Soulmate

15 Minutes

“Yah! Book worm! You are not going anyway this time.” A group of boys cornering me. Its been a while since I managed to escape from them.

I didn’t know why they like to bother me so much. Last time they throw my bag over the roof that I had to find a ladder to get it back. Not to mention how I had trouble cleaning it. And that day when they took my shoes, I had to went home on barefeet. I didn’t get it where is the fun of bullying people like that? But what can I do? I just prayed for this time wouldn’t be so much hurting as they push me hard onto the ground. Are they going to hit me this time?

“Don’t touch him!” was it Eric’s voice I heard?

“Eric, I don’t know you’re passing by.” Said one of  the boy.

“I’m not passing by.” I heard his steps closer.

“So, you’re gonna join us?” said other boy.

Eric didn’t reply. He just pulled my hand helping me stand on my feet and lead me away.

“Yah!” a boy pulled his shoulder hard, made him turning back, but at once he throw his fist right on the boy’s face, made him fell against the ground.

“Don’t – touch – him.” Eric in coldest tone I ever heard. And the group didn’t even dare to make a single move. I swear I never saw him this mad. He was so scary that made me frozen. He held back my hand and drag me like he always did.

“Eric, go ... gomawo yo.” When we reach my room that day. If its not him, I was surely had died now.

“You must stay close to me from now on.” He kicking his shoes, threw his bag on my bed. I agreed staying close to him was the safest way but then again I’m not a coward always standing behind him, hoping he will always protect me.

“Gwaenchana. I can take care of myself.” I smiled, not wanting him to get me wrong. But suddenly he push my back to wall. He grip tight my shoulder, lowering his face to my level.

“Yoku kikunda, Kyo.”1 His voice stern and low.  “Itatteba, itainda. Sore de itsumo boku wa kimi wo mamori tsudzuketeru.”2 I was not really understand what he said. I just concluded that he must be angry to me, judging by his tone. I didn’t dare to asked what it mean cause I already scared. “Just … stay close. Ara?”

I nodded to his words. He finally let go of me and settle himself down on my bed. Taking his regular nap.

I sighed, exhaling my breath which I unconsciously halted. Then I lay myself beside him. I tended to say sorry but he was pretty fast asleep. I let him be. Cause sleeping Eric was way better than awaken. He was quite and cute.

I lift my fingers, trailing it down his brow, his nose, his lips -I had no worry since I know he was heavy sleeper- He was perfect, not like me. I caress his cheek, down his jawline. He have all that masculine feature that I don’t have. I wish to have what he have. Oh, I envy him so much.

 

“Pilkyo, can I ask you something?” a girl the same class with me. Stopping me before I went out the classroom.

“Ne, what is it?” the girl looked very happy I don’t understand why.

“I…emm.. I know that you are so close to Eric. Will you please give this letter to him?” he handed me folded pink paper I don’t know whats inside. “Thank you Pilkyo.” She smiled wide before letting me go.

After school, me and Eric went to a river. We sometimes spent hours there fishing, playing or just lazying around. He was sitting on the big rock near the stream. I sat beside him and I did what she asked me to do, I gave him the pink letter.

“Mueot?” he asked me.

“Mollayo. I just asked to give it to you.”

He opened the letter and read the content. Moments later he sighed, crumpled the paper and throw it faraway.

“Why did you throw it?”

“Its not important thing.” He looked at me and sulk. “She likes me. And want me to be her boyfriend.”

“So what do you say? She’s pretty girl Eric. Everybody likes her.” I tried to convince him. It must be cool to have pretty girlfriend.

“But me.”

“But why?”

“Look, If you like her then take her out.” He side eyeing me.

“Kkk, I will, if I have handsome face like yours.” He knew I was joking. I could never start a conversation with anybody.

“…so you think I’m handsome?” then he paid full attention to me. Did I say anything wrong? Yes, among all boy in the school, he is the most handsome. At least that was I thought…and so did the girls.

“Eh, I mean… Girls always like you. So isn’t that mean you’re handsome?”

“Tsk. I don’t care about them.” He back to his lazy mode. Hands behind his head, feet playing in the water.

“Seriously, why you never go to date?” Did he, by any chance, already have a girlfriend?

“I’m too handsome to date common girl.” Cheeky B blooded is cheeky.

“Tsk. Eric, seriously…”

“Kimi ga iru kara, zutto sobani irukara, sore de ii, dare mo iranai yo.”3  He smiled.

“Whats that mean?” I really hate it when he said something I don’t understand. I knew that I was stupid but that doesn’t mean he could play me around like that.

“I don’t like them.” he plainly said, his facial turned annoyed. But don’t you think his saying was quite long just to translated to that short line? “Aren’t we soulmate? You should know me better.”

“Yes, but no, I can’t understand you.” Sometimes I thought I know what he think or feel. Sometimes I feel like he treat me more than just a friend. The way he looks into my eyes, the way he hugs me. It felt so romantic.

That scared me somehow. Why he put eyes on me, his male buddy, while girls are lining up for him. That’s why I keep telling myself to not believe my instinct.

 “Ok, but you may understand this.” He stood up suddenly pick me up bridal style.

“Eriiiiiiic!! ” he threw me to the river. That silly idiot buddy of mine threw me to the river with my uniform still on. He joined me seconds later after he had enough laughing me. “I hate you!”

 

***

 

Seven years pass by, we graduated from high school and attended the same university. I still receiving some letters from girls and he would throw it away as usual. I really wanted to say stop to those girls but I have no heart to do that. Cold Eric is cold, I still can’t get it why he never take a girl to date.

“Eric, today…I got.. 3 letters.” As I put it on the table and take my coke bottle. We’re sharing the same apartment now. Well, not making any difference since we’ve been together since eternity.

“The girls again?” he side eyeing me while munching his burger.

“Dangyeonhaji. Who do you expect it come from? Me?” I giggled over his lame question.

“Actually, yes.” I choked by his words. I swear I felt my face became warmer. Seriously, the joke wasn’t funny.

“My father called me last night.” After a while.

“Hmm… What did he said?” I never heard his father called before.

“He want me back to Tokyo.” He sighed “He needed me to run his company.”

I felt a slight pang in my heart. Did it mean he will leave me? That he will no longer stay by my side? But what can I do? If its for his future sake then let it be.

“Oh, that’s great then. You will be a great heir.” I said smiling, and gulped my drink. He didn’t continue to speak any. Damn why my heart really hurt?

“When will you go, Eric?” I broke the silence. As we both down lying comfortly on the floor.

“Next week.” spreading his arms. “Will you miss me?” he suddenly lift himself, hands prop up his face.

“Why I have to miss you? You silly idiot.” I rolled over my belly.

“Ouch, That’s hurt Kyo.” He looked down, extruding his lower lips. “I thought you want me to stay”

“Will you stay if ask you to?” I rolled again, this time on my back, hands behind my head.

“I will.” He rolled closer.

“Andwae. You better go to your father and help him. That’s what a good son should do.”

He move closer and lay over me. I felt his weight pressing on my body and our face was so close. I lift my hands to push him but he caught them and pinned them down aside my head.

“You really won’t miss me?” he stared through my eyes. I couldn’t lie anymore.

“I… I will miss you Eric.” my tears was only at the verge “I will miss you.” And I couldn’t stop it streaming down my face. I’m a man. I was embarassed, I should not crying. But I’m only human who has limit. The pain of loosing Eric was so unbearable that I might crying blood for him. Yes. Along these years, I need him more than I know.

“I’ll miss you to.” He swept my tear “Nakanaide…”4 He lean down, engulf me in his warm embrace. I wish the time would stop. I wish.

 

Came the day, where I have to let him go. My bestfriend for life. I escorted him to airport. We’re waiting for the flight.

“Its 15 minutes to your boarding. You better get ready.” I looked my watch ticking away our last time together.

“Kyo, do you ever have any idea why I never date a girl?” he suddenly asked. Yes I always want to know.

“Hmm…No. Waeyo?” I smiled, expecting something funny slip his mouth like he always did. “Don’t tell me your father had arrange you marriage?”

“Baka, sonna koto jya.”5 He laughed wholeheartedly. I always like his silly laughter. Make me wanna laugh to. I learned Japanese recent years and yes, I know whats that mean.

“Saa, nandesuka?”6

His laughter stopped. Now he staring deep into me. He lifted his fingers and brushed my cheeks. Sending strange vibration through my spine. It felt so warm, so right I guess my heart skipped a beat.

“Daisuki dakara. Daisuki.”7 before he slowly pulled me into a kiss. A sweet gentle first kiss from my best friend.

“Eric… I..” I didn’t know what to say. Everything happened too fast for me to comprehend.

“All passenger.…” the announcement came.

“Got to go now. You know where to find me if by any chance you miss me.” He took all his belongings and walked to the boarding line. Neither Eric or I bid goodbye because we simply know this was not the end. “Jya, mata.”8

Tokyo ni matte kudasai ne, Eric.9

 


Footnote

  1. “Listen carefully, Kyo.”His voice stern and low.  
  2. “Of you hurt, I’ll be hurt to. That’s why I will always protect you.”
  3. “Because I have you, because you’re always by my side, it’ll be okay, I don’t need anybody else.”
  4. “Don’t cry…”
  5. “Idiot, its not like that.”
  6. “So, what is it?”
  7. “Because I like you. I like you.”
  8. “So,see you.”
  9. “Please wait for me in Tokyo, Eric.”

 

Hi~~thank you for reading. Thank you for sub, and thx for comment.

So, how was the story? Do you like it? ^^

 

As you see, i deleted oneshot tag, cuz I'm thinking of adding one final chap for this story.

Just cant let this relationship hanging like this T_T

I can't promise will write it in near time, I can only promise you the next chap gonna be [M] xD

Saa, jya mata~~