The Job (Chapter One) *unfinished*

Snow in the Spring

The temperature was intensely high. I opened the door thinking maybe the wind would come in, but a bird came instead caused me some trouble. I dealt with the bird for quite some minutes before it flew away with open wings. I closed the window and when I was about to turn on the cooler, a series of incessant knock on the front door. Unwillingly, I left my room and opened the door.
"Would you get the keys?" I reprimanded and threatened her with my eyes.
Eun Ae giggled softly and fondled my back. "Don't be angry, please. I don't have to bring my keys anyway if you're always home."
I rolled my eyes and clicked my tongue.
"Why won't you get a real job and be outside of that little world of yours? Then, I might start to bring the keys and do not rely on you to open the door for me." She remarked.
I penned novels for my job. So far, I'd only published three of my opus. Only one of them did successfully in the market. However, I, as the writer, didn't really make it. My dream was to be a sublime novelist like Haruki Murakami. I had severely fallen in love with the writing style of Murakami. He could draw a thing perfectly, vividly, and wondrously. His words were like magic which absorbed my whole soul thoroughly. Yet, I was still a failure as a writer. Every time, people asked me to get a real job, their words struck me like a thunderstorm. They went straight to my mind and my heart. They made me feel more worthless of myself and pointed out my good-for-nothing life. Well, there's nothing I can do with my life. My work will always be a failure, and so will I. The world is going to be unfair all the time and I have to accept that wholeheartedly.
Just as my feeling started getting worse and worse, my mind recalled of the name card that Kwon Ji Yong gave me days ago. Actually, I was going to talk about this to Eun Ae but I refused to. It was all to not to be hit by her for not giving her an opportunity to meet her favourite idol face to face.
"What do you think if I become a lyricist?"
She gave me a look as if I was joking or thinking could that day be the first day of April.
"Well, if being a lyricist can earn you good money, then why not? It was really frustrating to see you stressed out every time you get writer's block. I don't even know what's that supposed to mean. And furthermore, only one of your books do earn you quite a lot of money and that was 2 years ago! Now, you are the worst miser I've ever met."
I sighed. She was true no matter what.

I had faced my cell phone for almost 30 minutes then. And for those 30 minutes, I was hesitating whether or not to call that number. I mulled over my truly want. Would I regret the option I chose? Would it work out as expected? At last, I thought it wouldn't be really bad to take the plunge and called that number. Subsequently, I was connected to a woman who greeted me with hello, this is YG Entertainment and you're talking to Sae Jin. How can I help you? I had no idea how these people could talk to strangers so articulately, yet I had gathered all of my courage and stuttered, "Is… Is this the company where Kwon Ji Yong works?"
"Yes, indeed. Is there anything I can do for you?"
"Umm––Well, uh…"
"Sorry, Miss, but if this is a call for the purpose of meeting or talking to Mr. Kwon Ji Yong privately, I'm afraid that you may not and you can not."
I immediately cut her before she started to say balderdash stuff I totally despised. "No, I'm quite aware that my purpose of calling you is for an employment."
She gasped. "Oh, I'm so sorry. But, could you please explain about this employment you're asking for more specified? Well, if you don't mind."
"Alright," words started to flow nicely from my vocal cords, "A few days ago, I met Kwon Ji Yong and he offered me a job as a lyricist at this company and gave me a card. He also told me to ring this number if I am interested. The end."
Sae Jin replied, "Hmm.… Actually, this has to go through a legalised procedure. You do not just call and say that you want to be a lyricist. We surely are recruiting trainees, but lyricists is a different thing. I'm quite certain if Kwon Ji Yong was the one who offered you the job, then he must have found you talented in this kind of thing such called writing. Please do tell your address, a form and a piece of paper where the requirements to complete the procedure are written will be sent to you. So, read that and do not simply lose them. Because we will simply do not send you any copies and you simply do not get the job."
I nodded as if she could see the nod. Then, I hung up the phone after some unimportant dialogues were spoken.

Two days after the call, a post for me came. No need to ask, it certainly contained of the paper Sae Jin promised.
I opened the door for the postman and he gave me the post and asked me to sign a receipt. I said thank you and he left.