Apologies

I'll walk *revised*

" this." Jinki flipped the book off his lap and leaning back into the chair. He had been asked to learn how to read braille, and he hated it. He sighed as he looked toward the direction of his boyfriend.. It had been 4 months, and he still hadn't opened his eyes. Jinki took off his sunglasses, gently rubbing his eyes. He had to learn how to live without his eyesight, learn to walk with a cane, learn to realize things wouldn’t be as simple as they once were.

 

"I'll be right back Minnie. I need coffee." He said quietly, knowing he wouldn't get a response. He just always loved to talk to the man, even though it was always a one sided conversation. He kissed the man's cheek, before slowly making his way out. His cane tapped gently against the floor as he shuffled his way back to the room. It was then he heard the commotion happening. Once his sight had decreased his hearing had become a lot better, and his heart began to beat fast when he heard them say Minho's name.

 

"What's happening?" He managed to ask, his voice uncertain, worried. A nurse looked over at him, before slowly walking over to him.

 

"He's waking up sir." Jinki's heart stopped.  He pushed his sunglasses up, before nervously sitting down at his normal chair, fumbling a little to find the armrests to sit down safely. He could hear Minho moving, limbs grazing the fabric of the sheets, groans forming from his lips, and the hospital personnel working together to take hold of the situation.  Jinki pulled his legs up to his chest, closing his eyes. Closing his eyes helped him believe for a moment nothing had changed. He tried to ignore Minho's groans, the incoherent speech, and the doctor's orders to the nurse's as they checked the man as he woke up.

 

Jinki finally removed his fingers from his ears when he felt a hand on his shoulder. "He's asking for you." The nurse's voice was soft.

 

Jinki shuffled over to the bed, grabbing for Minho's hand. "Hey Minnie."

 

Minho smiled though Jinki couldn't see it. "Jinx.."

 

"Oh my god Minho." Jinki pressed his lips against the man's hand, tears falling from under his glasses. Minho tried to speak, but his throat was dry and raw. "I know.. .I know.. I have a lot to explain, but just rest okay." Minho managed to raise his hand, slowly pulling on the really dark sunglasses on Jinki's nose, but Jinki stopped him. "Please don't. They aren't what they used to be. Rest now.. I'll be here when you wake up okay Babe."

 

Minho didn't want to rest. He wanted to know what Jinki meant, and why he was here. Memories of the crash were fuzzy, and he couldn't piece all the fragments together. Jinki pulled his chair closer, holding Minho's hand as he carefully took his seat. He could hear soft breaths and little mumbles of tried speech, but nothing coherent. “Just rest. I don’t know what you’re trying to tell me.”

 

Minho was tugged back into sleep a moment later, and Jinki kissed his knuckles. How was he supposed to tell him he couldn’t see.

 

                                                                              xoxoxox

 

7 months after the accident, after coming and going and not really being all there, and after the various tests were done, Minho woke up as the drugs wore off, and he could see and think clearly once again. He looked over to see Jinki curled up in the chair, and he noticed the scars along the man's eyes. They were tiny, and numerous on both sides, his hair doing nothing to hide them.

 

"Jinki." He was surprised by his voice, but at least he could understand what was coming out. The older man began to stir, quickly pushing his glasses on his eyes before opening them out of habit. He turned his head toward the bed, Minho called his name again. "Jinki."

 

"Hey." Jinki smiled softly, kissing the man's cheek, after slowly finding it with his fingertips.

 

Minho tapped Jinki's arm, and the older man understood. He lifted his arm and allowed Minho to pull himself into sitting position, and both had the memory of learning Minho may never walk again.

 

"Tell me.. about the.. scars." Jinki sighed as his fingers ran gently over the tiny scars around his eyes.

 

"In the accident, many shards of glass entered my eyes. The scars are every single entry point."

 

"And the.. glasses?" Minho took a deep breath, still a little woozy for the aftermath of the pain killers.

 

"I.. I can no longer see Minho. The damage was far too great for them to fix it.”  Minho frowned. “The accident left them in an altered appearance. I wear these because of it.”

 

"Come sit.. with... me?" Minho tried to move over, but as the drugs finally wore off completely, he realized the reason he couldn't feel his legs wasn't because of some drug they had him on. He really couldn't feel them. His eyes widened... "I can't feel my legs...Jinki.. what.." He tried to move them, but he couldn't. He knew they were down there, he felt them in that way, but he couldn't move them. No matter how hard he tried. Jinki pressed the button, alerting the nurses.

 

He told them when they came in and went to get the doctor. The doctor came with a sad expression. "I thought this might happen."

 

"What do you mean?" Jinki asked as his fingers moved slowly in the hair on Minho’s neck.

 

"Minho suffered severe damage to his spinal cord, in his lower back. I feared that even after we set it all into place, that he would lose the ability to move anything from his waist down."

 

"Will.. he be able to walk again?" Jinki asked softly, fully aware of Minho's hand gripping his own. The older man knew of the younger man's love of sports, and being active. Jinki didn't know how not being able to walk would effect the man.

 

The Doctor shook his head. "There is a chance, with severe physical therapy. He might learn to walk again." Jinki turned toward Minho when he heard the man sniffle, trying to hide the fact he was crying. "I will leave you two alone."

 

"Seems we are both broken." Jinki muttered silently, before looking up and smiling. "But at least you woke up." Jinki moved his hand slowly through the air, looking for bed, before softly sitting.

 

Jinki pushed the man over slightly, settling in beside the man, glad that Minho was grasping his hand. He looked over at the other man when he heard Minho whisper, "I.. I'm sorry."

 

"About what?" Jinki stared at the wall, like he usually did, because it was much easier on him if he stared at a plain, non moving surface.

 

"The fight." Minho sighed, fingers gently moving on the back of Jinki’s hand in his lap. “I always seemed to leave you in the middle of plans because of something the coach or players wanted me to do. I seemed to forget how important you are to me. You gave up a lot for me in your career, to stay at home and be close with me… and I never seemed to give you the same.”

 

"Don't be sorry," Jinki gently leaned into Minho's shoulder, closing his eyes behind his dark glasses. “I shouldn’t have tried to suppress it all, never should have gotten in that car with those pent up feelings. The accident was my fault. You were looking at me when it happened.”

 

“I’m still sorry. So sorry."

 

“I love you Minho, no matter what, I love you.” He moved his hand over the oh so familiar face, his fingertips softly running over the younger man's lips, over his nose, to his hair. Minho really needed a haircut, but Jinki turned, pulling Minho to him, but stopping half way. "You'll have to finish."

 

Minho gladly pressed his lips into the older man, and Jinki couldn't ignore the hot tears that he felt on his face coming from the younger man's eyes. "We will get through this." Minho whispered, more to himself than Jinki.