1; The End of The First

Go Back to That Summer

 

 

;x;

 

   Fireworks, food and game stalls, people on Yukata, The Temple of Fortune. A guy wearing a loose grey t-shirt coated with navy blazer and a pair of black jeans, looking busy with his Canon EOS 5D, holding it with both hands and its strap strangling on his neck. After paying a visit to yhe inner chamber of the temple, he decided to take some picyures with his soulmate, his camera, of course. He busily wandered aroung in the sea of people crowding the temple. Since tonight was the last night of Summer Fireworks Festival, the temple seemed to have no vacant space. The sidewalks filled with th ebooths of food and game, but Myungsoo, the guy with the camera, was too engrossed to even try the foods or play some games. Tonight was the last night of his visit in Japan before going back to Korea tomorrow and he didnt want to waste any of his time without taking pictures.

 

Click!

-

Click!

 

    Myungsoo captured a group of girls in yukata, an elder couple holding hands, a bunch of children, some munching takoyaki, some liking apple candy. Myungsoo smiled at the view on his camera screen. Satiefied of his own shots.

 

    The sun had finally set down and the rays of orange and purple diffused into an alluring backdrop. And the warm breeze of summer night only lightened up his mood, despite the jubilant crowd celebrating the festival. But, Myungsoo didint seem to care with the crowd. As long as he got the eye-catching objects, he wouldnt mind anything.

 

      The sky was getting darker and darker, and the pillars of spotlight had been , illuminating every space of the temple with colorful glow. People cheered triumphantly and Myungsoo couldnt help but to cheer along. He then countinue wandering.

     Myungsoo was walking with the camera covering his face when he accidentally bumped into a girl. He stopped right when he heard a dull thud on the ground followed by a low whimper.

"My Polaroid!!" shouted the girl in Korean whom Myungsoo bumped into. He came to face the girl who was the pouting while sadly looking at her polaroid lying on the ground. Myungsoo quickly picked it up and handed the camera to the owner with an apologetic expression.

"i'm sorry, it really is my bad," myungsoo looked at the girl with an uneasy feeling. "i didnt pay attention to where i was walking,"

The girl with long wavy hair and bangs falling until her eyebrows neither responded him nor walked away. She was just intensely looking for any scartch on her polaroid. And Myungsoo who was still standing there, unintentionally taking this moment to drink in the petite figure in front of him. Lips pouting and eyes getting watery, but Myungsoo strangely found it cute. Her big imploring eyes looked as pretty as summer night sky and Myungsoo couldnt let himself not to drown in them. And hastily, She turned to face him and her sudden motion made him a bit taken aback.

"it's just a littel scratch, luckily," and with that, she walked away without Myungsoo could even reply or say anything. He wanted to run after her at the very moment she left but Myungsoo just stood off his groud. He wanted to at least have her name but it would be weird and she would address him as a creepy stranger. He just let out a sigh from his lips then decided to go to where his friends were. And Myungsoo found them within seconds, busy chattering and eating. He approached them.

     "Yo! Myungsoo," the tallest guy with a gum smile in the group was already posing as soon as Myungsoo had come into view. "Take my picture!" he demanded. Myungsoo could only chuckle and then lifted his camera to his face then the shutter being clicked. The others then rose into their feet, gathering into a line with the gum-smiled guy.

 

Click!

-

Click!

 

     Myungsoo clicked twice then immediately checked the results. Just an okonomiyaki stall and two pillars of spotlight on each side of the stasll as the backdrop. As he scanned the picture carefully, he saw her being captured in the camera. Standing not too far away behind his friends right below the pillar on the left side of the okonomiyaki stall. Myungsoo looked up from the camera screen to see if it was really the girl he just captured. And he was right! Her long wavy hair covering her back and she wore a pastel flower print dress with no sleeve which the end of the dress cascade down just right above her knees and a pair of brown ankle boots. It was intriguing and Myungsoo was once again into the simple beauty of her. Myungsoo couldn't take his eyes off as if she was the only one standing below the pillar and the irridescent light which illuminated her in rapid succession only added more perfection. He found himself emanated by a foreign desire of longing and fixation toward the girl whose name he was yet to know. Then he realized that hisheart had started beating uncontrollaby. He then didnt waste time to long to capture her with his camera, and her as the only object, everything was blury except her. Myungsoo used burts mode to take 50 picyures in a click. He wouldnt let any moment slip away without her being captured. And, all of a sudden, as if the girl noticed that she was being watched, she turned to look at this creepy stranger's, no other than Myungsoo, direction. Myungsoo, too, caught her looking at him and they stared at each other for a nanosecond before she hastily looked away. Myungsoo's heart had started beating again. And a little he knew, the girl was hetaing up from embarrasment, more to realizing that someone took a picture of her. Without hesitating, Myungsoo had made up his mind to approach her and be acquainted.

        He rested his camera on his shoulder by its starp then waltzed towards her direction. That girl was usrrounded by her friends but there was no glint of hesitation in Myungsoo's eyes. She noticed his presence getting closer then quickly turned to him, they eventually stood face to face. Myungsoo could hear chuckles and boos from her firends who were standing behind her. But Myungsoo couldn't care less. He then began talking, started with him clearing his dry throat.

"eum.. hi, again? I was the earlier guy and i still feel sorry about your camera," he stated.

Myungsoo scratched his nape in a shy manner while the girl could only chcukle. And it sounded like a pure ecstasy in his ears.

"it's really alright," she replied with a small smile. Myungsoo died a little inside upon seeing her smiling. He could see it clearly that she only applied a simple make-up and she was alreadylovely. Myungsoo swore, for god's sake, that he wanted this girl. He would do anything just to make her his.

"i'll do a favor, anything. i feel really uneasy about this," he said again, only sound a little demanding.

"it's really okay. i dont even mind it," she answered half-laughing and her short remarks only added more curiousity to getting to know her further. It drove him nearly insane. And the way she laughed. Myungsoo was really eager to keep her laughter as the soundtrack of his summer. He could listen to it in his whole life time.

"if thats okay with you, then i dont know what to do," Myungsoo lifted his both hands, gesturing a surrendering pose. He then continued.

"by the way, i'm Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo," Myungsoo offered his right hand for a hand shake. Amd she took it without much thinking. And as she told him her name, his hearing grew muted, all sound echoing from the distance because the only thing he could hear was her sweet, intoxicating voice.

"i'm Kahyeon. Moon Kahyeon,".

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

; FIN ;

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N)

How was it? i really hope you enjoy this story and expect my other story(ies) in the future.

And yes, this story is pure my imagiantion. I dont copy or plagiarize anything from other stories to make this.

If there's any similarity(ies) i hope it's just a coincidence.

And dont copy or translate this story to any site without my permission.

AND!!! if you like this story, please comment or even subscribe (it's not much to ask lol). Dont be a silent reader, okay?

Thank You from the bottom of my heart.

yours truly, rookie-writer.

 150214

 

ps: yup! that ugly poster is made by no other than me lol

ps2 : if there is any typo dont mind telling me!

 ps3 : HAPPY VALENTINE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------