Nostalgia

Our Stars

Kris POV

"Sir, I heard that the Korean branches of EXO Corporations is sending representatives here to deal with the construction of the new city." Mei sets down a cup of black Americano in from of me. "They're arriving today, and I'm wondering if you would like to go greet them at the airport."

"Why should I." 

"It will help with establishing better foreign relationships. After all, the Korean branches are on better terms with major American companies than we are." I open my eyes and stretch from my nap. Aish, being CEO sure is tiring. And boring. Mei places a stack of documents on top of the half-finished stack she gave me this morning. "Also, these are some of the plans for the construction that need to be reviewed and approved by tomorrow." I sigh and rub my tired eyes. I've been working nonstop for three days in a row, but the workload doesn't seem to get less.

"Who are the representatives they're sending." Mei opens her planner and flips through it.

"Umm...it says here...Kim Jongin, Byun Baekhyun, Oh Sehun, Park Chanyeol, and Do Kyungsoo. Kim Joonmyun was supposed to come as well, but he is getting married next month and he politely declined the invite." Suddenly, I feel much more alert and awake.

"Park Chanyeol...you say?" I ask slyly, the gears in my brain starting to churn.

"Yes. And his father says he will be bringing a "people's representative". A girl named Lee Seulbi." Lee Seulbi? Is that the girl...oh yes. Yes she is. Park Chanyeol and Lee Seulbi...well well well. Quickly, I leap up from my leather chair and shrug on my coat. Grabbing my phone, I call my driver and tell him to be at the parking garage in five minutes. 

"Wait! Mr. Wu where are you going! You still have to finish approving all of these plans and look over the contracts with possible sponsors!" Mei calls, panicked. 

"Where do you think?" I smirk in anticipation at the thought of his horrified expression.

To pick up a very special friend.

Chanyeol POV

Seulbi's eyes are as big as saucers as we step off the plane. I keep telling her to slow down and follow the group, but she keeps wandering around. Although I hate to admit it, she looks so adorable. Like a little child in a candy store with a hundred dollars to spend. I'm not surprised, of course. I've been to China too many times to count when I was younger, sometimes dragged, sometimes willingly.  But ever since the...incident with my sister seven years ago, I never found the courage to step on Chinese soil again. Just by being here brings back so many painful memories.

"Hey, man, you okay?" A arm grasps my neck and pulls it playfully. I look up and I see Kai. He's smiling as if he's joking, but I can see real concern in his eyes. I try to smile and shrug him off roughly.

"Sure, whatever. Do you want to die? Attacking me like that." I joke. No, I'm not okay. I want to hop back on that plane and go back to Korea right now. But I really don't have a choice right now. If I go back...there's no telling what my father will do to Seulbi. 

"Chanyeol, we're all here for you, you know. You can lean on us. Don't try to be tough, it doesn't suit you." Sehun nags, holding HwaYoung's rabbit plushie. Baekhyun comes running and makes a leaping jump, landing on my back. Locking his legs, he hangs on for dear life as I threaten and attempt to shake him off. 

"Don't beeeee like thiiiiiiiisss!!!! Chanyeeeeoool!!!! I loooovvee yoooooooouu!!!!! Sooooo looooovee meeeeee BAAAAACCCCKK!!!! KIIIIIISSSSY KIIIISS!" Baekhyun shrieks, puckering his lips and leaning towards my cheeks. Kai exchanges a sly look with Sehun and they smile evilly. Throwing down HwaYoung's plushie, Sehun jumps onto me on my right side, weighing me down onto my knees. Kai jumps on with all of his strength and forces me down, my cheeks touching the cold marble floor of the airport. 

"YAH!!! GET OFF OF ME YOU IDIOTS! AAAGH, YOU'RE ALL SO HEAVY! LOSE SOME WEIGHT!" I scream. All the people going by look at us like we're some band of crazy lunatics. But my best friends pay no attention to me and all pucker their lips, trying to kiss me. 

"Don't mind us!!! We're just trying to show our love for our friend here!" Baekhyun explains cheekily to peole watching in Mandarin. Suddenly, I hear laughter by my head. I force my head up to see Seulbi and HwaYoung covering their mouths and snickering. That Do Kyungsoo guy is just leaning against a pillar, staring at Seulbi weirdly. What's he staring at? I glare at him with disgust, hoping he sees me and know how much I don't like him. 

"Well...you guys are causing...quite a scene on your first day in China." A deep, mocking voice says. My heart stops at the voice, because I can recognize it anywhere. I feel my friends tense up on top of me. Quickly and calmly, they get up and help me up. I can no longer hear Seulbi and HwaYoung's laughter, which confirms my suspicion. I look up and stare into a pair of cold, coffee brown eyes.

Kris.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, my fists balling up into fists. Out of the corner of my eyes, I see Seulbi shielding HwaYoung slightly. Silly girl, can she even protect herself from Kris's coldness? Kris laughs humorously and his head to the side.

"Why, I'm here to welcome the Korean representatives with a warm welcome. But...it seems like I'm unwelcome here." He smirks, staring straight at me. My blood starts to boil. "Sehun." Sehun flinches and moves behind Kai. "Nice seeing you again, my baby brother. Isn't time for you to grow up and stop hanging out with this trash?"

"Why? Do you want your brother to grow into a cruel and cold man like yourself." Seulbi blurts out. Everyone grows silent and stares at her. Kris turns to look at her and his smirk grows wider.

"Well well well. Hello Ms. Lee Seulbi. Welcome to China. This is your first time here right? I hope you have fun." He says mockingly. I freeze. How does he know her name? I see that Seulbi has frozen up too.

"How...do you know my name?" She asks quietly.

"Don't you think I would be the slightest bit interested in you after that little outburst you displayed the last time we've seen each other?" He responds mockingly. "Lee Seulbi. Fourteen years old this year. A younger sister and a mother in the family." He pauses for a second and a sly little smile slithers onto his face. "Oh, shall I mention more about your...interesting family background?" 

Seulbi's hands clench into fists so tight I notice her knuckles turned white. She lowers her head, not saying anything. I didn't even think and walk briskly towards her, turning to shield her with my body. She tenses up and I knew she was about to say something like get out of my way, or move, idiot! So I grab her hand with mine and squeeze it behind my back. Praying that she'll be silent. Thank goodness, she didn't say anything.

"Stop it, Kris. You don't have anything against her. I thought that you were better than to let anything between the two of us spread to others. That was my last shred of respect for you, and you tore it up." I seethe. Kris doesn't say anything for a few minutes. I relax a bit, maybe he will give up. Baekhyun takes the time to quickly beckon his sister to run over and she frantically runs behind him and hugs him tightly. 

But I shouldn't have let my guard down around Kris Wu.

"You know...your sister said almost the exact same thing to me. Before she...died." Kris says mockingly. My world blurs. And all I can feel is the anger. No, not anger. Fury and hate surging up in me. But it doesn't make me hot. It makes me cold. So cold that I freeze. Everything, everyone is so silent. 

"Let's see, what did she say again? Oh right! Don't bring anyone else into this marriage, Kris Wu. I won't forgive you if you do. What's in this marriage between us will stay in this marriage." Kris knows he's won against me this time. But I can't say anything back. Not a single thing. I'm going to kill him. How dare he mention my sister with that dirty, filthy mouth of his? 

"Oops. I'm sorry, did I go a bit too far on the first day?" Kris says innocently. "Oh, well. You should go rest. It's not fun when your component forfeits in the first round, don't you agree? Again, a warm welcome to China. Have fun and eat lots. I'm leaving." And with that, WuYiFan turns around suavely and disappears into the crowds of people. And I'm left, frozen. Still unable to say anything. 

A warm pair of hands touch my shoulders, making me wake up from my internal conflict a bit. I look up a tiny bit and I'm staring into Seulbi's worried eyes. She leans in and says softly, "Chanyeol, are you okay?" 


Honey and lemons...

I shrug off her hands roughly, making her stumble a bit before that Do Kyungsoo guy catches her. But I'm already heading in the opposite direction. Sorry, Seulbi. Not today. I can't deal with you today. You just...remind me so much of my sister. And it hurts. It hurts so much more than you can imagine. Today, only one person can comfort me. I walk faster and faster, until I'm jogging, until I'm running, until I'm sprinting. Baekhyun chases after me, yelling and asking where I'm going. But I ignore everything. 

Today, I need to visit my sister's grave.