What's lost must be found

Book store encounter

Jonghyun: "I can't believe that just happened.." I think to myself, currently in shock as I touch my cheek. Looking down at the ground in embarassment, I notice something under the chair Kibum was sitting at. Squating down I realize what it is, a ring of keys more than likely dropped by Kibum when he put on his jacket. Quickly picking them up, I look around for Kibum, but he's already long gone. I ask a waitress if anyone had lost a set of keys recently, replying with a no, I figure they really are Kibums. Sighing I pick up my things, hoping I'll catch up to him at the book store. I quickly walk to the store, but when I arrive I see he's not the one sitting behind the counter. "excuse me sir, I'm looking for Mr. Kim Kibum, is he around?" I ask the man at the counter.

"Oh, Mr. Kim already left for the day, his shift ends at noon." He says, "Is there anything I can help you with?" He inquires.

Jonghyun: "Oh, no. It's just that I found his keys and wanted to return them" I reply, backing away from the counter. "But thank you for your time" I say, and retreat from the store. "Great, how am I supposed to give him his keys when I can't find him?" I say outloud, just then remembering that we exchanged numbers mere minutes before. Quickly digging my phone out of my pocket, I pull up his number and call.

Kibum: "Hello?" I pick up my phone and answer, not even bothering to check the caller ID.

Jonghyun: "Um.. Hi..Kibum?"

Kibum: My heart skips a beat, realzing it's Jonghyun on the other end "Yes, This is Kibum." I say, my voice sounds calm and collected, not at all how I really feel. "May I ask who's calling?" I ask, knowing full well who it is I'm talking to.

Jonghyun: "Oh sorry, it's Jonghyun." I respond, slighty disappointed that he didn't recignize my voice.

Kibum: "Jonghyun! Oh what a surprise to be hearing from you so soon.." I say teasingly, smiling at my phone. "What's up? Did you need something?" I ask, wondering why it is he's calling me. I mean it's nice to hear his voice, but we were just together after all.

Jonghyun: "Um yeah.. actually I was wondering if you happened to have lost your keys, I found some by the table we were eating lunch at. I asked the waitress about them, but she told me no one had reported to have lost any. So I figured they had to be yours," I finish telling him.

Kibum: "My keys...?" I mumble into the phone, digging through my coat pockets. Now realizing I must have dropped them at the resturant, I let out an annoyed sigh. "Yeah, they're mine." I grumble, just as I've reached the stairs to my apartment. "I can't get into my apartment without them.." I say, utterly annoyed. "Where are you now? I'll meet up with you ." I say, not really wanting to.

Jonghyun: "Oh well if you tell me the name of the apartments, I can just bring them to you." I respond "really it's no problem." I say with a smile.

Kibum: "Well if you don't mind coming out here...I live in the hill-top apartments," I say, sitting down on the stairs. "I'll wait on the stairs for you, sound good?"

Jonghyun: "That sounds just fine, I'll see you in a few minutes Kibum." I say, hanging up the phone. Stuffing my phone back into my pocket, I hail a taxi. "The Hill-top apartments, please." I tell the driver, buckling my seat belt and sitting back.

"Hill-top apartments, got it." He says, pulling out onto the street.

Jonghyun: I fidget in my seat, nervous to see Kibum so soon after what happened at the resturant. Not even thinking about it, I reach up and touch my cheek, smiling at the thought of how soft and warm his lips felt. Realizing I'm blushing, I drop my hand and stare out the window, hoping the taxi driver didn't see that.

We pull up to the apartments and I get out, handing the driver some money and shutting the car door behind me. Crossing the street I see him, absent mindedly sitting on the stairs and looking at the sky. "he so cute.." I think to myself, trying to hide the smile that's suddenly appeared on my face. Going up to him I wave, trying to get his attention, but he's so lost in thought he doesn't notice.

Kibum: "hmm.. I wonder if I should invite him in when he gets here... I mean he is coming all this way just to return my keys.." I think to myself, unsure if it would give him the wrong idea. Giving up on the debate I look up at the sky, "wow, it really is a beautiful day...the sky is so blue.." I murmer, laying my head against the building, enjoying the cold brick against my face. Just then a shadow hovers over me, causing my to jump.

Jonghyun: "Yoo Hoo..Any body home?" I ask, making Kibum all but jump out of his skin. I chuckle, "Sorry..Didn't mean to scare you.." I say, trying to surpress a grin. "It's just, you didn't respond when I waved so I figured I'd come over to get your attention." I finish, sitting down next to him.

Kibum: "Oh! Sorry about that, I was just off thinking about how lovely the sky is and got distracted" I say, feeling my cheeks heat up at my honesty. Really, he didn't need to know what I was thinking about... but I couldn't take the words back now. Looking up I see him smiling at me.

Jonghyun: "He really is too cute..." I think to myself, only to have him catch me smiling like an idiot. "The sky really is lovely today," I add, hoping I don't sound as foolish as I feel right now. "Oh! Your keys!" I say, pulling them out of my pocket and handing them over, trying to destract him from my ever growing blush. Only making it worse when his hand bumps mine while he takes the keys. "his hands are so soft... I wonder what it feels like to hold them.." I think, causing the blush to spread even further.

Realizing I've accomplished what I've set out to do, I go to stand up so I can leave. But just as the thought runs through my mind, Kibum leans his head against my shoulder, causing every muscle in my body to stop simultaneously.

Kibum: "thank you for returning my keys" I say, smiling up at him.

Jonghyun: My heart flutters at that smile, making my knees go weak," Oh no big deal," I try to say nonchalantly. But when he giggles, I realize he knows I'm lying. Trying to turn my face away from him I feel his hand on my cheek.

Kibum: Turning his face back to mine, I whisper, "Really, thank you so much for bringing them to me"

Jonghyun: And with saying that, he leans up and kisses me. Intertwining my fingers with his, I pull him closer, savoring the sweetness of his lips. But eventually he pulls back, leaning his head on my shoulder again.

Kibum: "Do you think you could stay a little longer? I know you just came to bring me my keys.. but I would like it if we could just sit here for awhile.." I murmer, barely lifting my head to see him.

Jonghyun: "I'll stay as long as you want me to.." I murmer back, leaning my head against his. "After all, I can't think of anything better than watching this beautiful sky with you."