You're My Tinkerbell

EXO SCENARIOS

Waking up with slightly sore limbs and an aching back, you stretched out and looked around the unfamiliar room.

 

Oh yeah, you thought.

 

You were waking up in a brand new room with a different layout and furniture had you a little jumbled at the moment. You had just moved to Gangnam, South Korea from China which wasn’t hard since you partially raised there in the first place.

 

Having over-protecting sometimes overbearing parents meant that they wanted, what they said, the best for you. A father, who was a doctor, expected that you would become a well-educated young lady and your top of line fashionista mother wished to have her beautiful daughter become a refined, eloquent lady. What better place to go other than Korea, they had told her. 

 

You slightly chuckled remembering their argument of where they wanted to settle. It took nearly forever for them to pick a location. Finally, neither of them could argue when it was suggested to move back to their hometown. Yet, you didn’t mind that much.

 

You really weren’t that outspoken so you never had real close friends. People usually got friendly with you just because their parents wanted them to. You always saw that immediate discomfort of fakeness when they put on those sickly sweet smiles on their faces. It disgusted you so much that you built walls to block everyone out. Even to your parents, you built walls to protect them from knowing how much it pained you when your peers treated you like that. However they still found out what you had to go through every day, which was why they really moved to Korea. It was supposed to be a fresh new start just for you. As much as you knew that they had good intentions, it didn’t matter. After a couple of months, all of this would be forgotten.

 

“_______ ?” a voice called you out from your thoughts.

 

“Hmm?” you responded turning face to face to your mother.

 

She looked exceptionally young looking for her age. She had a rather slim and slender body, clothed by various labels ranging from Chanel and Gucci. Her eyes always sparkled and her laugh could light up the whole room. Her personality, however, did not match her looks at all. She had the mentality and the excitement of a five year old. Outsiders would find it funny and sometimes extremely embarrassing (especially when she tried to follow her child in her “sneaking-not-stalking-but-really-is-stalking-my-child” outfit) but for you it was just your mother’s love.

 

“Yah! It’s the first day of school and you’re not even ready?” the woman exclaimed with a pout.

 

“Joahamnida, Umma.” You reply giving her a small smirk.

 

“Well you don’t want to be late, do you? So palli, palli!” she squeaked as she excitedly turned to go back downstairs to the kitchen.

 

You sigh and turn to the set out uniform.

 

You swiftly put it on without much care. You barely looked at the mirror totally unaware of how beautiful you really were. The uniform hung in all the right places on your body. Your hair was gorgeous the way it naturally framed your face. Your eyes had the same sparkle like your mother’s and you walked with elegance while your limbs moved fluidly like a dancer.

 

“Omo! You look like a model! Where’s my phone?” your mother said as you came down the stairs.

 

“Aniyo, Umma. It’s the first day of a new high school. Don’t treat me like I’m five, Umma. Jebal?” you groaned sliding into one of the eighteen dining set chairs as your father chuckled.

 

He too looked younger than his age but still older than your mother (one of those great genes your mother bragged). He had a tall figure clothed by his usual black dress pants, freshly ironed shirt (as courtesy of your Umma) and a colored tie (also picked at the courtesy of your Umma). His eyes had a few wrinkles at the corners caused by his often habit to smile. He had a personality that balanced his spouse. He was the only who could reign in your Umma once she was on a roll which was exactly what he was trying to do right now.

 

“Jagiya, _________ is right.” He said. She pouted and you pretended to slightly gag at the newlywed couple term.

“Besides you can always take pictures when she gets home, so she’s not late for school.” he added while grabbing his wife for a hug.

 

“Yah! Appa, don’t give her unnecessary ideas!” you retorted as you watched your parents giggle at your reaction.

You roll your eyes but smile at the cuteness of your parents. Not wanting to disturb them, you say goodbye and head off to school. They barely noticed the uneaten food from your breakfast still on the table. You were sure you would be scolded when you got home but you really weren’t hungry.

 

Time to go to another hell you thought as you walked off.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

School was such a waste of time. You really didn’t see the point in going if it weren’t for your parents. You were part of the advanced program of the new school (thanks to the inheritance of intelligence from your parents). So basically that meant a study hall for your schedule. You had also taken on Fine Arts and Music just because you were bored. Yet, school was just like your other old school.

 

You arrived not caring with your ear buds in as you arrived to your designated homeroom (with the help of the map given to you by admissions). You preferred to blend into the halls. Hardly anyone noticed you but you didn’t care. You enjoyed observing the way they acted with each other. You were especially entertained when you were able to tell people’s personality based on how they acted.  It was just way too easy to figure out the typical stereotypes by their behavior.

 

First and only scheduled class was Fine Arts and Music.

 

Great, you thought sarcastically.

 

You follow the map to one of the schools many music rooms to find twelve guys in it.

 

“Wae?! Wae won’t you go to the Gucci sale with me?” a hair, panda-looking guy complained to a handsome, tall golden haired guy at one side of the room.

 

By the piano sat an innocent, half asleep looking dude playing the guitar with a wide eared, giant looking figure seemed to be smiling like an idiot. Next to them, another four guys trying to out note each other with their singing. One was wide eyed, next to him looked like a deer with sparkly eyes. Next to the deer was an obvious troll that had a mischievous smirk when he wasn’t singing and next to him was a guy wearing- Wait. Was that eyeliner?

 

“One, two, three, four,” a voice interrupted your thoughts.

 

You turned your head to find a tanned looking guy showing dance moves to a blank “Does it look like I care?” face guy and a baozi looking kid.  At the sidelines, stood a paternal looking dude who was staring creepily like an old grandpa but proudly at the dance crew.

 

You raise your one eyebrow at the scene. You internally groan as you slump into the nearest chair. You had definitely signed up for the wrong class. Before anyone took notice of you, the teacher walked in. Everyone shuffled into their seats when the teacher whistled to grab their attention.

 

“Alright, then. Since this is a extremely small class and you guys are the only ones that signed up, let’s begin with introductions.” The class groaned causing him to raise his hand for silence.

 

“When I call your name, stand up and say one thing about yourself.”

 

“Byun Baekhyun.”

 

The guy with what seemed to be black eyeliner stood up with a grin.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! Jeoneun Baekhyun-imnida and I am a fantastic singer!” he added while striking a pose.

 

The taller guy laughed and gave Baekhyun a high fived while you and the others rolled their eyes.

 

“Do Kyungsoo.”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo. Jeoneun Kyungsoo-imnida and I enjoy cooking.” said the wide-eyed and heart shipped lipped guy.

 

“Huang Zitao.”

 

“Anniyohasyo-”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo. Exaggerate the “o” a little bit.” The teacher corrected immediately.

 

The panda-looking Zitao did what he was told obediently and not slightly embarrassed. He explained that he did wushu. You immediately noted that he was definitely Chinese.

 

“Kim Jogin.”

 

This time the dark skinned dancer stood up and showed that he liked dancing with a show of a couple of moves. All the guys applauded except for you.

 

“Kim Jongdae.”

 

“Annyeong. Jeoneun Jongdae-imnida and I like to play pranks here and there.” said the obvious troll singer from before.

 

The teacher raised his eyebrow as if saying, “Pull anything in my class and you’re dead.” with a small hint of amusement. Jongdae just threw him a smirk as if it was saying, “Bring it on old man.” It was clear to you that those two knew each other.

 

“Kim Junmyeon.”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo. Jeoneun Junmyeon-imnida and I-”

 

“Gramps” snorted the blank faced dancer. The guys first into laughter as the paternal-yet-slightly-creepy guy glared at him.

 

“-enjoy playing golf.” he continued

 

“Kim Minseok”

 

“Annyeong. Jeoneun Minseok-imnida and I enjoy eating.” the boazi looking guy said cheerfully.

 

“Lu Han”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo. Jeoneun Han-imnida but I preferred to be called Luhan.”

 

You looked at the deer-looking Luhan and was a little bit startled. You knew from the name he was Chinese. However, his hangul was pretty good.

 

“Oh Sehun”

 

“Annyeonghatheyo. Jeoneun Thehun-imnida and I enjoy bubble tea.” The blank guy faced dancer from before said with a small smirk.

 

“Park Chanyeol”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo. Jeoneun Chanyeol-imnida and I play the guitar.” The tall giant squeaked excitedly when he finally got his chance to speak.

 

“Wu Yifan”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo. Jeoneun Yifan-imnida and I would like to go to the galaxy one day.” The handsome, tall, blond guy said with complete seriousness.

 

Nearly every one chuckled at his sincerity.

 

 “Yang __________”

 

The boys muttered among themselves learning that there was another student among their crowd. It didn’t take long for them to locate you. All twelve sets of eyes looked straight at you. You could feel their stares burning holes into you. You sighed internally.

 

Great, you thought, just great, as you stood up.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo. Jeoneun ________-imnida and I like to write music and dance.”

 

“Zhang Yixing”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo. Jeoneun umm… ah… oh yeah… Yixing-imnida and I enjoy making music, too, and dancing.” said the very last guy flashing a smile with dimples at you.

 

You couldn’t help but think it was kind of cute those dimples he had.

 

Immediately after the teacher released to do… well… anything really, all twelve guys crowded around your desk. They flocked you with thousands of questions that you could barely keep track of. You kind of shrunk in your seat as they tighten your personal space. It wasn’t until they saw your reaction when they realized what they were doing.

 

“Sorry ___________-ssi.” said Junmyeon sheepishly.

 

“No. It’s alright, Junmyeon-ssi. I’m not quite use to all this kind of attention.”

 

“Call me Suho.”

 

“And you can call me, Xiumin, and Jogin prefers Kai. Kyungsoo is called D.O. and Jongdae is Chen.” added Minseok.

 

“Also I’m Kris, Yixing is Lay (because it’s easier to remember for him) and Zitao prefers Tao because it’s shorter.” says Yifan.

 

“Speaking of names, are you Chinese, _________-ssi?” asked Tao curiously.

 

“I’m half actually,” you answer, “I actually just moved here yesterday from China.”

 

“Omo. But you’re hangul is so good!” Baekhyun remarked which you gave a little smile to.

 

You didn’t know that at that exact moment you smiled each one of those boys’ heartbeat sped up a little.

 

“I grew up in this area until I was seven. My family and I moved to China due to my father’s work.”

 

“What do your parents do?” Chanyeol asked but instantly regretted when he saw you suddenly stiffened and saw the wall

be put up in your eyes.

 

“My father’s a doctor and my mother is a housewife.” You answer a bit more steely.

 

“Oh does that mean you’re the daughter of the famous heart surgeon, Dr. Yang.” Suho asked completely and utterly oblivious to the coldness that grew in your eyes.

 

“Yes, it does.” you reply in an even more chilled voice.

 

So much for the way it was heading for before, you thought. It was going so well before her parents were brought into the conversation. However before you could totally put up your walls, Suho remarked something else.

 

“My father was a colleague of your father in college at their first internship. My father is the professor that consults with your father from time to time.” he babbled cheerfully.

 

You relaxed. You knew he was telling the truth. Suho's father was the professor your father loved to crack jokes with. His mom was also a best friend of your mom, too.

 

"So _________-ssi do you like bubble tea?" Sehun interrupted your thoughts with the first smile you had seen on his face.

 

"You can call me __________ and I love chocolate bubble tea." 

 

"Really?!?! Me, too! See hyung, chocolate is good." he said to the deer-eyed guy

 

The others went into a big argument of what flavor was better. You laughed when they hid behind you or used you as part of an argument. You didn't know the arousal of all the heart beats that thumped each boy’s heart each time you laughed. You stop laughing when you saw them staring at you with astonishment.

 

"What?" you said cocking your head to the side.

 

"Nothing. Your laugh is pr-pr-pretty." Chanyeol said looking bashful.

 

You looked away feeling the heat reach to your cheeks. That broke the tension and they began to tease each other. You felt for the first time you fit. Yeah, this was gonna be a good couple of months.

 

Months did pass by with most of the time spent with the twelve other guys. They had actually debuted as the group Exo and were using this time to get ready for their comeback. Each day was different from the other. You often found yourself using study hall watching them practice their dance moves, listening to their singing, or here and there helping them with a creating lyrics for a song. You didn't realize that each member grew more attentive and attracted to your presence when you walked into the room. They were like a swarm of moths swarming a bright light.

 

Your mom was thrilled. Not only did her only child bring home new friends, all of the friends were handsome guys. Every time the guys came over, she would mother them with lots of affection. She would tease them and tell them that one of them better marry you. You would often be embarrassed but thankful that she was supportive.

 

 She had seen that these guys were different from previous "friends." She was afraid that they would be the same as the previous "friends" especially since these friends were growing in fame. She had seen how heartbroken you were the first time you found out the reason why people were friends with you. Sometimes she regretted the influence that the lifestyle and careers she and her husband had. She felt disgusted how people were so kind and sickly sweet to your face and then spread rumors if you made a mistake.

 

Your father on the end was not so thrilled but only at first. He became a little suspicious with the fact that twelve guys were befriending his beautiful daughter. The only thing that changed his mind was speaking to Suho's father. He still had a father's protective need to keep his daughter by his side but he began to trust them a little bit more especially Suho.

 

But like all good things, good times must end. It was time to face the reality that had been growing for so many years. But this time you were ready to face it head on.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

"Have you heard from ________?" Sehun asked his hyungs in the midnight darkness on the streets of Gangnam. 

 

The eleven other guys turned to look at him. The same thought was racing through their head. They were worried.  They hadn't seen you in a week because of their travels to China. You hadn't answered any of their texts. They had called you to them what felt like a billion times but each one went to voice mail. Every un-answered message increased the anxiety and guilt that perhaps they had ignored/annoyed you.

 

"No." Lay sighed as he turned of his phone for the 20th time that to check for any messages from you.

 

"I miss her." Kai whined and personally all the other members agreed.

 

Being away from you was like flowers taken away from sunlight. You were different for other girls. You treated them the same way even though they became famous. You spoke your mind and didn't care for gossip and rumors. And they loved you for that.

 

"We all do, Joginnie. She'll probably be in school tomorrow. We'll see her then." Suho chided the maknae as they trudged towards their dorms.

 

However the next day when they went to school, you weren't there. Or the next day or the next day after that. Eventually the maknaes, Sehun, Kai, and Tao, overheard that you had not been in school for the past week. The rest of them freaked out when they heard that you were out for so long so they decided to go straight to your house after school.

 

"Who is it~" said a recognizable sing-song voice.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Eomonim. It's us." Kris responded.

 

The door swung open and there was your mother. The guys saw that she looked a little shaken. Little hairs stuck out of her braid while her hands slightly shook. She had grown paler and perhaps thinner. She still looked good but not as sleek as she usually was.

 

"Omo. I'm so glad you all came." she whispered and hurriedly hugged each one of them as if they were her own sons.

 

"Come in. Come in. Palli, palli." she quickly ushered them all in the house.

 

"I'm made jjajangmyeon. It's ____________'s favorite meal. Take a bowl and eat some of it. You all seem to have lost so much weight recently. Have they been feeding you? By the way, ____________ is upstairs. Why you take a bowl up there when you go up okay? Okay? Palli, palli!" she spilled as she gave each boy a bowl of jjajangmyeon with chopsticks and an extra to Lay to bring up.

 

Confused, each member took a bowl of jjajangmyeon and climbed up the stairs to your room as they were pushed by your mother. They shared looks of wonder and skepticism. Something was not right here. They were being rushed more than usual but they didn't care once they reached the door.

 

Lying in your bed, you were looking at the albums your mom made of you and your friends. You gave a thin, small smile remembering the times you all shared together. You paid no attention to the soft knock on the door.

 

It was probably your mom, you thought.

 

"Come in." you said in the practiced clear voice.

 

The door opened and with it came several gasps. You looked up to come face to face to twelve faces. There stood Suho, Kris, Xiumin, Luhan, D.O., Lay, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Chen, Tao, Kai, and Sehun all with the same face of horror. You mentally sighed and gave them another thin smile. You knew what you looked like. You had lost a lot of weight. Your complexion was of a chalky white. Under your eyes were bruised looking bags. In your left arm was a needle attached to a clear bag IV. There were also bruises all over your body, some purple and others yellow.

 

It was time to tell them. You had Leukemia. The cancer, that you had a constant battle with for the past seven years, was back. Sometimes you were able to get rid of it for two months at the least or six months at most. However this time, it was gonna win. Your body was growing weaker and rejected most of the treatments. Doctors had not detected a small part of it and it had grown beyond the point of getting rid of it. They told you that you had until the middle of spring.

 

Silence was followed by your explanation. Then, Xiumin was the first to react by going straight to your side.

 

“He he. Remember that day at Lotte World?” he commented as he pointed at the picture.

 

The others followed his actions remembering the funniest parts of that day. They knew that you didn’t want any sympathy. You were still you and you wanted to be treated as you always had been. Yes, it was sad and you accepted that. You hated the fact that you were giving your family and friends a burden. For that you knew you weren’t going down without a fight.

 

Weeks passed by and the guys fell dangerously more in love with you. Every hour consisted of you. They had decided to finish their education later but you refused to have them over again until they agreed to have tutors assigned from their company, SM Entertainment. This was so that they could spend every sweet second they had with you and they treasured it. The supported you and treated the same way they did before.  

 

Kris and Suho showered you with various, random, and sometimes expensive gifts. Tao would babble about nonsense sometimes and show you every new item of Gucci. Sehun and Luhan brought you bubble tea every time and use aegyo on you to stay longer. Chen would troll his other members to make you laugh as they fell victim to his tricks. D.O. would try to feed you every time and scold you when you had no appetite. Kai would carry you to the dance studio and have you watch his dance with Lay and Xiumin. Baekhyun and Chanyeol would impersonate their members and mockingly complain about the other members.

 

One night, you were back at home in your bedroom. You were listening to Lay’s song, My Girl, as it wafted around your room from the speakers. You nearly jumped out of your skin when there was a knock at your door.

 

“____________?” D.O. whispered cautiously.

 

“It’s okay, D.O., I’m awake. Come on in all of you.” you said as you turned off the music.

 

 “We have a surprise for you.”  Chanyeol bounced as the twelve guys gathered around your bed with his guitar in one hand.

 

“It’s an early present for your birthday tomorrow.” Lay added with a guitar in his hands, too.

 

You sat up with excitement. You loved hearing their voices and music. It made you forget the needle sticking in your arm and the aching all over your body.  They sadly smiled as you weakly gestured for them to start. Quickly, Chanyeol and Lay played their strings.

 

I brush off the dust on the old diary The inside that suddenly opened up, brightly
You are there still Like before, you are remained
I recall the pictures that I lived forgetting The little tremblings splurge in my body
It’s a bit of a sad thing that we can’t go back to that time

I’m going to look for you Tinker bell that the memories sent Neverland that followed through
At that place While looking at each other, were we smiling
Forever your peter pan. Your man that stopped the that time
Although I’m lacking, I’m running to my you that I loved so much

The mischievous rascal that bothered you a lot The defeated memories are vivid
Starting from that time I gained your heart and even a kiss
My heart was always flying while riding a cloud
You were prettier than Wendy, Cinderella
Because I feel you, the one person that makes my heart beat My two eyes shine

I’m going to look for you Tinker bell that the memories sent Neverland that followed through
at that place While looking at each other, were we smiling
Forever your peter pan. Your man that stopped the that time
Although I’m lacking, I’m running to my you that I loved so much

The face that shows the pinkish color The feeling of walking on the clouds (Although we were together)
Baby boo! The picture like You that my heart beated to! (Although I wanted to hold on)
That time like when your eyes that gently smiled (Although I put out my hand Oh!)
If you were to fly to me right now through the open window in the part of my heart (You get farther Away)

You that i bottled in my fairy tale, as always, lingering around sweety girl (Don’t leave)
I’m still trembling the part of my heart that you’re not in this place is a lonely island (The me from that time)
You that is written in my memories pretty girl that won’t get erased! (is here right now Oh!)
My heart is still beating the one part of my heart that you’re not in (Where could you be)

Our relationship that shows of a watch spring How much would it have changed
Although I e page that I lastly wrote about you in, no longer
Do I have the strength to read on I’m going to erase the sad writings
It’s not going to be the end of our story
Because I’m going to meet you again


 

 As they sang, you closed your eyes when they filled with tears. One hot steaming tear escaped, slipping down your cheek. You could feel the streak it left behind as it fell. Your heart pounded faster but painfully. It was like a chain tightening every time your heart thumped. Your breathe escaped your lungs.

 

“We wanted you to *cough* uh… umm… let you know,” Luhan said in a gruff voice when the music stopped, “you’re our Tinkerbell.”

 

“And that we will miss you so much!” cried Chen as he threw his arms around you.

 

You could feel him trembling in your arms and hugged back. You looked around and saw all eyes were glistening. Kris, Lay, Luhan, and Tao were already shedding tears when it struck you.

 

Reality shocked you like bolt of electricity down your back. You were surrounded by the gentlest, kindest, and loving people you ever met. They were your support and foundation. And they too depended on you. They would remember you for who you were not where you came from.

 

“Thank you,” you started sniffling, “Thank you guys for everything. You have made me so happy these past months. I’ll never forget that until end. I hope one day you find someone special and know I’m looking down with a smile.”

 

“You mean with a ‘Hwaiting!’ fist, too.” Chen added through his hiccups.

 

The room burst into laughter and tears were wiped away. Together you sang for hours until it was time for them to leave. You hug each one of them goodbye. Then you went to your room and went to sleep

 

You never woke up.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“A new album and a new style. You all must be excited, right?” the MC asked the twelve guys sitting in front of him.

 

They nodded their heads in agreement. Exo had just made their comeback called Wolf and Beauty. Their singles, Growl and Wolf, were off the charts along with their new album XOXO.

 

“Well, there is something that many of us want to know,” the MC said gesturing from the audience to them, “About a certain song.”

 

“It’s the one called Peter Pan. It’s about Tinkerbell who is forced to watch her love (Peter Pan) be in love with Wendy from the sidelines and you confessing your love for her. Fans want to know what inspired you to create this song. How did you come up with that idea? Was it made for someone special?”

 

“Yes.” Lay immediately replied taking everyone by surprise in answering first.

 

“Tinkerbell is a person we all know,” Lay smiled at the thought, “She is strong and beautiful but went through lots of struggles to grow that way.”

 

“Omo, who is this mysterious girl and will we get to meet her?” said the MC as he and fans leaned in more to hear.

 

All of Exo’s faces faltered a little and shook their heads. Fans could feel the sadness flooding from them.

 

“And why would that be?” the MC persisted for more information, totally ignoring the dropped atmosphere and the heated glares of fans.

 

“Because that person passed away six months ago.” Sehun replied with a tight smirk.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Hi guys! Nice to meet all of you. I'm sorry this took so long. I was trying to find an inspiration when I found something on Instagram. It's rather sad but I hope you guys like this and if not sorry I'll try better next time (TT-TT) Btw I am going to also update my other story by the end of this week or weekend so go check it out if you have a chance. Also please comments on both stories, I don't know what you think if you guys don't  tell me (~3~)

Thanks again for reading!!! *bows*