Bestfriend

15 Minutes

My name is Pilkyo. And I don’t really like my name, honestly. But what can I do? it was my parents authority back then. I’m A blooded and my zodiac is Sagittarius. That’s all you have to know.

Let me tell you a story about me and my lifetime buddy. I was fifteen when I was first met him.

I was waiting for regular bus to go to school but damn, the bus wasn’t showed up that day and I knew, I had to find other way or I’m gonna be late. Taxi was okay even if I have to pay extra. I looked at my watch once a while. School time was getting near  and I was still standing at the bus stop. I thought here it was, the end of my flawless school report. I not even once getting late to school. Not even when I was sick.

Clock was ticking away, I only stood there in the verge of crying. I knew I was not gonna make it in time. But suddenly a motorbike stopped infront of me. Yeah, infront of me, because theres no one else there at the bus stop but me. The boy on the motorbike slide-open his full face helmet.

“Yah, are we in the same school?” he asked me all of sudden. I took a look at his uniform,  definitely the same as mine. Yes, we were attending the same school. I just nodded to answer.

“Eoseo, school will start in 15 minutes.” He moved his head, signing me to take leave. But I was afraid of riding motorbike, never in my life using that kind of vehicle. Its two tyred only, what if I loose balance? Then I’ll fall and I might die!

“Hajiman...” how to say no in polite way? “but I don’t have helmet.” I said stuttered.

“Its not like we’re gonna race.” He replied. “Its up to you, ride with me or be late.” He turned the gas, making a loud annoying sound. His words made me think twice. I took once more glance to my watch. Damn, I have to do this for the sake of my report.

“Joha.” I said agree, and quickly suit myself behind him.

“Hang on.” The last word he said before we speeding on the road. Tell you the truth, I was so scared that I was holding onto him so tight. I was afraid that I’ll fall down somewhere on the road before I could reach school. And his speed was no joke. Damn it. It was like riding a roller coaster which all I could  think is die.

But after my endless fear, I sensed him slowing down his motorbike and I dared my self to opened my eyes. Call me chicken I don’t care, but yes, I closed my eyes along the way.

Seconds later we entered the gate. Right at the moment before the bell rang. He kept running slow down to the parking lot and stopped his bike on an empty slot.

I loosened my arms, we had stopped but my heart was still racing in there, my body was shaking. But I managed to get off and fix my uniform. He pulled off his helmet and hung it. Then I recognized him. He was that boy!

His name is Eric. Our school most famous genius. He always get the first rank while I only got the second place or third. I personally had this jealousy over him. But since he had helped me, I thought I will no longer keep that bad feeling for him. My mom said I must appreciate good people and be a grateful man.

“Gomawo.” I bowed a little, being polite to him, but he was not showing any response. Then I decided to turned around and just walked away, class must had been started by now.

“Jamkkan!” I flinched to his calling. I stopped and turned back to him. Had I done anything wrong? He stepped closer and stood infront of me. I caught he was bit taller.

“Whats your name?” he asked my name?

“Jung…Pilkyo.” I replied.

With that he raised his right hand and start fixing my hair. Damn, it must be the wind. Shame on me I didn’t even realize my messy hair.

“Kawaii. There Kyo, you ready for class.” He smiled, and walked pass through me. Leaving me there dumbfounded. Did he just say 'kawaii'?

That was the most awkward 15 minutes I ever had.

 

Few days later, I spotted him with his friends playing basketball at the school yard. He was sweating all over his body and I could hear the sound of his rubber soled kets scraping the glass-like floor. And some girls were cheering him up by the fence. He was so lucky, borned genius and handsome at once, not like me, people knows only my name at the rank board. No one except some of my classmates really knew me. I was not anti-social though, just hard for me to make friend. People tend to called me bookworm, girly, skinny…spill all that mocking words. I had heard it all.

“Kyo!” I was afraid if I misheard. I turned around and searched who was calling me. There he was running closer while waving to me. I was like ‘what the?’ when I saw some girls were also running after him. Then he just pulled my arm, drag me along running to the canteen which is at other side of the school. I didn’t even had a chance to ask why due my hard breathing. Me and sport had a bad term  however.

“Catch!” he bought two bottle of cold water and throwed one to me. I took it and gulped half the bottle. I supposed to had my PE the next day, not wishing it to come earlier.

“Wae…hah…” I was still trying to catch my breath “why did you .. hah.. pull me?” I swept my sweat trailing down my face.

“No particular reason.” He gulped some more “just fun to have someone to run with.” I swear I nearly fainted by his blunt answer.

That was how I lost my precious 15 minutes break.

 

“Pilkyo-ah, honey!” my moms voice calling me from downstairs. “Your friend is here.” She added.

Friend? I hadn’t make any appointment with any friend. It was holiday and I always spent my holiday doing homeworks or reading some new mangas. If my moms means Jinnie, my cousin, then he is definitely not my friend because he just bugging the hell out of me everytime he pay a visit. He screwed my bed, scattered my books, touching my stuffs that I don’t like it very much.

“Honey, he’s going upstairs!” she added. Owh, whatever. I lazily closed my book and jumped off my bed, stepping to my door and opened it to find out who was that friend of mine could be.

And it was Eric, standing there with a smile on his face. The only question in my head was ‘why?”

“Hi Kyo.” I couldn’t say anything as he just walked in like he own this very place. I did remember him asking my house. I thought it was just a casual question like you ask your friends name. Never thought he will actually coming over.

“Hey, you like them to? Woah, cool.” He waved something he had found on my  shelf. It was Larc-en-Ciel’s CD I just bought the day before.

I like them to? Did he even know them?

“Their songs awesome and their lyric is beautiful.”

“You…like them? Do you… do you understand Japanese?”

“What do you expect? I’m half Japanese.”

Later did I know, he lived only six houses away together with his aunt. Made me thinking again about how distant I had been along this time.

We found out so many similarities between us. For much surprising, he know Japanese way better than I did -of course, his father is Japanese- that I felt all I know was nothing near him.

That day was the only beginning of his continuous visit. We would go to school and home together. Sometimes he would stay afterschool to night or might sleepover depend on his liking. He told me about Japan, listening to musics we like together, hunting mangas, buy ice cream. He started to be apart of my life.

 


 

Note :

1. Kawaii is cute.

2. L'arc-en-Ciel is my fav rock band actually.

 

So do you like this 1st chap guys? ^^