Chapter Five

Seul's Rooftop Castle

“That guy is waiting for you outside, again?”

Seunghyun stopped when he noticed Jiyong standing at the bottom of the stairs. This is about the 5thweek that he has done so without missing a single day. He is persistent, a commendable trait, but Seunghyun doesn’t appreciate the fact that it’s towards his baby sister.

“Oh god,” Seul groans as she heads out of the door, “I was hoping he wasn’t going to come again.”

“Why wouldn’t he? He’s come every other day this week.”

“Yeah but usually he’s getting into fights all the time. I figured he’d get hurt bad enough eventually and have to stay home.”

Seunghyun laughed. “He’d probably still show up anyways.”

Jiyong bows to Seunghyun. “How’s it going, hyung?”

“Pretty good,” he fixes him with a suspicious look, “But tell me honestly, what’s going on between you and my sister?”

“Nothing!” Seul says for the umpteenth time.

“Oh, it’s certainly not nothing. We’re seeing each other. You should be worried. Your good little sister is getting mixed up with a bad boy like me.”

Seunghyun shook his head, knowing Jiyong was joking. “Just go to school, you two.”

He watched the pair as they walked off, Seul slapping him on the arm every so often and probably getting mad about his little joke. Seunghyun knew his type very well. Seul was the good girl who rarely ever diverged from her normal routine. Jiyong would be the guy to break her out of that rut. Good or bad, something big was in the future for those two and Seunghyun was unsure of whether or not he should try and stop it.

                       


“Jiyong, go away!”

Seul tries to push him off towards the courtyard before her friends can show up. Jiyong, apart from being the resident troublemaker, was actually really a ladies man. Well, a man of the ladies. He rejected pretty much all of them whenever they confessed to him. A little better than just playing around with them but he was still breaking hearts. If her friends saw them together, they’d immediately start asking questions.

“Why?” he plants his feet so that she is unable to move him.

“Because my friends will be here soon.”

“Are you embarrassed of me?”

“No but you draw too much attention. I’m more of a fade into the background kind of girl and you don’t help much with that.”

“How do you expect to blend in to the background with a face that beautiful?”

Just her luck, her friends arrived just as he said this. “Seul,” one of them whispers, “Explain. Now.”

She glares at Jiyong. “Thanks for nothing.”

He smirks, “My pleasure.”

“Excuse me, Kwon Jiyong,” one of the girls from her group calls, “Can we borrow Seul for a moment?”

“What if I don’t want to share?” he was teasing, obviously having fun with giving her a hard time.

Her friends giggled at this. Seul angrily pushed him. “Just go. I’ll probably see you later on today anyways.”

“Alright,” he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, “I’ll see you later then.”

She had half a mind to curse him out for what he just did but as soon as he stepped away, her friends closed in on her with a million questions:

“Oh. My. God. Seul! How could you keep something like that from us?”

“I can’t believe you got Kwon Jiyong’s attention. He rejects pretty much every girl who confesses to him.”

“What? Seul confessing? No, way! With the way he was acting, he probably liked her first.”

“Come on, spill! Tell us how it happened!”

They all stayed silent, watching her expectantly. “We are absolutely not dating, ok? He’s just playing around with me because he has nothing better to do. Don’t take it so seriously.”

They all groaned at her unenthusiastic response but continued to buzz about how sweet and charming he was or how handsome he looked today. Seul stuffed her hands in her pockets and walked along quietly. Kwon Jiyong was a bundle of mysteries she’d never solve.