001

Smile for Me

“Mom!” a young girl exclaimed as tears threatened to fall out of the corner of her eyes. “D-Don’t.. Please don’t leave!” she whimpered— holding onto the woman’s shirt. The woman just looked down at her before gently taking the younger ones hold onto her shirt. “Go back inside.” The woman ordered and the young girl just shook her head as tears started spilling. “No! I won’t go back without you, Dad needs you! I need you!”

“I don’t need you two though.” The woman said bitterly with a frown, “Now, if you’ll excuse me.”

And with that the woman started walking away without even looking back. The young girl tried to go after her but the woman already went inside her car and drove off.

Tears falling, she ran back inside the house and into a particular room where her dad was. “D-Dad..Mom, she..” the girl sniffled as she hugged her father.

Her father hugged her back and tried to calm her down for a bit, “I know..” he whispered as he closed his eyes. “She left.. but.. don’t worry..”

“We can handle ourselves hm? Daddy is still here.. I won’t leave you. Daddy won’t leave you.”

 

*crazy crazy crazy love~ listen listen, crazy love~
wake up! Ijeneun wake up!
Imi neujeo beoryeos—
*

Minah’s eyes flew open as he heard the alarm and turned it off immediately as she sat up while sighing. “That dream again..” she grumbled as she wiped the sweat on her forehead. She frowned as she remembered her mother’s face, and it made her angry.

She finally stood up and headed straight to the bathroom while fixing her hair. She washed her face and brushed her teeth before going downstairs to the kitchen where her father stood infront of the stove, cooking breakfast for the two of them already.

“Dad, I thought I told—” she started but was cut off by her father, “Good morning, my dear daughter! And yes, you have but I wanted to cook for the two of us.” He said with a smile before he started serving the breakfast he made on the table. Minah sighed, “Fine.. and morning to you too. You seem quite happy today?”

Once her father was done, he sat on a chair across Minah. “I am, am I not allowed to be?” he chuckled. “Well, ofcourse you are! I was just asking.. are there any good news?”

“Well— I just got a letter.. for you! I know I shouldn’t have read it but I couldn’t help as it was signed by Myeongji University1” he smiled wide as Minah stared at him in curiosity. “What did it say?” she asked.

“You got accepted!” her father grinned before handing her the envelope that was just on the table as well.

Minha blinked repeatedly before taking it into her hands. She opened it and started reading. Her eyes rounded in shock and a glint of happiness flashed in her eyes. Her father saw this and that just made him even more happy— he knew Minah have been wanting to get accepted there, and seeing her happy even though she doesn’t really show it just makes him even more happy.

Meanwhile..

“Chanyeol ah~ Get up..” he heard a soft voice call out as he felt himself being shook. “Hm..” he groaned huskily before opening his eyes as he squinted them because of the light. Chanyeol saw his sister beside him, smiling before saying, “Good morning, little brother.”

Chanyeol gave his sister a smile before greeting back, “Good morning noona.. have you slept well?” His sister—Yura nodded as she gestured Chanyeol to get up and so he did. “I did, ah! And breakfast is ready.. come down after fixing your bed and yourself alright?” she said before flashing him yet another smile before heading out of his room.

Being the obedient guy he is, Chanyeol started fixing his bed before walking towards the bathroom where he stood in front of the sink as he washed his face and did his business.

Once he was done, he headed to the kitchen while fixing down his messy bed hair.

 

“What’s for breakfast noona?” he asked once he stepped inside the kitchen. “We’re going to eat your and your best friend’s long lost relatives.” Yura joked as she  pointed to the plates where eggs and bacons were along with some rice.

Chanyeol laughed before shaking his head, “I wouldn’t mind about that—but Baekhyun might?” he grinned as he took a sit along with his sister.

 

Their breakfast went on and on, with the two of them discussing about random things until Yura asked Chanyeol if he was sure that he can be a working student at the same time.

 

“I’m sure about it noona. I can do this!” Chanyeol assured her with a bright smile.

“I know you can.. but I can’t just let you do all the work for us..”

“Noona~ your’e incharge of the house. And I’m incharge of doing the work for our living. That sounds fair enough for the two of us.”

Yura sighed, she couldn’t get into another argument with Chanyeol knowing pretty well that she’d just lose. “Fine.. but don’t overwork yourself too much, got it?” she said and Chanyeol flashed her another smile before nodding as the two continued to eat until they were done.

“I’ll be going to get ready now, noona!” Chanyeol said as he stood up, “The food was really delicious. Thanks!” he added before winking as he dashed off back to his room.

 

Yura just shook her head as she smiled before taking the used dishes and utensils to the sink and started washing them.