Not to others

Whispering

 

 

Everyone are once again seated in front of the television. As usual, the leader is out for another program filming, something all of them aren’t too happy about but they know it’s unpreventable. Everyone just seems to love their leader, too much in their view since it resulted in the lesser and lesser time they could monopolise their hyung.

 

The show they are watching this time, Weekly Idol. No, they are not monitoring their own performance since Infinite has not visited that basement for some time. Rather, their leader has agreed to help out as the temporary emcee in Hyungdon hyung’s absence and the first episode is on right now. And of course their focus are not on the leader’s emceeing skill.

 

I should have gone with hyung to that pub! Then Leo will not have the chance to get to know hyung. Ah, why must I have diarrhoea that day?

 

It’s only the beginning of the show but Woohyun is already upset after hearing the VIXX’s member hugged their hyung in the dressing room. Hoya’s eyes harden as he carry on watching the show. He soon quiets the hyung who is still throwing a mini fit.

 

Hyung! Can you please stop it? That’s nothing we can do about that anymore. We have a bigger problem on hand.

 

Sungjong glances at the group’s dance machine before speaking.

 

You mean now everyone knows the way to befriend our Gyu hyung is to be respectful?

 

Hoya nods as the others take in the information. It’s a known fact between them the fastest way to get into the Sunggyu’s bad book is to be disrespectful but they have been trying to camouflage this in their interviews, citing the leader treats them as friends despite the age differences. It’s one of their damage control measure, although not a very effective one it seems.

 

Haha, hyung mentioned me! See, told you all I’m his favourite dongsaeng!

 

Did you listen properly? He is just saying that guy is behaving like you. What’s there to be happy about? You should be worry your dorky dongsaeng position is going to be replaced!

 

Dongwoo kicks the choding’s leg after he sees the visual’s expression turns dark. The second oldest then gently comforts the affected younger member.

 

Myungsoo, don’t listen to Yeollie. Nobody is going to replace you in Gyu hyung’s heart. Remember, you are special!

 

The visual breaks into a smile nodding his head and then turns his attention back to the show. Everyone else does the same, all of them having the same thought in their mind. Maybe the leader will mention them also. And of course, they have not forgotten their purpose of gathering before the television; to assess the closeness of their hyung with the other idol group.

 

As the show progresses, all of them are quite happy there is no intimate interaction, especially no whispering between their leader and the guests since Sunggyu spends most of the time looking at the scripts. Plus, the other host is always between them. Dongwoo speaks out excitingly.

 

I’m right, there is nothing to worry about! They are not getting close!

 

Everyone nods happily, ready to call it a day since the show is almost ending. They heard the front door unlocking and Sunggyu walks in while chatting on the phone. Woohyun immediately squeezes the maknae and make an empty space beside him while he signals the leader to take the space. He receives a death glare from Sungjong while the rest of the members could only look at his gloating expression and blame their own slow reflexes. The leader smiles at him as he take the seat while at the same time, he feels the death glare from his other side intensifies. Woohyun decides to ignore the retribution waiting for him, at least for now.

 

I just reached the dorm. Oh, you mean it’s our episode today? So it is over?

 

All their attention are diverted back to the leader as they listen attentively to Sunggyu’s phone conversation. It seems everyone has reached the same conclusion, their hyung is speaking to one of the VIXX’s member, probably Leo.

 

Your group members would like to join us for dinner later? Sure, I’m okay with it. Just text me the time and venue when you have confirmed. Bye.

 

The members keep throwing meaningful glances among each other. They reach a silent agreement and Sungyeol left for the kitchen as Sunggyu hangs up the call.

 

What have you guys been doing today? Did you watch Weekly Idol?

 

Before anyone can answer, they hear a loud yelp from the kitchen.

 

Sunggyu hyung! I burn myself. It’s so painful!

 

The leader scurries into the kitchen when he hears the younger’s shout while the rest follow loosely behind. The group soon come out of the kitchen together and sit back on the sofa.

 

Yeollie, try to be more careful next time when you make coffee please. Luckily it’s not serious this time.

 

Sungyeol nods remorsefully as the leader check his hand. He peeks out at the rest and sees a quick thumb up from Myungsoo.

 

Since you are okay, I need to bath and get ready to go out.

 

As soon as Sunggyu left the room, Sungyeol whispers to the others.

 

Is it hidden well?

 

Sungjong and Hoya snicker at the question, looking very confident as they hi-five among themselves.

 

Jongie puts it in my room.

 

Dongwoo admits sheepishly.

 

And nobody can finds anything in Dongwoo hyung’s room, not even hyung himself.

 

Myungsoo concludes sweetly.

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

Did anyone see my phone?

 


 

Thanks for the encouraging comments for the last chapter! I really appreciate them ^^

I decided to continue my bad habit since my dear readers support it (okay, just a few of you gives thumb up but I'm assuming the others are silently supporting it :p)

I have an internal battle whether to post this chapter here or put it in Sunggyu drabbles since it doesn't really fit the "Whispering" title. But I feel it's like an extension of the last chapter so the final decision is here! I hope everyone enjoys this chapter and it brings you some smiles.

As usual, leave me lots of comments for this chapter also!