You Can Go Your Own Way

Allargando

2

You Can Go Your Own Way

[WORDS - 7513]


"Murder. I suggest murder. As a highly successful lawyer I know the perfect way not to get away with it."

"May you tell your beloved husband to stop a) exaggerating b) irritating and c) plotting because he's not listening to me." Yoona stressed out massaging her temples, she was beginning to get a head-ache. One she really did not need right now, she had enough on her plate. She was pregnant, needed to settle a divorce, still reeling over catching her own 'beloved husband' cheating - with a male and his boss no-less. Not to mention the whole Soohyun fiasco.
Urgh. She did not want to think of any of those right now.
 
"Heechul, just shut up okay?" Leeteuk said softly into his husband's ear, which surprisingly worked. There was not much which would make Heechul stop talking once he started aside from Heechul himself and Leeteuk, the latter in the rare occasions when Leeteuk was stern. Those rare occasions were becoming more of a frequent occurrence though as the normally mild mannered man dealt with his distressed baby sister who was taking her break-up with her husband not as well as she pretended to. She could think too much.
 
If you could even call it a break-up, a break-up sounded so minute [maɪˈnyut] in comparison to this mess of a separation, then again break-ups were almost always one-sided things. One side ended up okay, the other not so much. Siwon was the former, but Yoona was the latter. One could assume it was that Yoona cared more or was more sensitive but Heechul liked to think that it was because Siwon was a heartless, selfish bastard or a very, extremely shallow little man who deserved no pity. Yoona could agree with the shallow part though probably not to that extent, Siwon had always been a little bit shallow - even his mother admitted it. Siwon was so easy to flit from one thing to another because of a couple of stupid things, he would swap phones like anything because one was sleeker looking than the last even if it was worst in quality or other factors.
 
It was the same with most technology actually. It was annoying, yes, but she wouldn't have held that against him as a horrible thing, it was just a weak example of his shallowness. His mother used to describe his string of high-school girlfriends as beauty show contestants due to Siwon only choosing a girl if she was considered the 'hottest in the class' at the time. Not to mention with pets too, he always wanted the prettiest pets not the ones who had the most personality and he would always go for young ones because they were cuter but he never really thought through with his choices and it was a lament for his mother during his youth. How many goldfish did they have to go through and so forth.
 
Siwon was not all shallow, half of it was fickleness rather than shallowness. No one was perfect after all - he was flawed as he was human - and they weren't all that defined him. He could be loyal as well... but that was a couple of his major character flaws. The fact he seemed to lose all brain-cells at times was one of these flaws, she figured it may be a male habit by now - that may be somewhat ist - but from what she heard men could be very one-track minded at times and Siwon certainly fell under that. It made her feel better pointing out Siwon's flaws, and out of the relationship she could list a lot more than she ever thought she could than she could when she was still in it, a list of things she wouldn't miss about Siwon. 
 
For one thing sleeping in the bed was a whole lot more comfortable without him, he either clung to her making it hard to breathe and far too hot or he attempted to take up the entire bed to himself by pushing her as far away from him as possible which was both uncomfortable with elbows digging into her and precarious with the clinging onto the bedsheets to not land on the floor. Not to mention if he even so much as had the littlest amount of alcohol he snore like a freaking chainsaw. 
 
D.I.Y. He was hopeless with that. Sure he could put up shelves, but would he ever put them up straight? No, they would all have to be slightly tilted. Wallpaper would never quite line up, he was never ones for the little details in D.I.Y which was why Yoona usually settled for doing that. He tried, dear of him, but he was never quite to the standard she wanted or could do herself.
 
Vanity. He spent far too much time on how he looked a lot of the time and it was a pain when she needed to get somewhere but had to wait on him. Not to mention sometimes he did not look much better after his long times of preparation but she never had much heart to tell him otherwise even if she did get whispered remarks about what he thought he looked like. If he felt good about himself why should she tear that down for him? Even if she cringed a little sometimes.
 
Leaving doors unlocked, he was a killer for that. It drove her up the walls that he would occasionally leave the house with the door unlocked if he could not find his key. She ended up just wanting to tie the darn key to him or pierce his ear and put the thing in his ear so he would not lose it, did he not see how he made their house insurance pointless if the house was bugulared amongst a number of things.
 
. Would it have killed him for a little more sometime? Not to mention how he figured his size factored in skill as well, it was how you used it not how big it was. She found him a little boring as well in that sector if she was to be honest, he was not one for change and expected her to be in the mood when ether he was as if she had a 'yes, please' button he could push by showing his . 
 
Yoona chuckled quietly to herself at this, the idiot - she could never really refuse him though as when she did he always looked so pathetic that she give in at the end.
 
But at moments like this... she missed him despite all these 'flaws' he had. She was so used to having him that it was so sudden to be alone, she had Heechul and Leeteuk but they weren't quite the same as a lover or a husband. There was times that she forgets that he's no longer with her and she keeps going to dial him up or ends up making his meal as well as her own, there was a huge gap that he had left in her life yet it was one that he managed to easily filled in before she was even out of the picture. If she was not pregnant... she sometimes wondered how much he would have cared , after all this was the one thing Kangin could not do in her place and completely and utterly replaced her with. 
 
Siwon was such a sometimes, that was a flaw she had to add to the list. All she had to do was to find a list which help convince herself that it was not all her fault that the marriage failed, that she just was not good enough or she was too boring or that she was an idiot for not recongnising the signs. At times she felt really guilty because she ended up wishing ill upon the new couple, but at times she just couldn't see how it would last because the feeble claims of love appeared after a couple of rounds of ? How well did they even know each other? How long till they got bored again? Was it even love or just lust? Kangin was still spending time with his paid ladies after all according to the bank statements. Then she had to feel bad yet again because she was supposed to be wishing them happiness rather than picking at it, and how much of it was born of jealousy or sour reminders to herself that she got bored of like a child's old toy they play with a couple of times then throw away and forget. That she was not loved anymore and perhaps hadn't been loved in a while - perhaps never really been.
 
She was crying again, she only realised that when she was pulled into a comforting hug. Thinking too much had again broke her down and she hated it. She hated being soon weak especially when Siwon was being so happy and flaunting it around.
 
"I hate him..." Heechul murmured to Leeteuk, who was near tears himself over his sister's state, as he squeezed his husband's shoulder reconsolingly as Leeteuk merely nodded. Seeing what they were putting Yoona through - whilst she was pregnant no least (a time where she really did not need the stress) - how could they not feel that way. It was not like they were ever really that close to Siwon - he had never really made the effort with Yoona's family unlike what Yoona did with Siwon's.
 
" him." Leeteuk muttered.

"You're growing. You're visible now." Soohyun noted with the smallest of smiles, Yoona on the other hand was beaming looking like one of the proudest mother's in the whole of Korea.

"He's beautiful isn't he?" She stated clutching her ultrasound picture rearing to show Soohyun and anybody who would look. Soohyun arched her brow at the excited woman.

"He? It's too early for that." Soohyun chided lightly, Yoona nodded sheepishly as she passed the other the ultrasound picture. 

"I know but it's better than calling the baby 'it'." Yoona admitted running her fingers over her bump before resting them under it as if she was supporting the baby bump although it was still too small to properly do that. Soohyun nodded slightly looking at the scan.

"Well your baby is a very attractive blotch." Soohyun answered a little awkwardly looking down at the ultraound scan, Yoona chuckled lightly at that before pointing out the head, it was early days so without a prompt it was quite hard to see each body part.

"Did you and Kangin ever try for a baby?" It slipped out, Yoona was not sure why she even said it but the look in Soohyun's eyes as she looked at the scan made her wonder. Soohyun tensed up a little at the question, Yoona wouldn't have noticed that if she had not been watching so intently. She cringed a little at herself, it must have been insensitive especially so near her divorce.

"No..." Soohyun said after a while "He never really cared for one." Yoona's heart wrenched for her, Soohyun may not seem the most motherly of woman but there was something there - she could just sense it.

"Let's talk about these divorces." Soohyun prompted changing the subject.


Heechul eyed up the name on Yoona's phone, 'Yeobo' - in other words Siwon, she had not yet changed his name on her mobile and that depressed him a little. Yoona was not there, she had left her phone on charge whilst she went to have her rountine check-up with her mid-wife (a dashing young woman named Amber)... so should he answer it? He decided he would and let the other speak for a bit so he knew what he wanted then he would think how to respond cause why the heck did he dare call her. Didn't he have enough with coming to the scan? What else does he want.

"Yoona... it's Siwon about this divorce letter." That was all Heechul needed to hear, he remained quiet for a bit longer to figure out whether Siwon will continue and to figure out what to say. "Yoona? Please talk to me." Guilt talk, the issue is that Yoona - soft hearted as she was she would fall for it.

"There's no Yoona here darling, she your usual?" He drawled taking on some accent that he himself had no idea what it was supposed to be, he had decided what he was going to do. "But there's little ol' me and I'm more than willing to talk to ya, I get paid by the minute after all. Do you know what I'm wearing?" He tried to sound as sleazy as possible and he could practically hear the embarrassment in the other's voice as he managed to stammer back.

"N-Not in particular, I must have got the wrong number." Heechul smirked a little to himself.

"So you're not interested in the fact that I'm lying on this big silken sheet all on my lonesome in nothing but lacey ." Heechul purred down the phone, the other was making the oddest little choking noises, of course this was the moment Leeteuk decided to walk in and he was giving Heechul the strangest of looks. Heechul put his finger on his lip and gestured the other to join him on the bed. Leeteuk did before Heechul speaker phone so his husband can hear too.

"What are you wearing Siwon?" Heechul cooed still in that weird accent of his, Leeteuk nearly choked at this and Heechul had to rub his lover's back to cool him down.

"I... I have a boyfriend." Siwon managed out awkwardly, obviously

"Oh you naughty boy ~ do you miss him? Is that why you called up? Want to play a little roleplay?" Heechul said teasingly, Leeteuk was in a mix of amusement and horror at what the other was doing. Siwon however sounded far more like the latter than the former.

"I should be..."

"You're being charged with being , I have plenty of evidence but you can show me more." Heechul stated in an almost scarily accurate impression of Kangin, Leeteuk bit his finger to hold back sounds of choked laughter especially at Siwon's horrified yelp at his voice - Leeteuk was slightly curious where Heechul had heard Kangin's voice before though. Siwon hung up abruptly at this, Heechul ended in peals of laughter. 

"You have the weirdest sense of humour." Leeteuk said quietly, Heechul merely grinned.

"At least he wouldn't be trying to call Yoona again any time soon." Heechul stated cuddling into Leeteuk who hummed a little before grinning himself.

"Now what was this about lace ?"
"Oh, Mister Park. You willing to find out?"

If Siwon had tried calling Yoona again soon he may have heard sounds that would mortify him further and he wouldn't ring again.


Four Weeks Later.


Eunhyuk eyed up the court building, it was doing it's best to intimidate with the cold grey and the vast size of it. He was used to it though but he felt sorry for the newer lawyers or those who came here for the first time as it was not a comforting place at all. It was a small step above being in a police station Eunhyuk mused. 

“Shh, calm down, Kangie. Don't let her provoke you.” Siwon is holding Kangin's hand as they spot their wives, Yoona holding her growing belly protectively and Soohyun grinning smugly. “Think about KangWon.”

Eunhyuk had to blink blankly at that - think of the cat? KangWon was not going to be affected by this - she was a cat besides it was not like she was going to be disappointed in him, she was not even here. The most the cat would realise is that they were teasy but aside from that what was she supposed to do? Now if KangWon was a child, this would have made more sense - but a cat? Really? He had to hold in his amusement at the thought at the cat shunning them, slamming the bedroom door refusing to see them cause Kangin made a fuss. What despicable behaviour for those giant furless cats who cannot even hunt for themselves. It was not appropriate time to be laughing about such a thing or question some of his client's priorities (because seriously Siwon mentions a kitten over his unborn child who was more likely to be affected by a confrontation), besides he had other things he had to do.

“But this witch. Look at how she grins at us as if she won that whole thing already.” Kangin glares at her while Siwon pats his back. Eunhyuk groaned inwardly, Kangin's temper was going to be the end of them in this court case especially if this was only over Soohyun smiling.

“I will go look for Heechul. See you guys in a bit and no fights, please.” Eunhyuk informed them and left to find the mentioned lawyer. He just hoped he found Heechul before Heechul found him.

He wandered the corridors for a while with not much luck in finding him so far.

...

"Hyukkie baby~" Eunhyuk knew those seductive tones from anywhere. And so he was wondering where on earth should he run and hide to in order to escape the owner of that voice. Sadly it was already too late as an arm draped around his shoulder. He regretted searching for him now as since Heechul caught him first he had no chance of getting a word in because he haven't had the chance to brace himself.

"You're really going against me in court?" Heechul practically purred into his ear causing Eunhyuk to tense up at the sensation. "You foolish, foolish little man. I'm so proud of you, how brave to go against me - smarter guys would be running far by now." That was the thing Eunhyuk hated most about Heechul, he was always so unpredictable not to mention his compliments often sounded a lot like insults to him. "You're growing up so fast, taking your own cases - this one is a wrong one admittedly - but still. Oh Hyukjae, please try to put up a good fight I would hate to squish you."

There was that too, Eunhyuk hated being called by his real name - especially by him - and Heechul knew it too. Not a lot of people even knew his real name but Heechul had somehow needled it out for his own personal knowledge and use.

"I honestly wish you luck, Hyuk. I just wish you chose another case but this one." Heechul stated lightly cupping Eunhyuk's chin. His jawline tensed at the touch and he opened his mouth ready to say something, to say what needed to be said.

The physical touches, how he hated how physical Heechul was. How he invaded his personal space without any consideration all whilst having that tell-tale smirk showing that he knew exactly what he was doing.

"Heechul stop bullying the poor kid." Leeteuk's voice resounded out, a small hint of a mix of amusement and jealousy in his otherwise usual voice. Leeteuk wrapped an arm readily around Heechul's waist pulling him closer to him and Heechul just relaxed into his arms like a docile kitten looking as if he would start purring himself. Leeteuk's expression just showed a smugness then at how it was he whom had tamed the beast.

And how he hated how Heechul was a married man.

"Good game, Mr. Lee." Heechul stated holding out his hand for the other to shake still curled into Leeteuk's body. Out of respect Eunhyuk could not refuse.

"Likewise Mr. Kim." He murmured, this wasn't exactly what and all he wanted to say but it was he managed to - and didn't he feel about it. Then he gave a small groan at how casually the two seemed to enter a door that Eunhyuk distinctively remembered not leading very far.


"Yoona, can we talk for moment?" Siwon asked, Yoona wondered if she could say no. She did not really want to talk to him, a selfish part of her just wanted to cut him from her life completely and just get her life back together... but she could not do that for their child. Her child was her priority and it was unfair to deny her baby a father especially one who was willing, not all fathers would do the same. So she followed him to the corner near by.

"What has gotten into you? This is so not like you." What has gotten into her? What right did he have to say that! He knew all about what she was going through or feeling, he did not bother make contact unless he wanted something from her whether her child or to stop the case. How would he know what was like her or not, did he even know her? Yes she was soft hearted, too much for her own good - but she was not a push over.

"You know you will have a good life with our baby and I will financially support you as much as I can. So why do you want this ridiculous high sum of money? Are you in trouble? Have you got debts I do not know of? Or is it Soohyun's doing?" He was patronizing her and was he really that clueless about her situation, this was her idea as well - it was better to have it approved by a court than word of mouth. Was he trying to guilt or belittle her in dropping the case, as that was what it felt like... so how did he know what was like her if he was treating her like she needed help with her own decisions.

She looked down to calm herself, getting angry wouldn't help herself or her baby... she wanted him to stop talking about the case as well. Think, Yoona, think. She fumbled with her fingers. There was no harm in trying to tell him what she had learnt about the brothels from Soohyun, now may be her best chance. She felt the need to tell him even if he didn't tell her about what was happening. If Kangin was really going to the brothels still. She had to question one thing, who was an idiot enough to pay with card to an illegal business in the first place? How amateur was that? It would not show in the bank statement unless he used a card. She did not really support the business but she preferred the women being in a building with potential health care than being on the streets - but still a card? Did he want to get caught not only by his wife but the police as well? 

"I just want to keep you from doing a mistake Siwon-ah. I thought you could become happy with Kangin but I found out about something. I don't want him to break your heart." She found then just couldn't tell him straight - she did not want to ruin his happiness like he had done her's. She guessed she was still too soft-hearted then even if at the moment she felt like she wanted to hurt him due to his attitude, she still loved him too much to do so. She had tried to forget him but it was hard to when he flaunted around, shoving his relationship in her face - calling her up to talk about ... just because she was not shunning his new beau did not mean it did not hurt her to think about it. Siwon just forgets about all feelings but his own at times, it was just another of his flaws. Unless he could see the emotion on their face he seems to forget that they have any. "I only want the best for you just like you want the best for me. Kangin will hurt you."

She could tell that Siwon means well but he had never been the best with conveying meanings. She cringed a little inwardly at what she knew what she was going to say next - this was Soohyun's stupid plan. She said to ask for him back was the best way to get the meaning through to him that she was serious about Kangin, make him realise as well as make him think for once and to throw him off his game in court. Dirty tactics. These words were the only ones that were Soohyun's and not her own. She did not think he would say yes but she was half terrified that he would say it. She did not want him back - a large part of her just wants him to leave and never come back. The small part of her that wanted him back shut up quickly at the fear of that he would just do it again.

"Please, come back to me and we can start anew. I promise to be a better wife. I will do anything to make you happy.” She felt ill at her own words, she sounded so pathetic and she was not the worst in their partnership - she had not defiled the sacred vows of man and wife. The person who did that was Siwon, he should be the one who should aim to be better. She had planned out a better speech than that but her revulsion at it had left her stumbling and sticking to cliches. Heechul had warned her not to do it, she would have listened to him as she did not like the dirty tactic but he had made her angry with his belittling her but now she was only angry with herself.

Siwon sighed and shakes his head. “I can't, Yoona. I love Kangin and whatever you heard is a lie. Kangin won't hurt me. Trust me. Don't worry, I will be there for you and the baby but I can't come back to you. I am just asking you to lower the amount a bit. You can have half of my pay if you want but three-fourths is definitely too much.” She was both relieved and devestated at these words, she was glad that he did not consider returning - but again he was patronising her and he did not listen about Kangin.

“Siwon, Yoona, the trial is starting.” Before she could say anything she was interrupted by Kangin, again she had mixed emotions - she was glad as she just did not want to talk to Siwon any more, she felt horrorified at herself and embarrassed over her words. But she missed her chance to straight out tell him. She tensed briefly when Siwon hugs her before leaving to stand next to her boyfriend and their lawyer. The latter was sending a few looks Heechul's way as he and Leeteuk joined her, by Heechul's loosened collar and Leeteuk's collarbone which was glowing red in mysteriously mouth sized patches she could guess what took them that much longer. That was probably what had captured the lawyer's attention as well.

Heechul wrapped his arm around Yoona eying up Siwon who was watching him, he went to stick his tongue out but at Leeteuk's warning gaze he decided to settle for the more professional glare. Yoona felt a sick still after what she had last said to Siwon, she was mortified that such words even left - so she decided to distract herself.

"Must you jump my brother before a court case?" Yoona said as their group followed after Siwon's one towards the court room. Heechul gave a grin towards Leeteuk who coughed in embarrassed. 

"Told you that she would notice." Heechul said towards Leeteuk before returning to Yoona. "It was more like the other way, besides it calms my nerves. I get all jittery without a good hard loving beforehand."

"Please don't talk about our initimate life with my sister." Leeteuk muttered somewhat red in the face.

"Initimate? Too shy to say in front of your sister?" Yoona stated to which Heechul chuckled and Leeteuk murmured to not encourage him.


"So... how did it go?" Siwon asked curiously about his and Heechul's chat. Eunhyuk blinked blankly at the broader built male for a second and responded with a very intelligent 'huh?'. Kangin and Siwon sent each other looks, Eunhyuk did not blank out like this - occasionally he did but never on something so important such as this, Heechul must have done something or said something to cause such a reaction. Witch-craft was suspected or something else such as bullying - Heechul must have done something, be using underhand methods. Eunhyuk was sending looks towards Heechul's way a lot so it was hard not to think it was Heechul's fault.

"You were supposed to see Heechul... so did you?" Kangin prompted, Eunhyuk nodded lightly before seemingly shaking himself out of the mood he was in.

"Didn't get much out of it sadly." Eunhyuk stated straightening his shirt collar before adding almost sourly. "In the end he was just too busy exploring cupboards." Siwon and Kangin gave each other looks at the last statement wondering what on earth was the lawyer implying. Exploring cupboards? Heechul's eyes met Eunhyuk's then and the elder sent him a smile. Eunhyuk quickly looked away and tightened his tie.

"May the best man win." He mouthed back to Heechul who merely smirked. Kangin and Siwon were beginning to wonder if there was some rivalry or something between the two, they weren't sure however if it was a bad or a good thing yet however. Eunhyuk must have been obvious as they normally weren't the most observant when it came to other people.


Yoona sighed and sent Soohyun a distressed look, they had won but she was not pleased with the other. Soohyun's idea of asking for Siwon back still left her sick with herself, it would have turned alright if she had some kind of memory eraser but she did not. It would had been made bearable if she did not think that it had left a small mark on Siwon's performance in court as well so she felt like it was fair. But it was not really fair.

"Did I really have to do that?" She questioned, she felt like she just wanted to blame her for it so she could pretend she had never done it.

"No, you didn't. You choose to do that, I could not force your hand. It was your choice." Soohyun answered coolly and with that Yoona cringed, she had to take responsibility for her own actions - to take it like a woman. She had to woman up. But she was not quite sure if she wanted to for if accepted what she did she would not like the woman that did it. A bitter woman. She did not want to turn out like Soohyun who had turned so bitter with Kangin... but she could see herself falling that way with Siwon if she continued to allow herself to grow ill with him thanks to his attitude. She needed to make a change, be more assertive for one thing and perhaps more thick-skinned. She wanted to be a woman that her child and future children (if she had any) would be proud of.

Soohyun influenced her a little with the bitterness and could bring out the worst in her, she had to admit this... but if she broke her bonds with Soohyun over that. Who would Soohyun have? Soohyun had nobody whilst she had Leeteuk, Heechul and the rest of her family. She couldn't do that to Soohyun, but perhaps she could attempt to influence Soohyun into becoming better - to get over Kangin. She liked that idea.


Heechul won. He won. He did not win the entire case but he did win this round, he practically breezed through it which was irritating as hell to Eunhyuk. He hated how Heechul did not quite seem to take it seriously, he just acted if the whole court was some game. He was not playing Phoenix Wright, this was with real people. How was he so care-free?  He was grinning as he just destroyed two men's way of life.

"That was too far! Were you deliberately trying to ruin their livelihood." This was unprofessional but he couldn't help himself when it came to Heechul, Heechul always brought out the worst in him.

"Hyukjae."

"It was not fair. How could you pull it off."

"Hyukjae."

"I've seen you pull some of the craziest stunts but this was ruthless. How could you use the fact they are gay against them when you are yourself!"

"Hyukjae!" Eunhyuk paused broken by the other's shout and looked up to properly looked at Heechul, he looked tired and this surprised Eunhyuk. Heechul sighed a little before taking the male's shoulders.

"I'm not perfect okay, I'm human. I can hold grudges - you do. Besides get off your high horse, would it really kill them to downsize a little, they already earn more than most. Come on they manage to own their own houses which is more than most can say, most are forced to live in minisule apartments. Some in only one room and I'm supposed to feel sorry for them because their ego is boohooing over a little lost cash. Unlike Yoona who pretty much lost all income because Siwon was so set on being the big man and providing everything and now being pregnant can not work and when the child is born just to work she has to pay out hefty sums to provide for child care. She's going to have to find a new home because she cannot upkeep the one she had. Not to mention all the stress upon a pregnant woman, stress isn't good for her or her baby. Do you think either Siwon or Kangin cry at night or cannot sleep?" 

"I... I'm sorry?" Eunhyuk managed out, he did not know what else he was supposed to say to this.

Heechul sighed again and for that moment he actually looked his age rather than younger like he usually did. "You're so naive at times, Hyukjae, you're lucky that's something I like about you. You can see the good in anyone, I'm almost envious."
 
Eunhyuk found a couple of new things he hated about Heechul today. He hated it when Heechul didn't look his best as he always looked his best, he hated it when Heechul spilt his feelings and caused a well of emotion in him himself and most of all he hated it when Heechul cried. It was always a lot easier to envision Heechul as untouchable, some kind of deity rather than just another human. Heechul probably did not even realise he was crying. It tugged at his very heartstrings, so he hugged him. Heechul did not react at first, presumingly too shocked at how Eunhyuk was initiating contact as he never did. In the end though... Heechul hugged back.
 
"Oh what a sweet moment." A voice called out, both members of the hug party recongnised that voice and it grated on them a little. They parted from the hug
"What do you want Soohyun?" Heechul sighed out in annoyance, Eunhyuk could practically hear the smugness in her voice.
"Well some pregnant girl I know is looking for her lawyer, a certain one who was converting the enemy." She cooes, shashaying her hips as she made her way out the door again. Heechul pulled a face and mocked gagged to Eunhyuk's mild amusement, before he draped his arm around Eunhyuk and drawing him closer to murmur into his ear..
"Keep an eye on that one, Mr Lee. She's shifty." Heechul stated standing up straight, eying up the door checking that Soohyun was most certainly gone. He was back to his usual self - something must have made him perk up a little. Eunhyuk was not quite what, it was either the hug or the dislike of Soohyun stirring him out of his mood.
"Aye, Captain. Shall I ready the cannons." That was when Heechul really smiled, properly smiled. Not smirked. Smiled. Back in their earlier lawyer days they had created the nick-names Captain Heec and Mr Lee, a little nod to Captain Hook and Mr Smee. This was before Leeteuk though and they had fallen out (bit of an understatement) again before Leeteuk but have never quite made up. It left them on tender hooks and Eunhyuk had been finding reasons to hate Heechul ever since - even if sometimes they were feeble, Leeteuk was like the final nail in the coffin for their relationship as he was like a barrier from allowing them to get close again. Heechul's outcry today though had pushed them forward along with this whole case to be honest as they were forced to interact.
"Element of surprise, Mr. Lee, element of surprise." Heechul whispered warningly with a small wink.
"Are you suggesting, what I believe you are suggesting Captain?" Eunhyuk murmured, somewhat surprised.
"Aye, Mr Lee. I cannot win everything after all, you win some, you lose some. Also she's a bit of a ." Heechul began rather cryptically but Eunhyuk got his meanings - to an extent. He definitely understood the last remark though
"Blunt words, Captain." Eunhyuk noted, he was somewhat thankful that some one of the other party noticed it rather than Soohyun playing them all for fools, two-faced as she was. Heechul had always been good at judging people. 
"It isn't like she's the one who's pregnant. Besides her divorce has been in the running for a while long before this affair." Heechul sighed innocently. Whispering his time making sure the other got it clear because cryptic remarks got only so far as they hadn't communicated like this in a long time.
"She'll never see it coming..." Eunhyuk said slowly realisation coming into his eyes.
"Our little secret, no one must know. Shipmate's honour?" Heechul said holding out his hand, Eunhyuk took his hand in his and shook it.
"Shipmate's honour."
"Now it's best to set sail, don't you think?" Heechul stated parting ways as if nothing had ever happened. Eunhyuk looked after him before deciding 

Eunhyuk joined back up with his clients as Heechul did the same. Kangin was fuming and ranting about living under a bridge. He had an apartment and a house - just sell one, Eunhyuk could not help but think - it was not in his business to say anything though and he wouldn't have even thought too much without Heechul's small rant.

Soohyun who was near them and said in sickly sweet tone. "Oh come on, Siwon only gets this ridiculous high pay as a PA because you are only thinking with your , Youngwoon-ah." She left towards her party swinging her hips as she did, Eunhyuk had to admit that she was beautiful but her personality did not seem to be on the same level of beauty. He had to wonder if part of her attitude was Kangin's fault... his constant cheating, his own poor attitude particularly towards Soohyun... he doubted that Kangin had ever loved her even whilst he was marrying her. Then he wondered why he was thinking this now of all times. Maybe he felt a little bit of pity for her - did she have anyone to fall back on when she needed them? Loneliness could do terrible things to people and he could tell that Soohyun was lonely.

And here he was planning to take everything from her alongside not only Kangin and Siwon but to an extent her own lawyer. He felt guilty. Never once had he thought about Soohyun in this way but now for some strange reason he was... he blamed Heechul. He felt like it must have been Heechul's fault with all of his rant. The holding grudges and being human held most weight with him. If Heechul was human rather than this force of nature that Eunhyuk had eventually built him up to be in his mind... Soohyun must be human too.

Damn Heechul for making him a better human - at least more understanding considering empathy. That was the one thing he did not need as a lawyer especially when the empathy was directed towards his opponents. Well-played Heechul, well-played. Eunhyuk had to think.

 “You-”

“Kangin, please. I told you not to let her provoke you. There are a lot of trials left. I am sure Eunhyuk can help us winning this. Only eleven months more and we are divorced from them.”

Eunhyuk could not help but be confident as he nodded, he might not bring them all the results they wanted but he would at least give them some results. All thanks to Heechul (even if he was using Eunhyuk's own feelings aginst him), that devious bastard. That devious side was another part of Heechul that he hated but sometimes - like now... he found he did not dislike it all that much. 

"I know the judge well. I will have a talk to him." Eunhyuk stated, to be honest - he didn't and that wasn't who he was going to have a talk with later, but he had sworn upon shipmate's honour. So he had to say something. "Heechul can't bring something so ridiculous through. I will meet you on Thursday in my office. Have a nice day, you two.” The lawyer pat Kangin's back before he smiled at Siwon but ended up looking over his shoulder towards Heechul (the one h was going to have the talk with) who was leaving with Yoona, looking away quickly when Leeteuk caught him looking. He was lucky Siwon and Kangin were so self-obsorbed otherwise they might start to have questions. He left with an odd mix of emotions, because his relationship with Heechul was moving up again but then again he was not quite sure on any direction which it was moving on or if he really wanted it to. Despite it being years, he was still somewhat sore and could not quite forgive him. Did that make him a horrible person or just a bit pathetic? But it was Heechul... he never felt sure of himself around that guy, he bought out both the worst and best from him.

He hated the way Heechul did that.


Leeteuk did not like it. There was something off with the way Eunhyuk looked at Heechul and how he acted around him, he reminded Leeteuk of a dog eying up a meaty bone on the other side of a window. And Heechul was the bone. He just wanted to physically turn the guy's head away from his man, it was obvious that Heechul was completely uninterested and only saw Eunhyuk as a friendship - a strained one he was attempting to mend in his own weird little way - but still only a friend.

Heechul was just an overly brash and touchy-feely kind of guy, sometimes he seemed to flirt as well - but he only seemed to be flirting if you did not know him. Leeteuk knew how it was when Heechul really  the charm and started flirting - he knew what others might consider as flirting was just Heechul being well... Heechul. Eunhyuk knowing Heechul as long as he did should know that as well but yet he continued to pine for his husband.

Eunhyuk was looking at Heechul again now, so he sent him a look which caused him to quickly look away. It was not that he did not trust Heechul, he trusted Heechul just fine. It was Eunhyuk that he did not trust besides it was getting annoying that the guy did not seem to get the hint. It shouldn't bother him Leeteuk reminded himself... but when it came to Heechul he found that he could become posessive, he wanted him all to himself.

"Hey Jungsoo." Leeteuk's eyes darted towards the other male, it was a thing of Heechul to use people's real names more than nick names unless it was he whom made the nicknames up. "I'm going to go on a couple of play dates with Hyukkiejae - love ya." Straight to the point as usual but leaving many questions unanswered. His husband was honest but could be so cryptic sometimes and it was annoying especially when it came down to Heechul's not so secret admirer Eunhyuk.

"Well... thanks for the warning. May I ask why?" Leeteuk prompted, Heechul smirked a little and teasingly took Leeteuk's chin with his fingers. 

"You'll see, it'll benefit us all in the end." He breathed against Leeteuk's lips before kissing them lightly, Leeteuk sighed lightly. Heechul worked in mysterious ways so he decided it was just best to accept Heechul's words and trust him.

"I better get flowers at the end of this." Leeteuk stated before Heechul laughed and kissed him.


READ FROM Kangin and Siwon's POV in Lusting For My Boss and Crescendo