Misunderstandings

I'll walk *revised*

"This jello is horrible." Jinki commented, slowly pushing it on the table he found with his fingers.

 

"That would be because you got lemon." Minho chuckled, pushing back his hair from his eyes.

 

Jinki stuck his tongue out in the direction of the voice. "Yeah, because you wanted my cherry." Minho reached over, softly touching the man's arm. Jinki jumped, startled for a moment before smiling. "Heh, sorry."

 

"Thanks for switching with me." Jinki shrugged, pushing off the chair and flicking out his cane. He walked over to the tv across the room, and turned it off with a flick of his wrist. "You're getting good at that."

 

"Hit my head enough I figured it was about time I actually hit the button."

 

Jinki turned his head toward the sound of footsteps coming in the door, and the sound of plastic bags rustling. He was about to ask who it was but Minho greeted the visitors. "Kibum! Taeyeon!"

 

Taeyeon walked over, touching her brother’s arm softly, before bringing the man into a hug. Jinki was quick to wrap his arms around her, knowing who it was just by the soft smell of lavender. "How are you fairing?"

 

Jinki just shook his head, craning his neck to hear Kibum's whispery tones as he talked to Minho. Taeyeon fell silent, quickly moving over to the man in the bed, putting a smile on her face. "We got you something Struts."

 

Minho reached for the bags, but Kibum pulled them away with a smile. "Tsk tsk."

 

Jinki just sat away, pushing his glasses up onto his face, bring his knees to his chest. Kibum and Taeyeon exchanged worried glances about the older man, but they didn't say anything. They watched the blind man silently tap his knee with his fingers, his eyes hidden behind his glasses.

 

After a while, Jinki got up and walked out the door. Ignoring the voices asking him where he was going. Minho sighed, looking down at his hands. "I don't know what to do. He won't let me see his eyes, his glasses are always on his face, and he won't talk about what he's feeling. We promised to get through this together, but he seems to want to go through this without me."

 

Kibum's hand touched Minho's shoulder, " He doesn't want that. He just.."

 

"I lost my ability to walk, I understand perfectly how he's feeling. I just want him to let me in. I can't go through this alone." Minho looked up when Kibum placed a stuffed bunny in his arms.

 

"Since your Bunny is being difficult I got you this. Just talk to him."

 

Taeyeon kissed Kibum on the cheek, before running after Jinki. Sure the man was getting better at walking without someone there with him, but that didn't mean she didn't worry about him. Kibum sat down in a chair, and looked up at Minho as soon as his wife was out of hearing range.

 

"Is there something you want to get off your chest?"

 

"Hmm?" Minho looked over, stopping his absentmindedly pushing of the vegetables on his tray.

 

"Do you want to talk? Like we used to before all this." Minho sighed but slowly nodded. "Then tell me what's on your mind."

 

"That night of the accident... the reason I didn't see the car coming, was because of an argument.”

 

“What was it about?”

 

“I got called away for the team and I just agreed to it, Jinki felt neglected and I acted like he didn’t have every right to feel that way.” He paused, fidgeting with the edge of his blanket. “He didn't deserve to basically lose his sight.

 

“You blame the entire accident on yourself? Even though it takes two to argue.”

 

“I keep thinking about all the things that night took away. Jinki’s sight, my ability to walk. Soccer is gone for me, Jinki won’t even think about playing the piano again. We both know how much he loves it.” Minho’s head hit back against his pillows as he looked over at him, “He’s pulling away from me. Our conversations are never that long, and never about more serious topics. I’m starting to feel like he doesn’t really want to be here with me anymore.”

 

"You think you are forcing him to stay with you?  Minho slowly nodded.

 

"I've see the scars, many times, but never up close, and he never lets me touch them.”

 

“I feel so dependent on people. How can I make him live a life with someone who's only half functioning? He has to learn how to live life without his sight, because of me. How can he be near me and touch me, and not blame me for everything I've done to him?”

 

“I was there when he visited you for the first time. He looked more broken sitting there next to you than he did the night of the crash. He loves you. He loves you so much. I can bet you that the amount of guilt and blame you put on yourself for that night, he has more. He’ll never blame you for the accident. He’s not that type of person.”

 

Minho ran his fingers over the stuffed animal in his lap as he mumbled, “I just want my Jinki back.”

 

XOXOXOX

 

Taeyeon turned the corner to get on the elevator, to see Jinki sitting in the corner. Her expression softened, slowly walking toward the man. "Jinki."

 

"I wondered who would come looking for me, to make sure I wasn't sprawled out on the floor or something." Jinki commented, recognizing the voice.

 

"What's wrong with you?"

 

Jinki just laughed. "What's wrong with me? I'm a blind singer who hasn't attempted to sing in about a year. I can't even help the man I love do anything. He keeps trying to help me... it shouldn't be like that."

 

"Will you go back in there? You walking out really hurt Minho."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because he feels you shutting him out." Jinki frowned, pushing himself up unsteadily.

 

"I'm not though."

 

"Why won't you allow him to see your eyes?" Taeyeon asked softly.

 

"Because..." Jinki's voice trailed off.  "Because I don't want him to look at me differently."

 

"Why do you think he would?"

 

"You weren't there in his physical therapy sessions." Jinki shook his head, trying to get the memories out of his head. "His screaming and cursing when he fell or he couldn't do something. Do you know how hard it was for me to listen to that? To hear him in pain and knowing I could do nothing to help? I couldn't hold his hand, or help him through it, because I can't see worth . I can't help the man I love. I am a failure, and I would hate for him to finally realize that I am not all he thinks I am."

 

Taeyeon finally closed the gap between them, pulling the older man close. Allowing him to cry into her shoulder, as Jinki remembered the most recent Physical Therapy session.

 

 

"It won't be that bad Minho." Jinki commented, as he stood behind Minho in his wheelchair. They were in the physical therapy room 4b, waiting for Minho's therapist to come.  The older man put his hand on the sitting man's shoulder softly, giving it a gentle squeeze.

 

Minho just sighed, knowing that it would be very bad. He hated coming here, because he knew that he would fail. He hated failure, and he hated not being able to do the simple things he learned when he was less than 18 months old. Most importantly, he hated finding himself calling out Jinki's name when he fell, and knowing that Jinki couldn't come to him. "I'll just fall on my face again."

 

The therapist walked through the door, smiling as he walked over to them. Then he asked the same question he did almost every week. "Jinki would you like to help with today's session?"

 

"No, thank you." Jinki closed his eyes, pushing his glasses further up his nose, before sighing. Couldn't the man notice that Jinki couldn't help, no matter how much he wanted to?

 

"Let me go get the bars set up and we'll start okay?" Minho nodded as the man left, before turning up to Jinki.

 

"I'm sorry. You know you don't have to come down here with me."

 

Jinki gave him a sad smile as he squeezed the man's shoulder. "I don't come down here because I think I have to. I come down here because I want to. You don't have to do this alone. Just don't push yourself more than you think you can take." Minho agreed, before having the therapist come over and wheel his chair over to the bars. Jinki quietly sat on the mat pushed against the wall, his eyes closed and his head pressed back against the wall. Every time they came down here, Jinki felt even more worthless than he previously did.

 

"I will lift you on the count of three. Make sure to grab the bars."

 

Minho grunted as his arms took all of his weight. His feet touched the heavily padded floor, as his doctor moved the chair away. When the doctor told him what he had to do, Minho tried with all his might to move his left leg. Just his foot a little forward. When he failed and Minho cursed himself, his grip on the bars lessened, and he came crashing down to the floor with a yell, The doctor's grip on him slipping.

 

This was what Jinki hated about coming down here. Minho being in pain. The whimpers and groans as he tried to get up out of habit, and then the curses when he couldn't. When Minho would call his name, yelling at the therapist to go away, and all Jinki could do was go up to him, feel for his shoulders and lift him up. He couldn't see Minho's face, or the tears traveling down his cheeks. He couldn't hold Minho's arm, and help support him. Minho being frustrated and in pain cut Jinki deep. All he wanted to do was help Minho get better, and all he seemed to be doing was holding him back.

 

Jinki flicked out his cane, and walked out of the room shortly after. The cry of frustration from Minho finally being too much to handle.

 

 XOXOXOX

 

Minho looked up from his hands when he heard the familiar clacking of Jinki's cane on the hard floors. Jinki stood not too far away from him, completely still, as Taeyeon and Kibum said their goodbyes. Minho heard the couple close the door, before Jinki walked to the end of the bed. He retracted his cane, knowing his way around the room enough that he knew he didn't need it. Minho was about to say something when Jinki spoke.

 

"I have been a jerk to you, and I am sorry. I am sorry that I walked out on your session yesterday, and just now. I am sorry that I am making you feel like I am shutting you out, because that isn't what I am trying to do. I feel like a failure Minnie. A complete and utter failure." He sighed. "I promised you we'd get through this together, but I can't help but feel as if I am holding you back because I couldn't 100 percent help you with your exercises and therapy. You help me with my reading, but..." Minho watched as the older man slowly walked around the bed, his fingertips gently grazing the bed, before sitting next to him on the mattress. He turned his face toward the younger man, which almost never happened if they were just talking. Jinki reached for Minho's hand, squeezing it before speaking softly. " Would you like to see my eyes Minho?"

 

"Yes.." Jinki squeezed his eyes shut, but removed his sunglasses. Minho's eyes widen at the sight of all the tiny scars around the man's eyes. Jinki lifted Minho's hand, allowing his fingertips to gently run over them. He shivered at the touch, but even more so to the deep voice that came out of Minho's mouth. "Open them Jinki. Let me see them." The request was so soft ; the voice full of love.

 

The older man sighed, before slowly opening his eyes. The dim lights of the room didn't hurt, but it took a moment for him to stop blinking. " I didn't want you to think different of me. I didn't want you to see me differently, because I don't look the same." Jinki was right, his eyes weren't the beautiful hazel Minho remembered, but the younger man didn't see him differently. He never could.

 

"You are beautiful Jinki." Minho pulled Jinki in, kissing his eyelids after he closed them. Jinki then laid on Minho's chest, pulling his legs up onto the bed. " I don't see you differently, or think differently of you. You aren't a failure. I love you Jinki. I don’t expect you to help me any more than you already do." Jinki smiled as he pressed himself against Minho.

 

"I love you too." Minho hit the button on his remote, turning the lights off and the tv, before kissing the top of Jinki's hair. The Doctor found them like that, sleeping peacefully with their arms around each other, the next morning.

 

XOXOXOX

 

Taeyeon pushed the door open, before leading Minho inside. Jinki followed closely, finally taking in the way up to their apartment without his sight. Even though he had been let out of the hospital months before, he had basically camped out in Minho's room. One, he couldn't leave his side. Two, it wasn't like anyone really trusted him to be alone without his sight, and three, he couldn't step foot in this place without thinking of Minho. It was hard for him to be away from the younger man, knowing he was hurt and at the time, could never wake up.

 

She placed the keys on the kitchen counter, before turning toward the two men. Minho was rolling himself over to the living room, taking in things from his lowered perspective, while Jinki just awkwardly stood by the door. " So, will you two be okay?"

 

"Just fine Jumping Bean. Thanks for the ride home." Jinki stated, before walking into the living room, careful of the unfamiliarity of the room now.

 

"Well just know that I am only a phone call away, and I will be here Thursday morning to pick Minho up for his Physical Therapy." Once the other man nodded in her direction, she walked to the door. "Oh, and Kibum came over and put some left overs in the fridge. Just heat them up in the microwave for a minute or two." She then left, leaving the two men alone.

 

“At least I won’t have to worry about hitting my hand on the ceiling fan when I stretch anymore.”

 

“Me running into things is the new worry.” Jinki gently said as hesitantly sat on the recliner he found.

 

Both of them were nervous out of their minds. This was the first time that they were on their own. Actually on their own, without having nurses and doctors a button push away, and their friends weren't there either. All they had were each other, and that scared them. Sure, they had worked out just fine in Minho's hospital room. Jinki learned to lift the younger man from the bed to his wheel chair, or vice versa. They learned what each of them could do, and ways to get their point across without getting frustrated, but they had always had the backup if they had failed. Now they didn't.

 

"Would you like to watch some tv Minho?" The younger looked over at his boyfriend who was sitting softly on the couch. "There should be a soccer game on today."

 

"I'd rather not watch it."

 

Jinki bit his lip, regretting ever mentioning it. "I'm sorry Babe, I shouldn't have said it."

 

Minho just shook his head. "No, it's alright. How many times have I asked you did you see that, or let's go see something." Jinki sadly smiled before pushing himself off the chair. "Where are you going?"

 

"The bedroom. I’m tired. Would you like to come with me?" Minho nodded, and then swore knowing Jinki couldn't see the gestured. He just rolled over to the other man, and softly grabbed his hand. Jinki smiled before walking down the hall, the constant clacking of his cane on the hardwood floors oddly comforting to the younger man.

 

Jinki tossed the cane onto the bed after folding it close, before Minho rolled to the side. Minho lifted his arms, Jinki wrapping his own under them and lifting the man out of the chair with a grunt. The chair was gently kicked away, before the older man gently laid Minho on the bed. The younger man hated this part the most. It wasn't just the fact that he was absolutely helpless in this, but he was also hurting Jinki, because he knew the older man wasn't made to do heavy lifting all the time.

 

Once settled, Jinki curled up against the younger man, his head on the man's shoulder. "I'm sorry you have to do that." When Jinki lifted his head up, Minho softly pulled off his sunglasses.

 

The older man had learned that Minho wasn't ashamed of his eyes like he had previously believed, and had started to be okay with not wearing his glasses around the man. "Don't be." He smiled, knowing full well that he would keep doing anything Minho needed him to do.

 

Minho just pulled him close, taking in the familiar scent of his boyfriend. It was moments like these, that it wasn't that hard to think everything was like it was. That they both weren't different.

 

XOXOXOX

 

"What are you wearing?" Minho suppressed a laugh when he turned his head to see his boyfriend walking out of the hallway.

 

"I think I'm wearing my cow pajama suit, but I could be wrong." Jinki stuck his tongue out before walking to the kitchen.

 

"Why are you wearing that?"

 

"Because I have nothing else. We have to figure out how to do laundry." He paused as he moved his hand slowly to find the handle, before pulling the fridge open. "Do you want something?"

 

"Something to drink. Doesn't matter what." Minho then turned his attention back to the box that was in his lap. He had found it on the dresser in Jinki's music room earlier in the morning when he was looking for Jinki; though he should've known the man wouldn't be in the room. He hadn't stepped foot in it in over a year.

 

Once Jinki returned with a bottle of water, Minho gladly took it, taking a drink before setting it aside on the table near him. As he flipped through the contents of the box, Jinki asked, "What are you looking through? I can hear your fingers flipping through whatever it is."

 

"It amazes me how well you hear, but old pictures."

 

"Of what?"

 

"Us." The older man mouthed an oh, before lowering his head. He never thought about the fact he would never be able to look at photos again. "Would you like me describe them to you before we practice braille?" Jinki slowly nodded, making Minho roll over to the other side of the table. He took Jinki's hand in his, running his fingers over the glossy surface of the picture. "This one is our first date."

 

"Me knocking you over at your soccer game, or the dinner on top of the studio?"

 

Minho chuckled. "The soccer game."

 

"Oh my god, I was such a fool then. I still have no idea how I managed to fall over the barrier."

 

"And then onto me."

 

"Yea. That too." Jinki giggled, and it was beautiful to Minho's ears.

 

"But if you hadn't we never probably would have met."

 

"Do I look like I felt in the picture?"

 

"You look like you always do. Adorable and lost." Jinki softly pinched Minho's arm, before the younger man picked up another photo. "Remember halloween that first year, and how you forced me to go to that party with you?"

 

"If I remember correctly we both got forced to go by Kibum."

 

"Oh yea.. we had only been going out for what...almost 6 months?" Jinki nodded. " And you made us wear those huge suits and be sumo wrestlers."

 

"I didn't see you complaining when we won first place in the costume contest."

 

"But I did complain when I had to take it off of you later that night to actually get to you." Minho smirked as he placed the photo back into the box.

 

"Bah I did most of the work then too!"

 

The younger man just tsked, before picking up another photo. He couldn't hold back his laughter when his eyes landed on Jinki in drag. "I don't know if you really want to know what this one is."

 

"Just tell me."

 

"Fourth of July that second year." Jinki's face paled, before attempting to snatch the photo out of the younger man's grasp. "Don't think so!"

 

"Oh come on! I thought I got rid of all of those."

 

"I don't know why you are so bent out of shape over it. I think you look pretty." Jinki smacked him in his arm. "I mean that blond wig and smokey make up really bring out how beautiful you are. Those heels also help."

 

"Oh come on. It was a thing for charity!"

 

"Oh it was also very amusing." Jinki just grumbled, asking for another photo. "It's time for you to do something for me."

 

"What's that?"

 

"Just hold on to the back on my chair and follow me." Minho turned, and watched as the other man reluctantly did as told.

 

"Where are you taking me?"

 

"Some where you should have been a long time ago." Minho lead him into his music room. "You are going to play the piano for me."

 

Jinki paled, trying to retreat, but Minho's grasp on his wrist prevented that. "I can't play anymore Minho!"

 

"You just think that."

 

"I can't see the key's underneath my fingers. How the hell am I supposed to play?"

 

"Are you telling me you actually looked at the keys? Because I am pretty sure as long as I've known you, you've never once looked down at the keys while playing." Minho watched as the older man's shoulders slumped, his body beginning to look defeated. "Your fans are worried about you. You haven't touched a piano or sang a note in over a year. I miss hearing you sing Jinki."

 

"I am not doing it."

 

"Yes you are."

 

"You can't make me."

 

"Stop acting childish. I know you are scared and I understand, but it’s  just me. You always said you feel safe and comfortable around me, and has that changed Jinki?" Jinki turned away, not wanting his face to give away his emotions. "I have come to the realization that I will never be able to do what I love, and play soccer. You have a chance to actually be who you were, to sing and do what you are so passionate about. You have the chance right in front of you to try, and you don't have to do it alone. I am here to help in any way you need me to. Just please sit and try to play."

 

Jinki sighed, knowing full well Minho was right. He slowly moved and hesitantly found his seat. The keys were cool against his fingers, unfamiliar but at the same time feeling like they always did, as he ran his hands along them. Jinki turned his head toward  Minho, the squeak of his wheels as he wheeled himself over to the bench giving him away. Minho gave Jinki's thigh a squeeze, and smile he couldn't see, before the man began to play. He cursed every time he made a mistake, but somehow Minho knew that they were made from the lack of playing, not from the lack of seeing.

 

"Sing Jinx."

 

And he did. His voice was still the same, deep and rich, pouring over Minho like he always had. The younger man found himself smiling, and crying silently, happy and relieved that he heard his Jinki sing once again. The apartment had been too quiet. It was weird not hearing Jinki's beautiful playing sound through the hall and rooms. The apartment was empty without the sound of Jinki's wonderful, alluring voice. Home finally felt like home again.

 

XOXOXOX

 

“Kibum I'm pretty sure I can go to the bathroom alone." Jinki commented smirking, brushing the younger man's hand off his arm before turning and walking towards the bathroom.

 

Kibum looked at his hands, sighing before sitting down. It had been his idea to bring Jinki and Minho here to the restaurant, and all it seemed to do was make Jinki frustrated. "Don't worry about it Kibum. He's like that to almost everyone."

 

He looked over at the slightly younger man, who was cutting a piece of his steak off before eating it. "I didn't mean anything by it."

 

"It's your first time with us alone. It gets some taking used to to not want to help in everything." Minho gave him a smile, before glancing at the bathroom.

 

"I thought a nice dinner out would be nice, especially since I haven't talked to you all in what seems like forever, but I find myself not knowing what to say or do. I'm afraid I'll say something offensive."

 

"Relax. You know Jinki. Even if you do, he'll smile and understand."

 

"That's easy for you to say. You could probably say anything and he would still love you to pieces." Kibum huffed, rolling his eyes before checking his phone for the billionth time. "You don't think I should go check on him?"

 

"I'm pretty sure if anything happened we would hear Goldie barking."

 

Kibum mumbled something, before putting the phone to his ear. The younger man paid no attention to him, instead looking over to the bathroom, waiting for Jinki and the golden retriever to walk out. Soon enough they did, and he watched as the dog lead him back to the table. "Sorry I took so long. There was a little boy in there and he wouldn't stop trying to touch him." With the older man's signal, Goldie laid down underneath the table, his head on Jinki's foot. The dog had taken a quick bond with Jinki when he had entered the program to get a seeing eye dog months before.

 

"What do you expect?!" Kibum looked over, placing his phone back into his pocket. "He's adorable. Little kids just don't understand he's a service dog." Jinki hummed, before slowly trying to find his spoon. He smiled sadly when Minho reached over and placed it in his hand, allowing him to continue to finish his soup. "Taeyeon says hello by the way, and sorry. She wanted to be a bum and work today."

 

"Isn't she always a bum?" Jinki hummed. Minho couldn't stop laughing, and either could the other man, but Kibum stopped himself eventually.

 

"I shouldn't be laughing, because she's my wife, but it's kind of true."

 

Then the waitress brought the bill over, setting it down with a smile before walking away. Kibum silently took it, grabbing his card and moving to go pay, but then Jinki spoke. "You don't have to pay for us."

 

"But I want to. It's my treat." He smiled, giving Jinki's wrist a gentle squeeze before going to the counter.

 

"So.. How many people are staring at me?" Minho turned toward the soft voice, to see his boyfriend's head down, his longer hair falling over his glasses.

 

"None Babe."

 

"Don't lie to me Minho." He sighed and glanced around. Sure enough, many people were looking, and he knew by how they quickly looked away as soon as their eyes met.

 

"Don't worry about it okay Jinx." Jinki gave him a little smile, before pushing his bowl away from him, and standing up.

 

"I think I'm going to wait outside." With his movement Goldie was up and alert, before leading him out the door. Minho watched as he leaned against the brick, softly listening to a playlist on his phone.

 

"Where'd Jinki go off to?" Minho looked up to see Kibum standing by his seat, looking at the retreating man.

 

"Don't worry about it. Why don't we head home?" The slightly older man nodded, before handing Minho his jacket.

 

xoxoxox

 

 

"Come on Goldie, up you go." Minho called the dog up onto the bed as Jinki settled himself beside him. The golden retriever hopped up, walking up to Minho to give him a big sloppy kiss. "Aww you've made me all slobbery."

 

Jinki just laughed. "At least you two are getting along now."

 

"Hey, it's not my fault he didn't like my wheelchair."

 

"So yelling at him was the answer?"

 

Minho glared as he petted the dog's ears. "I wasn't yelling.. I was expressing my thoughts in a very animated way." Jinki just chuckled, before pulling back the covers on his side and scooting in.

 

"Goldie you’re in my spot." Jinki pouted, playfully shoving the dog, who just looked up at his owner and his nose. He reluctantly moved to his spot at the end of the bed, curling up in a ball, but keeping an eye on Jinki, before falling asleep.

 

"How did therapy go today?" Jinki asked, pressing his head into Minho's warm chest.

 

"Good. I didn't fall onto my face, if that counts as good."

 

"Did you move?"

 

"No, but it was an improvement definitely but enough about me. How was your day Jinx?"

 

"Well, I went to the label today, and talked everything over with them."

 

"And?"

 

"They said I can take all the time I want to recover and take care of you, because my roommate needs me." Minho sighed as he pulled the other man closer.

 

"They still won't acknowledge the fact I am your Boyfriend will they?" Jinki shook his head. " I mean the media and the fans know we are together. I don't understand why your label is being such prudes."

 

"Minnie." Minho looked down at the older man, feeling him shift next to him. The other man lifted his head, close enough that he could feel Minho's breath on his lips. "Kiss me."

 

And he did, pressing their lips together like they've done so many times before. "I love you,”

 

"I love you too Minnie."

XOXOXOX

 

Jinki woke up the next morning to a huge thump on the ground, and Goldie barking. He reached for Minho, but found him to not be there, which was weird. "Goldie, boy... what's wrong?" The dog came over and pulled at his wrist, leading him to the other side of the bed. That's when he heard Minho's groans. "Minho.. what.." He knelt down and found the younger man sprawled out on the floor. "What were you doing?"

 

"I woke up and I wanted to go watch tv and get a drink. I thought I could get up and do it myself." Jinki frowned as he found the man's shoulders and lifted him up onto the bed with a grunt.

 

"You could have woken me up Babe." Minho didn't say a word. "You could have hurt yourself. What were you even thinking?"

 

"I didn't want to be a hassle okay? Just leave it alone."

 

"Minho..."

 

"I said leave it alone okay?" Minho snapped, his voice becoming louder. He regretted his tone when he saw the expression on Jinki's face. "Just bring me my chair please." The other man did as told before pulling on his slippers that Goldie brought over to him.

 

"I'll be in my music room if you need me." He then used his fingers, and the little noises Goldie made, to find the music room. Leaving Minho alone with his guilt.

 

Xoxoxox

 

Minho hadn’t meant to snap at him. Jinki hadn’t been doing anything to deserve it. There were the little things like getting out of bed on his own, and waking up without disturbing Jinki, that he missed. He heard Jinki softly begin to play, In your eyes, the beautiful melody travelling through the home. Minho curled his fingers around his water bottle and frowned. If things were normal he’d have been walking back there to pull Jinki up to dance. Like the first time he had heard the song so long ago.

 

"Babe I'm home!" Minho closed the door behind him, looking in the kitchen but frowned when he didn't see dinner being made. "Babe?"

 

That's when he heard the piano playing. Jinki's talented fingers running over the keys in skilled precision. Minho quietly walked down the hall, toward the heavenly voice that was singing. The younger man tried his hardest to be quiet, because he knew as soon as the other man heard him, the playing would stop.

 

Minho smiled as he watched the older man play with such passion. Jinki was talented, as his fan base showed, and though Minho was at every concert of his, it was times like this that really meant the most to him.

 

Minho swore when the music stopped, and Jinki's eyes darted over to him, all because he moved to make the floor creak. "Hey.. don't stop because of me."

 

"I didn't realize it was so late. I should have dinner made by now." He began to get up, and walk out of the room, but Minho stopped him.

 

"Sing for me Jinki." Minho raised the man's arms around his neck, before wrapping his own around the man's waist. "Sing to me while we dance."

 

Jinki blushed but he began to sing where he left off, pressing his head into the familiar nook of Minho's neck. His voice was soft, and he sung as if they were the only two people in the world. He looked up at the taller man, their eyes locked as they swayed. There was something about the way Jinki held onto him as he sung, the sheer need of the grasp on the back on the younger man's shirt.

 

Jinki stopped singing, pressing his face into the older man's chest before looking up smiling. "There's a long break here..."

 

"Keep singing for me will you?" Minho softly leaned down and kissed man, before allowing him to continue. He smiled before kissing the man as he finished, pulling the man further against him, like there was all the space in the world between them and he had to shatter the void. "You should sing for me more often."

 

"I do at every concert Minnie." He blushed as he allowed himself to get lost in the embrace.

 

"No, I mean to me only. Like this. Without all the screaming fans screaming I love you."

 

Jinki blushed but whispered a quiet, "Okay." Before his lips were pressed against the younger man's.

 

xoxoxoxox

 

"I'm sorry." Jinki looked up from his place at the piano, turning his ear toward the door. He had heard Minho's wheelchair rolling down the hall; He couldn't sneak up on the older man anymore.

 

"Don't worry about it."

 

"I shouldn't have snapped at you. I shouldn't have attempted to get the wheelchair." Jinki heard the soft squeak of his tires. “I just wanted to feel a little bit like I used to.”

 

“I understand that Minho, but you invalidated how I felt. I try very hard not to do that with you,  because how you feel about things is important.”

 

"I didn’t mean it to come that way. I was just embarrassed. You did nothing wrong to deserve it." Jinki didn't even turn when he heard Minho rolling closer to him. "Please forgive me."

 

"I'm not mad or hurt because you yelled at me Minho." Jinki paused, before continuing on his way to where he knew the window was. " I was scared. I felt you on that floor, Goldie barking up a storm and I was scared. I was afraid that you were hurt and that you had hit your head. I thought I would be too helpless to help you. You frightened me with what you did. That's why I feel the way I do. I'm hurt because you blew off my concerns when I was really afraid you had gone and done something to hurt yourself, and that I was too much of a broken man to do anything to help."

 

"I.."

 

"Save it would you Minho." Jinki turned to him, and the younger man was honestly surprised the other man didn't have on his glasses. He always took them off while playing, but put them back on afterward. This time he hadn't, and he was staring right at the younger man. "You have to realize that you aren't the only one that lost something in that damn crash. Yes I can walk around, but I need a damn DOG to make sure I don't run into anything."

 

"At least you can walk Jinki. Would you trade with me given the chance?"

 

"You don't get it do you? If given the chance I wouldn't trade you, not because I don't want to be stuck in a wheelchair, but because I wouldn't wish this on any body." Jinki paused, wiping the tears that fell off his eyes. "I can't see you Minho. It's killing me. I can't touch you, and kiss you without worrying I might poke your eye out. I can't see you smile or you laugh. I can't see that beautiful face of yours that I love so ing much. So no I wouldn't trade it with you, because no one deserves to live a life where they can't see the person they love's face."

 

"You can go to more places, do the things you love. I can't do any of it."

 

"I know how much soccer meant to you. I knew, because I was the one that was with you every time you lost and you couldn't sleep. I know what not walking does to you. So don't sit there and play the pity card because you won't receive anything from me. I love you god dammit. I just want to help you. You scared the living out of me today, because you didn't want to be a hassle. A ing hassle. We only have each other. You help me and I help you."

 

"Jinki.. I.."

 

"It doesn't matter okay? Just don't do it that again." He then closed his eyes, “If you want to get out of bed on your own in the morning, I’ll make sure the chair is closer next time.” With that Goldie lead him out of the room.

 

When Minho finally got the courage to leave the room he found Jinki's phone laid on the coffee table, a message blinking on the screen. ~Taking Goldie for a walk and do some errands.. I'll be back before Taeyeon and Kibum come for dinner~

 

XOXOXOX

 

"Goldie, why did I explode like that?" The dog just affectionately nudged the man's hand, before laying down at the foot of the bench. Jinki loved to come to the park, always had, though now it was for many different reasons. Even though he couldn't see the beautiful lake, or the flowers that were just planted, he still could feel the sun shine on his skin and the cool breeze that rustled the tree leaves. He could still smell the fresh cut grass, and hear the birds singing.

 

For a while he could close his eyes, and just imagine it was just resting, that when he opened his eyes he would once again be able to see. The false reality was shattered when he heard his stage name. "Are you Onew by chance?"

 

He turned his head toward the young girl’s voice, and when Goldie didn't growl, he answered. "Yes."

 

"OMG. I am such a huge fan of yours.. I have all your songs and I've seen you in concert more times than I can remember.. But I heard about the accident... Are you and your boyfriend okay? Why do you wear those glasses, and why the dog?" Before Jinki could reply the girl began again. "Oh I'm so sorry for asking that.... It's none of my business."

 

Jinki just chuckled before smiling. "Don't be. First off, thank you for being such a huge fan of mine. I really appreciate it. I wear the glasses and have the dog because.. I lost my sight in the crash. As for Minho and I, we are doing okay considering the circumstances."

 

"Oh my.. I had no idea. The news just said you were in stable condition and that you should be back to singing soon."

 

Jinki gave a small smile. "If it were up to me, I would have already stood in front of the lot of you and told you myself, but I can't. Would you like a hug? I would have signed something but I aa.."

 

"OH I completely understand.. and omg that would be amazing." He heard her squeal as he stood up, and opened his arms.

 

"Come on." He chuckled when she rushed into his embrace for pulling away squealing over the connection.

 

"Thank you soooo much. My sister will never believe this."

 

"Thank you for being such an amazing fan." He smiled, and heard her receding footsteps as she ran down the path. Jinki clicked his tongue and Goldie rushed to his side. "Come on, I'm hungry, and we need to stop and get you a toy don't we?" The dog barked in reply, making the man chuckle as they walked away from the bench.

 

XOXOXOX

 

"What do you mean he's not there?"

 

Minho sighed at the older man through the phone. "I mean he stormed out this morning after our argument and hasn't been back since."

 

"What the did you say to him that made him leave Minho?"

 

"I.. I tried to get up this morning."

 

"You did what?"

 

"I tried to get out of bed... without the help of Jinki." Minho sighed and fiddled with the fabric of the pillow in his lap. “I didn’t want to bother him. He hasn’t been sleeping well lately.”

 

“He worries about you. You need to talk to him about this so he can help you help yourself.”

 

Minho gulped, guilt surging through him. "Yeah.. you could say that again."

 

"Well, we are almost there. If he isn't back by then... I’ll go look around his favorite places.".

 

XOXOXOX

 

"I guess I shouldn't have left my phone huh Goldie?"

 

The sun was setting as the air began to cool. Jinki shivered at his lack of clothing, having stormed out this morning in just a pair of sweatpants and shirt that he had worn to bed. In one hand was the leash for Goldie, the other held the bags full of dog toys and treats, and the medicine Minho took for muscle development. Around the corner and a couple more blocks and he would be at his apartment, if everything went as planned.

 

But of course it didn't. Jinki knew something was up when he heard Goldie growl. The dog began to pull on the leash harder, making the man move quicker, but that didn't stop the hooded man from grabbing Jinki by the back of his shirt, pulling him into an alley after knocking Goldie away from him against the wall. The dog slumped to the ground with a whimper. "Where are you going pretty boy?"

 

"Home." Jinki fought against the man's restraint, but it was pointless. He felt the other man pull off his glasses, making him squeeze his eyes shut.

 

"Are you blind? Really.. just my luck it seems." Before he could do anything else, Goldie jumped and latched his sharp teeth into the man's arm, making him shriek and release Jinki. The dog barked and snarled, standing protectively in front of the fallen singer. Knowing there wasn't a way to win this, he ran the other way, allowing the dog to walk over to Jinki and gently his face.

 

"Thanks.. Thanks boy." The dog allowed the man to hug him, his fingers tightly gripping the dog's soft, golden fur. "Come on... Let's get home boy." He grabbed the bags he had dropped, and even with his limp Goldie managed to get them home. Pressing the button on the elevator, his heart was beating against his chest. His glasses were gone, broken and shattered in the alley from being stepped on by the hooded man, and Jinki knew his pup was injured, just by the constant whimper that came out of the dog.

 

He knocked on the door, when Goldie stopped walking. The door swung open. "Oh my god Jinki." Taeyeon rushed to him, only to pull away when he saw the bruises on the man's arm and neck... and Goldie who was holding his limp leg up. "What happened..."

 

Jinki walked in, and Minho's heart sunk even further. "Jinx.." The man looked over toward the voice, his emotions finally cracking as he rushed towards it. The younger man reached out, grabbing Jinki by the hands before allowing the older man to fall into him. Jinki pressed his head into Minho shoulder. "What happened Jinx?"

 

"Don't.. worry about me. Check Goldie." But Taeyeon was already doing just that.

 

"Tell us what happened Jinki." Minho's voice was soft, full of love and concern.

 

"I.. I was walking back.. This guy came.. If it wasn't for Goldie I probably would be in the alley still." Jinki took a breath. "He was glad I was blind.. Like it made the robbery even more easier or something."

 

Minho pulled the man closer to him, hating the world they lived in. Who attacks a blind man as it became night and harmed a dog? Who attacked someone at all? Kibum was standing just a little ways off, his hands over his mouth in shock. "I was worried about you Jinki.. You were gone for so long."

 

"I...'m sorry. I just needed... fresh air."

 

"I'm sorry about his morning Baby. I shouldn't have done all I did." He wiped the tears off his boyfriend's face, not caring that the other man was making his arm press into the gears of his chair.

 

"I love you. I'm sorry I overreacted."

 

Minho kissed the man's hair, whispering... "I love you too." He had been worried sick that something had happened to the man. He had been gone for over 7 hours. Guilt had tortured him all day, and it made him feel like that he had basically caused all this to happen. If he hadn't done what he did, and said what he said, Jinki wouldn't have stormed out. He would have been home and the attempted robbery wouldn't have happened.

 

He barely heard Taeyeon and Kibum talking about Goldie, who was laying by the door, looking over at the blind man. His leg was probably fractured and he would need a cast, but all of them were thankful that the dog was there when he was.