Whisper to me

Whispering

It really isn’t intentional. He just feels it is rude to speak loudly when others are talking or performing. His strict upbringing classifies that as an unacceptable behaviour. Plus, he might also be a tiny bit lazy to keep repeating what he had said. So, he resorts to whispering in the ears of whoever he is speaking to at that moment. He doesn’t know it ignited a mini war among the members because of this particular habit of his.

 

 

Dongwoo knows he has an advantage over the other members. Being the second oldest means he will be the one place beside Sunggyu whenever the lineup of any public appearance goes by age. To add to that advantage, the managers have often ask the leader to be beside him just to curb his somewhat bizarre behaviour in public. Of course they are unaware that their decision is what makes him acts weird, correction, weirder sometimes just to get the leader to whisper into his ear, asking him to calm down. If Lady Luck is really smiling on him that particular day, he might even get a promise of ice cream treat from the leader if he tones down his hyper activeness. The other members are crying foul but that’s nothing they can do. He isn’t going to give up his advantages. Speaking of which, he should go find the managers and show them his restlessness. They are getting ready to attend an award ceremony.

 

 

In the early years, he is the one beside Sunggyu, which Woohyun thinks is his rightful place since you know, the thread must always be with the needle. Back then, both of them are like the spokespersons of the group. They complement each other in interviews. However, these days, he and the leader have taken a step back to let the other members shine. It has resulted in him losing the spot next to the leader and that’s a big problem. He misses the leader's whispering, an action which he had cultivated unintentionally. He just wanted to see a pouting hamster by pretending not to hear what the leader was saying. The whispering is an extra benefit which he loves too much to give up. So to solve his problem, he has half convinced half forced the other members to use Kai Bao Bo to decide on the lineup and sitting arrangement whenever they are allowed to decide themselves since he is pretty lucky most of the time. But so far, his luck of winning isn’t that great. He cannot help but think the other members are ganging up on him. It's probably time to play his ‘second in command’ card.

 

 

Hoya thinks Lady Luck has been smiling at him. He gets to sit with Sunggyu for most of the recent award ceremonies and is literally in heaven. The ceremonies often last for many hours and the leader gets bored frequently which basically translates to lots of whispering. He really doesn't know why the elder likes to do that but he fully supports the action especially if he is the receiving party. He does however know someone who is pretty piss off because he's been losing at his own suggested game. Well, he doesn't pitied this just a month older hyung of his who has been monopolizing the coveted place for a long time. It's now time for him to indulge in their leader's angelic voice. He can feel it, today is going to be his lucky day and he is going to trash the others at Kai Bai Bo again. That is, if the managers do not fall for the main rapper’s tricks.

 

 

Sungyeol thinks he really needs to do something more if he wants to have a higher chance in winning the limited spots aside Sunggyu. He seems to have used up all his luck during the world tour but he would not exchange it for anything. Imagine with cheers and screams from thousands of fans, how close the leader needs to lean in to whisper into his ear. He feels utterly blessed with just the memories of the leader’s sweet voice. He has already formed an alliance with the two maknaes and worked out some strategies to beat the others at Kai Bai Bo but luck is simply with their dance machine. His new strategy leverage on his height. They all know the leader tends to wear padded footwear and stands almost as tall as him. So he has been subtly mentioning to everyone the leader is best plant next to him so that the other members don’t look on the short side. He bets his tactic is going to work today.

 

 

Myungsoo doesn’t really excel in the game but still fares better than the idiot hyung who has come out with the idea. But luckily, he is the visual of the group. Thus, he pretty much enjoys the spot next to Sunggyu since the PDs like to include him in the picture while the leader talks. The alliance with the other two members has increased his winning chance only marginally but that’s better than nothing. Anyway, he seems to be the luckier one among the three of them and has nothing to lose in keeping the pact. The thing he is more interested is increasing the occurrence of the leader’s whispering, which is a skill he has mastered after some trials. All he has to do is stare intensely or smirk at the leader and the elder will want to know what he is thinking. The last resort is to act tired and his dear leader will whisper encouraging words to him, asking him to endure a little bit longer, praising him for his good behaviour. His senses will be all tingle up since it feels like having a personal angel cheering him up. He’s going to use all his skills if he gets the spot, nothing can stop him, not even the dirty looks and glares from the other members.

 

 

Being the maknae in the group doesn’t seems to give him any advantage over the other members. His hyungs don’t give in to any of his requests even if he does aegyo. They just ridicule him since everyone knows the so call cute maknae image is just an on screen personality. Sungjong also doesn’t have much luck in Kai Bai Bo, the alliance has only mostly benefited his two hyungs. But he doesn't want to give up. He deserves more attention from his guardian angel aka Gyu hyung for being the youngest in the group. The other members are simply robbing him of his entitlement. So is up to his acting skills to grab a place beside the leader. He needs to act out the bullied maknae character, making the leader believes the other members are ganging up on him. He knows the elder still has a soft spot for him since the leader has practically raised him through his teens. Gyu hyung will then offers to sit with him and whispers comforting words. It will be like old times, their pre debut days where the leader's sweet voice was the life saving buoy in his homesick nights. He drips some eye drops, it's time for his grand performance.

 


 

Does anyone ever wondered why Gyu has so much things to whisper to s? I admit I want to be the one he's whispering to after seeing too many pictures and videos of Gyu doing that. And this is the product of my wishful thinking :p I simply love Guy being adore by s. 

Do subscribe if you like the story. I welcome all comments, even if they are critical. So please leave some for me. Thank you very much.

Happy Prosperous Lunar New Year to all who are celebrating the festival!