I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna ask him out!

Book store encounter

Kibum: "Ugh.. Is this day ever going to be over? It feels like I've been sitting here for weeks..." I think to myself, as I flip through my magazine. Hearing the shops bell ring I look up to see who's entered the store. "Oh, it's him again.. he sure does come here alot..this is the second time just this week" I think as he imidiately goes to the back of the store, and grabs a book from the shelf. Figuring he'll do his usual routine and browse for awhile, I go back to reading my magazine.

Thumbing through the pages I hear the stores bell again,looking up I see a couple of teenage girls giggling by the entrance. "Great... More flirty girls.." I think as they poke each other, cokesing the other to walk up to the counter. "Umm...Hi there.." One of them says, and behind my magazine I roll my eyes. "I was just wondering...would you..would you like to maybe get lunch some time?" the shy one asks. Putting my magazine down, I clear my throat and put on my best smile. "I'm sorry miss, but as you can see I already have a girlfriend" I say, wiggling my hand in the air to show off a ring. "But I do appriciate the offer" I finish saying with a wink.

The girl looks so disappointed, even has her head bowed in embarassment, I actually feel kind of bad for lying about having a girlfriend. "Look, I'm sorry I can't have lunch with you, but by all means that's no reason to be sad. I'm sure there are plenty of guys that would jump at the oppertunity to dine with you" This brightens her spirit, I can tell just by the way her smile is so sincere when she replies. "You really think so?" She's practicly beaming. "I'm positive." I say and return the smile. "well I guess I'd better go find one of those guys then, it is getting close to lunch time." She teases and her and her friend leave the store with a wave good-bye.

I sigh and sit back in my chair, "man, girls these days just get stranger by the minute" I think as I look up to check on our frequent customer. He's still standing there, reading away in the corner. "I wonder what he's reading..must be pretty interesting with that concentrated face"

Jong: As I stand with my back against the book case, I stare blankly at a book I have absolutely no interest in. In fact, I'm not even in this book store to read. My real interest sits behind the counter, boredly flipping through a fashion magazine. He is the definition of tall, dark, and handsome. Flawless in every aspect.

I continue flipping the pages absent mindedly, only to sense someone is watching me. I think I heard the shop bell ring a while ago.. maybe it's another customer...So out of curiousity I look up, only to find Mr. Flawless staring at me with a smile. Ducking my head back down, I pretend to be really interested in my book, not daring to make eye contact again. After a few minutes of torturous fake reading, I decided to look for another book. Putting my first one back, I begin browsing the shelves for something I might actually like. Upon seeing something interesting, I pull the book down and go to return to my normal reading area. Only to end up face to face with Mr. Flawless.

Reeling back a few feet, I instinctively bow my head and apologize for almost running in to him. To which he responds with "oh it's quite alright, I noticed you come in here alot and was wondering if you were looking for something in particular. So I thought I'd come and ask, it's my fault for sneaking up on you."  "he's so polite.. and that voice, ugh how can he be so perfect.." I think to myself, when I realize I'm staring at him, mouth agape. I mentally shake myself, "oh no, nothing really...I'm just.. browsing is all" I say with an awkward smile.

Mr. Flawless returns my smile and extends his hand, "I'm Kibum by the way, it's nice to meet you" I take his hand and shake it, a little to hard out of nervousness, but hopefully he didn't notice. "I'm Jonghyun, a pleasure to meet you." I say pulling back my hand and quickly stuffing them in my pockets, hoping he doesn't see them shaking. He nods and turns to go back to the counter, but stops mid step and says. "Just a heads up, the store will be closing soon for lunch, so if you want to grab a book I'd do it now unless you want to come back later." To which he flashes that smile, completes his turn and heads for the counter.

Kibum: Sitting down at the counter I pick up my magazine again, but don't bother trying to read it. Instead I casually glance above the pages to see if Jonghyun is still looking for a book, or if he's decided to leave. I can't really tell what he's thinking, but the looks he's making are too silly to ignore. Come to think of it, he seems to always be in deep consideration when he visits the store. Pacing around the isles and constintely making strange faces."His faces are kinda cute though.." I think to myself, tapping my fingers on the counter.

Completely lost in thought I begin debating on whether or not I should try to strike up another conversation, "I wonder if he's seeing anyone.." I think, looking up from my magazine. Only now realizing I was so destracted by my own thoughts that I didn't see him leave the store, didn't even hear the bell ring. Sighing at my lost chance, I start gathering up my things to head out for lunch. "Keys..check. wallet...check. coat...check, alright, well guess I'm off to lunch then." I say out loud to myself, walking out and locking the store behind me.

Strolling down the street I continue thinking about Jonghyun, "man, I really should've invited him to lunch or something.."I grumble to myself, utterly annoyed for letting this chance slip through my fingers. Sighing yet again, I pick up my cell to check the time, "almost 12:30...well I guess I'll go to my favorite resturant, they shouldn't be very busy as this hour" I think putting my phone back in my pocket. Only when I look up I see him, Jonghyun sitting by himself, just outside of my favorite resturant. Not thinking twice, I cross the street and approach him, casually waving and saying hello.

Jonghyun: I was just sitting here, by myself thinking about Kibum. Wondering where he might be right now, probably some fancy resturant...When all of a sudden a familiar voice calls out to me. Turning in my chair I see him, Kibum smiling and waving at... at me?!? I can hardly believe what my eyes are seeing right now. He walks up and says hello, shaking my hand and saying what an odd coincidence it is running into me here. Apparently this is his favorite resurant too, huh, who would've guessed?

"Oh! Well if that's the case, why don't you join me for lunch?" I ask, unsure of where my boldness has come from."Food always tastes better when you eat with someone else anyways, so why don't you have a seat" I say, waving a hand at the chair across from me. And  without hesitation he sits down, carefully smoothing his coat across his lap.

Kibum: "Thank you so much for inviting me to eat with you, I was just thinking of stopping by here when I saw you. I'm glad we have a chance to sit down and talk." I say, practically beaming with delight. Nodding in agreement, Jonghyun rests his elbows on the table, just as the waitress comes out to take our order.

"oh! I'm sorry, I thought there was only one of you here, I'll be right back with another menu" The waitress says, going to turn around.

Kibum: "oh it's alright, I eat here all the time, So I already know what I want. What about you Jonghyun? Are you ready to order?" I ask looking over at him.

Jonghyun: "Um yeah, I 'm ready to order" I reply, handing the menu back to the waitress. We order our food and the waitress scuttles back inside the resturant. "you must eat here alot if you don't even need a menu," I say, raising an eyebrow at Kibum.

Kibum: "Well yeah, I told you this is my favorite place to eat" I respond, while wiggling my eye brows, making us both laugh. We continue chatting like old friends while we wait for our food, making jokes and asking questions. "hmm.. I wonder why I never asked him out before" I think to myself, just as our food arrives.

Jonghyun: "Oh look! Our foods here!" I say excitedly, realizing just how hungry I am from skipping breakfast. "A toast to new friends" I say raising my glass. "To new friends" he replies, clinking his glass with mine. Our chatter dies down as we eat, enjoying the wonderful food and company. Although, time has betrade me and flown by, soon ending our little visit.

Kibum: "I had a lovely time today," I tell him, as I put on my coat. "We should really do this again some time" I finish saying, flashing a smile so honest I surprise even myself.

Jonghyun: "Most definitely!" I say, returning a smile just as big. "Maybe we can get together again say.. some time next week? If that's not to soon that is."

Kibum: "Next week is perfect!" I reply, giving him my number, already giddy for our next encounter, but hoping I don't look too excited.

Jonghyun: "Alright next week, it's a date." I comment, only realizing after the words have left my mouth, what I've just said. "Oh man.. why'd I have to go and say that, he probably thinks I'm a weirdo now" I think, mentally kicking myself.

Kibum: "A date it is!" I respond with a smile, giving him a quick peck on the cheek before all but running away. Glancing back over my shoulder I feel a slight flutter in my chest, seeing Jonghyun still standing there, lightly touching the spot I kissed while blushing the most adorable shade of red I've ever seen.