final

in omne tempest

Sehun walks along Han river with his yes puffy from crying, dark eye circles under his droopy lids, god knows how many days since he had last taken a good nap. Exo has been preparing for their debut the past month with barely a wink of sleep, everyone had been pushing themselves to their limits and hoping to prove to everyone that exo is doing well with just 10 members.

Deep down, Sehun knows, he knows that exo will never be the same with just 12 members. How was everyone, no correction, he, expected to go on without Luhan by his side? There isn't any soft kisses between breaks and sweet encouraging words. There is no longer hands rubbing his back soothingly whenever he cries and wants to give up. There are no longer any comforting hugs, no longer assuring words. 

Sehun is thankful that he had finally gotten his long deserved break, but sad to say it was on valentine's day. He had been working extra hard, pushing himself to his limits, leaving no time to think of Luhan, but now with a whole day of break, his mind was filled with images of Luhan. For the past few years, he had been spending valentines day with Luhan without a fail, if one were to ask him last valentines day, he would have confidently replied that 2015's valentines day would be spent with Luhan. But guess not.

Sehun slowly unlocks his phone for the umpteenth time, tempted to type "Happy valetines day Lu, I miss you." but locks his phone once again knowing that he shouldn't be doing this, not when he is trying to get over Luhan. Sehun hadn't spoken to Luhan since Luhan left without a warning, needless to say he was heartbroken and betrayed. The least Luhan could have done was to tell him first, were they nothing more than just friends? Did the nights of "I love you" between kisses and pants mean nothing? 

Without a doubt tears had gathered in Sehun's eyes, threatening to spill. Sehun hopes there are no fans around secretly taking shots of him. The last time after he teared up when he saw Luhan's advertisement at the airport the fans took pictures of it and it went viral within all the hunhan fans and he definitely wouldn't want history to repeat itself. It wasn't because he was afraid of the manager scolding him but it was more like he didn't want to seem weak without Luhan when Luhan was doing just fine. Sehun wiped the tears from his eyes not wanting to cry on valentines day, afterall wasn't it supposed to be a joyous day.

Sehun feels his legs weaken as his mind becomes painted with pictures of Luhan and he finds himself sitting down before he falls and makes a fool out of himself. Sehun was really envious of his hyungs but yet he was glad that they all had the love of their life with them now. Baekhyun was probably forcing Chanyeol to eat some couple ice cream, Kai was probably having kitchen with Kyungsoo, Suho and Yixing going shopping and Xiumin and Chen cuddling while watching movies. Lastly there was Kris who flew all the way to Korea just to see Tao. Sehun wished he had the courage to fly and look for Luhan but he was afraid of being rejected. However deep down in his heart he secretly wishes that Luhan flew back to Korea just to see him again or maybe at least skype him, Sehun needed to see the baby face again and hear that sweet angelic voice. 

Sehun reaches into his bag and fishes out his choco bubble tea, leaving the taro one in his bag. He checks his phone, 11:57 pm it read. Guess this is the first of the many valentine's day he was going to spend alone. Bringing his lips to the straw he drinks it, as sweet as the drink is, it comes second to Luhan. He looks up at the sky, he wonders if Luhan is also looking at the same sky, thinking about him. 

He feels a light drizzle of rain landing on his soft skin, as if the sky was crying the tears he couldn't cry. Sehun felt like laughing at himself, laugh at himself for falling in love with such a person, laugh at himself for thinking that he would be enough to make Luhan stay, most importantly, laugh at himself for thinking that Luhan loved him back. He was such a joke, no wonder Luhan didn't stay. 

11:58 pm his phone read. At that moment Sehun decided that no matter how hard it was, after today he will let Luhan go at least act like he did. He couldn't spend his whole life moping every 14th february just because Luhan wasn't with him, no, he had better things to do. 

11:59 pm
"Sehun-ah" Sehun cursed at himself, was he hallucinating now? The intoxicating smell starts to fill Sehun's lungs, replacing all the oxygen with the scent of honey. Warm arms that felt a tad bit too comforting encircle his waist. Pretty fingers lace itself nicely around his from behind. "Happy Valentine's Day Hun" 

As much as Sehun wanted to turn around and kiss the hell out of the person behind him, he was beyond upset. He angrily tore the arms off him and spat, "What the do you think you're doing here? Shouldn't you be back in China doing what you love?" Sehun knew he was in the wrong for blaming Luhan, but he couldn't help himself, he was afraid of Luhan leaving him again. 

"I'm sorry." 

"You left me behind, you left us behind! Have you thought about how I felt? I trusted you!" Sehun yelled through tears, he couldn't control himself anymore, he misses Luhan so bad.

"You made no effort to contact me or whatsoever! You even contacted Kris! Am I not more important than him! I was your ing boyfriend!" Sehun screamed as he felt his chest tighten in pain - probably from heartbreak again. 

Luhan doesn't say reply, he just wraps his arms around Sehun once again while Sehun cries into the crook of his neck. As much as Sehun hates to admit it, Luhan was still as comforting as ever and Luhan was everything he needed. 

"But I still love you," it may have been the faintest whisper, but Sehun heard it, and that was all it took for him to give up his determination to let go of Luhan. Sehun starts kissing Luhan, kissing Luhan like there is no tomorrow. He hopes that Luhan can feel how much he loves him.

"I'm not too late am I?" Luhan says sweetly. Sehun shakes his head because it's never too late when it comes to Luhan. Sehun is willing to wait a hundred or thousand or even million years if he knows Luhan will come back to him. Luhan lets go of Sehun, making Sehun fall forward as he had been leaning on Luhan. As if Luhan expected it, he reaches out in time to catch Sehun before Sehun falls face first into the ground. 

"Don't worry, I'll always catch you, my favourite dongsaeng," Luhan winks flirtatiously to Sehun. Sehun turns a deep shade of red at Luhan's corny line and his heart twinkles a little as he remembers how he purposely tripped Luhan back in their trainee days just to use that pickup line. Luhan still remembers.

"Hun-ah is that for me?" Luhan smiles blindingly as he points at the forgotten taro bubble tea. Sehun blushes a even deeper shade of red as he shyly nods. 

"I wanted to buy this before coming here to look for you, but I guess that being that sweet little pie that you are you would have bought my share." Luhan said and begin peppering Sehun's face with kisses as a form of appreciation. 

Sehun feels like a typical highschool girl when Luhan laces their fingers together (oh how perfectly they fit) and he starts to fangirl internally. The night is freezing but all he can feel is the warmth of Luhan's hands. 

Luhan motions for them to lie down on the grass. Sehun looks up at the sky and notices that the stars are shining brighter than before, the brightest star being the one beside him. Luhan moves and positions himself on Sehun's chest, arms loosely wrapped around his torso. Sehun feels his heart accelerate due to the close proximity of Luhan and him that he hadn't realised before. 

He starts to panic once again when he realises that Luhan was lying on his cheat and can hear his heart rate. As if on cue, Luhan lifts his head up to face Sehun, a cheeky smile on his lips. Sehun wants to dig a hole in the ground and just hide because it's so embarrassing how Luhan and have this kind of effect on him.

Luhan just smiles at him, eyes crinkling and all and reachss out for Sehun's palm before placing it on his chest. That's when Sehun realises that Luhan's heart was beating as fast. Sehun felt a surge of pride because he was the one who could make Luhan's heart beat so fast. As cheesy as it sounds, Sehun thinks that their hearts are beating in sync.

Luhan starts to trace stuff on Sehun's chest and it took Sehun awhile but he realised that Luhan was writing in chinese. How did he know it was chinese? Oh because he has fallen head over heels for a chinese and had to at least make the effort to learn the language. He took awhile more, okay who was he kidding he took 5 minutes to realise that Luhan was writing both their chinese names and some other words.

"What does that say?" He asks, huffing in annoyance at himself for failing to recognise the other characters. 

"勋鹿是永远的" Luhan says slowly, putting emphasis on each syllable.

"What does that mean?" Sehun asked, he definitely heard the yongyong thing before, or was it yuanyuan, it all he knew was yúyuán was fishballs.

"It means hunhan forever," Luhan blushes as he muttered softly.

(Oh god who knew that Luhan would be such a cheesestick to do this kind of things.)

Sehun wasn't the type to believe in forever, he knew better than to believe. But if Luhan wants a forever Sehun will give him a forever because he loves Luhan more than anything else. Every moment he spends with Luhan is just like a little forever, piecing up to make the big forever.

"Teach me how to write it," Sehun insists.

Luhan picks up Sehun's finger and get's Sehun to follow his as he writes in the air. Luhan spent over 15 minutes trying to teach Sehun how to write it to no avail. He pouts at Sehun, scolding Sehun for being such a horrible student. What he  doesn't realise is that Sehun has learnt it after the first time but was just fooling around to piss Luhan off. 

"Sorry Lu," Sehun laughs heartily as his eyes crinkle into crescents, only Luhan can make him laugh that way. He sees Luhan looking at him seriously and can't help but think that Luhan looks absolutely adorable. He leans forward and captures Luhan's lips in a kiss, hoping to remove the pout off Luhan's lips. 

He sees Luhan turn beet red and it makes him all giddy on the inside because he still has that kind of effect on Luhan. He laughs again and wraps his arms protectively around Luhan, Luhan's head just below his chin.

"Lu when are you leaving?" Sehun hadn't meant to ask this but it had been bugging him. He dreads Luhan's answer because he is pretty sure it was going to be along the lines of staying with him.

Luhan gazes up at him lovingly and his cheek,"I'm leaving tomorrow noon but does that matter?"

Sehun wants to shout yes and throw tantrums about it and make Luhan stay but he knows that even if Luhan is going their love cannot be measured by distance. He realies that he shouldn't be wasting his time on this kind of things and focus on what he has infront of him.

Sehun shakes his head and mutters,"No it doesn't."

"Lets go and get engaged."Luhan says suddenly.

Sehun sputters,"What?"

"If it makes you feel better we'll get engaged now and after 10 years once exo disbands we'll get married?" Luhan smiles as he rubs soothing circles on Sehun's lanky arms.

Sehun shakes his head because well he doesn't want Luhan to only do that to make him feel secure. Does Luhan even truly want it? What if Luhan regrets it 10 years later?

As if reading his thoughts, Luhan spoke once again,"I want to get engaged to you because I love you. You are the one who makes me feel butterflies inside and giddy all in my head. You are the one who makes my knees wobbly. You are the one who made me fall love at first sight. This isn't because of a spur of the moment, you are the one who I can see myself with 60 years later. I just want to spend the rest of my life with you and never let you go."

Sehun cries, he cries like he has never done before. He was regretful that he had doubted Luhan's love for him, yet he was so touched after what Luhan said. He nods continuously and opens his mouth to shout a yes, but all that comes out is choked sobs as Luhan encircle's his arms around Sehun.

"I'll make sure you won't be spending any valentine's day from now alone, I love you."

"I love you too, forever and always." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: thank you everyone for reading!:-) im sorry for the horrid ending and stuff but yeah i tried