Mute

Mute

 

Random fluff one-shot during my hiatus~

---

“Sohee, come inside!”

Heechul sighed, looking at the young girl who was sitting outside on his apartment’s porch, in the rain. She was staring blankly up into the sky.

“Sohee!” He called once again. This time, she turned her head slightly and glances at him.

Heechul gulped, getting pierced with her stare.

“Let’s go…It’s going to get dark soon.” He extended his hand forward and motioned her to come in. She stood up with her clothes soaked with water, and took his hand.

Heechul took her inside his apartment and told her to change her clothes in the bathroom. She nodded as he passed her his old clothes.

As she went to get changed, Heechul got a towel and warmed up milk for her. He sighed, waiting for the milk to finish.

Flashback

“She lost her voice?” Heechul looked up, looking at Sunye with wide eyes.

“We don’t know how it happened, but she won’t be able to talk for a month.” Sunye frowned, sipping her water.

They were backstage at a show and Sunye wanted to talk to him privately.

“W-why are you telling me this?” Heechul asked.

“We were supposed to be going back to America, but we can’t have her go without a voice. We are still going…but Sohee needs someone to take care of her. Even though she didn’t speak a lot, she still feels depressed.” Sunye explained and Heechul nodded.

“You want me to watch her?” He said carefully.

“…Do you think you can…?” Sunye looked at him with hopeful eyes.

Heechul bit his lip, how could he say no to Sunye? Donghae would kill him.

“I…guess I can.” He decided.

Sunye smiled and hugged him.

“Thank you so much Oppa! This means a lot to me!” Sunye exclaimed and Heechul merely waved.

She left the room and Heechul leaned back, sighing.

“Hyung, why did Sunye hug you?” Donghae’s head appeared in front of him.

Heechul smiled nervously and didn’t reply.

Donghae pouted at the lack of response and left the room, probably going to find Sunye.

End Flashback

Heechul snapped out of his flashback with he felt someone tug at his sleeve. Sohee looked at him with her big eyes and he smiled.

“Here’s a towel, make sure you dry yourself well.” He said as he passed the towel to her.

She nodded, taking the towel. She walked away, going to sit in the living room.

Heechul was about to call her back, but he noticed that the milk was ready. Pouring it into a glass, he smiled at the fact that he was still not used to Sohee.

‘It’s been 2 weeks already…I should be used to this.’ He thought to himself, waking into the living room. Sohee was watching cartoons and the towel lay in her lap, unused.

Heechul frowned and passed her the drink, taking the towel from her lap.

“I told you to dry yourself…” He said, knowing there wouldn’t be a reply.

Sohee sipped the milk, still staring at the TV. Heechul sighed, not knowing if he was being ignored or not.

He took the towel and carefully dried Sohee’s long hair. It took a few minutes to finish and it was filled with silence.

Heechul never appreciated silence, but with Sohee he could make an exception.

Once he finished, Heechul stood up and placed the towel back into his bathroom.  He hung it quickly than went back to Sohee. She had placed her cup on the floor and was leaning back on the couch.  He sat down next to her and felt her lean back, slightly on him.

Heechul bit his lip, preventing his smile.

They lay there, watching the TV. Soon the show was over and Sohee sat up and looked to him.

“Do you need something?” Heechul asked but she shook her head.

“What is it then?”

“T-thank  you…” Her small voice said.

Heechul’s eyes widened and he sat up as well.

“What did you just say?” He exclaimed.

“T-thank you O-oppa…” Sohee repeated, this time with a little more confidence.

Heechul smiled and patted her head.

“No problem mandu.”

~

“Sohee, are you feeling better?” Sunye asked as she arrived at Heechul’s apartment.

Sohee nodded and grabbed her bag.

It has been a month already and Sohee finally has her voice. Before walking out of the apartment, she turned around to face Heechul.

“I’ll see you later, right?” She smiled and he winked.

“Of course you will.”

---

No plot what so ever ;__;
im currently on hiatus, school is taking over right now, lol.

The next update might be a while, but I hope you don’t mind!

- Natsuko [: