Nice to Meet You

Our Stars

SeulBi POV

The uniform didn't fit perfectly. I had to tailor it in eight different places for it to fit properly. When I finished tailoring it, I was really proud of myself. But now, as I walk inside the school I'll be studying in for the next four years, I wonder if I should have ironed it too. Compared to the other uniforms, my uniform seems old and worn. It sure doesn't boost my confidence.

My name is Lee Seulbi. I am fourteen years old and starting high school today. A few months ago, I received a notice saying that my application to the most elite high school in Korea, Daewon High School, has been accepted. I will be receiving full scholarship, as I long as I remain the top student in the nation. My mother stayed home that day and she made InYoung run out and buy a half pound of beef. That night, we had the most expensive meal we've had since when InYoung was born. 

As I climb the red brick steps to the school, I can see the judging looks everyone is giving me. I can hear the mean comments made about my fraying uniform and my old schoolbag. I can feel the disapproving aura all around me. I'm used to it. It's nothing compared to the gossip the ahjummas and and ahjussis spread about my family. Its normal for someone whom's mother had her at age sixteen and is a dropout, not to mention that she didn't learn her lesson and had another baby four years later. When I was eight, I realized that I'm different from other children. I can't do what I want to do because of my background. So I vowed that I will become richer than all those spoiled little brats and protect my little sister, InYoung, so she never has to go through what I did.

Finally, I reach the top of the stairs and I take in the view of the beautiful school. It's incredibly tall and has this majestic feel to it. A few months ago, I never would have dreamed of being able to come here. I reach into my plain schoolbag and take out my schedule. I bite my lip as I study it. It says that I have Latin first, in room 34 in building D. Where in the world is building D? I search around for someone who seems friendly enough to ask. Finally, my eyes land on a laughing girl who seems cheerful and friendly. But when I gather up my courage and walk to her, she stares at me like I'm a idiot before I've even starting talking. Embarassed, I duck my head and walk away meakly.

You know what? Who needs these spoiled little princes and princesses anyway? I'll find building D by myself, without any help. 

Everything will be fine, I tell myself. I just need to get through one day at a time. Confident again, I quietly begin the long and tiring search for building D.

Chanyeol POV

I whistle to the new Vixx song, Love Equation as I pull on my shirt. My uniform was specially made by my favorite italian designer and perfectly ironed and pressed until there can't possibly be a single little crease. But of course, I wear it untucked, no tie. It's my style. Finally, my look is completed with my signature grin. Big and idiotic. Today is the first day of high school and honestly, I can't wait to see the boys again.

My name is Park Chanyeol. I am the only child and heir of one of the twelve linked companies of the world known EXO corporation. EXO corporation is an extremely famous group of twelve companies that specializes in just about everything. My family's branch, the Park branch, sits at the top of the group because of our participation in all trades. Of course, being the only child of such a important family means I've gotten whatever I've wanted from the day I was born. Bank account at age zero. Yacht at age three. My own movie theater at age eight. And my very own penthouse apartment since age thirteen, which is where I have been living in by myself ever since. 

My phone rings, scaring the near daylights out of me. The screen flashes Dad and my heart starts to get cold. Why is he calling me? There's nothing good when he takes the inititative and calls me. I hesitantly pick up the phone and says, "Hello?"

"Next time, pick up quicker." The cold, deep voice responds. Even though I know to not expect anything from the phone calls, I can't help but be excited when he does call. And right now, hearing his cold voice reprimand me so harshly makes my insides churn uncomfortably. 

"I'm sorry." I mumble weakly. "What did you want, father?" 

"Don't be late today. Your actions reflect me as how I am as a father and will affect my position in the world greatly." I would love to see the look on his face the day I decide to join the mafia or something. "Also, there's a interesting girl at your new school. Scholarship student, first year, and apparently the top student in the country. Pay close attention to her." 

"Yes father." But he had already hanged up. I take a deep breath and put on my grin again. No need to let such a trivial matter get to me, I think. It's not like you're not used to it already, Chanyeol. I hop through the piles of dirty laundry and candy bar wrappers to my front door. Maybe I should hire a housekeeper, it's really getting a bit messy in here. No worries, I can take care of that later. Today, I'll just focus on living happily today.