Our encounter

Wednesday with the demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

According to The True and Truer Prophecies of Meggy Huttingson (the world’s only complete book of prophecies written in 1403, before she exploded), the world would end in 4 months’ time, on a Saturday. To be more informative, it would be around dinner time, where the family would gather to watch football and fight about who was the better player. (In Hyukjae’s honest opinion; Man U was without Park Jisung around)

While the devils were all aware and oddly relaxed about the whole fiasco, the humans remained ‘stupid and ing oblivious’ (quoted from Heechul after he get drunk in 1782) to the apocalypse. However, who could blame them; they thought that the world would be overrun by zombies in 2012. (Hyukjae was partly at fault, he was after all the one who started the rumour just because he was bored)

Back to the topic, Hyukjae was tasked as the VID (very important demon) to prevent the world from collapsing. Why? Because the prophecy said so (Duh). The demon was believed to be the only one powerful enough to prevent it and to be honest; the blond haired creature of the night was handling it pretty well.

Everyone in the underworld feared him; ending their life without question should he ask. Of course, there was the whole big hoo-ha about the consequences the demon would face should he fail, but Hyukjae never let them dampen his mood. He had confidence and that would be all he need.

--

Eunhyuk cocked his head to a side, the smug smile never leaving his lips as he leant forward, hands behind his back. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you.” The deep velvet voice sank right through the blue haired male, melting him into a puddle of goo. At that moment, Donghae was pretty sure he was still dreaming.

As soon as he had laid eyes on Eunhyuk, he swore there was an explosion of sunlight behind the guy, the non-existent hymn of angels making him float.  Cliché isn’t it? Well Donghae was that awestruck to imagine it happening. At first he doubted his eye sight because this Eunhyuk was human, with no black wings and blond long hair. This Eunhyuk had wild red hair, slightly curly and attractively messy. Unlike the Eunhyuk in his dreams who often spotted black leather, this Eunhyuk was dressed casually in ripped skinny jeans and a graphic wife beater.

“Hey, earth to you? It’s your turn to order mate.” Eunhyuk teased, snapping his fingers in front of Donghae’s face for good measure. The blue haired boy blinked furiously, ears flaming as he spun on the balls of his feet and made to order. He could feel heat radiate from the “guy of his dreams” (literally) as Eunhyuk stood too close for comfort.

The redhead whistled an odd tune, hands stuffed into his pockets as he kept his hazel orbs trained to the taunt before him. (It was a piece of art) ‘How does he even remember me? That’s amazing.’ Last he checked, Eunhyuk met Donghae when he was at the age of six and still needed his plushie to be able to sleep.

Donghae shuffled away from the other after he had placed his order, suddenly feeling the urge to piss. Bolting to the toilet, he left his drink forgotten on the counter. He winced as he checked his reflection in the mirror, his whole face redder than any tomato. Running his hands under the cold water, he splashed some on his face, sighing in relief when some colour faded and he felt much calmer.

Chocolate orbs stared intently at his reflection, thick brows furrowing as Donghae contemplated the chances of Eunhyuk being real. The human did bare striking resemblance to the creature, minus the wings and their voices sounded exactly the same. Deciding that the best shot he got to clear his doubts would be to confront the guy; Donghae patted his cheeks and echoed a cheer in his head.

“.” Donghae groaned when he realised that he had forgotten to take his drink and rushed back out, heart pounding as he hoped that Eunhyuk would still be there, sitting down and waiting for him. However, the blue haired guy was never the best of friends with luck and felt his mood sink when no redhead was seen.

Grabbing his drink from the counter top, his eyes widened when a note fluttered to the ground. Picking it up immediately, his mouth fell open in disbelief. Donghae read and reread the words, feeling hope blossom in his chest again. Lifting his chin, he saw the redhead staring at him, leaning against the wall on the opposite street.

Eunhyuk smiled, lifting his strawberry frappe in salutation before pushing himself off and walking away. Donghae took off after the other, drink gripped tightly as he tore down the streets. For someone in skinny jeans, Eunhyuk sure moved fast, weaving in and out of the crowd with graceful ease. Hazel orbs shone as he caught sight of the blue haired boy running after him in a shop window.

He slowed down purposely, not wanting to exhaust the boy too much. Sure enough, Donghae grabbed the back of his shirt and hauled him into an allay way, not caring when people were giving them strange looks. ‘Be gone.’ Eunhyuk thought, secretly willing the passers-by to walk away. The few who gathered around them blinked in confusion, quickly moving away in a trance.

Shoving his drink into the redhead’s free hand, Donghae ran his hands over Eunhyuk’s back, pressing into his shoulde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter