me, because Sungyeol told me you were everyday ‘creepier’. His words.”

Sunggyu thought about his brother’s words. Did he really change? Now that he thought about it, some things had changed: he was sometimes bored by his job, felt lonely in his empty apartment and went out a little more – he actually went out more often in this past month than he had in the last year, which sounded kind of sad put like that. And it was true; all these changes started to happen that day when he met the barman and he went to drink that gray drink in the crowded bar.

“He said we should have dinner some day.” It was just a sentence, but it somehow sounded like a question. Something about his tone was unsure, maybe a little lost. Sungjong was about to say something, but didn’t when he saw that his brother wanted to add something else. “He almost kissed me yesterday.” This time, he blushed madly and hid his face in the pillow in embarrassment. Seriously, he was doing what he was always reprimanding others about: acting like a high school girl in love. Sungjong laughed at the sight. It wasn’t every day that he could see his brother acting like that. Only when Sungjong started to talk again did Sunggyu dare to look at him.

“I don’t even understand why that didn’t happen yet. I mean, you’re obviously really attracted to him-” He winked at his older brother, who hid his face once again. “-and if he weren’t he wouldn’t invite you to his bar every week. Why did he almost kiss you anyway? Don’t tell me you ran away like the high school girl you’re acting as right now?”

Sunggyu seemed to forget for a second to be embarrassed and threw an angry glare at his brother. “Myungsoo arrived.”

Sungjong laughed. “Well, now I can understand why you were so angry at me, you should have started with that!” Sunggyu’s only answer was to throw his pillow in his brother’s pretty face, who only laughed more.

After they calmed down, Sungjong asked another question. “Did you accept his dinner offer?” Sunggyu nodded. “Good. Because you know, you changing… I think it’s a good thing. You’re finally opening up to the world and you seem more… happy.”

 

* * *

 

The week-end had ended without any further events and Sunggyu was in the gray elevator of his office building once again. Somehow, he wasn’t feeling as calm as he usually did when on his way to his office, probably because at some point he realized that getting mad at his boss might have been a bad idea. Sunggyu was going along well with his boss of course – even more since Sungyeol had started to date him – but he was still his boss, and he could kick him out of the company whenever he wanted. On the other hand, if Myungsoo and Sungyeol were finished, he would probably have to comfort his friend for the whole day – and maybe the whole week, or month. As the doors of the elevator opened at his floor, he really hoped the two men had gotten over their couple problems.

He made his way to his desk, put his things down and looked over at Sungyeol’s cubicle. He wasn’t there. He felt a wave of nervousness crash into his stomach and tried to reason logically. It wasn’t necessarily bad news that Sungyeol wasn’t there, right? Even the voice in his head didn’t sound so sure though. Then, he looked at his boss’ door, which was closed and sighed before sitting down at his desk. Myungsoo was a nice boss and everyone could go to his office, but when the door was closed – which only happened when he was really busy – nobody would dare to come in. Only once had Sunggyu seen someone go in when the door was closed and, when he came back, his face was really pale. An angry Myungsoo could be quite frightening.

Sunggyu opened a document he hadn’t finished and tried to concentrate on it. He still saw the black letters on the white page, but somehow his brain didn’t want to catch the meaning of the words in front of his eyes. His mind wasn’t there. He read a sentence then saw Woohyun’s face pop up in his mind, thought of the lyrics of the song he had sang on that stage just three days ago or remembered the taste of the violet drink on his tongue. Sunggyu wasn’t even looking at his computer screen anymore. Suddenly, looking at a poster on the wall, he asked himself what color the hot air balloon in the picture was. He blinked at the thought, shook his head and tried to concentrate on the white screen again. What importance did the color of that hot air balloon have? None.

A few minutes later, he felt a hand on his shoulder and jumped in his chair. He had finally been able to concentrate and now he was disturbed by Sungyeol again. Seriously, that brat never learned.

“Yah, Lee Sungyeol! Seriously, you brat! How many ti-” He stopped his sentence at once when he saw his boss’ face, arching an eyebrow at him. Behind him was Sungyeol, a huge – and really stupid, according to Sunggyu – smile on his face.

“Well, hello to you too, Sunggyu.” The latter stood up and bowed in apology and he swore he could see Sungyeol’s smile get even bigger at that. He wasn’t usually a violent person, but he really felt like punching that face all of a sudden. He reported his attention on Myungsoo before talking.

“Sorry, I thought it was Sungyeol… He kind of has a tendency to scare me all the time.” He didn’t think he would ever see an evil grin on Myungsoo’s face. Actually, he thought his boss was basically too handsome to be able to look evil at all. However, the grin on his face right now made Sunggyu gulp.

“I know.” He paused for a few seconds and, during this time, erased the evil grin on his face. “What about you go and have lunch with us now?”

Sunggyu took a look at the clock. Oh. It was already noon. He definitely didn’t have any notion of the time when he was working. His eyes travelled back to the evil couple and he hesitated. However, he thought that he probably shouldn’t refuse his boss’ invitation. He nodded.

 

They went to a small restaurant not far from their work, since they only had an hour for lunch break anyway – even though they could probably stay out longer and not get in trouble, since Myungsoo was the boss, after all. It was awkward for a few minutes, but the three men quickly started to chat about small things. Only when they had finished eating did Myungsoo clear his throat and Sunggyu knew immediately what he was going to talk about. He was less nervous than before though: if the man had wanted to fire him, he wouldn’t have acted that way all along. He didn’t expect the words that came out of Myungsoo’s mouth though.

“Sunggyu, about Friday… thank you.” Sunggyu looked at the man with wide eyes. Sungyeol’s smile had disappeared.

“Eerr… what? I mean, I got mad at you and told you, you know…” He didn’t know how to explain things. Obviously, he couldn’t say something like ‘Your boyfriend was making out with my baby brother, so I guess we’re good’. Definitely too harsh when it came to his boss. Myungsoo sighed.

“Thank you for calling me.” He pointed at his boyfriend. “He really acted like an idiot.” Sungyeol seemed to be very interested in his own knees. “Even if I guess I acted like an idiot as well. Anyway, we sorted it out and I guess it’s partly thanks to you.”

Sunggyu smiled at the look the two men exchanged at that moment.

 

They had just gone out of the restaurant when Sunggyu heard his ringtone. He took his phone out of his pocket and read the name on the screen. Sungyeol read it too and made that annoying smile once again.

“Now that I’m in a normal state of mind again, you’d better tell me what’s going on with that y barman!” Sunggyu’s first thought was that maybe Sungyeol shouldn’t call other guys y for a while, given the events of last Friday, but Myungsoo didn’t seem to mind. So Sunggyu just scoffed at him.

“Never.”

He ignored the protest of his colleague and picked up his phone while making a gesture to Myungsoo to go back first. Hopefully, his boss was a little bit more mature than his stupid friend and went away as told, dragging a pouting Sungyeol behind him.

“Hello?” He wasn’t sure what to say or what tone to use. He was usually very awkward on the phone, and talking with the man who had almost kissed him three days ago was worse.

“Sunggyu? How are you?” Sunggyu automatically smiled. He had no idea why, but Woohyun’s voice was oddly calming. He was certain, even though he would never have any proof of it, that he could hear Woohyun smile. His voice was different on the phone. Moreover he had never talked to Woohyun in a quiet environment, since they always met at the bar. Well, there was that time when the barman brought him home, but the memory was not totally… clear.

“Better than expected actually. You?” He heard Woohyun chuckle at the other end of the line. Seriously, could that man ever be down?

“I’m good. You have a weird way to say you’re fine, you know that? Something good happened?”

“Well, Myungsoo and Sungyeol are still together and seem happier than ever, and I didn’t get fired because of last Friday, so I guess it’s something.”

“Of course they’re still together! Your boss wouldn’t have come running for Sungyeol at that hour if it was to dump him.” Sunggyu hadn’t even thought of that, but he guessed it made sense. “Anyway, you remember when I invited you to have dinner with me?”

Sunggyu blushed in the middle of the street. He saw two high school girls pass next to him and giggle while looking at him and he cursed inside. Damn body! He nodded then realized you couldn’t hear nods on the phone. He cursed inside once more, thought he was really stupid and finally answered ‘yes’.

“Well, I take it back.” Sunggyu’s heart skipped a beat and he stopped walking abruptly.

“… What?”

He heard a really loud laugh at the other end of the line and blushed even more – if that was possible. “You should’ve heard your voice right now, it was too funny!” For the first time, Woohyun’s laugh annoyed him.

“Yah! Stop making fun of me Woohyun! If it’s just to play with my nerves, I’m going back to work!”

The barman couldn’t stop laughing and, even though Sunggyu said that, he still waited for him to catch his breath. “Haha you really miss me that much?” This time, Sunggyu didn’t even try to answer to that stupid barman. Maybe because he couldn’t trust his voice at that instant, too busy hiding his bright red face.

“Here is the thing: I thought of another color, but this time I won’t make a cocktail for it. The drama from last Friday made me think that maybe alcohol and your friends don’t mix well.” Sunggyu could have felt hurt by the remark, but he knew from Woohyun’s amused voice that he didn’t mean it in a bad way. “I thought of having dinner, but then I thought of something better!” There it was. Woohyun’s exited child-like voice. Sunggyu knew what face he was making right now. “Are you doing something on Saturday afternoon?”

Sunggyu didn’t even have to think about it. First, he never had any plans at all. Second, even if he had, he definitely would have postponed them to see Woohyun. “No, I’m not.”

“Perfect! I’ll come pick you up at two then! Now go back to work! Bye!”

“Bye.” Sunggyu looked at his phone. Woohyun didn’t even leave a chance for him to refuse. He smiled. That man was so stubborn.

 

When he went back to the office, he heard a lot of people whispering. He soon learned that it was because Myungsoo and Sungyeol had come back in the office while holding hands. He smiled.

 

* * *

 

Saturday, Sunggyu woke up with a strange feeling, a mix of nervousness, excitement and something he couldn’t quite put his finger on. It was still early, but he could never sleep late. He got up, ate his breakfast, took a shower and switched on the TV. After a few minutes, he got bored and switched if off. He took a book, tried to read it, failed to concentrate and closed it again. He sighed, opened his laptop, checked his emails once, twice. He looked at the clock. Half past nine. He had no idea where this restlessness was coming from and didn’t want to think about it, but he realized he was going to die from boredom if he waited until two like that. He took his phone, searched for Dongwoo’s number and realized how rare it was to call him first.

“Sunggyu! Are you okay?”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. Would his friend understand one day that he had a life? “I’m fine. I was just calling to ask if you wanted to have lunch with me.”

On the other end of the line, he heard his friend scream: “Hoya! Sunggyu is inviting me for dinner! Do you think I should call an ambulance?!”

After a few minutes of bickering during which Sunggyu tried to convince his friend that he was, basically, a normal human being, they arranged to meet an hour later – Dongwoo had just woken up – and to go grab a coffee before going to the restaurant.

 

Dongwoo was silent. Just that fact was extremely weird, but he was also eyeing at Sunggyu with a suspicious look. Which was even weirder. Dongwoo was never suspicious of anything; he always believed everything people told him, sometimes too much for his own good. Sunggyu sighed once again.

“Ok, can you stop looking at me like that and tell me what’s going on?”

Dongwoo put his coffee mug on the table in a dramatic manner that made Sunggyu roll his eyes. “You’re weird. Like, really weird.”

Sunggyu cocked an eyebrow. “And you’re the one to say that? You’ve been staring at me with that strange look on your face for ten minutes!”

“Because you’re weird! You’re doing too many things out of character!” He enumerated the peculiarities while counting on his fingers. “You’re going out regularly – well, going out at all is already strange for you –, you get drunk, you call me to go eat lunch, you smile and laugh all the time… Plus, you look restless today. Seriously, you’re really strange these days.” He paused, thought about something for a few seconds and added: “Maybe… did something happen with Woohyun?” He screamed a loud ‘AH! I KNEW IT!’ when he saw Sunggyu blush.

Sunggyu tried to defend himself. “W-why would it have anything to do with Woohyun?” Great Sunggyu, stuttering is definitely a good thing to convince someone. “You’ve spent years trying to get me out of my apartment and now that I’m finally doing it, you’re saying I’m weird!”

Dongwoo smiled, the kind of smile that meant ‘I don’t believe you at all.’ “Ok, let’s say I actually believe you. But then, why do you keep looking at the clock?”

Sunggyu ruffled in his hair, thinking that it was probably easier to tell his friend the truth. A part of him whispered that maybe that was the reason why he had called Dongwoo in the first place: to be able to talk to someone about the whole situation. "Okay, okay! I'm... meeting Woohyun at two o'clock."

For a few seconds, the giggling man in front of him looked like he had way too much energy for his small body. He was literally jumping in his chair while clapping his hands like a crazy person. "I knew it! I knew iiiiiit~! So, where are you going for your first date?"

Sunggyu replied, maybe a little bit too quickly. "It's not a date!" However, the blush on his cheeks gave him away and he knew it too well. He hid his face in his hands, his elbows resting on the table and sighed. "I don't know if it’s a date. I don’t think so." His friend had stopped giggling and Sunggyu's voice was hesitant. "I think about Woohyun all the time. I can't concentrate on my work, I can't even stay at home and do what I always do because I feel bored. Like, I need to move. For the first time in my life, I don't like being alone in my apartment. It feels... suffocating somehow. I have to get out in order to think about something else than that stupid barman's face." He exhaled all the air he had in his lungs, slowly. I actually felt really good, saying – admitting – everything that had been on his mind lately. He took a deep breath. "Dongwoo, I... I think I might like him." He instantly felt his whole body relax, letting go of all the tension that he didn't know was there. He dropped his head on the wooden surface. He didn't care if anyone looked at him in a weird way. He felt way better than earlier – probably even better than ever.

He felt a hand pat his and, when he looked up at Dongwoo, he saw him with a warm smile on his face. "There you go. Was it really that hard to admit it?"

Sunggyu's eyes widened. "You... You knew?!"

Dongwoo chuckled and it was his time to roll his eyes. "Come on Sunggyu, everyone knows! You're so obvious! The problem was to make you admit it."

Sunggyu dropped his head on the table once again. He couldn't believe he was manipulated by his friend, and by Dongwoo of all people. He couldn't help but smile though.

 

* * *

 

At one thirty, he was back in his apartment. His friend had wished him good luck a dozen times and made as many comments about Sunggyu maybe not sleeping alone that night, finally. All in all, Sunggyu spent the whole time blushing. Yep, blushing. That 'really unmanly' thing to do. And there he was, looking at the clock every minute passing. He took the book he had thrown on the table earlier that day and concentrated really hard to understand the meaning of the words on the page. Somehow, his mind must have been more peaceful than before, because he actually managed to get lost in the story. So much that, when the bell rang, he jumped in his sofa. Nervousness immediately came back as he made his way to the front door. By now, he kind of knew though, that when he would open the door and see Woohyun's smile, all trace of that nervousness would disappear.

He opened the door and he was right.

"Hi! You're ready?" Woohyun had a huge smile, like always, and that smile was contagious.

"Yeah. Let me grab my coat and I'm good."

They left in Woohyun's gray car, which made Sunggyu wonder where they were going, since his apartment was pretty much in the center of the city. However, when he asked to Woohyun, the man only answered him a vague 'You'll see!' before changing the subject. The thought that he didn't really know the man next to him and that he could very well be a murderer for all he knew crossed his mind, and he just chuckled at the thought, because the idea was definitely ridiculous. The barman cocked an eyebrow at him, but he ignored it. The long minutes they spent in the car passed as a mere few seconds, for the conversation was flowing smoothly. Since Woohyun had to keep his eyes on the road, Sunggyu felt free to look at him to his heart's content from the passenger seat. At some times tough, he felt like the man knew he was looking at him, so he looked at the road for a moment.

At some point, Sunggyu looked at the clock and gasped. "It's already been an hour? Seriously, where are we going? I don't have my passport, you know." The man in the driver's seat laughed.

"Don't worry, we'll be there in five minutes."

Sunggyu didn't tell him that he really wasn't worrying. He was enjoying himself too much for a mere car ride. He could count on the fingers of one hand the people with whom he could have such a long conversation without it being awkward and he was so happy to think that Woohyun was now definitely one of these persons.

A couple of minutes later, Sunggyu realized where they were: the sea. He hadn't been there for years, probably since high school.

"Are we really at the sea?" In his voice could be found quite a bit of excitement. The barman just nodded with a smile, concentrating on the road. "Woohyun, you do realize that we're in the very beginning of spring, right? What are we doing at the beach?"

The man chuckled. "You've never come to the beach in winter?" Sunggyu shook his head, knowing that the driver would see him in his peripheral vision, even if he was looking at the road. "It's the best moment to come here, you'll see! It’s really quiet when nobody’s around."

They got out of the car and Sunggyu immediately felt shivers due to the cold coastal wind. He buttoned his coat all the way up and followed Woohyun, who was already walking towards the gray sand, throwing smiles above his shoulders. Woohyun stopped in the middle of the empty beach and Sunggyu stood up next to him. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply to breathe in the scent of the see before opening his eyes again. Sunggyu knew he was supposed to look at the sea right now, but he was too mesmerized by the handsome features of the man next to him to do so. Only when said man turned his head to look and him and he felt his cheeks warm up, did he look at the vast stretch of water, taking a few steps forward. He walked more than he thought and only stopped when the waves crashed against the tip of his boots.

Only the regular sound of the waves could be heard. And while he was listening to that soothing sound, looking at the shy spring sun reflecting its rays on the water, he felt a feeling sneaking into him, before growing more and more until it filled him entirely. Peace. He was peaceful. Not peaceful like when he was writing useless and boring words on a white page, not peaceful like when he smelt the scent of coffee and paper in the morning, not peaceful like when he read a book at home. No, this kind of peaceful had another dimension, a dimension of uncertainty, of possible. It was like the sight of the gray sea had opened a little door in his brain, finally making him realize that there was more. More to life than spending his days behind a computer, in his sofa reading a book, or in front of a television. More to life than wasting his time on a little routine that, even thought it made him feel secure, would never leave space to all the little surprises that life could bring and that gave it its taste. All of a sudden, he felt strangely free.

"Are you... okay?" He hadn't noticed Woohyun standing to his side, but he didn't jump at the sudden interruption of his thoughts. The second thing that he hadn't noticed were the tears rolling down his cheeks, which explained the question of the other man. He asked himself why he was even crying and didn't find an answer. He laughed while tears continued to flow down. When he finally looked at Woohyun, he saw the worry on his face, as well as... surprise? He must have looked really creepy just now, crying and laughing while looking at the sea. He erased the tears from his face and smiled.

"Yeah, more than okay actually." There were so many questions Woohyun could have asked at that moment, but he seemed to understand whatever it was that he saw in Sunggyu's eyes, and just smiled at him, reassured.

Both of them looked back at the sea, not saying anything. After a short time though, Sunggyu felt a cold shiver run through his body. A few seconds later, he felt a scarf being wrapped around his neck and he turned to Woohyun, who broke the silence.

"Sorry, I should have told you to put on warm clothes. I didn't think it would be this cold actually." Sunggyu just shook his head with a smile. He wanted to tell the barman that he should keep his scarf, because he didn't want him to get sick. However, something told him that the stubborn man wouldn't hear a thing. So instead, he just pulled the scarf closer, so that it would cover his mouth, and he breathed in Woohyun's scent. At least like that, he could smile like an idiot without the other man noticing.

"If you're too cold, maybe we should go back." Sunggyu's turned his head a little too abruptly when he heard the sentence. He didn't know what the other man saw in his eyes – or even how he was able to see everything he thought in his eyes – but Woohyun chuckled. "Ok, I get it. Stay here, I'll be back in a couple of minutes. Well..." He looked down at the water, soaking their feet a little bit more with each wave. "Maybe not exactly here."

Woohyun went all the way out of the beach while Sunggyu just walked a few meters back and sat down where the sand was dry. Woohyun came back a few minutes later with two cups of hot chocolate and sat down next to Sunggyu before giving him one of the cups. The latter took the drink between his hands and smiled at the warm sensation.

"You know what color the sea is, right?" Sunggyu chuckled and playfully punched the other's arm.

"I'm colorblind, not stupid!"

Woohyun continued in a playful tone. "Well, if you're not, what is the meaning of blue? Mmm?"

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. "How can I know that?! I think you're probably the only one to know these things. I even think sometimes that you're making them up." He laughed at the fake shocked look on the barman's face.

"How dare you...?!" His smile came back. "I didn't know these things before meeting you actually. But internet is my friend! Anyway, blue is the color of trust, peace, loyalty and integrity."

Sunggyu shook his head and Woohyun looked at him with a curious look on his face. "For me, it's peace and freedom." He was looking at the sea again, his knees up against his chest and his warm drink in his hands. Woohyun was sitting so close to him that their arms were brushing. He felt so grateful all of a sudden. All that was happening to him, all the things that were slowly changing in his life, were all thanks to this man. He couldn't find any words to express this feeling.

"Woohyun." He knew the other had turned his head to look at him, but he kept staring at the sea. "Thank you."

The man chuckled. "For what? Looking up the meanings of colors on the internet?"

After a few seconds of silence, Sunggyu finally turned to him. "For everything." He smiled at the man, hoping from the bottom of his heart that he could understand, just as he had done before, what he was thinking, all the gratitude that was warming up his heart at that moment the same way the hot chocolate was warming up his cold hands.

Woohyun didn't answer. He gently placed his hand on Sunggyu cheek and smiled at him. It was Sunggyu's turn to read into the other's eyes and he knew. He just knew the man understood everything, that it was okay.

 


 

Okay, so I think this chapter was one of my favorites! :3 I don't know why and I don't know what you all thought of it, because it's probably just really... weird. xD But I got really caught up in this one, with this feeling Suggyu has when he looks at the sea. I really hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it! :)

Thank you to everyone who subscribed and don't forget to comment, I really like reading your comments! <3

See you next Saturday! :D