Sorry

Ending Page

Krystal was lying in Luna’s bed while on her phone watch videos. No one was in the dorm at the moment since they all had a busy schedule today. Krystal was the only one that was free all day. She usually spent most of her time in her parents’ home where she and her older sister Jessica stayed, but she missed her members today. Luckily she had her own key for the dorm, or she would have come for no reason.

After raiding their fridge and finding nothing good to eat, she went shopping for food, deciding she was going to cook for her members when they all got home. After a couple of hours of being alone in the dorm and growing bored of watching Running Man reruns, she found herself in the room Luna and Amber shared and comfortingly placed herself on Luna’s bed for a nap.

Now however, it was 6:46PM and she was awake. Her mind started to wander to a certain thing she didn’t want to think about once she woke up and now she was watching videos on YouTube that broke her heart even more.

There were so many KryBer fan made videos, she could watch them all day and still have plenty more for the next day and day after that. There had been so much interaction between them since before they even debuted. So much that KryBer had become possibly the most plausible ship in the KPop world. Of course, there were so many other idol “couples” that fans paired together, but there was something about KryBer that everyone, even non-KryBer shippers, couldn’t deny.

Krystal smiled to herself when the scene of the time Amber leaned a little too close to her that they almost kissed came on. The memory of that day had Krystal’s stomach flipping around. Amber caught herself in time to back away, but if she didn’t Krystal was almost sure she would have leaned in the rest of the way and captured those lips she longed for. When it happened, she mind had practically shut down and she almost forgot they were on camera.

Krystal was too distracted by the video to notice a figure standing in the doorway of the room. She walked toward the bed and leaped onto it. Krystal immediately paused the video and locked her phone screen. She looked up to see who it was and sighed in relief.

“Yah..” she said annoyed. “ You scared the crap out of me.”

“What were you watching there?” Luna asked as she looked at the phone curiously.

Krystal grabbed her phone protectively. “Nothing.”

“Mhmm..” Luna said, not taking that for an answer. She reached for the phone and grabbed hold of it, but Krystal wasn’t going to give it up that easily.

“What are doing??? Leave me alone!” Krystal complained.

“What were you watching?! I heard stuff! I wanna know!”

The struggle continued and Luna climbed on top of Krystal, straddling the girl as they wrestled for the phone.

“It can’t be that important that you’re holding on so desperately!” Luna exclaimed.

“It can’t be that important that you’re willing to rip my arm off to see!!” Krystal shot back.

Luna leaned down, locking onto her target: Krystal’s right . She opened wide and closed down on the side of it.

“OW!” Krystal cried out, letting go of the phone and grabbing her . “What the Luna????!”

Luna smiled triumphantly and rolled off of the younger girl. “I wouldn’t have had to go there if you had just given it to me in the first place.”

“That seriously hurt, you crazy pirhanna.” Krystal mumbled, rubbing the sore spot.

Luna shrugged and swiped the phone’s screen. The screen told her it needed a password to get into and Luna typed it without question. 09 18 92. The screen unlocked and the video Krystal had been watching before Luna made her presence noticed came up. The video was paused on a still of Amber back hugging Krystal and lifting her in the air. Krystal looked away, embarrassed at being caught. Luna didn’t say anything as she passed the phone back to Krystal and rolled to her side to face the brunette.

“Soojung-ah...” She said quietly and sincerely.

“Don’t.” Krystal said, refusing to look at the other.

Luna didn’t say anything after that. She laid there quietly looking at Krystal, waiting for the girl to open up. If she even would, that is. She knew Krystal didn’t want to show how much it hurt her, but she also knew that she was probably the only one Krystal would speak to about this. After all, Luna was the number one KryBer shipper.

“I know I should get over it.. She obviously doesn’t feel for me that way.” Krystal said after a while. “She’s like that with everybody, Luna... I knew since always but.. She’s not like that with me much anymore.. Not in public.. Everyone’s wondering what happened to KryBer.. So am I..”

Luna sighed and scooted in closer to Krystal, wrapping her arms around the sad girl. It was true that Amber and Krystal weren’t as physical with one another anymore. Even the fans noticed the lack of interaction between them. Hell, even the other members noticed. Amber spent a lot of her time hanging out with her other friends nowadays. More than usual, actually. It was obvious to everyone but Amber just how upset it made Krystal when Amber would choose to be with Ailee or Min or Hyoyeon than be with her and the rest of the members.

After a while, Krystal slowly started distancing herself as well. Victoria had told Krystal that maybe it was time to give up. She knew it was hurting Krystal to have her hopes up that maybe Amber was just doing the same as her. That maybe Amber was trying to hide her feelings for Krystal because she thought she didn’t have a chance. But Amber was harder to read, surprisingly. They didn’t want to ask her in fear that it would cause problems and Amber showed no sign that she felt anything other than friendship for the maknae.

At first everyone thought it was mutual attraction between the two. There was no denying Krystal had feelings for the girl from the beginning. She doesn’t smile and look at just anybody the way she does with Amber. But Amber seemed to be the same way with every other female friend she had and it caused confusion for everyone after a while. Lately it was causing Krystal to become stressed and tired more than usual.

“I miss all those KryBer moments too, Soojung-ah..” Luna said, nuzzling her face into Krystal’s neck. “You two were the cutest thing ever. You know I’ve tried to get Amber to open up about it. I don’t know, babe.. Maybe Victoria is right.. Maybe it's time..”

Krystal closed her eyes, holding back tears. Their number one fan just admitted that she even gave up on the possibility.. “I guess it really is time to give up..”

“I’m so sorry, Krystal.. I wish I could help in some way..”

“Being an idol doesn’t make love any easier.. I love her so much, unnie.. why can’t she see that.. she’s so stupid..” Krystal couldn’t hold in her tears any longer and sobbed into her hands.

Luna tightened her arms around the girl and Krystal twisted herself until she was facing her best friend. She tucked her head into Luna’s shoulder and cried even harder. Soon the two fell asleep like that. Wrapped in each other’s arms for comfort.

~~~~~

Amber was the last person to get back to the dorm. It was already 10PM when she came in and took off her shoes by the door. Victoria was in her room packing for a trip to China and Luna and Krystal were in the living on the couch. Krystal had her back toward the kitchen but she knew it was Amber who just came back since Sulli was still on hiatus. Amber made her way to the kitchen immediately , smelling something delicious.

“Your plate is in the microwave, Amber.” Krystal said without turning to face her.

Amber jumped in her spot, shocked at the familiar voice that she hadn’t heard in a while. Luna patted Krystal’s leg comfortingly before giving her a look and getting up. On her way to her room, she looked at her roommate and gave her a look that said “good luck.”

Amber gulped and slowly made her way to Krystal, who still hadn’t turned around. Now standing directly behind Krystal, Amber kneeled down onto her knees and wrapped her arms around the girl from behind.

“Soojungie~” She said with aegyo. She knew Krystal was upset with her about something. It was probably about coming back so late. “What’re you doing here?”

Krystal swipped through her phone, pretending to be uninterested in talking to Amber. “I missed my members and wanted to see them. I cooked for everyone when they got home.”

“You cooked?” Amber asked, happiness in her voice as she kept her arms locked around the younger girl. “Perfect! I’ve missed your cooking, Princess.”

“Well it’s not going to be as good now that it’s cold.” Krystal said coldly.

Amber felt guilty right away from not coming home in time for Krystal’s dinner. “I’m sorry Princess.. I really am.. I was out with Wendy and Ailee..”

“You’re always out with other people, Amber. Why am I not surprised.”

Amber knew Krystal was annoyed. She knew the girl was annoyed every time she went out with her group of friends, she just didn’t know why. They had plenty of time to spend together when they begin practicing for their next comeback. Whenever that will be.

Amber squeezed Krystal tighter and leaned into her ear. “I’ve missed you, Krystal. Really, I have. I was actually thinking about you today.”

Krystal’s heart fluttered from the girl’s hot breath in her ear and the sweet words that the hot air coated. She knew it wasn't the way she missed Amber. The way she thought about Amber every single minute that her mind was free. She missed this kind of contact. The way the girl wrapped her arms around her. The way she called her Princess. Everything about her.

But she was supposed to be mad at the tomboy and she wasn’t going to let a couple of sweet words melt her that easily. “Your food is in the microwave.”

Amber huffed lightly in defeat and left toward the kitchen. She grabbed the plate of food and was about to take it to her bedroom, but made her way toward Krystal once again. Behind the girl, she leaned down and pressed her lips against the top of the brunette’s head. Krystal sat frozen as she tried to process what she was feeling. The kiss was soft and Krystal’s heart was doing cartwheels and backflips. She knew it was just a comforting kiss. A kiss to get her to forgive Amber. Amber had kissed her head and forehead plenty of times. But no matter how many times Amber would kiss her, her heart always skipped a beat.

Amber stood straight up again and frowned at the back of the girl’s head. She did miss Krystal. She really did. And she finally got to see her again, but Krystal was mad at her. She wasn’t going to see her face and she knew it. Angry Krystal was nothing to mess with.

“I’m sorry I disappointed you again, Princess..” She said lightly. She stood there for a moment longer, hoping the girl would say something. Anything. But Krystal was busy trying not to cry. She held her breath and waited until Amber hung her head in defeat again and dragged her feet toward her room.

Once Amber closed the door, Krystal quietly broke down, allowing the tears to fall finally. “When will this feeling go away..” She asked herself. “Why did I have to fall in love with my fellow member…”

She got up slowly and gathered her things before making her way out and back to her family home.

 

 


Hey everybody. If you are subscribed to me, then you might have seen my blog about not putting up a story for a while. If not, then I'll explain now. We just had to put my dog of 15 years to sleep today.. It was the most heart breaking thing I've ever been through and I'm so shattered.. So I'm taking a short break from writing. But I was watching a bunch of KryBer fan videos on YouTube today to take my mind off of the sadness and I thought about how it seems like there isn't as much interaction between Krystal and Amber anymore? Is it just me that noticed that?

I know I write mostly about Taensic, but honestly KryBer is my OTP. I just find it harder to write a full story about them for some reason. But I was inspired to make this kind of angsty one-shot today so here you go. It didn't come out the way I wanted, but it's alright I guess. Anyway, write me something. This series of one-shots is gonna be all KryBer. If you want to read more of my stuff, check out my profile. It's mostly Taengsic, Hate To Protect had KryBer in it and Up In Smoke has YoonYul.