|| "f r i e n d s"

Kitty! Kai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That's not my name, you stupid human. 

This is the first thing Jongin thinks after Kirika expresses her wish to be friends.
She wants to be friends with a cat.
A cat. 
Jongin can't help but think how crazy that is, and how crazy she must be.

But there's a kind of sparkling in her warm brown eyes that he can't describe, because he's never really seen it before. He thought it was called hope or something, but again he isn't really sure if it is, or if he's just confusing it with something else. He doesn't really understand humans very well, but he liked to think it was hope. He didn't know why though; he just thought that her eyes looked prettier when they were warmer.

Yet, behind the glistening of hope in her eyes, there was a kind of indescribable loneliness that Jongin didn't notice. 

Kirika's eyes were warm, and so was her bed and her house. But cats are selfish creatures, and Jongin is only happy because he's warm now and he gets to melt into the patch of sunlight on the big bed - his big bed. Even though it's Kirika's, Jongin thinks he's entitled to it. It's just the nature of a cat, to claim things as their own and to build up their little suburban empire wedged between picket fences and graffiti-covered brick walls.
Because here, even though his empire hadn't been standing very long, he was still king. 
It was as simple as that. 

But despite all this, or perhaps due to all of this, Jongin couldn't help but think that Kirika is crazy. Who would want to make friends with a cat? Why would she think she was worthy? After all, she was behaving more like a servant than an acquaintance; her warm heart and brown eyes were nice, but she was so willing to do anything for him. 

Isn't that how pretty girls get... 

Jongin tries to think of the word that humans use for it. He searches his mind for it for a while, desperately grasping at the ends of words and fragments of speech that littered his mind. What was it that the old man had said on the street? What had that young barista called it? What about that businessman? 

What was the word?

...Manipulated? 

But just as soon as this concern pops up in his mind, it's gone again and he returns back to the main issue at hand. 

Friends. 
With the human. 

Ew. 

And she's standing there with such a hopeful look glimmering in her eyes; Jongin can't take that away from her... Can he? Could he really? 

No. She's a human.  God, use your head, Jongin!

But she looks so.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter